One single Round, 18 planes destroyed, 26kills, 0 death. This vehicle is way too powerful.

PrecisionWing
611 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Saw lots of ppl complaining about the AA tank after Jan. patch, so I tried it last night and the video is what i found out.

Even for a noob tank driver like myself, I can still manage to dominate the entire air space while camping deep behind front line, stay safely away from anything.

AA tanks damage is just beyond crazy. As long as you are not a total rookie like myself , all fighters can be shot down within 2 seconds, and 4 secs for bombers.
For a pilot, there is really not much he can do within that little period of time.

AA tanks range is the biggest problem. It can cover the whole infantry fighting area, means nowhere is safe for planes. This plus its too powerful damage vs planes makes the
AA tank over powered.

My suggestion is nerf its damage back to the launch state last year, when the damage is decent enough compared to that in Dec. patch,
or greatly nerf its range, so if aa tank wants some easy kills like those shown in the video, it has to move to the front line.

Comments

• Khronikos
    2145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 3
    don't see the problem. I could go 26-0 in a prepatch scrubfire while eating a sammich and making a phone call. Still can if I've got a wingman on comms.

anyway it can't cover the whole map. Maybe 1/4 at a time on Twisted Steel and the bridge gets in the way all the time.

Sweatfires don't go past their own team's flags until the MAA is taken down by bombers/ground, and they'll never be hurt.

But god forbid I can't spawnrape the German plane spawn 24/7 and bombers might survive more than 4 seconds.

I mean, I think Dice still has a lot of balancing to do.
  • Major_Pungspark
    1348 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You are supposed to sit in spawn and shoot infantry.
  • XEN_wunderwaffle
    284 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Khronikos wrote: »
    don't see the problem. I could go 26-0 in a prepatch scrubfire while eating a sammich and making a phone call. Still can if I've got a wingman on comms.

anyway it can't cover the whole map. Maybe 1/4 at a time on Twisted Steel and the bridge gets in the way all the time.

Sweatfires don't go past their own team's flags until the MAA is taken down by bombers/ground, and they'll never be hurt.

But god forbid I can't spawnrape the German plane spawn 24/7 and bombers might survive more than 4 seconds.

I mean, I think Dice still has a lot of balancing to do.

I agree, the 3x20mm on the British MAA is worthless and needs a buff

It should be at least as good as the 4x Flakpanzer since you're giving up your case round and can't get flaming onion.

Stationary AA needs a huge buff. Right now they're point farms for every plane type in the game. 1 rocket/bomb=ded
  • stabbinhobo
    567 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    GOOD! Hope they buff AA more. Just finished a round of breakthru, guy went 101-10 spamming the flag with JU. Tired of the no skill scrubs spamming the pin.
  • Noodlesocks
    2496 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They're the only decent tanks in the game.
  • KingsportCowboy
    167 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 3
    I'm in love with it personally. It's quite fun. I'll continue to use it until/unless it's adjusted.
  • XEN_wunderwaffle

Then prove it with a video of you owning the sky with a spitfire and a wingman on a map which has flakpanzer. Otherwise, from your stats I can tell you were just lying.

"Owning the sky" is easy when you've got a butt buddy. Flakpanzer dies in a few seconds from one strafe run from each.

Bust still no thanks then I'd have to publicly fly the scrubfire and befriend a pilot scrub both of which are shameful.

I can show me owning the sky with another, far more elegant and refined vehicle if you prefer, tho.
  • PrecisionWing
    611 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Then prove it with a video of you owning the sky with a spitfire and a wingman on a map which has flakpanzer. Otherwise, from your stats I can tell you were just lying.
    Flakpanzer dies in a few seconds from one strafe run from each.

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about.
    Show me a video how to kill an aa tank within seconds from air, like you said, one strafe.
  • oX_-oBIGBOSS-FoX
    232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

"Owning the sky" is easy when you've got a butt buddy. Flakpanzer dies in a few seconds from one strafe run from each.

Bust still no thanks then I'd have to publicly fly the scrubfire and befriend a pilot scrub both of which are shameful.

I can show me owning the sky with another, far more elegant and refined vehicle if you prefer, tho.

Good luck strafing a flakpanzer with your 7-kill spitfire VB. LOL
  • XEN_wunderwaffle

why would I ever want to use the trash tier version?

That's like putting 37mm on the glorious flakpanzer. You could do it but why tho?

Show me a video how to kill an aa tank within seconds from air, like you said, one strafe.

you need a video on how to equip 250lb bombs/rockets, point your plane at a big slow metal box and click mouse 1?

Wow pilots are more handicapped than I thought.
  • PrecisionWing

That's like putting 37mm on the glorious flakpanzer. You could do it but why tho?

you need a video on how to equip 250lb bombs/rockets, point your plane at a big slow metal box and click mouse 1?

Yeah, I do need a video from you to show it.
    I can use video to prove how crazily op aa tank is, can you do the same?
    Of course not, just checked your stats, you barely used planes nor AA tank, so like i mentioned, you have no idea what you
    are talking about here.
  • XEN_wunderwaffle

Yeah, I do need a video from you to show it.
    I can use video to prove how crazily op aa tank is, can you do the same?
    Of course not, just checked your stats, you barely used planes nor AA tank, so like i mentioned, you have no idea what you
    are talking about here.

I'll make you a drawing in crayon instead. Might be more on your level

by the way I'm better than you in MAA. This was my very first full game in it. Same map, also 18 planes but more kills

DyglR-mXQAEu7mA.jpg:large

so if I "have no Idea what I'm talking about" than how smart does that make you, bub?

• oX_-oBIGBOSS-FoX
    232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

VB is trash tier version?
    Maybe it's trash in your hand, not in mine.
  • XEN_wunderwaffle

credit where due that's a thicc k/D.

Shame I'm gonna have to beat it with my upcoming base camping AA alt
  • oX_-oBIGBOSS-FoX

credit where due that's a thicc k/D.

Shame I'm gonna have to beat it with my upcoming base camping AA alt

Then you'd better hurry, beat mine before the next patch when your wheelchair will be useless again.
  • oXxDarknessxXo
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    to win this game you need to work together or switch to a class to take out the problem.. if the enemy team was good they all would switch to assualt and take you out but they didnt... nothing is to powerful in this game, just need to learn how to counter the problem
  • PrecisionWing
    to win this game you need to work together or switch to a class to take out the problem.. if the enemy team was good they all would switch to assualt and take you out but they didnt... nothing is to powerful in this game, just need to learn how to counter the problem

actually they did, you noticed that bomber pilot i killed quite a few times?
    He and his squad came together as an anti tank team, but I managed to kill most of them and run away.

Truth is, AA tank is even more effective against infantry.

And you can find lots of posts in this forums to address that issue.
    Since that's not the focus of my video and this post, I didnt include that infantry farming part in my video.
  • DingoKillr
    3434 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 4
    So you can go 26-0 in a MAA, are you still going xx-0 in planes?

That seems to be the part that is being ignored in this debate. The argument that a plane can't fly straight at AA or MAA can be used against Infantry is meaningless. It is whether planes can still be used to hit targets without them completely dominating the whole map.