Weekly Debrief

BFV Vehicle Stats ***WIP***

13»

Comments

• WinterWarhurst
    1319 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    rainkloud wrote: »
    Valentine_AA_40mm_CASE_Firing.txt
    ReloadTime 0.75 -> 1.0

Only change I can find to Valentine Case round

More to come

I mean the case round on the regular 2-pounder Valentine medium tank, also potentially the Pz. IV.

I have heard others complain about the case round.

I can’t find the most recent files, seems on bfdata. website only the last patch is available

Nothing on case rounds for any faction/vehicle besides that one. They may have changed a material modifier but I doubt it. What is the complaint about them?

I have been noticing far more hits for 50 damage (I believe there are 16 bullets fired by the one round and they do 50/ 34 max/min damage, so you need at least two to connect for the kill).

Also now that they’ve buffed the AA against air big time the whole infinite reload exploit is so broken, people can just load up thousands and thousands of rounds and dominate the skies (and ground!).
  • DukeSan27
    1163 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ReloadTime 0.75 -> 1.0

More to come

I mean the case round on the regular 2-pounder Valentine medium tank, also potentially the Pz. IV.

I can’t find the most recent files, seems on bfdata. website only the last patch is available

Nothing on case rounds for any faction/vehicle besides that one. They may have changed a material modifier but I doubt it. What is the complaint about them?

I have been noticing far more hits for 50 damage (I believe there are 16 bullets fired by the one round and they do 50/ 34 max/min damage, so you need at least two to connect for the kill).

Also now that they’ve buffed the AA against air big time the whole infinite reload exploit is so broken, people can just load up thousands and thousands of rounds and dominate the skies (and ground!).

Isn't the infinite reload exploit fixed now?
  • WinterWarhurst
    1319 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DukeSan27 wrote: »
    ReloadTime 0.75 -> 1.0

More to come

Nope... The patch notes suggested it would be fixed, but it still works as before for me!
  • rainkloud
    548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DukeSan27 wrote: »
    ReloadTime 0.75 -> 1.0

More to come

Nope... The patch notes suggested it would be fixed, but it still works as before for me!

Yeah same here. Can still infinitely reload.

The way the patch notes read it made it sound like it was a different bug they were addressing because it said something about skipping reloads.
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Good thread
  • rainkloud
    548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Good thread

Thanks and just to let everyone know the stats haven't been updated for the last two patches but I am going to get them all updated this weekend.
  • rainkloud
    Actually I think I'm all updated. Wasn't as much work as I anticipated.

So I think I figured out what happened with the MAA. Lot's of complaints of it being OP since last patch. Originally wrote them off as people not realizing that the proximity fuse was broken in patch before last and was fixed in this patch so performance was dramatically improved. But I changed my mind after seeing the GER quad AA shred bombers at full health. Patch notes said that low ROF AA weapons would be stronger against bombers but this was clearly not the case.

Investigated the game files and here is what I suspect happened:

Dev looked at list of AA weapons, came up with formula and implemented it across the board. The problem is that the Wirbelwind is equipped with two of these:

WWIND_FLAK38_AA_Firing.txt

Each one of these is a pair of cannons so 2x2 = 4 cannons in game.

If you look at the damage adjustments made to the blast damage on the MAA weapons you see that the other 3 got their blast damage reduced. WWIND_FLAK38_AA_Firing.txt is the ONLY one to get a buff. Now the buff was only 1 damage point but when you see that the adjustments were 20-80% lower on the other weapons you can see that something is awry.

What happened is the WWIND_FLAK38_AA_Firing.txt got balanced as one four cannon weapon instead of two dual cannon weapons. Or in other words, blast damage should be half of what it is now.

Now you might ask why the same error didn't happen on the 3x 20mm GBR Valentine. The reason is that on that vehicle each cannon is its own weapon:

Valentine_AA_20mm_Firing
    Valentine_AA_20mm_Firing_Barrel2
    Valentine_AA_20mm_Firing_Barrel3

So when the dev is looking at their weapon files list they already know what they are balancing for.