Wow.. breakthrough!!

Comments

• DaHuntzMen
    282 postsUnconfirmed, Member, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What an epic game mode! I am a CQ fanboy but figured I try this game mode.. it’s nothing short of epic ruthlessness!!

First game I finished 87 to 10 deaths as infantry, medics actually revive its incredible!!

On Xbox iframerates go through the toilet..

But boy oh boy I love this mode each map is flank city!
    Breakthrough is what grand ops used to be in BF1 but when one team isn't packed with potato players it can be a blast.
  • ElSamuel04
    115 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Breakthrough is my favourite game mode. Is more intense than everyelse game mode we had in game. Is not true you can't flak enemies, most of the enemies will attack/defend the 2 objective and you will encounter very few people in the flank. If you have good squad you can break the flank and attack/defend the sector.

Reinforcement are essential in this game mode, every squad leader need to know what to call in the right moment. So often you will win/lose according to how the squadleaders act. (for example call v1 on the last objective, call tankhunters to defend areodrome ecp). Sometimes is impossible attack/defend because enemy team had a lot of good players that know what to do, and you can only support you team with your small job.

The only map that i not like, is hamada attacking. attackers here have only one tank and two planes, is really hard attack here. Infact if defenders have good pilot you cannot do nothing-
  • moosehunter1969
    1108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    What an epic game mode! I am a CQ fanboy but figured I try this game mode.. it’s nothing short of epic ruthlessness!!

First game I finished 87 to 10 deaths as infantry, medics actually revive its incredible!!

I love it to but don’t get any frame drops on One X.
  • ElliotLH
    8202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    olavafar wrote: »
    I think it is OK but I think they should remove the V1 from it. Last objective is often just one zone and since we are at the end, those V1 will be poring down on that area and it becomes quite ridiculous to be honest. You basically win by NOT being in cap zone and wait to enter until the V1 spam is over. Since the queue up for launching it is somewhat random, it brings an unwelcome random element into the mode.

True. I won yesterday attacking on Rotterdam by clutching the A flag with a 12 kill V-1. It did not feel earned.

I was hoping that'd happen to me when I got an eight-piece yesterday, but my team didn't want to actually cap the flag in the dying seconds :(
  • mpstealthace
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Breakthrough, Grand Operations, Sqaud Conquest and Frontlines are IMO the best gane modes

"Grand Operations" needs a huge facelift. Its 50% less epic then BF1 Operations just because the cinematics and voice overs are nonexistent. Its supposed to showcase the battlefield experience and is just "Bland Operations"
  • moosehunter1969
    1108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I’ve played all maps as both attacker and defender on Breakthrough. All work fine although Fjell is perhaps too small.
    Favourites are Hamada and Twisted Steel.
    I’ve won as attackers and defenders on all maps and had some absolutely fantastic games.
    Vehicles are important, bombers very important on Hamada. Flanking is important, medics are crucial.
    The game mode feels like a proper battle not just running in circles capping flags. Push capture hold. Fantastic game mode.
    This game mode is epic war and bursting with BF moments.
  • moosehunter1969
    FantaPantz wrote: »
    Breakthrough has some serious balance issues. Some points are impossible to defend against the horde or sometimes it seems to be impossible to gain all objectives. Very poorly designed to have all those players focused on one, two or three objectives at a time and that's it. Too small of an area for the amount of players most of the time. Not a very good game mode in my opinion

Don’t agree. Every point is possible to defend or attack. To say it’s impossible implys that certain maps can’t be won by a certain side which just isn’t true.
    Conquest can at times be very boring with the players spread all over the map. Not something that can be said for Breakthrough.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1456 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I’ve played all maps as both attacker and defender on Breakthrough. All work fine although Fjell is perhaps too small.

Fjell looks like a good map to get the Breakthrough objectives done and dusted quickly :)
  • super_salami
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GeneralXIV wrote: »
    Also, a question: is the challenge that asks you to capture an objective within 2 minutes in Breakthrough actually possible? It doesnt seem like it is.

Yes it is. It's from 'spawn', not the start of the match - I spawned onto a team mate a few seconds before capturing a point and the challenge popped up as completed.
  • gibonez
    296 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Breakthrough is a brainless game mode. It shows the deevolution of Battlefield games as time goes on. They game modes get dumber and dumber, and the core modes like conquest get dumbed down as well. Long gone are the spread out objectives, the bases the airfields.
  • BoWinston
    952 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Garbage game mode, every game I’ve been in has been a lopsided match. You’re either on the stacked team steamrolling the campers, or you’re on the team of campers getting steamrolled. It’s a complete waste of time.
  • theONEFORCE
    2843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    BoWinston wrote: »
    Garbage game mode, every game I’ve been in has been a lopsided match. You’re either on the stacked team steamrolling the campers, or you’re on the team of campers getting steamrolled. It’s a complete waste of time.

You just described every game mode.
  • V2Face
    2655 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    How Battlefield should be played can easily be the best game mode to ever come to the series if DICE worked on balancing maps and increasing sector size for fair gameplay on both sides this is my biggest gripe. BF1 did Operations the best because they actually put thought into making it feel like war with the narrative. Just like in BF1, BFV Operations is not built for 64 man at most 40/40 works the best for two-three sectors with Conquest sized capped areas.
  • BoWinston
    952 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    BoWinston wrote: »

You just described every game mode.

Yep, Camperfield V has a long way to go be enjoyable, the only thing good about it is the music.
  • gibonez
    296 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Breakthrough is conquest for idiots that cant handle more than 2 objectives to capture at the same time. You take Conquest, drain it of all the sandbox elements cram 64 players into artificial chokepoints and you have the trash game mode known as breakthrough.
  • Dr_X2345
    774 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    gibonez wrote: »
    Breakthrough is conquest for idiots that cant handle more than 2 objectives to capture at the same time. You take Conquest, drain it of all the sandbox elements cram 64 players into artificial chokepoints and you have the trash game mode known as breakthrough.

Actually it's harder to attack objectives in Breakthrough than Conquest. Or rather, it's harder to hold them once you've capped them. Especially when 3/4 of your team zergs from objective to objective but leaves no-one behind to defend, so the objective gets retaken as soon as they leave. In Conquest, if you have a bad team you can at least try and cap some flags. On Breakthrough, if your team isn't good then you can hardly attempt to cap an objective, because you need a decent attack force to capture them, as half the enemy team will be there.
    I am quite a fan of Breakthrough - I wouldn't say it's my favourite mode, but it is up there. Reducing it to 40 players could be a good idea - I think if they added that as a limited time trial mode to see how popular it was then it could work, I wouldn't want them to permanently change it though without any trial run.
  • V1kingH4mster
    125 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

been playing it since launch believe me when i say your love affair will end and you will feel that ist a massive **** storm,i loved it at the beginning but now i hate its very exsistance
  • MinZhuZhongGuo
    410 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's way better than conquest assault mode in Hamada.
  • Necron_Canaris
    38 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Breakthrough is really a marmite kind of game mode, you either like it or hate it. I for one think it's awful, the design of almost every map I've played on it is terribly done. Which is so odd from BF1 they were great. Guessing the itern was forced to stay over the weekend to design these.
  • Hawxxeye
    5365 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 3
    I often prefer breakthrough cause it is better for most assignmnets and can be mad fun as a plane or a tank when used well.
    However many sectors need rebalancing so that they do not overwhelmingly favor one side over the other