AA is OP again. Dmg vs light aircraft is way too high.

Comments

• SirBobdk
    5318 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    MacaqueX wrote: »
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    good, spitfire scrubs were nigh invulnerable for too long, and gives them a counter in the big rock paper scissors thing (AA>Fighter>Bomber>AA).
    BS. you die in a split second by the MAA, Thats not balance. Thats only a vehicle for low skill noobs that have airfobia and should play cod.
    Wait and see if not pilot change to bombers. No fighters are no going to be fun for infantry

You also die instantly from OP splash damage from bombers that does nothing but flyby-s and every 30 seconds have almost v2 rocket power releasing carpet bombing on 1 out of 2 objectives. Remove bombers all together and nerf maa, or turn down splash damage from plane bombs to that of tanks than they can nerf maa and increase stationary aa damage for balancing.
    In bfv u couldn't even counter air vehicles from ground until now when they made ww2 maa into tunguska XD.
    The whole air needed a balance and now also the MAA.
    It is just so frustrating to see aircraft being useless and then OP and then the MAA being OP instead of just getting both planes and AA/MAA balanced.
    It's like driving in a roller coaster without the fun. I don't want OP or easy planes farming infantry and I don't want MAA farming planes. Both are wrong imo.
  • Thane_arg
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Valentine AA sucks hard against bombers. On the other side the Flakpanzer can shoot down bombers pretty well.
  • MBT_Layzan
    2462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TheSacar wrote: »
    MBT_Layzan wrote: »
    TheSacar wrote: »
    MBT_Layzan wrote: »
    Please don't go mental at me, I'm not saying mobile aa is fine or anything. My question, I'm often wiped out in my tank by one bomber run. I just expect this from good pilots, why is the fact mobile aa can do likewise to planes so wrong when planes can do this to tanks for example?

Two reasons: 1) The Flakpanzer now almost insta-kills fighters, a plane variant that cannot OHK a tank and 2) in a tank you can evade most bombing runs by moving a few meters away from the flight path of an incoming bomber and the bomber has to first find you on the ground and then come right to you to kill you. By comparison the Flakpanzer can kill you from several hundred meters away, planes are much easier to spot and avoding a Flakpanzer means staying away from half the map.

I know your in the sky but doesn't mobile aa have to find you to?, like maps on twisted steel I see planes use the tree lines to break vision. They also can evade by good flying for at least the flack cannon mobile aa. Also, the mobile aa has to keep an eye out for ground threats too which are many. I do know some camp at the homebase but then is that not just a case of staying clear of that area for most mobile aa.

As a tank, I'm often spotted while engaged by the ground forces, then a plane moves in to wipe me out on full health or finish me off because I took a hit from something. Even if I survive, they turn to make another run while I desperately try to fix up if ground enemy forces permit. Heavy tanks are also really slow to accelerate and decent bombers are getting really precise now on PC. They come many a time from nowhere and by the time you see the big bombs dropping it's over.

Using trees to break vision can work. The problem with that is that you don't have time for that once the Flakpanzer shoots you. And Of course you can't do anything while flying so low.
    Yes the mobile AA needs to find you to, but it just has to drive around in 3rd person view and wait for a dark spot to show up on the blue sky backdrop.
    I can't really comment on how effective bombers are against tanks or even against AA as I have stopped flying bombers after leveling them up and I rarely use tanks.

Yea that mobile aa is too fast and too strong.
  • SirBobdk
    5318 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @TheSacar wrote
    I can't really comment on how effective bombers are against tanks or even against AA as I have stopped flying bombers after leveling them up and I rarely use tanks.
    That's the fun part. The German Bombers are extremely effective against British vehicles especially the B1 1000 kg, but also the JU88 heavy bombs and they also have the best MAA.
  • MBT_Layzan
    2462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @TheSacar wrote
    That's the fun part. The German Bombers are extremely effective against British vehicles especially the B1 1000 kg, but also the JU88 heavy bombs and they also have the best MAA.

Yea I get wiped and there is nothing I can do when they are good with bombs in a tank, I try and use cover but that blast use nukes the area.
  • TheSacar
    1005 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    @TheSacar wrote

I just hate bombers. So terribly slow and so absurdly easy to get kills with (from what I remember back in November). Maybe if I get enough near instant deaths from the Flakpanzer to get me ticked of enough I might pick a bomber.
    Right now I alternate between flying fighters and farming infantry/AA gunners and abusing the OP Flakpanzer when I am on the German team. When I end up on the British team I will fly a Spit until I get shot down by a Flakpanzer once or twice, after which I admit I usually just leave the server.
  • SirBobdk
    @TheSacar wrote
    I just hate bombers. So terribly slow and so absurdly easy to get kills with
    Depends on the bomber. Both Stukas are fun to use and I do enjoy the Belheim with 50cal and spotting camera (Mostly because of team play since it light everything up for ground).
  • Crestfall4
    33 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Thane_arg wrote: »
    Valentine AA sucks hard against bombers. On the other side the Flakpanzer can shoot down bombers pretty well.

you need to aim it properly bruh, its ez
  • NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    What keeps on surprising me in BF V that it seems they really try to reinvent the wheel.

Vehicleplay and AA were a lot better in BF1, but also balancing and netcode were not prefect, but a lot better.

One way to solve a part of the issues is making vehicles usable on both sides, so no longer the need to balance things between faction, everyone can pick everything, just like with the weapons.

Maybe not "historical accurate" but BF V does not feel like WW2 at all, so we can skip that, like we have already done with the infantry weapons.
  • SirBobdk
    @NLBartmaN wrote
    One way to solve a part of the issues is making vehicles usable on both sides, so no longer the need to balance things between faction, everyone can pick everything, just like with the weapons.
    Almost agree.
    Keep the skins but balance the planes so they have same amount of bombs, same TTK and same physics / maneuverability across fractions/type of planes even same upgrade tree and split the fighters in dogfighter and fighter bomber. I like the fraction based skin. You could even make a britisk plane that match the Stuka. No need for historical accuracy like you say.
  • Sidorovich_IsGod
    168 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @XEN_wunderwaffle wrote
    Now all three can be killed effectively by one of the other. Balance
    I disagree.
    Try flying a fighter with the German flak panzer on ground. Like Arras or Twisted Steel.
    You get instant melted if you try to follow a bomber even if your not close to the MAA.
    Result is that Germans bombers can now fly without any serious counter. So say welcome to the return of the JU88.
    That's not balance.
    Literally just fly high

I tried a fighter yesterday and it was as boring as I remember but it wasn't hard to stay alive & shoot other planes.

Fly high, attack from above. I'm sure you fighter types already know this you're just crying that something other than another fighter (really, just another spitfire because the bf's were inferior) can actually kill you now. You're like snipers crying about the 3x scope

LOL fly high. MAA's reach past the sky ceiling, it doesn't matter.
  • Sidorovich_IsGod
    168 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Kinjishi99 wrote: »
    Flak are 100% legit against fighter you know

Stop posting this video this guy sucks ¯\_(ツ)_/¯..and MAA is the problem not stationary
  • TropicPoison
    2505 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Crestfall4 wrote: »
    Thane_arg wrote: »

you need to aim it properly bruh, its ez

Yeah no it's nothing compared to the other MAA it's too slow and you have to a lot further ahead of fast moving planes plus it's fire rate is nothing in comparison troll.
  • Sidorovich_IsGod
    Point shoot insta pop just to please fortnite kiddies and 0.50 kdr's
  • Sidorovich_IsGod
    bumpity bump bump
  • DCSTomcat
    1055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SAA built by support is very effective at taking out fighters now, takes only a few seconds to shoot one down.
  • TropicPoison
    2505 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DCSTomcat wrote: »
    SAA built by support is very effective at taking out fighters now, takes only a few seconds to shoot one down.

Fighters yes but stuka and bombers no.
  • Sidorovich_IsGod

Whoa someone who has some common sense
  • Sidorovich_IsGod
    edited February 2019

It's supposed to be more of a deterrent vs bombers and not an insta pop weapon seeing how there's 90 per map. Sustained fire on a bomber still wrecks them. I think they're fine tbh.
  • DingoKillr
    4349 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Borges1091 wrote: »

It's supposed to be more of a deterrent vs bombers and not an insta pop weapon seeing how there's 90 per map. Sustained fire on a bomber still wrecks them. I think they're fine tbh.

Yer, with 90 planes per map of AA needs to strong maybe it should do the same damage to the rear of planes as to the front. It is almost like planes have weak spot like tanks.