Low fps and no audio

BloooperDodge
postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Hey i installed bf1 and was shocked i have a gtx 1060 6gb and a i5 7500 but i get 40-60 fps on low and i dont have audio either its really annoying help me if u can

Comments

• LOLGotYerTags
    11688 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    moved to the appropriate section.
  • Titan_Awaken
    424 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This game doesn't run well on older i5s. Speaking from experience. My system was very similar to yours: GTX 1060 6GB, i5-7400 and 16GB RAM (Dual Channel).

I ran a mixture of settings between ultra and low/off and could consistently gets drops into the 40s and sometimes 30s while the average FPS hovered at around 60-65, 70 if it was a really good day. Small, CPU intensive maps like Amiens were the worst when it comes to stuttering and drops.

Just by upgrading to an i7 (1060 and RAM were still the same), my average FPS jumped upwards by 20 to 85-95 and all the drops completely stopped.

As for the audio, I don't know. Just do some experiementing with the drivers and your sound manager.
  • JRMBelgiumTwitch
    710 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    i5 7500 is about the same as 6600k. Meaning that you will be able to play singleplayer or small game modes just fine. But expect huge framedrops on 64p conquest.