Wow.. breakthrough!!

Comments

• MBT_Layzan
    1438 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 1
    DCSTomcat wrote: »
    It's really fun in the air farming infantry kills on Narvik as Brits unopposed until the final sector.

Yea, I read tanks farm in that game mode to for easy pickings.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1458 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 1
    After playing Breakthrough last night if I never have to play it ever again I'll be quite happy.

In 3 hours play not one even game. Breakthrough should be renamed Steamthrough
  • Loki_Deezie
    867 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    God I hate breakthrough with a passion.

That is all
  • Jezzzeh
    753 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I wasn't a fan until I joined a group that plays a lot of it. Love it now.
  • 40PE
    70 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 1
    IMHO the problem is the people again.
    They don't know how to play this gamemode.

Squads many times spread out, not staying together.
    Medics are not bad in this game mode, but I had numerous times when squad mate didn't revive me even in safe situations, they don't notice I'm down and not too far from them (in cover, no enemy around).
    Recons... Just shooting from afar, while enemy -almost whistlingly- easy capping the flags.
    Assault don't focus on vehicles, those werecking havoc for minutes many many games I've experienced this.
    Looking at people from behind, just spend a few minutes... and you see they are -most of them, some exceptions apply of course- running arund like headless chickens. Shooting standing up on the road, no cover.

And the worse worse worse of all: People don't know what flanking means. If an enemy -squad or group- is at a location, they just start going forward, shooting and both sides just start to die off. I BARELY see any tactical movement. Only on rare occasions and mostly when the map design forces them to do so (like in Amsterdam with the many small streets, they try to get behind enemy lines to run through but on open areas, they just dont flank 80% of the time, they do full frontal combat).

One time when I got so pissed that my K/D was **** (playing medic, running around to rez, but of course no one covers you when you rez so youre an easy target- I swapped to sniper. Then moved out to the side of the flag, and voila, I had like 5-10 kills in a minute. I was almost alone at flank, not far from the enemy flag.

People don't know how to play BF and this is the biggest fail of the franchise. They play close quarters style and CODding.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1458 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    People don't know how to play BF? Very superior of you to say so. I would say that Breakthrough isn't even close to being anything like the original BF Conquest, so you know how to play BF then?

I think you're seeing a lot of newbie Breakthrough players so it takes time to get accustomed to it.
  • Radious1987
    511 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    All maps are absolutely not fitting for 64 players. 32-40max. Makes this mode total trash with so many players on tiny areas.

This is probably heaven for metro/locker fans.....
  • BL4CKOUT30
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I absolutely hate this game mode and its the 2nd TOW that I'm skipping, I wish they would make them all adaptable for any game mode instead it forces players to play what they don't WANT.
  • Jezzzeh
    753 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BL4CKOUT30 wrote: »
    I absolutely hate this game mode and its the 2nd TOW that I'm skipping, I wish they would make them all adaptable for any game mode instead it forces players to play what they don't WANT.

Or another way of looking at it...

It caters to those fans of the mode maybe? I know this doesn't invalidate your feeling but still..
  • CaptHotah
    1072 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Its ****. Like all the rest of the game modes that forces 64 players to fight over 1 or 2 objectives. Complete chaos, zero strategy.
  • DrunkOnRedWine

I respect that, I'm struggling with it but the XP is helping me get towards getting Double Down and Baron Von Zorn - I know these are just cosmetic outfits but still.... yes silly playing something I don't like to attain something superficial.
  • JediMastaWyn
    463 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 1
    It's basically a stripped down version of Operations.
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2027 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I love Frontlines, so in theory Breakthrough should be right up my alley. However, it's just too messy and chaotic due to the high player count/density and constant explosives spam. Shock Ops and 40 player Ops in BF1 seemed to hit the sweet spot, so I wish DICE would rework and rebalance Breakthrough in that formula.

The vast majority of my matches yesterday were exceedingly imbalanced, either full on attacker stomps or complete attacker failures. Maybe 2 out of 10 matches were able to hold interest regarding the outcome, but those were quite thrilling.
  • FantaPantz
    101 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Breakthrough has some serious balance issues. Some points are impossible to defend against the horde or sometimes it seems to be impossible to gain all objectives. Very poorly designed to have all those players focused on one, two or three objectives at a time and that's it. Too small of an area for the amount of players most of the time. Not a very good game mode in my opinion
  • ElliotLH
    8208 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    MBT_Layzan wrote: »
    DCSTomcat wrote: »
    It's really fun in the air farming infantry kills on Narvik as Brits unopposed until the final sector.

Yea, I read tanks farm in that game mode to for easy pickings.

Can confirm. In fact I did that last night until the last sector.
  • BL4CKOUT30
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Jezzzeh wrote: »

Or another way of looking at it...

It caters to those fans of the mode maybe? I know this doesn't invalidate your feeling but still..

Your right!
  • olavafar
    1942 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I think it is OK but I think they should remove the V1 from it. Last objective is often just one zone and since we are at the end, those V1 will be poring down on that area and it becomes quite ridiculous to be honest. You basically win by NOT being in cap zone and wait to enter until the V1 spam is over. Since the queue up for launching it is somewhat random, it brings an unwelcome random element into the mode.
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2027 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    olavafar wrote: »
    I think it is OK but I think they should remove the V1 from it. Last objective is often just one zone and since we are at the end, those V1 will be poring down on that area and it becomes quite ridiculous to be honest. You basically win by NOT being in cap zone and wait to enter until the V1 spam is over. Since the queue up for launching it is somewhat random, it brings an unwelcome random element into the mode.

True. I won yesterday attacking on Rotterdam by clutching the A flag with a 12 kill V-1. It did not feel earned.
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    791 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    olavafar wrote: »

It would be cool if they had a V1 counter that you could deploy for the same amount of Squad Points.
    Like a one time use flak gun.
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    791 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Breakthrough isn't a bad game though I quite like it. Medic's are invaluable when attacking. The smoke let's your team advance, fast revive and heal keeps the momentum going and once your at the objective it usually favours CQC so the Medic finally has a decent chance in a fire fight.

Imbalanced teams can be a nightmare, but seeing as I saw a 700-0 in Conquest the other night you could say that about any game mode.