What was the reasoning for adding planes to Fjell?

TropicPoison
2421 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited February 2019
Just to farm infantry or what? Would have been a better map without any kind of bombers, or planes of any kind, just a pure infantry map would have been better.

Comments

• VincentNZ
    3875 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Probably to avoid the claim of being too infantry-focused as a game. I understand the need of adding planes, and I agree, but I question the need of giving out 11 planes on that map. They said somewhere that the new Greek location (which, as I learned, supposedly only consists of one map) will focus on aerial combat, which means it will be Crete and which means that we get another map with likely 11 planes.
  • M_Rat13
    1484 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You could always jump into a fighter....
  • DCSTomcat
    1055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It was pretty good dogfight map good for level up fighters. For infantry farming, Breakthrough mode is better but with the AA buff, good luck.
  • TropicPoison
    2421 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    M_Rat13 wrote: »

Not when the enemy has a stuka with cannons and you're dead in 2 seconds, and most other idiot teammates grab bombers as well and not fighters to help take out the enemy planes, that's about how every match goes.
  • Deulcore
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Planes on fjell is just ridiculous who thought up that stupid idea
  • Dr_X2345
    774 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think it would be OK with just fighters, but the bombers are annoying as they can easily just carpet bomb objectives and corridors with ease, especially as the AA positions on the map are quite restricted in terms of where they can shoot.
  • M_Rat13
    1484 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Not when the enemy has a stuka with cannons and you're dead in 2 seconds, and most other idiot teammates grab bombers as well and not fighters to help take out the enemy planes, that's about how every match goes.

How bad are you as a fighter pilot? Just fly up high, dive down and strafe the bomber to death in a single pass. It's called boom and zoom. Works every time.

My point is, yes, people can jump into bombers, but they can also jump into fighters. Dogfighting exists.

If however air travel makes you throw up for some reason, you can always just panzerfaust bombers out of the sky....

• DivineBaal
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Because you have plenty of ”players” who love just to sit in their stukas and ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ spawns. That gives them much XP and since almost all players in planes give *** about other planes that is why.
  • Dr_X2345
    774 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

How bad are you as a fighter pilot? Just fly up high, dive down and strafe the bomber to death in a single pass. It's called boom and zoom. Works every time.

My point is, yes, people can jump into bombers, but they can also jump into fighters. Dogfighting exists.

If however air travel makes you throw up for some reason, you can always just panzerfaust bombers out of the sky....

Tried that, got squished as it fell out of the air. I was... not sure what to say actually.
  • TropicPoison

You aren't going to out evade a fighter in a stuka or bomber, or shoot them down unless you have the cannons unlocked on the stuka, so you're saying you can easily take on 2 fighters? Doubt it.

• BigWyrm
    325 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Planes on Fjell are freaking fantastic! It's the map design for infantry that sucks. It really needs to be redesigned.
    One of the best things on Fjell is flying around the 3D terrain/mountains/hills/dips/etc... Fjell and Hamada are excellent for flying because they offer a much better chance for using defensive tactics. I love it when I have a fighter on my six, and I do some fancy flying around the mountains and then I hear that satisfying sound of an explosion as my pursuer crashes into the ground.
  • NLBartmaN
    4129 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    I love the number of planes on Fjell, the whole round is full of flying action and it is my favourite dogfight map with all the terrain.

Feels a bit like Monte Grappa, but that map was a lot better with the bunkers and better open layout.

And it is not that easy to bomb on Fjell with the Terrain, current flying mechanics, AA and all the planes in the air.
  • Zipeh
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    my 2nd favorite map for SAA after Narvik. i play it cause of the planes not despite them.
  • fakemon64
    898 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Historically my least favorite map on any bf title is the infantry only one. Im completely biased so personally i love the addition of planes on fjell. It's actually the only map i have fun using the fighter planes on.

Good times trying to maintain air supremacy on that map.
  • Noodlesocks
    3390 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Would have been better if there was a flag or two that could be captured by planes because otherwise it's just two separate games taking place on the same map.
  • Ernie_Shavers
    131 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just to farm infantry or what? Would have been a better map without any kind of bombers, or planes of any kind, just a pure infantry map would have been better.

Fjell is a low effort, thoughtless map. DICE added the planes in an effort to spice up an awful map.
  • stabbinhobo
    581 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    My guess.. to empty servers fast. Take the planes out entirely and the map would probably be not too bad. Getting farmed by some no skill crud just spamming the pin and getting 70+ kills a round is just DICE's way of sticking it's thumbs further into your eye sockets.
  • DropInDropOut
    355 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Fjell with no planes and Devastation with no tanks would be great infantry only maps.
  • NLBartmaN
    4129 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I don't understand why people that dislike planes an tanks play Battlefield while there is CoD and lots of other infantry only games ...
  • Deulcore
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Not every maps needs planes and tanks 1 or 2 just need infantry quite simple really not rocket science