Why All The Hate??

Comments

• Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    InnerD wrote: »
    you have to understand that the people who enjoy this game are busy playing it and don't bother to visit the forums to complain.
    its typically considered a loud minority that complains.

Loud minority you say? How did the sales of BF5 turn out huh? That loud minority is actually the loud majority if you are paying attention that is. But most including yourself seems to be in some dream like state thinking all is good with the game but it really isn't. There's a reality that you need to see instead of pink rainbows that your imagining.

We are the loud minority, the entire forum. There are statistically immensely more people playing BF5 than there are posting on these forums. There is objectively no way that the "vocal" community represents the majority of the playerbase.
  • Marine_IraHayes2
    234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    Call me a hater then.
    Dropped $100 for black and infinite loading screens after every game. Had two updates and realized footsteps are more of a priority. But yea...just over reacting on my part.

I'm curious, do you play on console, and if so what kind of storage medium e.g. internal HDD, SSD etc. do you use for games?

I'd wager you may need to upgrade to an external SSD with a minimum USB 3.0 connection. Because I know XB1 and PS4 use 5400 RPM HDDs with USB 2.0 connectors, so they're really slow.

It is internal HDD. What external SSD and case would you recommend?
  • azelenkin0306
    553 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    TL;DR

I, personally, don't hate the game itself, but I don't like the way this game is being handled.

First, I don't want to support these kind of practices when company tries to sell the unfinished game for the full price just to close their financial reports.

Second, I don't like this Business model where all the content depends on selling skins. Why was it so hard to keep Premium and still sell skins? I don't care about skins, paints and other customization stuff, but I care about maps and weapons.

They could keep the Premium for 30$ for guaranteed content and sell skins for those who want it desperately. Premium could include some unique stuff, Priority while in the Queue and some additional useful stuff worth of the purchase. Maps and weapons are free for everyone. But instead they decided to use the cheapest marketing tricks to boost sales.

Third: this game doesn't have any solid concept. BF1 with all Elites, Behemoths and other Sweet Spots has a solid concept: Class balance was good, Teamplay was encouraged but not forced, Operations mode was a great addition to this game and it worked really well, maps were good and offered different playstyles and etc.

In BFV they're acting like they don't have any vision and just trying to please everyone. This approach will fail anyway because you can't please everyone. Just look at these Vehicles vs Infantry threads. It's hilarious. Every single person is trying to make the game comfortable for him and only him. I've seen even posts suggesting to remove planes and tanks from the game.

Another example, Attrition and BA rifles. With the initial attrition values, BA rifles were in good place. But then they tweaked Attrition, but forgot to adjust BA rifles, having made them basically useless.

Fourth: despite some really good improvements comparing to BF1 (removing grenade spam, removing Sweet spot and etc.), I really don't understand why did they change things that worked really well in BF1.

For example, my biggest dissapointment about BFV is the screwed Operations mode. New Grand Operations is a joke and Breakthrough is pathetic and bland copy of Operations. Apparently developers don't have a clue what made BF1 Operations great.

How could someone come up with the idea of having 4 days, where 2 days basically don't matter and 4 Day is like a unicorn? Maybe it exists, but noone has seen it. But the most hilarious part is the introduction of Conquest into Operations mode. That was really brilliant (it wasn't)

Fifth: the number of apologists and fanboys that support these **** business practices. I am not talking about design decisions, gameplay and other stuff - it's all completely subjective.

But FFS, giving big round of applause to the developers for fixing stuff that they have broken. What's next? In the next title we will thank developers for the game that it least starts and can connect to servers. What kind of Attitude is that?

In the end it's all about the fan, even the **** games can bring some fun, but why are people's standards are so low?

No offence,
    Thanks
  • Redstripe101
    2546 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TL;DR

I, personally, don't hate the game itself, but I don't like the way this game is being handled.

First, I don't want to support these kind of practices when company tries to sell the unfinished game for the full price just to close their financial reports.

Second, I don't like this Business model where all the content depends on selling skins. Why was it so hard to keep Premium and still sell skins? I don't care about skins, paints and other customization stuff, but I care about maps and weapons.

They could keep the Premium for 30$ for guaranteed content and sell skins for those who want it desperately. Premium could include some unique stuff, Priority while in the Queue and some additional useful stuff worth of the purchase. Maps and weapons are free for everyone. But instead they decided to use the cheapest marketing tricks to boost sales.

Third: this game doesn't have any solid concept. BF1 with all Elites, Behemoths and other Sweet Spots has a solid concept: Class balance was good, Teamplay was encouraged but not forced, Operations mode was a great addition to this game and it worked really well, maps were good and offered different playstyles and etc.

In BFV they're acting like they don't have any vision and just trying to please everyone. This approach will fail anyway because you can't please everyone. Just look at these Vehicles vs Infantry threads. It's hilarious. Every single person is trying to make the game comfortable for him and only him. I've seen even posts suggesting to remove planes and tanks from the game.

Another example, Attrition and BA rifles. With the initial attrition values, BA rifles were in good place. But then they tweaked Attrition, but forgot to adjust BA rifles, having made them basically useless.

Fourth: despite some really good improvements comparing to BF1 (removing grenade spam, removing Sweet spot and etc.), I really don't understand why did they change things that worked really well in BF1.

For example, my biggest dissapointment about BFV is the screwed Operations mode. New Grand Operations is a joke and Breakthrough is pathetic and bland copy of Operations. Apparently developers don't have a clue what made BF1 Operations great.

How could someone come up with the idea of having 4 days, where 2 days basically don't matter and 4 Day is like a unicorn? Maybe it exists, but noone has seen it. But the most hilarious part is the introduction of Conquest into Operations mode. That was really brilliant (it wasn't)

Fifth: the number of apologists and fanboys that support these **** business practices. I am not talking about design decisions, gameplay and other stuff - it's all completely subjective.

But FFS, giving big round of applause to the developers for fixing stuff that they have broken. What's next? In the next title we will thank developers for the game that it least starts and can connect to servers. What kind of Attitude is that?

In the end it's all about the fan, even the **** games can bring some fun, but why are people's standards are so low?

No offence,
    Thanks

well said
  • aseveredfoot
    2446 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I mostly think compared to the last several BF games I've played, it just feels a bit...empty if that makes sense. It's just lacking depth and WW2 ambiance.

Why do people hate on it? We've all seen the reasons from crappy marketing to the bugs.

We saw plenty of hate for bf1 as well for all sorts of reasons.

Do I hate it? No. I'm on the fence and I try to be fair. I just think it's just disappointing to go from a game like BF1, which for all its strengths and weaknesses, arguably had a truly epic feeling to the game play, to BFV which feels hollow.

I think my feeling is that BF1 had the epic feel and played more how I thought a World War shooter should. It would've been nice to have worked on keeping that feel.

Contrarily, I would've liked keeping the attrition system as it was and make minor adjustments depending on game mode. Grand ops with 2 mags led to a lot of trying to kill people with pistols. But it worked fine in conquest, and I liked having to play carefully.

In short, it should be either more tactical or less tactical.
  • Natetendo83
    1021 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    For me it's not hate, but just a general sense of..."meh."
    • The WWII atmosphere is lacking for reasons I don't like to get into on the forums for fear of sparking a political debate. I'll just say that if they offered this same style of customization in a modern setting, or Bad Company, it would have been incredibly well received. WWII was just the wrong setting to do what they did since many people really value atmosphere even within the realm of an arcade shooter.
    • The assignments...goodness where do I begin? They are terrible and completing many of them forces you to play the game in ways you wouldn't naturally. When the game forces you to play the game in essentially the wrong way that's just bad design.
    • Tides of war...has been poorly implemented. My life is pretty busy so outside of work, my wife, my kids, and all the activities involved I don't get a lot of time to play. I missed a couple weeks around Christmas due to family activities and thus I missed some of the guns. Sure I could pay company coin for them....but I'm tired of this free content that requires you to jump through hoops to unlock. Just release the guns and let the community enjoy the content with the gameplay. The gameplay should be your hook, not the carrot on a stick to unlock a gun.

Anyways that's just a few things that stick out to me.
  • EA_Cian
    822 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, EA Staff (retired), Battlefield V
    Real quick here folks - let's quit it with some of the back and forth happening here (such as how we're debating the relevance of size of dev teams vs people leaving) - these conversations are derailing conversation and aren't being done in the most productive fashion.
  • moosehunter1969
    1108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    For me it’s just boring. They have made a lot of changes that weren’t needed and for me they don’t make the game feel like a battlefield game. I’m not really sure what their target audience is with this title.

Try playing Frontlines or Breakthrough where there’s an actual point to the battle so it feels like an actual battle. Conquest is OK but to me has never felt like I was in a proper battle. The above game modes for me are much more exciting rarely dull and much more immersive.

I’m glad that the new TOW assignments use these game modes as some people who only play Conquest may give them a go and actually get something out of them.
  • Tactical_wizzzeR
    302 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    the Majority of the hate I've seen it outside of the game itself, it's mostly from Youtubers making a quick buck riding an algorithms of the rage machine.

Battlefield V is the first Battlefield where I've seen more of those "objective reviews" on from youtubers that spend 80% of their review ranting about "histical accuracy", which they never cared about previous titles- but NOW it's such a big deal and they barely touch any gameplay.

this aura of negativity has become reallty tiresome, but it's not even being fed by real genuine thought or emotion- it's simply algorithms, it's all clickbait nonesense, it's white noise that acually made me realise how all those "trusted objective" youtubers actually work and what really drives them.

it's not to say that there aren't real issues with the game and I'm exonerating DICE and EA from criticism. this game was rushed by 6 months at least with the most anemic launch I've ever seen for a Battlefield game.

things aren't all rainbow and sunshines BFV now, but holy cow do those hate merchants on the Internet just keep piling in on what is essentially a trend that is kept alive by machine learning.
  • NoQuart3r
    105 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    the Majority of the hate I've seen it outside of the game itself, it's mostly from Youtubers making a quick buck riding an algorithms of the rage machine.

Battlefield V is the first Battlefield where I've seen more of those "objective reviews" on from youtubers that spend 80% of their review ranting about "histical accuracy", which they never cared about previous titles- but NOW it's such a big deal and they barely touch any gameplay.

this aura of negativity has become reallty tiresome, but it's not even being fed by real genuine thought or emotion- it's simply algorithms, it's all clickbait nonesense, it's white noise that acually made me realise how all those "trusted objective" youtubers actually work and what really drives them.

it's not to say that there aren't real issues with the game and I'm exonerating DICE and EA from criticism. this game was rushed by 6 months at least with the most anemic launch I've ever seen for a Battlefield game.

things aren't all rainbow and sunshines BFV now, but holy cow do those hate merchants on the Internet just keep piling in on what is essentially a trend that is kept alive by machine learning.

Totally agree with you. Today's internet pack mentality = faux outrage and sense of extreme entitlement overriding any sense of normal perspective. Sad really.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    you have to understand that the people who enjoy this game are busy playing it and don't bother to visit the forums to complain.

Loud minority you say? How did the sales of BF5 turn out huh? That loud minority is actually the loud majority if you are paying attention that is. But most including yourself seems to be in some dream like state thinking all is good with the game but it really isn't. There's a reality that you need to see instead of pink rainbows that your imagining.

Every day I play with the same folks who have been in the BF series for many years, some going back to the beginning. While we recognize the problems with the game, we are still having fun. So what are we supposed to do, lie, say we hate the game and we're going to uninstall?

We know there are some really dumb design choices in BFV, like that awkward UI. And there are annoying bugs like ammo crates dropping through the floor. The network performance is poor, that's the big one for me. But we are still enjoying the game.

Nobody is saying all is good with the game, so why make that up? But you need to understand that not everyone is having the technical problems some folks are having, and not everyone is furious because they don't like some change DICE made from previous titles in the series. My group are long-time gamers and server operators, we have walked away from games in the past but we are still playing BFV because we like it despite the issues. You don't have to agree, but when you suggest we're in a dream state you make it clear your argument isn't strong enough to stand on its own so you have to belittle those you don't agree with.

If you don't like the game, don't play it, move on, seems simple to me. But why hang around here to cry about it?
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1318 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Call me a hater then.
    Dropped $100 for black and infinite loading screens after every game. Had two updates and realized footsteps are more of a priority. But yea...just over reacting on my part.

I'm curious, do you play on console, and if so what kind of storage medium e.g. internal HDD, SSD etc. do you use for games?

I'd wager you may need to upgrade to an external SSD with a minimum USB 3.0 connection. Because I know XB1 and PS4 use 5400 RPM HDDs with USB 2.0 connectors, so they're really slow.

It is internal HDD. What external SSD and case would you recommend?

I use an ADATA 512GB external SSD, which has worked beautifully for 2 years.

This is a similar one: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XS1G2M9/ref=twister_B077942LHW?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
    Or you could go for the 256GB one.
  • Pillownaut
    178 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 31
    But why hang around here to cry about it?

It's called feedback. A lot of people, me included, want them to make at better game the next time around.

I want them to make a proper Battlefield game. Not like this half-baked Battlefield: Far Cry 4 mechanics edition thing we got now.

To OP: I do not waste energy on hating a video game. I just don't like it. There's a difference.

Edit: I have to add: I love the Far Cry games, but they do not play well in multiplayer.

• Cpt_Blitz_26
    280 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 31
    Pillownaut wrote: »
    But why hang around here to cry about it?

It's called feedback. A lot of people, me included, want them to make at better game the next time around.

I want them to make a proper Battlefield game. Not like this half-baked Battlefield: Far Cry 4 mechanics edition thing we got now.

To OP: I do not waste energy on hating a video game. I just don't like it. There's a difference.

Edit: I have to add: I love the Far Cry games, but they do not play well in multiplayer.

I think we all want that, a better game experience, otherwise we wouldn't be here.

And feedback is great to do this but can we agree that there are a lot of posts and people posting nonconstructive, toxic, and plain incoherent feedback?

"NeRf DA gUN, WhY mY TiGEER NO 1 ShOT tHAAT CHurCHilL!? lET's kILL tHe DeVS oR fIRE ThEM"

Geeeeez people!

As if any of us could do a better job, we are lucky to even live in a time where we can enjoy games such as BF5.

Quite simply, if it's not constructive or helpful feedback it is best left omitted. Or just don't say anything at all to waste their time, because what it's doing is ultimately hindering the games overarching post-development.

Love and Peace. Preach it.
  • TFBisquit
    1513 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well, I know from BF3 I was whizzed by the maps and atmosphere. That alone gave me a drive to play again. I'm missing that in this edition. I mean, the graphics are great looking, lots of detail, city maps are goodlooking etc etc. But I'm not mesmerized by them.
    I must admit I like the birds though. There are ofcourse nice touches in this game, it's not all bad.
  • WrexDotExe
    141 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm hoping that EA will fire these so-called devs due to BFV's poor sales. I hate everything about this game, everything feels like a chore. Why do I have to interact with ammo boxes? why do I have to make round trips in a tank just to replenish ammo? Why do I get thrown in the 9th seat when entering a vehicle? Why is there no proper Anti-aliasing in this game? etc.
  • Faylum
    419 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't understand why there is so much animosity directed towards this game. Why does everyone hate it so much???

I don't understand why people like you asks stupid questions like this when you live in an era where the internet is our overlord. You are either secretly an EA exec trying to find out how to bleed more money from its fans or you are someone who will never ever again be seen on these forums because you are an EA exec on an alternate account.
  • Woodlbrad
    615 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 3
    Because this game is still in beta things still not working properly, garbage assignment task system, and abysmal balance all around.
  • OverLord01a
    170 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 3
    Loqtrall wrote: »

We are the loud minority, the entire forum. There are statistically immensely more people playing BF5 than there are posting on these forums. There is objectively no way that the "vocal" community represents the majority of the playerbase.

Yeah right loud minority my butt. Your sales numbers are lower then bf hardline and alot of people have turned there noses to this game. Also there becoming "bored" of this game. I just read the thread that was created on this very forum. Go ahead and explain that. They could have made the game alot better but chose to do the opposite and the result is pretty obvious.
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »

Yeah right loud minority my butt. Your sales numbers are lower then bf hardline and alot of people have turned there noses to this game. Also there becoming "bored" of this game. I just read the thread that was created on this very forum. Go ahead and explain that. They could have made the game alot better but chose to do the opposite and the result is pretty obvious.

Lmao so think that the mere thousand or so active posters on this forum are the majority of people still playing BF5? Are you delusional?

What do you want me to explain about someone getting bored of BF5? Are you under the impression there weren't threads exactly like that during bf4, bf1, etc?

Sorry, but if you think the forum community represents the majority of BF players, there's no amount of explaining I could do to help you. You are lost.