3X scopes are not helping this game

Comments

• Sp3ckledJ1m
    183 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It's an awful idea considering the terrible visibility issues in this game. It would mean even more people deciding to go recon to gain an advantage, no other classes would be able to do anything about it and it would make the game suck. If DICE decided to do this, I'm going to play Quake instead.
  • dutchmasta83
    353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    So I don't have to make a useless thread, I would like to point out that the new MAS-44 is the new Mondgragon (especially the way it reloads two strips of 5 bullets) ...think about it for a sec.. you'll see..

Ok, the MAS-44 may be the new Mondragon but how does that relate to the 3X scope problem on all of the assault and LMG's?

Mondragon Sniper had a 3x scope
  • pebjesus
    197 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think the 2x is quite ****

Pat
  • Astr0damus
    2901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    What does not help the game is that anything other than x6, x3 and x 2 scopes (not 2x sights) is either cluttered and /or obstructive via "tints on glass"
    I want my reflex sights crystal clear and the iron sights customizable to remove the useless ghost rings (which are not ghosting like in real life anyway) and to be able to add an outline around the iron sights to prevent them blending with the background shadows

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/comment/1451952/#Comment_1451952

ADS.jpg

ADSBLURRING.jpg

^See if this helps... (there is also ADS DOF to try, but I don't know what that means, or what it does)
  • GPaulstr
    45 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Another campy sniper moaning about weapons that can counter them.
  • bran1986
    5650 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It's an awful idea considering the terrible visibility issues in this game. It would mean even more people deciding to go recon to gain an advantage, no other classes would be able to do anything about it and it would make the game suck. If DICE decided to do this, I'm going to play Quake instead.

Yet as a medic I don't get the luxury of having a 3x scope or even a 2x.
  • WhiteRabbit_swe
    619 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Kauzer_RF wrote: »
    Optics motivate campers. I agree, x3 should be removed from the game.
    You mean, removed from every other class then RECON! :)
  • WhiteRabbit_swe
    So I don't have to make a useless thread, I would like to point out that the new MAS-44 is the new Mondgragon (especially the way it reloads two strips of 5 bullets) ...think about it for a sec.. you'll see..

Ok, the MAS-44 may be the new Mondragon but how does that relate to the 3X scope problem on all of the assault and LMG's?
    MAS-44 is op as hell! But well, so is most of assault semi-auto... Removing 3x scopes from them is a good thing! But if not, then they need to have their bullet velocity, recoil and bullet drop nerfed! They are too good right now, they make recon model 8 and RSC crap weapons, and well they make the selbst 1906 and ZH-29 bad too!

Even if they remove the 3x scopes from anyone else then recon, or nerf assault in some other way, recon SLRs still need buffs! Mostly its the recoil that needs a huge buff, but total ammo carried need to be increased to 5-6/36 for selbst 1906 and ZH-29, and 5-6/46 for RSC and model 8!

RSC and model 8 also need to have their 2 hit kill range increased to 100m, while also having their bullet velocity increased to 730/760 m/s!

Bolt action rifles need to have their bullet velocity increased to 760-860 m/s!

Bullet drag needs to be buffed for all recon bolt action rifles and SLRs!

Its the recon that should be the snipers in this game, NOT assault!

I mean, lets look at the assault selbst 1916... It has high bullet velocity, low bullet drop, high accuracy, low recoil, high ammo, fast reload, AND can be equipped with a bipod!!! That sure as hell looks like a sniper rifle to me... Assault should not run around with these kinds of weapons, only recon should! Recon should be the king of range!!!

I see assault camp sniping on hills in BFV, just as much as actual recons with bolt actilns rifles... That is stupid as ****, and needs to be changed!
  • DingoKillr
    3507 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 31
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    What does not help the game is that anything other than x6, x3 and x 2 scopes (not 2x sights) is either cluttered and /or obstructive via "tints on glass"
    I want my reflex sights crystal clear and the iron sights customizable to remove the useless ghost rings (which are not ghosting like in real life anyway) and to be able to add an outline around the iron sights to prevent them blending with the background shadows

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/comment/1451952/#Comment_1451952

ADS.jpg

ADSBLURRING.jpg

^See if this helps... (there is also ADS DOF to try, but I don't know what that means, or what it does)

Lens distortion I need to check but that is the cross hairs in scopes go fuzz when moving.

Just to add DOF keeps weapon not blurred any time or ADS only.
  • BtheReaper49
    191 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 wrote: »

Yet as a medic I don't get the luxury of having a 3x scope or even a 2x.

Absolutely right! Medics get dumped on but all of the other classes get 3X scopes to stay at safe ranges. And I get killed FAR LESS from snipers than I do by assault and support weapons. And I'd be willing to wager that most have 3X scopes on them...
  • von_Campenstein
    6568 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It's weird that I didn't see requests to remove these scopes in BF1 nor any of the previous games.

I truly wonder what has changed?

Lots changed, faster TTK, poor visibility, less viable bolt actions.

I could run iron sights bolt action in BF1 just fine and it was interesting, when I saw what a scopefest BF5 was going to be I just tuned out. Too modern shooter and no WW2 feel whatsoever.
  • XEN_wunderwaffle
    284 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GPaulstr wrote: »
    Another campy sniper moaning about weapons that can counter them.

yep, nothing to see here except another mad cuz bad kid sniper who got countersniped by someone on the flag

If anything crank up the magnification to 4x. We've had it in every other BF game for SLR's and it was no problem.

Plus the ZF-4 (scope you see on the G43, STG-44 and other German weapons) was a 4x hence the "4".

Oh and add thermals so we can find the bad kids hiding in a tree or proned out on a rock, too. It's realistic

220px-Vampir_night_scope_tested_by_British_soldier.jpg

• Chubzdoomer
    1397 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 31

I've been performing just fine as a Medic with a 1x Reflex scope (aka no zoom what-so-ever).

I really don't think it'd be as big a deal as you're making it out to be.
  • inpham0usV1
    81 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Have to agree. The only class with a 3x should be recon. That would make this game way less campy. People would actually need to move around and find enemies to engage on the objective. There is no reason why assault should have access to a 3x. They make other sights obsolete because if you're not not using a scope on 80% of the maps you are at a disadvantage....since everyone else is.
  • mav_smileyface
    1313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I can’t use any iron sight in BFV in BF1 I used 1.5x buckhorn on the RSC and it was perfect non obstructive at all

Dice ruin scopes in BFV thst had a brilliant customisable model for sights in BF1 why the hell did they remove it

I personally agree with the removal of 3X scope even tho I use it myself a 2x scope would be far more suitable
  • GeriatricKiwi
    42 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I can’t use any iron sight in BFV in BF1 I used 1.5x buckhorn on the RSC and it was perfect non obstructive at all

Dice ruin scopes in BFV thst had a brilliant customisable model for sights in BF1 why the hell did they remove it

I personally agree with the removal of 3X scope even tho I use it myself a 2x scope would be far more suitable

Remove the glint from the 3x would surely suffice I think.
    I use SLRs as assault but rarely try to engage snipers unless getting shot at or I spot them while assaulting a flag and to be fair if they are remotely competent by then I'm normally watching them via kill cam lol.

There needs to be a chance to contest an engagement at mid to medium long range, that more than likely has been forced upon you surely?
  • NF_dEOS
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It's not a problem of zoom multipliers on scopes.
    The problem is that any class except medic can do heavy damage at medium-high range.
    Assault M1A1 is a very good example of this. Even as a sniper, you get counter-sniped by assault classes.
    Even guns like the gewehr 1-5 which are machine guns for CQB have insane accuracy and damage at range.

Damage drop off, bullet drop or whatever is necessary to reduce damage at range from a lot non-sniper weapons needs to be tweaked so that BF5 does not revolve around long distance fire fights.

This is the first battlefield where basically everyone is standing behind cover and making long distance shots. The first one to get out of their protection loses... Don't think about PTFO without smoke grenades (the only asset the poor medic class has on Hamada).
  • Thacyoon
    90 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I know they're here to stay but in my opinion Dice would have done themselves a favor and left the scopes to snipers and having the other weapons have iron sights or maybe just include Nydar sights in BFV. With these larger maps and camping being such a problem, having 3X scopes on all of the assault weapons and LMG's just magnifies the problem. Everyone just lays back at a distance with these scoped weapons and pick other players off that are moving on objectives, getting into good cover (if there really is such a thing), etc. It would have made for a more authentic experience if most of the guns had iron sights. They could still sit back a little bit but overall the engagement ranges would have been much more satisfying. Right now it's too easy for these players. Take a look at the Youtubers like Westie, Jackfrags, etc. They're always posting stuff with 3X scopes and look at the kills they get and the ranges they are at. It's pretty annoying actually and detracts from the WW2 experience in my opinion. If they would have left these out I think many players out there may have a better opinion of the game actually. That's my 2 cents anyway on the matter....

Yes, remove all scopes from all weapons, except recon -> they can have 3X - but still glint. The MMG's are already nerfed, no scopes for the MMG's, so let's be fair and remove all scopes on all the other weapons.
  • WhiteRabbit_swe
    Thacyoon wrote: »
    I know they're here to stay but in my opinion Dice would have done themselves a favor and left the scopes to snipers and having the other weapons have iron sights or maybe just include Nydar sights in BFV. With these larger maps and camping being such a problem, having 3X scopes on all of the assault weapons and LMG's just magnifies the problem. Everyone just lays back at a distance with these scoped weapons and pick other players off that are moving on objectives, getting into good cover (if there really is such a thing), etc. It would have made for a more authentic experience if most of the guns had iron sights. They could still sit back a little bit but overall the engagement ranges would have been much more satisfying. Right now it's too easy for these players. Take a look at the Youtubers like Westie, Jackfrags, etc. They're always posting stuff with 3X scopes and look at the kills they get and the ranges they are at. It's pretty annoying actually and detracts from the WW2 experience in my opinion. If they would have left these out I think many players out there may have a better opinion of the game actually. That's my 2 cents anyway on the matter....

Yes, remove all scopes from all weapons, except recon -> they can have 3X - but still glint. The MMG's are already nerfed, no scopes for the MMG's, so let's be fair and remove all scopes on all the other weapons.
    Recon should not have glint on 3x scopes for their SLRs, but other then that yes!
  • DingoKillr
    3507 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Thacyoon wrote: »

Do you think the accuracy of weapon changes if you have 3x or 2x? Removing 3x just makes high ROF/damage weapons more popular.

The many issue is not LMG with 3x bipod shooting at long range it is the SA as they have higher ROF that only require minimum of 2 shots to kill at any range, they have small moving spread penalty and low recoil making to easy and fast.

Will that change NO. Why? The assignment are telling people to use SA as snipers with headshot kills.

What needs to happen is.
    1) SLR need better setup to allow accurate high ROF. So it is competitive with SA.
    2) BA needs more velocity. Let it actual do its combat role of sniper.
    3) Recon to get a few CQB silenced weapons. About 3 should do for objective play
    4) Medic to get a few carbine that has a medium range accuracy, slow ROF and 3x. Never be snipers but can at least shoot across the distance of an objective accuractly.
    5) Distance based glint on all scopes. Roughly 150m. Less Christmas light show but easy to spot range campers.
    6) AR to get more recoil on single fire.
    7) SA to get more recoil to slow ranged ROF