So many negative threads....

SithMetal71
175 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
yet Dice still state in their update that they listened to feedback, yet there is never any feedback from Dice on the threads stating what they're aware of.

For me this many negative threads in this forum clearly state how bad the game really is and how people are fed up of EA/Dice yet they still believe we're loving this game. What planet are they on?

Comments

• Gravlar_SN9
    267 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Same one where people think being unable to ADS an MMG while running around is a bug probably.
  • DayZEternal1
    121 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Funny. Goes on to talk about how there are many negative threads, proceeds to be negative on their own thread, while also being the guy that believes being unable to ADS an MMG without a bipod is some sort of bug. ( https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/178974/ads-bug#latest )
  • SithMetal71
    175 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Why are people on here so arrogant, they really need to grow up. I know what i saw, and no i was not aware that this was the norm now !
  • skippylarue
    1004 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Why are people on here so arrogant, they really need to grow up. I know what i saw, and no i was not aware that this was the norm now !

It's been that way since launch. You can only ADS with the LMG's. Secondly, people are far more likely to voice negative experiences than positive ones. I'm actually really enjoying the game. I can't relate to a lot of the complaints on this forum.
  • xxxCoOlBr33zExxx
    3924 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator

It's been that way since launch. You can only ADS with the LMG's. Secondly, people are far more likely to voice negative experiences than positive ones. I'm actually really enjoying the game. I can't relate to a lot of the complaints on this forum.

Well said.

-CB
  • Cpt_Blitz_26
    294 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I too am enjoying it, plus this last patch fixed my biggest issues:

- Killcam is now tolerable and faster respawn
    - Medic timers are now working properly
    - Small changes to small object vaulting have improved
    - The change to healthbar color was actually quite a nice little change

Yeah there are still some bugs, but they came out with this patch fairly quickly, I am confident they will keep coming out with these 1-2 patches every month. The game will keep getting better. Thanks DICE for the hard work.
  • StorminNorman123
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I agree with everything except lower player count, just make the maps as big as they used to be.
  • NoQuart3r
    105 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well look, i just saw a sobering report, in that the gaming industry as a whole, is taking a nosedive in a way we have not seen since 1995. The only optimal estimates is only a growth of 1%. In short, it's not just this game, but the game industry as a whole taking a nosedive.

Simply put, this was the worst generation of gaming we've seen in 25 years. Quality is being lowered in lieu of microtransactive process, and younger people (milennials) who make up the largest portion of the gaming market, and are aging as compared to a decade ago, are just not liking the games and are turned off.

Halo, COD, BF, and companies like Betheda, EA, Activision, etc, all getting slammed. In short, the games stink, quality below par, games coming out buggier and broken than ever and maybe dealing with demographies that have outgrown the current models (older folks may not like Halo or Battle Royale), and milking these models with what may be perceived as unsavory practices.

BF is no exception, in that folks want more quality for their dollars, or they won't buy or play the games. SP games like God of War, Red Dead, Uncharted and Skyrim seem to be doing better than the MP platforms. That's a warning as well.

Sports games are copy pasted, with little or nothing more than roster updates, hoping FUT and MUT will pull them thru, and are not anymore. 2K, same deal. Overseas court rulings, putting more dents and dives in stock values, effecting gaming companies involved in these process..

DICE needs to go back to the hey days of the Bad Company series, Bad Company like play (no matter time period), and the fun and quality we all love and remember.

Quality huge Campaigns, huge maps with lower amounts of (32 player conquest as an example), bot modes, many maps, popular modes, and most of all FUN, and away from this hardcore like tactical like model that has divided this series, turning many off.

Games need to go back to a model, of not coming out broken, relying on "updates" to come, or not, to fix what should have already been fixed out of the gate.

If not, the complaints i would think will continue, will be en masse, and would most of all, jive with the data the game industry is seeing.

Your correct but it's never going to happen. The industry is just too big now and the price of failure / not getting to market on time is too high. It's all firmly about shareholder value now. You would need some kind is seismic sector crash to re-route things.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1492 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    NoQuart3r wrote: »
    Well look, i just saw a sobering report, in that the gaming industry as a whole, is taking a nosedive in a way we have not seen since 1995. The only optimal estimates is only a growth of 1%. In short, it's not just this game, but the game industry as a whole taking a nosedive.

Simply put, this was the worst generation of gaming we've seen in 25 years. Quality is being lowered in lieu of microtransactive process, and younger people (milennials) who make up the largest portion of the gaming market, and are aging as compared to a decade ago, are just not liking the games and are turned off.

Halo, COD, BF, and companies like Betheda, EA, Activision, etc, all getting slammed. In short, the games stink, quality below par, games coming out buggier and broken than ever and maybe dealing with demographies that have outgrown the current models (older folks may not like Halo or Battle Royale), and milking these models with what may be perceived as unsavory practices.

BF is no exception, in that folks want more quality for their dollars, or they won't buy or play the games. SP games like God of War, Red Dead, Uncharted and Skyrim seem to be doing better than the MP platforms. That's a warning as well.

Sports games are copy pasted, with little or nothing more than roster updates, hoping FUT and MUT will pull them thru, and are not anymore. 2K, same deal. Overseas court rulings, putting more dents and dives in stock values, effecting gaming companies involved in these process..

DICE needs to go back to the hey days of the Bad Company series, Bad Company like play (no matter time period), and the fun and quality we all love and remember.

Quality huge Campaigns, huge maps with lower amounts of (32 player conquest as an example), bot modes, many maps, popular modes, and most of all FUN, and away from this hardcore like tactical like model that has divided this series, turning many off.

Games need to go back to a model, of not coming out broken, relying on "updates" to come, or not, to fix what should have already been fixed out of the gate.

If not, the complaints i would think will continue, will be en masse, and would most of all, jive with the data the game industry is seeing.

Your correct but it's never going to happen. The industry is just too big now and the price of failure / not getting to market on time is too high. It's all firmly about shareholder value now. You would need some kind is seismic sector crash to re-route things.

Right, well we never know. That can just as well happen. There's times you can never think the impossible could happen, but does. I remember back in 1985, when MTV was at it's zenith, as well as rock music, i was watching a talk show (i think it was the Mortin Downey Jr show), where the question was, "does rock music, discriminate?".

And you had all the big shots on the show, be it Ace Freheley from Kiss, and the Ramones and the rest. And a guy from Rolling Stone magazine claimed, if they didn't reach out to different demographics, other white suburban kids, that whole thing was going away very soon.

And, Ace called called him nuts, the dude from the Ramones looked like he was going to puke in laughter, and even i was saying, this guy must be smoking crack (ironically a big epidemic at the time), and everyone booed him, and Downey threw him out, as they all relished in their successes.

Within a decade, it ALL went bye bye. The big record companies, rock music, all of it.

So, there's times we may think the impossible, but with stream gaming coming along (like streaming music), and possibly more access to more independent niche titles reaching out to different gamers in different way, i can see all the big conglomurates going away just as easy. Anyhow, guess we'll see.
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well, the game has a ton of issues. Hence the negativity.

Supposedly DICE does read the feedback on these forums, but they almost never respond to anything here though.

They respond a decent amount on the Reddit forums though.
  • NoQuart3r
    105 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    NoQuart3r wrote: »

Right, well we never know. That can just as well happen. There's times you can never think the impossible could happen, but does. I remember back in 1985, when MTV was at it's zenith, as well as rock music, i was watching a talk show (i think it was the Mortin Downey Jr show), where the question was, "does rock music, discriminate?".

And you had all the big shots on the show, be it Ace Freheley from Kiss, and the Ramones and the rest. And a guy from Rolling Stone magazine claimed, if they didn't reach out to different demographics, other white suburban kids, that whole thing was going away very soon.

And, Ace called called him nuts, the dude from the Ramones looked like he was going to puke in laughter, and even i was saying, this guy must be smoking crack (ironically a big epidemic at the time), and everyone booed him, and Downey threw him out, as they all relished in their successes.

Within a decade, it ALL went bye bye. The big record companies, rock music, all of it.

So, there's times we may think the impossible, but with stream gaming coming along (like streaming music), and possibly more access to more independent niche titles reaching out to different gamers in different way, i can see all the big conglomurates going away just as easy. Anyhow, guess we'll see.

I hope your right. Industry definitely needs a shake up. I fondly remember my halcyon days with an AMD Athlon, MX518 and relying on GameSpy for servers. Then hours spent on vanilla Counterstrike..
  • Loqtrall
    12468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The complaints are always the loudest. People enjoying the game don't usually post on the forums or reddit.
  • Cpt_Blitz_26
    294 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    The complaints are always the loudest. People enjoying the game don't usually post on the forums or reddit.

I was just about to post this, way to beat me to it ;)
  • 1Tap2TapBF
    49 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hmm, how could someone be mad about Betafield 5?

I loved to not get CC for two months.

I love to have bought the Deluxe Edition and get crappy skins in return created by a 1st semester arts student in 5 minutes.

I just love to run up against totally legit 10+ KDR, 5+ KPM players every day, thanks to FairFight.

So many reasons to not be mad at Betafield 5, I am sure I forgot some.

• xBCxSEALxTEAMx6

Well, now that you mentioned that, why aren't there any real relative complaints on reddit? You make a complaint there, you're voted down 40 times, and a victim of toxic diatribe, no matter how constructive your post may be in that criticism..

So, no i don't think its true that people come to forums to complain, where over there, they purposely come on to advertise with their montages to get upvotes, or cheer the game.
  • Loqtrall
    12468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Well, now that you mentioned that, why aren't there any real relative complaints on reddit? You make a complaint there, you're voted down 40 times, and a victim of toxic diatribe, no matter how constructive your post may be in that criticism..

So, no i don't think its true that people come to forums to complain, where over there, they purposely come on to advertise with their montages to get upvotes, or cheer the game.

There are upvoted criticisms all over the front page of hot threads on the BF Reddit, so I don't see your point. People also post montages and cheer the game here, we just different subforums for each.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6

There are upvoted criticisms all over the front page of hot threads on the BF Reddit, so I don't see your point. People also post montages and cheer the game here, we just different subforums for each.

Well, i took the liberty of copying the front page, and posting it.. here...

https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/

I mean, are those really "complaints", even to the minimum standard of what most of us seem to care about? They are for the most part, going on there to cheer the game, and to the extent they're complaining, are these even remotely the complaints we have here?

So, my point is, one, obviously, given that, they didn't go to the forum to complain.

And two, it's obvious DICE may need a place where people post to complain about things, and i think this Forum is done rationally, and a place where DICE should spend some more time listening to them.
  • 1Tap2TapBF
    49 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

True, today´s Reddit is just a circle jerk, where, if you don´t have the "correct" opinion according to the opinion leaders, you just get down voted to hell in an instant.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    IIWBII wrote: »

True, today´s Reddit is just a circle jerk, where, if you don´t have the "correct" opinion according to the opinion leaders, you just get down voted to hell in an instant.

Right, they're just not in the same universe of reality to put it bluntly, and DICE probably needs a bit of reality right now, being, these are the folks they listen too, and we wonder why the game is having big problems.