Videoproof! Ridiculous AA - Watch video after patch

Comments

• Doomsayer08
    141 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    No pitty here. Now pilots will actually have something to be afraid of.
  • Skepticus66
    97 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 31
    Wait, you actually flew into AAA and complain about it being too strong? BAHAHAHAHA! How about not taking on AA with a fighter and leave it to the bombers? This is like a Medic complaining a tank killed him.
  • Astr0damus
    2534 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yes, but then there is this other thread: "Infantry too powerful against tanks" so I say, don't worry ol' chap, that AA tank will be taken out any second now.
  • Redstripe101
    2201 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    Yes, but then there is this other thread: "Infantry too powerful against tanks" so I say, don't worry ol' chap, that AA tank will be taken out any second now.

nobody is using the MAA as a tank role, its in spawn. nobody can get close but a plane
  • Holyshogun
    128 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member

Yep there's nothing quite like unloading your rockets on a tank and them instantly reloading 3 piat from a support ammo box and then 3 more from a resupply depot. Right now they do more damage to tanks than the PZF itself.

On the other hand... there is currently a way to overload your total ammo on either team's MAA truck to max 999, so that does the trick. No need to resupply ever again :) Farm enough ants and DICE will hopefully notice it after their outcry haha
  • Loki_Deezie
    867 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 1
    Why did this turn into stat bashing?

Children these days.

Back on point. MAA only needs more drop off damage past 100m. Otherwise I think they are fine, maybe faster overheat and definitely need to reduce damage to infantry.
  • snavelaer
    842 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Only thing you need to learn as a pilot is a rolling scissor.
    Good luck as an AA operator tracking that.

I played yesterday on Arras. Taken out by an AA. Or are we talking MAA?
    I pushed that AA deliberate to try it out. Powerfull yeah.
    I guess you can kill a noob flying to close to the AA flying straight.

• snavelaer
    842 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Oh yeah this is a perfect example.

For example in a singleplayer campaign mission you could learn to pull off a rolling scissor.
    Use singleplayer to educate players to use the vehicles.
    For noobs but also more advanced stuff like rolling scissors.

What is basically dead easy.

Toedoeloe <3

• XEN_wunderwaffle
    284 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

nobody is using the MAA as a tank role, its in spawn. nobody can get close but a plane

I push up as far as mid if we've got the flags for it. Anywhere there's a depot you can setup shop.

It's actually nice as from say between D and G on Twisted Steel you can farm their planes pretty much as soon as they spawn. Absolutely hilarious as spawnraping the German air was what all the spitfire kids were doing a patch ago but now it's apparently bad.

The worst that can happen is a Valentine or PIAT death squad rolls along, and you just spawn another AA in two minutes.

Also if you're gonna play aggressively, smoke shells are actually nice for blinding other armor so they can't fight back at you. Flaming onion is lulzy but unnecessary to melt fighters as long as they're close enough to you.
  • wiazabi
    401 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 1
    I have not really experienced aa destroying me instantly when flying after buff but have tried to destroy planes very quick using the stationary aa turrets.

I am not sure how i feel about mobile aa yet but 1 problem i see is that they are hard to take out even for a tank you need to land 4-5 shots, which comes to a problem with the other tanks as they are not reliable in dealing damage i have straight out dropped going for pierce shots as they bug out to often and only deal 5 pierce damage with no follow up and extra long reload time so yeah either way a aa tank can just move away.

Then you have bomber planes 500 kg x2 or 1x 1000 kg to take out aa tank which in itself can be extremely hard to spot until it shots but not impossible and still require the bomber to make a direct hit, these bombs can also for whatever reason be deflected.

DICE add em to test range please.
  • blarrgy
    89 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Pilots are ridiculous babies, go play war thunder
  • Holyshogun
    128 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited February 1
    blarrgy wrote: »
    Pilots are ridiculous babies, go play war thunder

I prefer to sit in my MAA with overloaded ammo to 999 and one shot crying infantery ants with case shells :) So much salt specially on Aerodrome just love it. Who even has time to reload with so much cannon fodder running around?

If you dont like it, switch to Team deathmatch or domination mode. Go play COD
  • WFPK-Foxhound
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I will just drop this here:

jOJXzNh.png
  • blarrgy
    89 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Go play another game, either accept that you wont simply be allowed to strafe or bomb ground targets over and over with impunity or go play an air to air combat game. Because that's really what you want right? To be able to dogfight without attacking ground targets and not having to deal with AA? Right? ..lol.
  • rainkloud
    527 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah this is a good video. From it we can see that ttk for the quad cannons against fighters is a bit too fast but against bombers its way too fast. The patch notes say:
    shots that are closer to the target do more damage than shots that are further from the target. This is especially
    obvious when planes are flying directly at or away from an AA, with higher damage for flying
    at an AA and lower when trying to escape an AA. We have adjusted damage values on all AA
    guns to compensate for this improvement, and the different kinds of AA guns should now be
    clearer choices. Fast-firing AA is now better against highly maneuverable, small targets like
    fighters. Slow-firing AA is now better against larger targets like bombers.

But it is clear that the quad cannon (which would be considered a high ROF type weapon) is too effective against bombers such that it has no trouble taking them down. I haven't seen the performance on the other weapons yet but I suspect that the other AA cannons do not outperform the quads when it comes to taking down bombers. If that is the case then I have a theory:

In the game files the Quad cannons are treated as one cannon type that is a pair of guns. Then the Wirbelwind is given 2 of these weapons (they are called damage givers in the files). Two weapons with two barrels each = 4 which is what we see in game. Here's where I think the trouble comes in. I believe they balanced the damage around it being one weapon instead of the two. So if my theory is right then the quad cannon is twice as effective as it should be right now.

I need your help though. All the videos I have seen have been about the quad cannon AA. Can someone provide feedback and tell me if the other cannons are performing just as well? Obviously they will perform better than they did the last patch since that one broke the proximity damage but what I'm trying to do is figure out if there is a big performance difference between the quad and the other 3 MAA options.
  • Woodlbrad
    372 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Don't fly so high even if it had lower dmg you'd still be dead his aim was on point.
  • Zipeh
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    We need to stop talking about AA as if all AA is the same .. it is most clearly NOT all the same.
  • GrimeySix
    133 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TBH, I'm kind of amazed to see someone using the Flakpanzer to actually shoot down planes instead of picking off infantry in transition to an objective.

I never really play as pilot or Flakpanzer, but the stationary AA I can confirm is still super weak sauce.
  • rainkloud
    527 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I need your help forumers. All the videos I have seen have been about the quad cannon AA. Can someone provide feedback and tell me if the other cannons are performing just as well? Obviously they will perform better than they did the last patch since that one broke the proximity damage but what I'm trying to do is figure out if there is a big performance difference between the quad and the other 3 MAA options.
  • GrimeySix
    133 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    rainkloud wrote: »
    I need your help forumers. All the videos I have seen have been about the quad cannon AA. Can someone provide feedback and tell me if the other cannons are performing just as well? Obviously they will perform better than they did the last patch since that one broke the proximity damage but what I'm trying to do is figure out if there is a big performance difference between the quad and the other 3 MAA options.

I'll hop on the stationary often and I can tell you it works nothing like what's going on in the video. For one the ROF is not even close, but it doesn't seem the damage is either. I've downed maybe one or two planes ever in BFV using the stationary AA and both times they were being pressured by fighters in the air. Last night, the one I downed already had both wings clipped and was taking fire from me on the ground and the dogfight above.