The FG-42.

USMCBremer
20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Man, I absolutely love the FG-42 as a weapon. Ever since the early days of Medal of Honor, to COD 3 and CODWAW. This game however, I feel as though it could be better. For me it feels as though it has too much recoil for the low damage it deals. The fire rate is so fast you run dry in under 4 seconds, maybe even 3. This would be okay if the weapon melted people fast.
However, this morning I made a breakthrough with this seemingly flawed piece of hardware. I decided to use it as a DMR! Put that **** on semi auto and pick people off no problem. It felt like I was using a suped up M1 Carbine. My experience was comparable to that weapon. Granted you can always just go to the Turner or the Gewehr 43, but if you want to get those challenges done, or simply just have a good time, slap her in semi auto, go prone and **** **** up. When I see people at range, I use it in semi, but when I enter a building or a close quarters are I slap it back on auto. I’m so happy I found a better way to use this gun.

Comments

• Phugazi
    120 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Interesting, will have to try that tonight.
  • TheGM86
    944 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2019
    Congratulations you figured out what the Luftwaffe designed the gun to do.
  • DaMutha1
    1519 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah, me too, I've been hating life trying to get this up to level 10. I have this, the Bren and the stupid shotties to finish off
  • SirTerrible
    1713 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I just use it like a superior KE7. It works.
  • CreedManiac
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Oh but it does melt people in close to medium range.
  • thebossman2202
    401 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The FG-42 beats anything and everything at any range
  • Tremu1ant
    96 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    FG-42 was ahead of its time. It's an excellent gun. Glad you're enjoying it!
  • DALLAS-ak-PEIPER
    457 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Yup, nice gun, got it all gold ;)
  • Gforce81
    3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've been doing this same plan with the Bren to good effect
  • StorminNorman123
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Its a beast in either mode