Weekly Debrief

Little early but Battlefield 6 vietnam ??

Comments

• skippylarue
    1004 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    As many have suggested, a Cold-War era Battlefield game would be a great setting. Specifically, the 60's and 70's. A lot of fairly iconic weapons came into being in that time period. It would satisfy a lot of people who want a modern Battlefield title, and would allow for nearly any setting which is something BF:Vietnam would not.

• warslag
    1456 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    #BattleCoD6 the prequel sequel remake world war 4 all over again
  • B4ckdoorAssassin
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    gibonez wrote: »
    BiscoMix07 wrote: »
    God no, I hope they return to modern.

Not going to happen. You will not see any modern EA shooters atleast any time soon.

What do you mean by any time soon? As in the next game in the series won't be modern or that a new game won't be coming out for years?
  • HawkeyeAM47
    1353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The futureistic setting of Battlefield was Battlefront
    ALso, The Next battlefield should be set in the cold war era, spanning from the 50's to the 80's . Why so long? Its simple, implement, battles from Korean war (Never been done in a FPS game) , tgen you have Nam, you have Rhodesia, South American Drug wars(Yes US was involved in conflicta in SOuth AMerica) Then yiu have the bay of pigs, Plenty African conflicts, then you have the Iraq war of 1989-1991, then tge most important, the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan. The weapons and gadgets of the era, arent to crazy like Battlefield 4
  • DCSTomcat
    1055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DCSTomcat wrote: »
    ackers75 wrote: »
    A more futuristic setting would be nice like 2142
    Only if they bring back Titan mode otherwise no.

Modern and Vietnam, really isn't much different, both have jets, and helis, but Nam has better music.

It's ridiculous how much the music added to Vietnam lol. It made a good game great.
    Yeah, being able to turn on radio and select from a list music tracks to listen to in any vehicles was one of the things I really liked in BF Vietnam 2004.
  • Tovarisch_Maxim
    134 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Not sure what would be epic about vietnam. You're literaly limited to only one country for maps, and most of the maps will be jungles jungles and jungles. I also vote for Modern warfare since it opens up for a great variety of maps with their own setting.
  • gibonez
    296 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    gibonez wrote: »
    God no, I hope they return to modern.

Not going to happen. You will not see any modern EA shooters atleast any time soon.

What do you mean by any time soon? As in the next game in the series won't be modern or that a new game won't be coming out for years?

Meaning EA wants to avoid having to license modern firearms, vehicles etc due to previously losing lawsuits and having to pay the companies unknown sums of money.
  • CRAZY_EVAN1
    168 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    battlefield: war on terrorism. oh, it is gaming gold. let me know when you want my bank account number for deposit.
  • BSPlissken
    119 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    IMO, if EA lost the Starwars BF IP (Because they are killing any SW game that any of their devs make) I think it would give them a good push to remake BF2142 or maybe hybridize BF perhaps with some NPCs like in Battlefront (original) to make bigger and grander battles.

I think that would be really amazing to see 64 players and 64-128 NPCs in larger maps. Constant shooting, tank fights and air combat. Really put the scale of combat into a game.
  • RevolverOcelot14
    70 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bad Company prequel set in Vietnam; Best idea ever
  • CptDuffy
    122 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Fairly certain anything but modern would wreck the franchise and DICE knows that.

No mate it wouldn’t and I don’t think they do.
  • CptDuffy
    122 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I’d be keen for the Cold War iteration as it’s been said it covers many wars and many locations. That could be a game that if done right would benefit from a live service
  • alienstout
    680 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bad Company prequel set in Vietnam; Best idea ever

Dare I say... Korea!
  • most_strangerous
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ALso, The Next battlefield should be set in the cold war era, spanning from the 50's to the 80's . Why so long? Its simple, implement, battles from Korean war (Never been done in a FPS game) , tgen you have Nam, you have Rhodesia, South American Drug wars(Yes US was involved in conflicta in SOuth AMerica) Then yiu have the bay of pigs, Plenty African conflicts, then you have the Iraq war of 1989-1991, then tge most important, the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan. The weapons and gadgets of the era, arent to crazy like Battlefield 4

Wake up, what absolute pure uncontaminated rubbish
  • HawkeyeAM47
    1353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Wake up, what absolute pure uncontaminated rubbish

What? How is that rubbish!?
    Dude the world was at war, with tons of Mercanaries, and covert operations against the USSR, you had Vietnam, Korea, Rhodesia/South Africa, Cuban Missle crissis/Bay Of Pigs, South America/ Panama/Columbia, and the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan.
    Cod Black Ops 1 covered alot if the Cold war, and people loved it, we need more of that cold war era, and the stories from the time as the reflect alot of our world today
  • WhiskySanchez
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'll poop my pants in protest if BF6 is another trash period piece..... No Vietman, no Korea, no Battle of 1812..... MODERN.
  • HawkeyeAM47
    I'll poop my pants in protest if BF6 is another trash period piece..... No Vietman, no Korea, no Battle of 1812..... MODERN.

At this point it probably will be a futuristic, modern type game.
    But, I feel a cold war gane would be amazing, its modern, but not to crazg with technology like todays soldiers, but not to far behind like soldiers from WW2 either.
    Have and wait and see
  • Gendonz36
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just make battlefield 4 with modern engine and graphic pls :(
  • ENKkii87
    200 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Let's have BF BC

Cavemen tribe wars. Imagine the plethora of content! There'd be loads I promise.
  • ENKkii87
    200 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Gendonz36 wrote: »
    Just make battlefield 4 with modern engine and graphic pls :(

Yep.

Downloaded it again and still loads of people playing 6 years on.