This Week in Battlefield V

Wow.. breakthrough!!

mav_smileyface
1313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
What an epic game mode! I am a CQ fanboy but figured I try this game mode.. it’s nothing short of epic ruthlessness!!

First game I finished 87 to 10 deaths as infantry, medics actually revive its incredible!!

On Xbox iframerates go through the toilet..

But boy oh boy I love this mode each map is flank city!

Comments

• Balzano
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 31
    I love it as well, allthough i seem to be having massive framdrops in it, and the game lags to hell. Don't know why though.

Edit: once i get the massive framedrop (since last patch), it doesnt matter if i exit the current match, the FPS stays around 2-3 fps in the menu even.
  • Noodlesocks
    2875 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's a fun game mode and should replace Conquest Assault for all maps going forward.
  • Jayremie570
    1642 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Grand ops and breakthrough are the best. Rounding out the worst modes are conquest and squad conquest or what i've named them "runquest".

Not fact just my feels.
  • thebossman2202
    377 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Breakthrough, Grand Operations, Sqaud Conquest and Frontlines are IMO the best gane modes
  • grrlpurple
    803 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Breakthrough is the most unbalanced lopsided game mode ever or perhaps I'm just unlucky to continually be lumbered with a badly losing team 😕
  • Mrcleanjeans
    279 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Just another meatgrinder mode that greatly restricts how you can play the game. Not a fan.

I’m not a fan is pickles but they are there for people who like them.
  • fakemon64
    898 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 31
    I really only play conquest and breakthrough now. Though i still wish conquest was revamped to offer something new and entertaining. Sometimes the mode just feels stale and uninspired at times.

I also wouldn't mind the addition of some sort of vehicles only mode (air and ground)
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 31
    Just another meatgrinder mode that greatly restricts how you can play the game. Not a fan.

Yeah, I'll get my weekly reward and XP from playing Breakthrough then I'm getting the F out
  • American_Outlaw
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Breakthrough on Aerodrome is Horrid!!!! Twisted Steel and Arris Breakthrough though is great!!!
  • theONEFORCE
    2843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Restricts by making you play a contested objective.

People that don't like modes like Frontlines and Breakthrough are typically the types that only cap uncontested flags in conquest and then brag about their SPM.
  • kjgregoire
    116 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Breakthrough is great on arras or twisted steel. It’s a fun game mode if you get the right maps.

I find it’s a good place to get weapon assignments completed. Especially ridiculous ones like “kill 20 players while defending/attacking an objective” this would be impossible on something like conquest.

Fun mode on the right map. I’ll insta-quit if I get aerodrome.
  • DCSTomcat
    1055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 31
    It's really fun in the air farming infantry kills on Narvik as Brits unopposed until the final sector.
  • DCSTomcat
    1055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Breakthrough is like Operations but worse: the maps are smaller but the playercount stays the same. Horrible boring meatgrinder where tactics are of no importance since noone can really flank or infiltrate. I'll skip this tides of war silly headgear, its not worth it playing this awful gamemode.
    I like Operations in BF1, 3 battalions as attacker. I played it almost exclusively but BFV, I went back to CQ.
  • 0SiGHT0
    455 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Terrible design, if you like to pad your stats and get a lot of kills quickly I suppose you can enjoy it. Provides very little replay value or strategy like proper Conquest does. You can get the same experience except with actual good gameplay on games like Bad Company 2 conquest.
  • OldSkoolzFinest
    471 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I’m not a fan is pickles but they are there for people who like them.

Come on.......we all know you like those pickles
  • OldSkoolzFinest
    471 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What an epic game mode! I am a CQ fanboy but figured I try this game mode.. it’s nothing short of epic ruthlessness!!

First game I finished 87 to 10 deaths as infantry, medics actually revive its incredible!!

On Xbox iframerates go through the toilet..

But boy oh boy I love this mode each map is flank city!

I'm not a fan.
    Squad Conquest and Frontlines are my favorite.
    But I'll still most likely grind it for the item.