Discussion & Feedback - Battlefield V Chapter 2: Lightning Strikes Update #2

Comments

• Robothamster
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Death animation/ kill cam / bleed out timer fixes are much better now, please don't tinker with them further.

I still can't get the Bipod on my Lewis Gun to deploy though. Screen prompt tells you to 'hold O' but that just makes you prone/stand - and the bipod never deploys when I'm prone. Am I doing something wrong here?
  • Loqtrall
    12468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2019
    DICE: Hey community, we released a new update, use this thread to discuss what you think of the changes!

Community: But why didn't you fix *insert issue I care about most*

Ah, the forum community. And we wonder why the devs don't waste thier time answering questions here.
  • RightWngXtremist
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    DICE: Hey community, we released a new update, use this thread to discuss what you think of the changes!

Ah, the forum community. And we wonder why the devs don't waste thier time answering questions here.

We got a winner here everyone.....

It's not "but why didn't you fix xyz issue"

It's "why are you fixing things at the bottom of the list and not remedy the True GLARING faults staring you in the face that THOUSANDS of players have complained about."

I'll tell you what I do like about bf5 though, it's rekindled my love of bf4! My God if you haven't played in a while drop this sack of crap and go try that again..hardcore mode my God what a breath of fresh air.
  • Loqtrall
    12468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2019

We got a winner here everyone.....

It's not "but why didn't you fix xyz issue"

It's "why are you fixing things at the bottom of the list and not remedy the True GLARING faults staring you in the face that THOUSANDS of players have complained about."

And that logic is stuck behind the false notion that DICE are like 5 people in a studio all working on the same issues at once.

Sorry, but the guy who put a horn on the universal carrier probably isn't the same dev currently working on netcode issues, infinite loading screens, weapon balance, etc. Not every dev is working on the same issue, and not every issue is just an easy fix apparently.

In saying that, it is essentially "but why didn't you fix xyz issue".
  • Loqtrall

Because they are just bad at what they do, and cherry pick what to reply to. Blackscreens have been around since BF1, making the game unplayable at intervals that require dashboarding. I dont care if they respond honestly, I think the 2nd most bought game to 14th most played im the same month is response enough lol. Hope they update resumes

Sure thing, buddy.
  • Cpt_Blitz_26
    294 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2019
    I've seen regular improvement with each coming patch.

They are addressing the issues as fast as they can. They are not super humans able to predict every bug that could arise from different changes... debugging is difficult guys.

I say we need to have a little patience and continue to provide constructive feedback with encouragement.

Right now this community sounds like a bunch of entitled 12 year olds screaming at their monitors, slamming their hands on their keyboards...

Let's be patient and enjoy the good changes as they come in. I think the last patch was great to be honest. Fixed most of my biggest issues.

Keep up the good work DICE, I know it may not seem like it in the way they react, but everyone wants a better game like you, we all have the same goal in mind.
  • RazBluetawn
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I play on Xbox One and when aim assist is enabled, it is applied to high magnification optics (eg 3x, 6x scopes) and there have been plenty of instances where I have been killed/failed to kill and enemy because while tracking a target, the aim assist messes up who I am aiming at. It is hard to track a single target when scoped in because the aim assist automatically tracks targets that may run in front of my current target. Is there any way to add in an option to disable aim assist for scopes/optics? And the aim assist for scopes makes sniping feel less skill based as well. Thanks!
  • Talonhawkes
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    HI ..
    I am loving Battlefield 5 and enjoy most improvements to this game in each additional patch . I do still get stuck in many places or have to try and jump or vault over things several times . Still not as smooth and I would like but I see some improvement . I have been reading many of the posts and I would like to just suggest a compromise . Some complaints are being made about splash damage for Tanks . I have a tendency to believe that it is a bit weak . My suggestion would be to add a smidgen more splash damage to the tanks but you DO NOT nerf the assault class and their ability to defend against the tanks . I have encountered a tank and a team of 2 maybe 3 infantry supporting said tank and they where tearing everything up ... that's the way I think it should be . squad based teamwork . But I also believe we need assault at the level they are to keep the tanks from just driving back and forth from one flag to the other with no repercussions at all and just repairing out of the problem . ( much like the planes not having much of a challenge from the ground.... up until this last patch ) (I've tried several times to hit a plane with my bazooka and what a waste of time that is ). Most of the time its not just one assault guy doing the damage to a tank . I look at it this way ... If there is a tank we have to go after it or it is just going to keep taking objectives if we run from it . I would also like to suggest that grenades get more splash damage and the ability to cook them would be nice .... right now the timer on a grenade is laughable the maltoff cocktail is far better because if it lands next to them , chances are they will die or receive significant damage rather than just move away from the grenade . And the anti personnel recon uses are to weak you need to drop 2 in order to get a kill with it .. using 1 is not an option if your just going to wound the enemy and he can just health pack out of it anyway whats the point ... anyway my thoughts .... great game loving it ... these are just my thoughts .... hope to see everyone on the battlefield .... oh need more MAPS >>>>lol
  • DeadAgain210
    207 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2019
    My top three complaints.

#3. Can't select "new assignments" durning game play. Why is it fun to leave a game, select new assignment, wait in que. Kick some poor soul/player outta the squad, no fault to him. Just for squad member to get back into the game? Not professional.

#2 barbed wire. Sometimes are engineers get carried away. When I'm trying to revive someone or get the hell outta dodge, because i can't dodge bullets or incoming shells. I can't get through due to over zealous builders. Not their fault. But how are we suppose to know which sectors are closed. Solution: whom ever builds that barbed wire. (Allies or Axis) that team can go through it. Without disturbing that players hard work.

My number #1 complaint. Picking up someone's weapon durning a revive, or reloading before a revive. Or standing just perfect to revive someone when they are on rock, stairs, etc...this gets me killed more than I like. If I make it outta that cunundrum I then have to run around with a gun, I'm not use to. I don't mind running with new guns, it's a treat. The time it takes to revive is terrible due to picking up weapons and switching guns around. Sometimes this is a game of seconds.

I apologize if these issues have been mention before.
  • Datimio
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dice seem to love Infantry players more. Flying is a complete joke now. An AA can take your fighter out without even having to turn his turret (Where TF is the skill involved in that), thats how fast planes go down. But skilled pilots still cant do ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ to MAA. I'm not even bothered to log in to this CoD game anymore.
  • RorDie8995
    33 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    So I just finished testing out the game,and didn't notice it at first cause I didn't play with snipers at all...but today I notice sound bugging out when you reload sniper rifle called Krag.... It's either gone totally or delayed for like 1 min..
    From that point I had several sound bugs when engine of the vehicle is not heard at all...just sound of his shooting and his tracks when they are damaged nothing else....
    Also mainly on panzerstorm,but on other maps too no matter the settings I put in game the ground just forgets to load...also seenable on soldier uniforms and etc....
    For me personally started to really mess with my mind a bit since you can't hear the reload animation,or tank coming in or plane or v1 rocket too....However I tried to switch to DX12 and those bugs are gone...
    But I can't play on DX12 cause game stutters a lot and I have big amount of fps drops....
    For this I thought that something might be wrong with my pc,but actually there is nothing that could potentially cause the problem....
    Reinstalled all drivers,fresh win installation and etc...also I am a tech guy so went deep to find problem and there is nothing wrong on my end...
    I know it maybe you didn't heard that before but it is really odd reason that game do that....
    Also I want to mention that I play from 30-60fps most of the time,and I played all BF titles like that and never had experience any sound bugs at all...just fps drops but that's due certain situations and that's it....
    Please try to look into this problem,cause many other people experienced it too.....I posted on reddit too some of the bugs so you can check them there to visualize experience of what am I saying....
    Thank you in front,

With regards,Shooter8995.
  • RevolverOcelot19
    85 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    EA Don't take good modes out #Battlefield.

Make 8vs8 CQ permanent!

Really let down by @EA_DICE because that. What kind of bs is removing such a good mode.

Make more 16/32 srvrs, they're less chaos, more challenge, more fun & need more skill & tactics. And add #RSP already so we can at least get our own 8vs8 / 12vs12 or other community friendly player counts!

@EA_DICE should do way more for the communities that kept Battlefield alive for so long. We need smaller servers so we can play community vs community!
  • ebah_104
    5 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I never got any company coin.. wtf
  • BradockMG
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bfv still freezing PCs in menu. :s
  • AssassinAgent47
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

As a tank guy , I've noticed an increase in getting killed instantly in the only place I can spawn a tank on which is usually home-spawn.

I played one game tonight where there were mines everywhere in home-spawn , right where the game spawns you in a tank.

It makes it hard to escape and maneuver when you spawn with 20 health , after you spammed heal and your tracks are disabled and you're limping to a heal center. The planes just makes another run at you.

• AssassinAgent47
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Datimio wrote: »
    Dice seem to love Infantry players more. Flying is a complete joke now. An AA can take your fighter out without even having to turn his turret (Where TF is the skill involved in that), thats how fast planes go down. But skilled pilots still cant do **** to MAA. I'm not even bothered to log in to this CoD game anymore.

You're not playing with the pilots I do.

As a tank main , planes right now are cancer to me.
  • larry_54235
    270 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    what is the weekly challenge for the new tank?
  • mpstealthace
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    When I was killed in break through i hit menu to check assignments but then was stuck in a out of focus muffled sound screen that appeared to be a menu screen without a menu and no way of exiting without restarting the game.