Snipers ARE overpowered

Comments

• OldSkoolzFinest
    471 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    The Sniper class is OP..........at being useless.
    I'm tired of them being on my team sitting back on the farthest edge of the map unsuccessfully plucking away at the enemy to only sit at the bottom of the leaderboards with a few kills and more than double that in deaths.
    The worst part is most of them don't even use the most beneficial kit in their arsenal..............the Damn Binoculars!!! That piece of gear is so damn useful and they hardly use it.

Hate to break the news of reality to you, as well as some others on these boards, but there are useless players of every class on pretty much every team. Regardless of what mode you're playing, half or more of any given team are gonna be filled with a myriad of worthless players who are playing all classes, even using vehicles.

No **** sherlock, thanks for stating the obvious captain save a hoe.
    The only thing is, this thread isn't about other classes.........
    Here's some chapstick for those **** sucking lips LoqTROLL so you can invade someone else's thread and tell them how much everything is perfect for you so they must be wrong.........even though they provided proof.
    You're lame AF.

Dude this is seriously ridiculous and probably should be removed.

He or she' or both is seriously ridiculous with how this person invades every thread of someone having legitimate issues and posting responses that have been proven wrong by video proof or confirmations by devs themselves........but since they're experience is flawless everyone else's complaints are false.

and you're right........it will most likely be removed but it needed to be said, this person is so full of themselves........
  • TectonicGuns
    298 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Let everyone on the other team play sniper. Ever try to PTO as recon against STG or Strum or KEV? not so easy... The recon rich team will loose 90% of the time. Their fault, not Dice's.
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm tired of them being on my team sitting back on the farthest edge of the map unsuccessfully plucking away at the enemy to only sit at the bottom of the leaderboards with a few kills and more than double that in deaths.
    The worst part is most of them don't even use the most beneficial kit in their arsenal..............the Damn Binoculars!!! That piece of gear is so damn useful and they hardly use it.

Hate to break the news of reality to you, as well as some others on these boards, but there are useless players of every class on pretty much every team. Regardless of what mode you're playing, half or more of any given team are gonna be filled with a myriad of worthless players who are playing all classes, even using vehicles.

Here's some chapstick for those **** sucking lips LoqTROLL so you can invade someone else's thread and tell them how much everything is perfect for you so they must be wrong.........even though they provided proof.
    You're lame AF.

He or she' or both is seriously ridiculous with how this person invades every thread of someone having legitimate issues and posting responses that have been proven wrong by video proof or confirmations by devs themselves........but since they're experience is flawless everyone else's complaints are false.

and you're right........it will most likely be removed but it needed to be said, this person is so full of themselves........

Ha
  • xeNizKing
    349 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    EA, do something about the overpowered snipers in this game. Literally the whole opposing team is sniping. That speaks for it self as proof of it. It's bad enough you got level 50 fighting basically newbies. This game is a joke.

if you think snipers are bad? try assult having sniper rifles.

it's f'n ridiculous.

Pretty much this. They bassically have a full arsenal of DMRs that work at nearly all ranges. Thats how broken they are right now.
  • xx_Dante2k_xx
    615 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Gforce81 wrote: »
    Kongo030 wrote: »
    Again from a casual noob's perspective who barely managed to grind to lvl 20: The lack of CQB abilities for the average joe makes flag play hard and increases the class grind. You're doomed to play very carefully, hide and seek mid range engagements either by flanking or being run over and shoot from behind.
    The scope glint prevents you from long range sniping as the average player isn't that fast to ADS kill and move away.

I think the players complaining about scouts got killed by top 20% players too often but don't ask to further ruin the experience for the other 80%.
    I’m one of these top 20% players (or its even top 10% recons), and I agree recon is underpowered! We need some serious buffs to both out bolt action rifles AND our SLRs!!!

But until then, I want to give you some tips on how to suffer less as a recon in this game!

Ok, here we go... There are mainly 4 weapons you should focus on using as a recon in BFV...

* ZH-29
    * Selbst 1906
    * Model 8
    * Krag-Jorgensen

ZH-29’playes best with specialization ”high velocity bullets”, extra magazine, higher accuracy and bipod! Then you put a 3x scrome scope on top of this!

Selbst 1906 played best with specialization ”high velocity bullets”, barrel bedding (high accuracy), lightened stock, and bipod! Then you put a 6x night owl scope on this!

With both these rifles and setup you can snipe, but the selbst 1906 will be stronger at longer range, it has less bullet drop and using the bipod you can take out targets at 500m range if needed (I done it many times).

The ZH-29 with 3x scope is stronger close to medium range, but at ranges up to 500m it can be used with bipod to kill targets as well, you just have higher bullet drop and need to adjust for it, as well as its harder to see targets at very long range with 3x scope (but it can be done, I sniped targets at 350-450m yesterday with the 3x several times)...

The model 8 plays best with specialization reduced recoil, faster reload, higher accuracy and better hipfire! This rifle is 2 hit kill only up to 60m and become a 3 hit kill (unless headshot) after that range! It should only be played at small maps like conquest Devestation or Rotterdam (or all other maps depending on gamemode)...

The Krag-Jorgensen is your nr 1 option if you want to snipe with OHK to the head potential! Its the best rifle for sniping at long range in this game!!! You play it with specialization like ”low drag rounds”, and bipod! On top of this you allways use a 6x scope!

Focus these 4 rifles only! You can of course play others, but I have played 223 hours and 41 min as a recon in BFV (my kd is 2.20 as recon and 2.25 overall), and this is my final thoughts after all this time! Soon (feb 28) we have a new rifle for recon coming (Ross mk3), so this list might change a little if that rifle turns out to be good, but I think it will suck! :disappointed:

Good luck to you!

I'd like to know why the Krag makes the list over the Kar98 good sir

I've taken down so many enemies with my Kar, I'm surprised I haven't been charged with vehicular manslaughter

I mainly use the Kar but the Krag is considered the best because it rivals the Kar in terms of muzzle velocity and low drag rounds, has 1 additional round per mag, and has significantly better control by default. Whereas the Kar takes a little effort to kill at range, the Krag is nearly point and shoot in some instances.

And the Krag sounds better. 😁
  • skins4ever21
    201 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

You're lame AF.

It's fine to disagree or take issue with certain things on here but things don't need to get to that level. Just not a good look man.
  • Sixclicks
    5073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've never really known Loqtrall to be like that in all my time on these forums. We have some differing opinions on some things, but his posts usually seem pretty well thought out to me.
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    I've never really known Loqtrall to be like that in all my time on these forums. We have some differing opinions on some things, but his posts usually seem pretty well thought out to me.

I struck a nerve or something. Who knows.
  • WhiteRabbit_swe
    619 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Again from a casual noob's perspective who barely managed to grind to lvl 20: The lack of CQB abilities for the average joe makes flag play hard and increases the class grind. You're doomed to play very carefully, hide and seek mid range engagements either by flanking or being run over and shoot from behind.
    The scope glint prevents you from long range sniping as the average player isn't that fast to ADS kill and move away.

I think the players complaining about scouts got killed by top 20% players too often but don't ask to further ruin the experience for the other 80%.
    I’m one of these top 20% players (or its even top 10% recons), and I agree recon is underpowered! We need some serious buffs to both out bolt action rifles AND our SLRs!!!

But until then, I want to give you some tips on how to suffer less as a recon in this game!

Ok, here we go... There are mainly 4 weapons you should focus on using as a recon in BFV...

* ZH-29
    * Selbst 1906
    * Model 8
    * Krag-Jorgensen

ZH-29’playes best with specialization ”high velocity bullets”, extra magazine, higher accuracy and bipod! Then you put a 3x scrome scope on top of this!

Selbst 1906 played best with specialization ”high velocity bullets”, barrel bedding (high accuracy), lightened stock, and bipod! Then you put a 6x night owl scope on this!

With both these rifles and setup you can snipe, but the selbst 1906 will be stronger at longer range, it has less bullet drop and using the bipod you can take out targets at 500m range if needed (I done it many times).

The ZH-29 with 3x scope is stronger close to medium range, but at ranges up to 500m it can be used with bipod to kill targets as well, you just have higher bullet drop and need to adjust for it, as well as its harder to see targets at very long range with 3x scope (but it can be done, I sniped targets at 350-450m yesterday with the 3x several times)...

The model 8 plays best with specialization reduced recoil, faster reload, higher accuracy and better hipfire! This rifle is 2 hit kill only up to 60m and become a 3 hit kill (unless headshot) after that range! It should only be played at small maps like conquest Devestation or Rotterdam (or all other maps depending on gamemode)...

The Krag-Jorgensen is your nr 1 option if you want to snipe with OHK to the head potential! Its the best rifle for sniping at long range in this game!!! You play it with specialization like ”low drag rounds”, and bipod! On top of this you allways use a 6x scope!

Focus these 4 rifles only! You can of course play others, but I have played 223 hours and 41 min as a recon in BFV (my kd is 2.20 as recon and 2.25 overall), and this is my final thoughts after all this time! Soon (feb 28) we have a new rifle for recon coming (Ross mk3), so this list might change a little if that rifle turns out to be good, but I think it will suck! :disappointed:

Good luck to you!

Why would you take the model 8 over the RSC ?
    Because you can get it with enhanced grips (better hipfire), without having to sacrifice ”quick reload” and ”barrel bedding” (improved accuracy)... Also even when spec the same (with recoil buffer), the model 8 still has less recoil then the RSC (even if it looks the same in game loadout)... I tested it...

Also, the model 8s 6x scope sight in so much better then the RSC 6x scope...

Oh, I almost forgot, The model 8 has a bullet velocity of 660 m/s while the RSC is 630 m/s, sure its small difference, but still!!!

Thats why!
  • WhiteRabbit_swe
    y_j_es_i wrote: »
    I'm a bad sniper so can't really judge but I don't see the benefit of playing the K98 over the Selbstlader. I can double tap with the Selbstlader and it always takes longer to cycle with the K98.
    I really expected more one shot kills with the K98.
    The selbst 1906 have huge recoil as well (even if you upgrade it), and double tap is therefore easier at closer range (unless bipod), also the selbst 1906 and ZH-29 suffer alot from bullet drag (slowing your bullet down at longer range), while the Kar98 has low drag bullets option... Therefore the Kar98 is better at longer range (if your aim is good), and the selbst 1906 better at ranges up to 250m...

The Krag-Jorgensen best both of these rifles if you good a good aim tho, the Krag is a beast in the right hands, but obviously need higher ROF considering how low damage it does... A ROF of 75 would suit the Krag-Jorgensen rifle well!

So the only bolt-action that you’ve requested a buff to is the best one there is and it’s not even the top level unlock?
    All bolt action rifles need a buff in some way, but the Krag-Jorgensen does very low damage of 55, so if to buff it, I would say give it higher ROF rather then damage...

The Lee-Enfield only need a bullet velocity speed buff, and the upgraded ROF I would buff to 90...

The Kar98 need to do more damage (75), and have its recoil lowered...

The Gewehr m95/30 need to get a bullet velocity buff as well (I would say around 700 would be enough)...

You have to buff every bolt action rifle individually, they need to be different from each other, with different strenght of their own...
  • WhiteRabbit_swe
    GP-Caliber wrote: »

* ZH-29
    * Selbst 1906
    * Model 8
    * Krag-Jorgensen

Good luck to you!

I've taken down so many enemies with my Kar, I'm surprised I haven't been charged with vehicular manslaughter

because it has an extra round and faster rate of fire. its more suitable for aggressive sniping.
    Yes, but not only that! The Krag-Jorgensen also have very fast reload and less recoil (its easier to stay on target) compared to the Kar98...

The Kar98 sucks! Krag-Jorgensen is better in everything except damage 55 Krag and 60 Kar98, and that 5 extra hit damage isnt that important really!
  • WhiteRabbit_swe

* ZH-29
    * Selbst 1906
    * Model 8
    * Krag-Jorgensen

Good luck to you!

See my post above...

Also, I have taken down lots and lots of snipers with my selbst 1906 (6x scope) and ZH-29 (3x scope) with bipods...

Also SLRs in this games behaves different when equipped with a bipod (and I mean when not beeing prone with it)...

Also a very funny thing I noticed... ZH-29 with a 3x scope behaves different then the ZH-29 with a 6x scope... The 6x scope is sitting lower on the rifle, while the 3x scope is placed higher, this seem to do a huge difference when aiming and hitting your targets... Its actually easier to hit targets with the 3x scope then the 6x scope... I suspect it is because of the placement if the actual scope, but I dunno, things works strange in this game...

The ZH-29 with 6x scope SUCKS, with but the 3x scope it becomes a monster (even at long range)... But be sure to spec it with high velocity bullets, or else it sucks... People going for quick aim in specialization dont know what theyre missing!
  • xx_Dante2k_xx
    615 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

* ZH-29
    * Selbst 1906
    * Model 8
    * Krag-Jorgensen

Good luck to you!

Why would you take the model 8 over the RSC ?
    Because you can get it with enhanced grips (better hipfire), without having to sacrifice ”quick reload” and ”barrel bedding” (improved accuracy)... Also even when spec the same (with recoil buffer), the model 8 still has less recoil then the RSC (even if it looks the same in game loadout)... I tested it...

Also, the model 8s 6x scope sight in so much better then the RSC 6x scope...

Oh, I almost forgot, The model 8 has a bullet velocity of 660 m/s while the RSC is 630 m/s, sure its small difference, but still!!!

Thats why!

Interesting, I asked because I have competed the mastery for the RSC and moved on to the Model 8, and although it felt like it had a little less recoil the one less bullet and reload was a killer.
    Hopefully I will like it more once I have the full upgrades.

• von_Campenstein
    6565 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Xephic_Za wrote: »
    Just limit recons to about 7 or 8 per team, so we don't see like 16 people sniping (which i have seen quite a few times, especially in Grand Ops/Breakthrough) because that's either really cancerous for the team on the receiving end or just down right useless if the people sniping can't aim for shizzle.

8 out of 32 or 25% is too high. Specially when they are as useless as a hole in the head.

...and there we have it again, overpowered yet useless at the same time, I wonder why DICE hasn't picked up on this and nerfboosted them yet.
  • Corrupt_be
    231 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 1
    Let everyone on the other team play sniper. Ever try to PTO as recon against STG or Strum or KEV? not so easy... The recon rich team will loose 90% of the time. Their fault, not Dice's.

Most of my recon kills are within 50 meters I recon. I tend to move in with the squad or teammates and hover slightly behind them picking off enemies left and right from annoying angles... and also the obvious counter sniping.

That's about as PTFO as it gets with a bolt action tbh.
  • VRtroper
    112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This happens every day in this game, Battlesniper V is now a reality :D :D :D :D :D

DyY1fKsW0AEnNwu.jpg:large
  • SirBobdk
    3933 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @VRtroper wrote
    This happens every day in this game, Battlesniper V is now a reality :D :D:disappointed:D :D :D
    ROFL
  • KyddThunder
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Let them play outside the objective area, they will never cap and they will never win...get a squad of medics lay down smoke rush into the objective , build sand bags and camp...and let them come in with their pistols and nade spams...PTFO4LIFE
  • LordWorgull
    37 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2
    If you get sniped by a hole team.....medics can lay down massive smokescreens -> makes snipers almost useless.

Try not to play solo. Try teamplay instead.

The only good or annoying thing about snipers are the mobile spawnbeacons. If every squad just had ONE "pathfinder" recon your warfare would be pushed to an awesome level.

As an offensive attacker the recon is.... a bit.... les powerfull than an assault. If you use the recon as an gadget to get a mobility boost and be instantly where you need manpower...priceless.

But as long as 90% are playing BFV like it is a singeplayer EGO shooter we will see such posts.
  • StormSaxon
    565 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    A class limit of support provided it applied to every class.
    No more than 25% of any force.
    Could even go as far no squad can have more than 2 of any class.

But singling out snipers is laughable. Assault is the problem in this game.