Why does fjell even exist?

AhoyDrogon
273 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
The map is boring, on conquest, it's a fodder run for the planes as AA can't maneuver enough to get one plane anywhere on the map, frontlines is a joke, the visibility is dire...

Seriously, can anyone justify this map for me, please.

Comments

• Chubzdoomer
    1397 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Aerodrome makes it feel like a masterpiece.
  • 0SiGHT0
    455 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What a surprise, super tight alleyway-esque gameplay is horrible, aka basically every map in Battlefield 1. The planes just add insult to injury as they provide literally nothing to the gameplay. A true gem
  • SirTerrible
    1713 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Half the maps in BFV could qualify as the worst maps in the game if they were in any other Battlefield.
  • sasqch10
    173 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Dice/ea lost their identity long ago with this franchise. Tried to blend too many other games into its core. It results in lame and many random “dice” kills. Planes just fly in circles and tanks are forced into alleyways in a supposed open world. With the change to TTD and bad class balance you get boring game play and maps that half of the pervious maps players leave because it blows
  • American_Outlaw
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Fjell is the worst designed map in BF history and add in Bombers its abysmal!!! Whoever at DICE not only thought this would be a great map but also decided that Bombers were a great idea should be FIRED!!!!
  • ProAssassin2003
    3868 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The Map is Awful.
  • ElliotLH
    9595 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The Map is Awful.

QFTT
  • crapjon
    160 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Fjell is there for leveling up MMGs :p
  • oXGeminiXo
    355 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I actually like this map for not just infantry but also air combat. I actually think that all classes can be effective on this map. But this is my personal opinion.
  • G-Gnu
    1527 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    oXGeminiXo wrote: »
    I actually like this map for not just infantry but also air combat. I actually think that all classes can be effective on this map. But this is my personal opinion.

Yeah but Air should not be in that map, half of the awfulness in this map is the vicinity of air.
    If it where inf only then maybe it would be somewhat enjoyable.
  • MrCamp121
    1168 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I like fjell. Now aerodumb...cant stand that atrocity
  • Dr_X2345
    774 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The planes can get a little annoying at times, but again I often don't notice them that much because people on both sides take to the air at the first chance they get and engage each other whilst us infantry players get on with it down below.
    I actually quite enjoy the infantry gameplay of Fjell. Unless you're up against a well-organised team, you can often leave a few squads to throw themselves at a meat-grinder corridor and flank around to take out the enemies guarding that passageway. There's quite a good mix of close-quarters and longer distance combat. Only thing I would say is that it could do with some more solid, unbreakable cover on the more built up objectives, especially with bombers being present, as often by halfway through the match the C point is completely levelled by bombs and other explosives.
  • BSPlissken
    119 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    EA/Dice Really should have more city maps and an actual FORREST map. Those would be cool af.