Being put in trash team is getting worse by day

SuperiorByGender
3239 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
Dice, are you going to add a microtransaction that would put me into decently stacked team? That seems like a plan of your because currently its doing completely opposite.
I'm totally sick of being out into the most trash team possible. 9/10 servers I join have same thing happening. Either its middle of a round with my team loosing by 200+ points, or I get in from the start, and while my entire team is capturing first flag, enemy team spreads out and takes the rest of the flags and spawn locks my team. So far, BF5 is the worst BF in terms of team balance.

In previous games I was either buying VIP slot on a decent private server, or switched team. In BF5 however, there is only one option, and its quitting. And its getting to the point where by the time I spend half an hour trying to find a server, I don't want to play anymore. I personally don't mind if my team is loosing by a little bit, but I swear to God, I can't stay in a team full of noobs who are getting completely obliterated and drag me down with them. I don't want to play in my spawn while getting enemy PIAT stuffed in my face.

IMO if the game is developed by a former E-Sports players, then it needs some kind of MMR system to differentiate good players from bots in order to have good balance and prevent stacking.

Comments

• VincentNZ
    3885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Well you jsut demonstrated nicely why DICE decided to not have rental servers. By the way, if your team is trash, this means you are just as trashy.
  • Jedi76
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2019
    I wholeheartedly agree, and confirm that this happens to me too.

In fact, it is becoming something of a deal-breaker.

I am so sick and tired of becoming spawn-locked, and then shot to death every 10 seconds. I am also sick and tired of trying to find a server that does not do this to me.

I am not the best player ever, but I can hold my own when I am in a reasonably competent team. Just recently I feel like I just shouldn't bother logging in just to be murdered constantly.

It is tiring, and certainly not what I paid my £50 for...
  • Jedi76
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    Well you jsut demonstrated nicely why DICE decided to not have rental servers. By the way, if your team is trash, this means you are just as trashy.

Yeah right, like one guy can beat the other team all by himself?
  • KorpusDraige
    2388 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I stopped caring about public wins/losses a long time ago. It's hard to carry 31 others to a win. It don't mean much.
  • TheGM86
    917 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Jedi76 wrote: »

Yeah right, like one guy can beat the other team all by himself?
    In Bad Company 2, I could but there is just too many people in this game. But back to the topic at hane, these past few days I've been getting nothing but poop tier teammates. it's disheartening.
  • SuperiorByGender
    3239 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2019
    By the way, if your team is trash, this means you are just as trashy.

I don't agree with this. I'm usually miles ahead of my team in terms of performance. A full squad could cause enough trouble for the enemy team to make a difference. A single or 2 players in a squad can barely cap a single flag before being overwhelmed by enemy team.

Heres a good example, its me and my friend going toe to toe while the rest of out team is getting destroyed, this is how most of our games goes. We, or I when play alone, go 6-10k points ahead of everyone else while completely embarrassing enemy players, and our team(And especially our squad) is camping somewhere in the open field trying to snipe someone. And then our squad mates wonder why we kick them.
    4jazEuH.jpg
  • TuxedoBanana279
    347 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

That's simply not true. First of all, one good player cannot carry the entire 32 player team in most cases. Second, if you team is doing bad, that doesn't automatically make YOU bad. You can't make up for every bad player, you know.
  • CSO7777
    1875 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The balance seems to be as bad as in BF1.

The problems are the same, player skill is not balanced at all and it doesn't seem like any balancing takes place between rounds. Also the balancer doesn't seem to consider the individual "camping" or the amount of PTFO-team-play of each player.

Balancing is probably harder than we realize, but still. Dice has been in this game for more than 15 years and one should think they learned something during that time. But the problem just seems to get worse in every new release (from BF3 to BFV).

Older titles had the problems too, but BF1 really was the worst. Now BFV is unfortunately becoming like BF1.
  • NoQuart3r
    105 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Lol I like the OPs microtransaction approach. I know he was jesting but I wonder how many people would pay for a "balance option"? There would of course be widespread anger but i reckon more than a few would secretly pay on the sly..
  • SuperiorByGender
    NoQuart3r wrote: »
    Lol I like the OPs microtransaction approach. I know he was jesting but I wonder how many people would pay for a "balance option"? There would of course be widespread anger but i reckon more than a few would secretly pay on the sly..

Like I said, I used to pay for monthly VIP slot on a private servers during BF3 and BF4 days. Many others did the same to have people kicked from the server so you could join, and be free from server balancer. So there is nothing new here.
  • Alaedrea
    49 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bragging about top fragging as an assault/vehicle main and wondering why his team cant keep up. If you actually care about helping your team and winning, there are two classes that specialize in that. If all you care about are your stats and position on the end scoreboard, then keep doing you, but quit complaining.
  • 0SiGHT0
    455 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dice, are you going to add a microtransaction that would put me into decently stacked team? That seems like a plan of your because currently its doing completely opposite.
    I'm totally sick of being out into the most trash team possible. 9/10 servers I join have same thing happening. Either its middle of a round with my team loosing by 200+ points, or I get in from the start, and while my entire team is capturing first flag, enemy team spreads out and takes the rest of the flags and spawn locks my team. So far, BF5 is the worst BF in terms of team balance.

In previous games I was either buying VIP slot on a decent private server, or switched team. In BF5 however, there is only one option, and its quitting. And its getting to the point where by the time I spend half an hour trying to find a server, I don't want to play anymore. I personally don't mind if my team is loosing by a little bit, but I swear to God, I can't stay in a team full of noobs who are getting completely obliterated and drag me down with them. I don't want to play in my spawn while getting enemy PIAT stuffed in my face.

IMO if the game is developed by a former E-Sports players, then it needs some kind of MMR system to differentiate good players from bots in order to have good balance and prevent stacking.

Nice joke, those hires have no idea how to develop a game. Why do you think these games are such a far cry from BC2 and BF3?
  • NoQuart3r
    105 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    NoQuart3r wrote: »

Like I said, I used to pay for monthly VIP slot on a private servers during BF3 and BF4 days. Many others did the same to have people kicked from the server so you could join, and be free from server balancer. So there is nothing new here.

I agree with you then as more choice is always going to benefit the player base. Dice are asking for big trouble if they do not bring in rental servers as along with HC its quite the omission. I for one prefer longer game timers and more choice in map rotation etc. Seems a no brainer to me as not only would it increase choice but also earn them additional income.
  • clouseau2112
    221 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @ yourlocalplumber & Jedi 76...

What console, what region?

Would be willing to team up, and help out

I'm xbox one, western US. Can play east coast servers as well.
  • Chubzdoomer
    1397 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2019
    The team balance felt great at launch, and for the first 3-4 weeks or so.

Now it's reached Battlefield 1 levels of bad.

Like I said in another thread, either you dominate or end up with teammates who eat paint chips. Rarely is it ever anything in between.
  • CaptainHardware
    303 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've noticed the same, a rapid drop off in balance.

The matchmaking system is idiotically programed, at best, it will fill up the bigger team first..... But a lot of this is because guess what, this is what happens when a game isn't popular. People don't buy it, and without a very large core of experienced players on each team battlefield never works.

Beyond that, the entire game design of hardcore infantry play - crap for vehicles is the best possible combination for magnifying imbalances in teams. I'm not talking about bad tanks either, that's somewhat self balancing in theory. It's the fact that basic things like using transports and bailing from a plane to backcap have been made much harder on purpose and much less effective ruins traditional battlefield playstyles that could keep a team that wasn't as good at killing competitive at winning. Attrition and small squads make this even worse, a handful of backcappers are now much less effective out of hand. DICE literally said they wanted to slow down gameplay. Guess what, if you slow ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ down on purpose then the more killy team becomes MUCH more effective.

Battlefield V is okay as a shooter, but it's a bad battlefield game because they've taken away all the mechanics that made it actually work, and not attracted the kind of players who can play it decently. I'm not amazed by the maps either, a couple are okay, but a bunch of them seem like they were designed for team death match. The giant objectives aren't helpful at all when its every single damn objective.

The only thing to do now s quit a losing server. It's hopeless staying even with an organized group, and this is going to have a continuing toxic downward ratchet. DICE could go a lot of things to improve the situation, but I don't think they will because even though this is a 'live service game' they'll never admit bad choices like vehicle exit animations and spawning with no ammo do nothing but make the weak team weaker, while draining the fun out of the game. Which turns into people don't play as much, and when they do play they don't even try to win because they can't.

• VincentNZ
    3885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I don't agree with this. I'm usually miles ahead of my team in terms of performance. A full squad could cause enough trouble for the enemy team to make a difference. A single or 2 players in a squad can barely cap a single flag before being overwhelmed by enemy team.

Heres a good example, its me and my friend going toe to toe while the rest of out team is getting destroyed, this is how most of our games goes. We, or I when play alone, go 6-10k points ahead of everyone else while completely embarrassing enemy players, and our team(And especially our squad) is camping somewhere in the open field trying to snipe someone. And then our squad mates wonder why we kick them.
    4jazEuH.jpg

So? Has it ever occured to you that you are put into this via matchmaking? To have a balanced round? As you put it so eloquently: 1. In earlier games you would have just switched sides, which is the reason why they removed that option. 2. Or you would have payed for a premium slot, which illustrates why we do not have RSP.
    Matchmaking is there and it is skill based, everybody claiming he is so good but simply gets put on the wrong team is just confirmation bias. When you look up the stats, they are still above a 50% winrate. You sourself are sitting at a whooping 77% which basically means that you leave every round where your team can not clearly win. I would applaud DICE to simply award not any points again for leaving a round mid-game.
    So obviously you do not get put into the "trashteam" all the time. It is simply a vast overexaggeration.
    Matchmaking is there to ensure balanced rounds and the algorithm is skill-based. It does naturally not account for people joining through the server browser, or later into the game, nor can it compensate for players leaving the game after the round has started. It can also not accomodate if a succesful tanker suddenly plays medic with the worst weapon available. Still, if you get your buttocks handed to you over a round, it's your whole team's fault and that included yourself, because the algorithm did it's best to balance the round via skill.
  • MBT_Layzan
    2462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What I don't get is when a game ends, it doesn't even out the numbers a bit while we stare at the stupid soldiers, half a team leave and then the game starts with one sides twice the number of the other...?
  • SuperiorByGender

4jazEuH.jpg

So? Has it ever occured to you that you are put into this via matchmaking? To have a balanced round? As you put it so eloquently: 1. In earlier games you would have just switched sides, which is the reason why they removed that option. 2. Or you would have payed for a premium slot, which illustrates why we do not have RSP.
    Matchmaking is there and it is skill based, everybody claiming he is so good but simply gets put on the wrong team is just confirmation bias. When you look up the stats, they are still above a 50% winrate. You sourself are sitting at a whooping 77% which basically means that you leave every round where your team can not clearly win. I would applaud DICE to simply award not any points again for leaving a round mid-game.
    So obviously you do not get put into the "trashteam" all the time. It is simply a vast overexaggeration.
    Matchmaking is there to ensure balanced rounds and the algorithm is skill-based. It does naturally not account for people joining through the server browser, or later into the game, nor can it compensate for players leaving the game after the round has started. It can also not accomodate if a succesful tanker suddenly plays medic with the worst weapon available. Still, if you get your buttocks handed to you over a round, it's your whole team's fault and that included yourself, because the algorithm did it's best to balance the round via skill.

I wonder how this matchmaking seems to put me into terrible team in the first place, while having other team stacked with good players.