Videoproof! Ridiculous AA - Watch video after patch

Comments

  • rainkloud
    593 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    GrimeySix wrote: »
    rainkloud wrote: »
    I need your help forumers. All the videos I have seen have been about the quad cannon AA. Can someone provide feedback and tell me if the other cannons are performing just as well? Obviously they will perform better than they did the last patch since that one broke the proximity damage but what I'm trying to do is figure out if there is a big performance difference between the quad and the other 3 MAA options.

    I'll hop on the stationary often and I can tell you it works nothing like what's going on in the video. For one the ROF is not even close, but it doesn't seem the damage is either. I've downed maybe one or two planes ever in BFV using the stationary AA and both times they were being pressured by fighters in the air. Last night, the one I downed already had both wings clipped and was taking fire from me on the ground and the dogfight above.

    Thanks, in terms of stats the SAA is effectively the same as the 37mm gun on the Wirbelwind so if we find out performance on one then we know what the other is capable of.
  • KingsportCowboy
    167 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No planes in the air is fine with me. :)
  • Loki_Deezie
    872 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GrimeySix wrote: »
    rainkloud wrote: »
    I need your help forumers. All the videos I have seen have been about the quad cannon AA. Can someone provide feedback and tell me if the other cannons are performing just as well? Obviously they will perform better than they did the last patch since that one broke the proximity damage but what I'm trying to do is figure out if there is a big performance difference between the quad and the other 3 MAA options.

    I'll hop on the stationary often and I can tell you it works nothing like what's going on in the video. For one the ROF is not even close, but it doesn't seem the damage is either. I've downed maybe one or two planes ever in BFV using the stationary AA and both times they were being pressured by fighters in the air. Last night, the one I downed already had both wings clipped and was taking fire from me on the ground and the dogfight above.

    I'm only noticing these issue with the quad cannons. After using for a bit longer, some thing is broken with it. All the other AA feels fine. But when u use those quad cannons.....its bad.
  • Kauzer_RF
    229 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    DICE should make a sandbox and test changes atleast for vehicles balance before pushing patch to live... It will take few mins to check result but those inbalanced changes should not pass that additional control.
  • Fruxen
    141 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    rainkloud wrote: »
    I need your help forumers. All the videos I have seen have been about the quad cannon AA. Can someone provide feedback and tell me if the other cannons are performing just as well? Obviously they will perform better than they did the last patch since that one broke the proximity damage but what I'm trying to do is figure out if there is a big performance difference between the quad and the other 3 MAA options.

    The quad MAA melts planes in seconds and feels OP. And that's coming from a guy that would be happy if planes were removed from most maps... The slower MAA seems fairly balanced, based on my initial impression. Have not tried statonary AA after patch yet.
  • Holyshogun
    128 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Zipeh wrote: »
    We need to stop talking about AA as if all AA is the same .. it is most clearly NOT all the same.

    Best comment of the day. Granted SAA was buffed and in my opinion is okay, since they are stationary and can be avoided or taken into consideration.

    However MAA needs to get nerfed. DICE overdid it
  • baroncrovax
    254 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm going to be honest: I hate how powerful planes are at destroying infantry and have no practical counters on foot.

    That said having watched the video and seeing it in game I do believe it is a bit too much damage too fast.

    We have threads where people complain about assaults because they can destroy a tank in >5secs because despite letting them get that close they "couldn't react fast enough". Surely the planes have even less time.

    That said, AA tanks need to remain a deterrent.
  • Holyshogun
    128 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I'm going to be honest: I hate how powerful planes are at destroying infantry and have no practical counters on foot.

    That said having watched the video and seeing it in game I do believe it is a bit too much damage too fast.

    We have threads where people complain about assaults because they can destroy a tank in >5secs because despite letting them get that close they "couldn't react fast enough". Surely the planes have even less time.

    That said, AA tanks need to remain a deterrent.

    I agree 100%. The thing is to find a reasonably good balance, which in my opinion DICE keeps failing with after every patch due to extreme overcompensation towards either one or the other side... that's what bothers me at least
  • TheSacar
    1005 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    To clear up a few misconceptions I continuously read in these threads:
    1. Not all pilots want to just farm infantry and be invincible (there may be some bad apples, but I'd venture they are a minority). Claiming that is about as sensible as insisting the earth is flat. As a matter of fact I believe most pilots want to be challenged from the ground.
    2. The really OP thing is the quad cannon Flakpanzer. Not all AA is the same.
    3. Most fighter pilots do not want to win 1v1 engagements against the mobile AA. At most they'd like to finish off an injured AA or help their armor/infantry with some damage. I think most fighter pilots would be happy if they just had a way to escape once a Flakpanzer has them in their sight.
    4. Seeing the position of the mobile Flakpanzer on the ground at all times is quite hard and definitively much harder than it is for the Flakpanzer to see airplanes against the blue sky. So the whole "just stay away from MAA" argument is flawed.
    5. The TTK on most British planes is quite low as can be seen in the video in the first post. But to the pilot the TTD is often even quicker. It sometimes does feel like an instant death and you have no time to even realize you are being shot before you are gone. Remember how one frame deaths feel when playing infantry? Not fun, right?
    6. People need to consider that there are different types of planes in the game. I see people refer to "planes" when they mean bombers and then assume all planes behave in the same way.
    .
    Why is it that I see people posting videos of how quick the Flakpanzer kills airplanes, but all those "git gud", "it's not OP", "just fly [random tip]" people cannot post a video of getting a good round in a spitfire while a Flakpanzer is actively trying to shoot down planes? All I see is people with comparatively limited flight experience telling people who have spent multiple days flying how they should fly and how easy flying is.
  • Carbonic
    1964 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Just done some major cleanup of this thread. Talking about the topic is fine, bullying, being mean to each other, naming and shaming are all not allowed on this forum and went to far so it has been removed.
  • MacaqueX
    674 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Holyshogun wrote: »


    *Don't post a reply without watching the attached Youtube video above!* (press on the picture)

    This can't be argued to be anything close to "balanced"

    "Brrrrrrr" (2 seconds later) clean skies.
    DICE stop going to extremes and actually find a middleground please. Why dont they test their stuff before release.... omg

    Unfortunately that is the middle ground, or they can nerf AA but than bomber need to hit directly to head infantry player to make kill, even tank need direct hit so why not planes.
  • AssassinAgent47
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019

    and yet...planes can literally one shot a tank


    SMH
  • ProAssassin2003
    3873 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't see a problem Mobile AA isn't Mobile AI now.
  • AssassinAgent47
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Holyshogun wrote: »
    Remember there is NO SPOTTING in this game.


    yes there is spotting , I do it all the time

  • Astr0damus
    2904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    No planes in the air is fine with me. :)

    I tried to double upvote, but I think they nerfed that.
  • Astr0damus
    2904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Carbonic wrote: »
    Just done some major cleanup of this thread. Talking about the topic is fine, bullying, being mean to each other, naming and shaming are all not allowed on this forum and went to far so it has been removed.

    Was I the target? This seems to happen while I'm sleeping here in the U.S.
    Maybe it's better not to know.
    I made a poetry thread, and by the time I awoke in the morning it was removed.. a mod said it turned ugly (but I never got to see the salt... that's ok, like I said, sometimes what I don't know doesn't hurt me.)

    Back on topic.
    I can't wait to sit in a Stationary AA and see if I can take out a single Aircraft, thus far in owning BF V since Christmas, I have not managed even one aircraft kill from a Stationary (or even sitting in the rear gunner seat--that could use some adjustment as well--otherwise it is a serious waste of time to spawn in an occupied plane. Unless DICE makes it so we can spawn in an enemy plane and melee the pilot.. that would be pure giggles.)
  • warslag
    1606 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I would actually like to see a video from the devs with how the envisage using the AA and planes in Battlefield currently.

    Also, does anyone know if planes will be in Firestorm / battle royal?
  • Kunstula
    473 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Alrici0 wrote: »
    According to Alrici0 a single Anti Air shell should have the blast radius of an atomic bomb and instantly wipe out any enemy aircraft on the map. Don't feed the troll

    This goes into my collection of representative strawman arguments. Thanks for such a fine example :)

    Without mingling myself in the discussion about whether MAA is too powerful against aircraft, I just noticed that the funniest thing about this statement is that your own very first comment in this thread is in fact a strawman argument, oh the irony.
  • NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    SAA is useless and easy to bomb/take out, so I am glad there is MAA.

    But still some planes can take out MAA, like the Spitfire MK VB, so I see no problem.
    Or you can just ask a teammate to instant kill the MAA with his OP assault kit.

    But to be honest, as long as the fighters (and Stuka with the big canons) are so OP against bombers I don't mind MAA to be so effective in taking down fighters ...
Sign In or Register to comment.