Team griefing their own tanks

patchkid67
28 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Just had a teammate put dynamite on my tank, and leaving the tank caused it to blow up resulting in death. Please fix this bug. Friendly dynamite should not damage friendly tanks.

Comments

• skippylarue
    1004 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You mean he blew it up once you jumped out? Once you jump out the tank becomes neutral. Perhaps he assumed you had abandoned it so he blew it up so it could not be captured by the other team. I'm a terrible tanker so that's what I'd do if no one else was around.
  • patchkid67
    He set the dynamite up while I was moving the tank around, so it was intentional. No idea why it immediately exploded as I was exiting the tank. It was still in the exit animation when I died, and the tank was exploded.
  • TropicPoison
    2505 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Been having troll teammates get in the way of AA fire when shooting at planes it hits them instead.
  • NilSatisOptimum
    49 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    Been having troll teammates get in the way of AA fire when shooting at planes it hits them instead.

Every time I manage to get in a tank which is not very often, I've got some teammate fool trying to impede my view very tedious.

Another I believe is shooting a pouch they have thrown causes instant death, well that's what I think happened to me, whatever they did it killed me!
  • Hawxxeye
    7773 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Some people get angry when they need the tank to cover their attack on the objective and it only takes potshots from as far away as possible
  • Dr_X2345
    774 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    Some people get angry when they need the tank to cover their attack on the objective and it only takes potshots from as far away as possible

That is a good point. Same with snipers, if they're not doing anything to help the team just sat miles away from the fight, and I'm a medic, then I'll just chuck smoke down at their feet and hopefully get them moving.
    Another tactic (more for transports though) is to get a squadmate to cover it with a bunch of dynamite (3 normally does the job but you could use five or six if you're near a supply station), then someone else drives straight at a tank or objective, jumps out whilst it's still moving, and the teammates blow it up. Pretty funny, and it works best with the little half track motorbike thing because you can get out quicker and it's fast and manoeuvrable.
  • TOG_Whiskey
    127 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This is the best way to win, sabotage the players that HAVE to operate at a distance, sounds like a solid strat to me.
  • Dr_X2345
    774 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This is the best way to win, sabotage the players that HAVE to operate at a distance, sounds like a solid strat to me.

Me? Or the guy who blew up the tank?
    If you meant me, don't get me wrong, I don't think there's an issue with snipers. I play Recon quite a bit, it's fun, and satisfying to get kills with. However, there's a difference between how I tend to play (sniping from near objectives and trying to hold them or help attack them) and just sitting in your team's spawn taking potshots at people, ending up with a KD of 4... Because you got 4 kills and died once.
  • Hawxxeye
    7773 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    As a tanker main here , you NEVER get out of a tank , you die in it.

NEVER EVER get out of tank and give it to the enemy.

I'm glad your teammate blew it up.
    Sometimes it is just not possible to get someone else to build a station or to repair when then is no station nearby.
    However in a fight the driver should never leave the tank.
    That said there is maybe that risk tactic of switching to the top gunner seat to stop the incoming kamikaze assault before he detonates his dynamite
  • On-Swift-Wings
    304 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If I had a dollar for everytime I've seen medics smoke snipers and tanks I would have enough money to give the devs enough resources to make a CTE happen so we don't get patches where more is broken than fixed.
  • NilSatisOptimum
    49 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »

Well if that involves climbing on tank and shooting and standing in front of my view and and basically obstruct what I'm trying to view, it's an odd way to get someone to attack another objective. Personally, believe it's more to do with griefer/troll, annoyed that I'm in what they see as their toy!

Same with the pouch killing, have had it done from being on an objective all the way back intial spawn...
  • patchkid67
    This was an extremely odd situation, and likely a bug or needs to be investigated at the least.

1. I was at a capture point in my tank (was actually playing in rotterdam), so definitely not sitting back sniping. While I can understand some immature team members being upset about sniping tanks, they're actually geared to bombard more than lead charges in this version of battlefield.

2. My tank was at 100% when I exited to help a squad mate. The objective was empty other than teammates. The match had just started. Someone on my team dropped dynamite on the tank, and started hopping away. As soon as I opened the hatch the tank exploded instantly killing me, and the tank.

3. Griefing your team, and eliminating your only tank at the very start of a match is a very good way to lose and sabotage your own team...
  • MBT_Layzan
    2462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    I love how in this game they expect tanks to rush out solo and save the whole sorry team when the infantry can't PTFO.
  • rockin_master
    373 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    This the requisition points exploit in action. I'm not going to explain exactly how so my post won't get deleted. It's done to farm jb-2 rockets. A squad can get a rocket in under two minutes. This and medic farming is starting to really, really get bad too.

It's a great way to steal armor away from team mates too.
  • WinterWarhurst
    1319 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I get team grieved by friendlies, always blowing up depots and trying to steal tanks when you have to rebuild them
  • TuxedoBanana279
    347 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't know what you want us or dice to do about bad team mates, I would just say join a new game or play infantry some more.
  • patchkid67
    I don't know what you want us or dice to do about bad team mates, I would just say join a new game or play infantry some more.

It should be tested by Dice, identify if there is a quality or functional defect to address, and then prioritize the work on their development backlog appropriately. I have no expectations that this will be immediately addressed, but the conversation does help the community be aware that the issue exists.

I'm pretty sure I stated my desire in the original post:
    Please fix this bug. Friendly dynamite should not damage friendly tanks.
  • MBT_Layzan
    2462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I get team grieved by friendlies, always blowing up depots and trying to steal tanks when you have to rebuild them

Just joined a game on twisted, saw the depot blown, got out to fix and one of the cattle of my side stole the tank. I left and found another server.
  • gets__tilted
    1705 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    As a tanker main here , you NEVER get out of a tank , you die in it.

NEVER EVER get out of tank and give it to the enemy.

I'm glad your teammate blew it up.

We had a guy in the party the other day do it not once but twice in 1 round. And that was after we ragged on him. The second time it got taken and used against us.

I dont know why these kids think theyre worth more to the team alive at the cost of giving the tank away.