Unsportsmanlike Behavior

Real_Noobalishus
27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited February 11
I made a post about this awhile ago but unfortunately the situation is getting worse. A growing trend I see with pilots is the blatant abuse of the redeploy system or nose diving when another pilot gets on their six. I've been told by a few people that because of the plane physics, you cannot shake planes so they'd rather kill themselves than allow the other pilot get the points. This comment alone is one of the most heartbreaking and non-nonsensical things I have heard with this game.

If you choose to go up in a plane (especially a fighter) with the intention of dog-fighting and shooting another plane down, then why would you purposefully nose dive to avoid them getting the kill, let alone even the vehicle destroy. This is extremely unsporting and blatantly disrespectful to the other players gaming experience. Your game play is no more important than the next persons. If you're going to bail then by all means bail but straight up aiming your plane at the ground and redeploying knowing full well you didn't give enough time for the other fighter to get the vehicle is just wrong.

If you could get kicked in hardcore for team killing more than 3 times, why is there no implementation for people who abuse the redeploy option which drains tickets. Also I do not understand how if you get someone on fire and they crash you get nothing. Why is there no disable kill function like in previous BF titles, surely this cannot be hard to implement.

Bottom line is if you choose to go up in a plane great but if someone is on your 6 either bail and aim your plane up so they can at least get something otherwise go down with your plane as the enemy pilot who put in the time and effort to dogfight with you has earned that kill and those points. This redeploy/nose dive nonsense is getting out of control
Post edited by Real_Noobalishus on

Comments

• full951
    2460 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I guess it isn't a gripe about AA.
  • Doc943
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Also unsportsmanlike is players kicking engineers from a squad for building fortifications to defend a flag because they would rather romp around madly shooting all COD-like without the hassle of barriers or using the map to best PTO.
  • skins4ever21
    201 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I mean everyone whines about this but pilots can bail in real life so got to have it in game however I wish they had some system in place where you get pts if you've done damage and they bail. That should be looked at. Same if person bails from tank.
  • Real_Noobalishus
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I mean everyone whines about this but pilots can bail in real life so got to have it in game however I wish they had some system in place where you get pts if you've done damage and they bail. That should be looked at. Same if person bails from tank.

Yes pilots do in real life and if you read what I wrote about that I said at least aim your plane up so we can get the vehicle destroy......pilots can't redeploy in real life so that argument doesn't work in this instance
  • Aflag666
    139 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If they could just implement a stat for downed planes that would take care of things. When a plane goes down, whoever put the most damage on it should get the "kill" which would be a seperate stat from player kills. A kind of plane k/d. If would be cool for pilots to be able to track the number of planes they shot down. Pilots have done so since shooting down planes has been a thing.

• Jamesonoid
    406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    diagoro wrote: »
    I bail to help prevent losing a ticket, especially when there is no stealing of the plan after. In tanks, I'll go down to prevent a steal.

It's a valid technique, far from unsportsmanlike.

OP isn't calling bailing on a plane unsportmanlike, the problem (I experience it as well) is pilots crashing their planes straight into the ground so you don't get the kill or destroy. It's usually the same player in a match who keeps crashing over and over again when you get on them. I'm fine with pilots bailing...it provides a good chance to roadkill them. But this non sense where they just crash into the ground is ridiculous.
  • mgood1845
    93 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    These problems would be eliminated if they brought back the "Disabled" Vehicle function that was in BF1, in a plane or on an AA you could disable a vehicle and prevent it from repairing and from turning....you'd get either the kill or the vehicle kill every time...this not being able to disable an aircraft is the problem....
  • Indigology
    392 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    mgood1845 wrote: »
    These problems would be eliminated if they brought back the "Disabled" Vehicle function that was in BF1, in a plane or on an AA you could disable a vehicle and prevent it from repairing and from turning....you'd get either the kill or the vehicle kill every time...this not being able to disable an aircraft is the problem....

Thats actually a good point..I hadnt considered that. +1
  • dayglowfroggy
    473 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well I can't speak for everyone but when I crash into the ground with someone on my six it's because I am trying to fly low and risky or more Likely looking behind me not realising till its too late.

Also there is no indication of how fast you are going so you can't pull out sometimes.

Though I have managed to get out alive without a parachute twice as well.
  • Jamesonoid
    406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well I can't speak for everyone but when I crash into the ground with someone on my six it's because I am trying to fly low and risky or more Likely looking behind me not realising till its too late.

Also there is no indication of how fast you are going so you can't pull out sometimes.

That happens. I've crashed trying to lose someone and flew too close to an object or the ground. But I've been in matches where the pilot must be playing V1/JB2 simulator, fly for awhile then nose dive.
  • UGFREEZEIY
    57 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

That happens. I've crashed trying to lose someone and flew too close to an object or the ground. But I've been in matches where the pilot must be playing V1/JB2 simulator, fly for awhile then nose dive.

Plus random lag spikes that veer your plane into a mountain. It isn't always the player causing it, but I think they should bring what they did in BF1 for disabling planes in BF5.
  • Jamesonoid
    UGFREEZEIY wrote: »

Plus random lag spikes that veer your plane into a mountain. It isn't always the player causing it, but I think they should bring what they did in BF1 for disabling planes in BF5.

Not always but most of the time. There is no justification for crashing several times in a match.

I wish we'd get the kill/destroy from disabled planes crashing.
  • Real_Noobalishus

I've played long enough to know when people are trying to evade and make mistakes, we all do it one way or another. However there is a very distinct behavior behind players who intentionally nose dive and anyone who has spent more than a few hours flying fighters knows exactly what I'm talking about. Usually it will be the same person who will be sitting on a negative K/D (0 - 11 or something) that is more than happy to shoot at you but as soon as the tables turn and they get out maneuvered, they'll nose it.
  • mgood1845
    93 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I've played long enough to know when people are trying to evade and make mistakes, we all do it one way or another. However there is a very distinct behavior behind players who intentionally nose dive and anyone who has spent more than a few hours flying fighters knows exactly what I'm talking about. Usually it will be the same person who will be sitting on a negative K/D (0 - 11 or something) that is more than happy to shoot at you but as soon as the tables turn and they get out maneuvered, they'll nose it.

Again, I can't stress enough, if the disabled vehicle function was brought forward from BF1 you would get the vehicle destroy and the prevent the plane from repairing and turning. essentially they would be dead drifting and if the pilot jumped out chances are good he would not be over playable map, and if he did survive, then you can't fault him for wanting to live! But you at least would get the vehicle kill, instead of neither. People will always nosedive, and their really isn't any way to prevent that, but if you can disable the plane chances go up for you to at least get the destroy.

The only gripe i have about jumping out of a plane is the time it takes to do so, Pilots should be slower but gunners should be quicker (Airborne Style) drops! Example: Drop me over C flag ill flank! By the time my animation is finished i'm way way way outta bounds....guess the devs caught on to my strategy!

• ColinUltra
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Pilots should go down with the ship - heroically and sportingly miserable!

The flipside...

Imagine / recall: a fully upgraded fighter and maybe a wingman jump on your 6 within seconds of spawning - for the 5th straight time as they camp your plane spawn, conveniently over the ammo site.... for the 3rd straight game! You're the flying dead... Or you just got the wrong server - for the umpteenth time.

Your options are; misery by shoot down #6, misery by nosedive; misery by bailing if he's a mediocre pilot, misery by redeploy (never thought of that) - $69 of yippee eh?

Nosediving/bailing isn't fair to attacking pilots but neither is spawnraping pilots - someone said its a game right?

I've been on both sides of this - neither is worth my money, but I take them as they come.

Someone will point out that if you cant fly with the best, you shouldn't! Fair point , and one game on Fjell took that to the extreme - only enemy fighters were airborne for most of the game. Must've been fun. Hoping for enemy that didn't bother to spawn - playing with themselves.

Tip for struggling pilots - fly in the morning - more good pilots fly in the evenings. Have to fly with the pros and spawn campers? Wiggle your controller sticks wildly, fly low, fast/slow and wobbly and hopefully force a crash before you do. Grind on - some days are better than others...

Tip for Devs: I endorse the idea of giving points for the plane destroy. Separate air ammo crates from spawn points, make pilots retreat to their end or midway to reload and spawn planes away from enemy planes like players in TDM - give the victims a headstart...
  • PuckersMcColon
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If I ever nose dive, it is because I recognize I can't shake the guy and they are close enough to be unable to save themselves. I will take you with me if I can.
  • Real_Noobalishus
    @ColinUltra You bring up many points, some I agree with other others I don't but we all experience the game differently. In regards to spawn camping, this is something I cannot stand on either side. I have abused people on my own team for doing that and repeated spawn camping will result in me switching teams just to take them out. 100% of the time the people who do that have 0% skill and are the same type of people to redeploy as soon as you're on their 6.

On the flip side say I'm strafing an objective we are pushing like A on Twisted steel and go to resupply and a plane spawns in, unless I see them directly turn to engage with me as they waited in the menu for the exact moment to get the drop (known as sharking) I will not engage with them. I want a challenge, a fair fight, not a turkey shoot
  • full951
    2460 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 5
    honestly it's not like a plane can be stolen save some very special conditions. I'm way more concerned about tankers bailing on tanks especially now there is little they can do to finish off a tank
  • skins4ever21
    201 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Real talk if you shooting me and I go down hard it's not me bailing it's me being whole higher level of suck and I tried to get low and crashed ... no bailing involved just as dead if you shot me down :D Is there any good tutorial videos online that explains the ins and outs of flying the different planes? I really want to learn it but every time I try I'm incredibly lost and I tried the practice range but it didn't explain anything at all. Any help would be appreciated.