One single Round, 18 planes destroyed, 26kills, 0 death. This vehicle is way too powerful.

Comments

• Shrediron
    205 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Looks balanced to me. Planes can 1 shot tanks, entire squads.

What was it you said when AA was complete trash? "Call your fighter pilots to take down the bombers"

May I suggest that you need to git gud and call your infantry to 1 shot the tank.
  • PrecisionWing
    632 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    So you can go 26-0 in a MAA, are you still going xx-0 in planes?

That seems to be the part that is being ignored in this debate. The argument that a plane can't fly straight at AA or MAA can be used against Infantry is meaningless. It is whether planes can still be used to hit targets without them completely dominating the whole map.

I can only go XX-0 when enemy team allows me to, even during last patch when dice nerfed AA, one dedicate AA tank can still preventing pilots getting lots of kills and zero death.
    What we are discussing here is AA's range and damage, if you think that's meaningless, then there is no need to join.
  • KingsportCowboy
    167 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It was useless and now it does what it's meant to...not sure I see the problem. Could use a reduction against JUST infantry but as far as taking out planes that's it's purpose. Not only that but it's very easily destroyed especially if the tanker is careless.
  • RichardSinerface
    77 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    OP I hear you don't like how powerful a vehicle is because it requires a team effort to take it down. As in the vehicle you prefer finally has a way to be taken down. YES AA can shoot down planes, WTF you think it should be able to do take out tanks?
    The MAA dies easily, just that now it has a chance to kill planes. If you are lucky and have a team/squad that supports a MAA it is a powerful thing and requires a team to counter it. Isnt that the point?
  • rainkloud
    548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Saw lots of ppl complaining about the AA tank after Jan. patch, so I tried it last night and the video is what i found out.

Even for a noob tank driver like myself, I can still manage to dominate the entire air space while camping deep behind front line, stay safely away from anything.

AA tanks damage is just beyond crazy. As long as you are not a total rookie like myself , all fighters can be shot down within 2 seconds, and 4 secs for bombers.
    For a pilot, there is really not much he can do within that little period of time.

AA tanks range is the biggest problem. It can cover the whole infantry fighting area, means nowhere is safe for planes. This plus its too powerful damage vs planes makes the
    AA tank over powered.

My suggestion is nerf its damage back to the launch state last year, when the damage is decent enough compared to that in Dec. patch,
    or greatly nerf its range, so if aa tank wants some easy kills like those shown in the video, it has to move to the front line.

So the Quad flak is most likely broken. It would be much much more useful for people to post videos of the other Flak cannon and the two GBR ones. I can't seem to find anyone doing that. Any help there?
  • Sidorovich_IsGod
    168 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Khronikos wrote: »
    don't see the problem. I could go 26-0 in a prepatch scrubfire while eating a sammich and making a phone call. Still can if I've got a wingman on comms.

anyway it can't cover the whole map. Maybe 1/4 at a time on Twisted Steel and the bridge gets in the way all the time.

Sweatfires don't go past their own team's flags until the MAA is taken down by bombers/ground, and they'll never be hurt.

But god forbid I can't spawnrape the German plane spawn 24/7 and bombers might survive more than 4 seconds.

I mean, I think Dice still has a lot of balancing to do.

I agree, the 3x20mm on the British MAA is worthless and needs a buff

It should be at least as good as the 4x Flakpanzer since you're giving up your case round and can't get flaming onion.

Stationary AA needs a huge buff. Right now they're point farms for every plane type in the game. 1 rocket/bomb=ded

Stationary AA is fine, takes even more skill than tanks. It's at a good spot. 4x flakpanzer 20mm needs a range nerf, damage is fine.
  • Sidorovich_IsGod
    168 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 4

That seems to be the part that is being ignored in this debate. The argument that a plane can't fly straight at AA or MAA can be used against Infantry is meaningless. It is whether planes can still be used to hit targets without them completely dominating the whole map.

Doing this takes actual effort and an experienced pilot, unlike sitting in an MAA drinking a beer checking your email. Most people complaining about good plane scores can't fly for 30 seconds without even knowing what to do.
  • Sidorovich_IsGod
    edited February 4
    OP I hear you don't like how powerful a vehicle is because it requires a team effort to take it down. As in the vehicle you prefer finally has a way to be taken down. YES AA can shoot down planes, WTF you think it should be able to do take out tanks?
    The MAA dies easily, just that now it has a chance to kill planes. If you are lucky and have a team/squad that supports a MAA it is a powerful thing and requires a team to counter it. Isnt that the point?

Maybe if it didn't shoot from the uncap to the enemy uncap sure. OP is 100% correct in calling this out.
  • PrecisionWing
    632 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 4

it's true if there is a team effort in the first place. In 99% of time, enemy wont even bother to go all the way to the other side of the map where my AA tank is camping to take me out. cuz such team effort almost never exist.
    If you are such a team player, please join my squad, my job is to take out all the air vehicles from my plane, so not even a single bomber or anything that can fly in this game will ever bother you, and I will also kill as many enemy infantry as possible so your job will be much easier to accomplish.

And your job is simple, and that's your only job, take out enemy AA tank, even if it's camping at their uncap. Then the victory for our team is guaranteed.

I can do my part, can you do yours?
  • lSGT_WAR_DADDYl
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have a lot of flight time and I think the last patch (before the January patch) was the closest thing to balance we had.

5-10% damage increase and a 5-10% increase in splash damage would have been sufficient.

They were good and in pairs or with AA tanks or planes. Here is the thing with AA guns. They are everywhere and easily deployed.

-If you move between AA guns.
    -Only shoot when you are not in a vector for straffing/bombing.
    (When they aren't looking)
    -Work with someone to take them down.

They are very effective. If an AA guns dies a support can simply rebuild and keep shooting. Planes take 1 minute 30 seconds to respawn...
  • Hawxxeye
    5369 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 4
    Shrediron wrote: »
    Looks balanced to me. Planes can 1 shot tanks, entire squads.

What was it you said when AA was complete trash? "Call your fighter pilots to take down the bombers"

May I suggest that you need to git gud and call your infantry to 1 shot the tank.
    The air however has no red zone for the other team, meanwhile the ground does.
    Otherwise those killstreaks would be interrupted very often by 2 AT mines and a piat while the flakpanzer is busy laserbeaming in first person a random plane
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Khronikos wrote: »
    don't see the problem. I could go 26-0 in a prepatch scrubfire while eating a sammich and making a phone call. Still can if I've got a wingman on comms.

anyway it can't cover the whole map. Maybe 1/4 at a time on Twisted Steel and the bridge gets in the way all the time.

Sweatfires don't go past their own team's flags until the MAA is taken down by bombers/ground, and they'll never be hurt.

But god forbid I can't spawnrape the German plane spawn 24/7 and bombers might survive more than 4 seconds.

I mean, I think Dice still has a lot of balancing to do.

But you don't care about that because you stopped playing weeks ago, remember?
  • dutchmasta83
    353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I am not a pilot, but as infantry these tanks are very OP. An anti-air tank should not be able to shoot straight down at the ground next to it, or across the map, and shred infantry like they do. They are not anti-air in BFV, they are anti-infantry and that is how most players use them.
  • DingoKillr
    3513 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I can only go XX-0 when enemy team allows me to, even during last patch when dice nerfed AA, one dedicate AA tank can still preventing pilots getting lots of kills and zero death.
    What we are discussing here is AA's range and damage, if you think that's meaningless, then there is no need to join.
    What has been discuss is nothing like that, instead anyone who says AA is fine is being told to shut up. Yet another BF where those that mainly fly telling everyone how hard it is to fly while still getting xx-0.

Let's talk about range.
    If a MAA is camping in its red zone then why the hell does any pilot need to fly in that 1/2 of the map. We had people say it covers a 1/3 or 1/4 so what reason do you have to be flying that deep into the enemies air space without facing immediate death?
    If the MAA is not in its red zone then it is easily exposed to ground units.

Damage
    I am not a fan of 1 run takedown against vehicles be it bombs against tanks or panzerfaust against planes. While planes can still easily kill/destroy SAA which bombers do then MAA needs to be better.
    The reason planes are falling fast to MAA is the more damage to the front compared to the rear, which was part of the last patch, so if you are skilled enough to lead shoots many of those are going to hit the front. It is not damage that needs discussion it is velocity, drag or even TTL which are range issues.
  • SirBobdk
    4017 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 4

Then prove it with a video of you owning the sky with a spitfire and a wingman on a map which has flakpanzer. Otherwise, from your stats I can tell you were just lying.

"Owning the sky" is easy when you've got a butt buddy. Flakpanzer dies in a few seconds from one strafe run from each.

Bust still no thanks then I'd have to publicly fly the scrubfire and befriend a pilot scrub both of which are shameful.

I can show me owning the sky with another, far more elegant and refined vehicle if you prefer, tho.

Good luck strafing a flakpanzer with your 7-kill spitfire VB. LOL

why would I ever want to use the trash tier version?

That's like putting 37mm on the glorious flakpanzer. You could do it but why tho?

Then prove it with a video of you owning the sky with a spitfire and a wingman on a map which has flakpanzer. Otherwise, from your stats I can tell you were just lying.
    Flakpanzer dies in a few seconds from one strafe run from each.

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about.
    Show me a video how to kill an aa tank within seconds from air, like you said, one strafe.

you need a video on how to equip 250lb bombs/rockets, point your plane at a big slow metal box and click mouse 1?

Wow pilots are more handicapped than I thought.

VB is trash tier version?
    Maybe it's trash in your hand, not in mine.

credit where due that's a thicc k/D.

Shame I'm gonna have to beat it with my upcoming base camping AA alt

Then you'd better hurry, beat mine before the next patch when your wheelchair will be useless again.
    No doubt this will happen. Devs are not blind. They can also see how ridiculous it is.

• PrecisionWing

What has been discuss is nothing like that, instead anyone who says AA is fine is being told to shut up. Yet another BF where those that mainly fly telling everyone how hard it is to fly while still getting xx-0.

Let's talk about range.
    If a MAA is camping in its red zone then why the hell does any pilot need to fly in that 1/2 of the map. We had people say it covers a 1/3 or 1/4 so what reason do you have to be flying that deep into the enemies air space without facing immediate death?
    If the MAA is not in its red zone then it is easily exposed to ground units.

Since the only air vehicle you used is the C47, which is not a real air vehicle in this game in the first place, let me explain some simple facts to you.
    No pilots want to fly into AA's kill zone, but even while camping at their red zone, MAA can still cover at least half the map, (dont know where your ppl came to the conclusion of only 1/3 or 1/4 coverage) For a plane to attack ground target, they need to pull up after the bomb/gun run, which will also cover distance, so even if a well calculated A2G fly, due to the MAA's range and the size of the map, it's very hard to simply "stay away" from MAA's range.

What's the difference btw camping with the red zone and camping 50m away from the redzone? do you really think the enemy team will or even can go all the way to the other side of the map to kill an aa tank? You saw that bomber pilot I killed couple times in my videos, he did came to destroy my tank with his teammates, but thanks to dice, MAA is even more effective against infantry.

Damage
    I am not a fan of 1 run takedown against vehicles be it bombs against tanks or panzerfaust against planes. While planes can still easily kill/destroy SAA which bombers do then MAA needs to be better.
    The reason planes are falling fast to MAA is the more damage to the front compared to the rear, which was part of the last patch, so if you are skilled enough to lead shoots many of those are going to hit the front. It is not damage that needs discussion it is velocity, drag or even TTL which are range issues.

I never said SAA is op, the problem we have here is the MAA. And as shown in the video, bombers cant even get close to MAA before getting shot down, due to MAA's range and damage. And you dont need skill to lead that MAA rounds due to its fast velocity, im not even a good tank driver yet still managed to kill everything that can fly in that round.

Like what I told you since bf4, you should use both vehicles before making comments. You basically never used neither air nor ground vehicles, which makes you lack the experience to fully understand the issue here.
    What you mentioned in this post, in theory, is not wrong, I can give you that. But in real game, things just wont be like that.
  • GrizzGolf
    965 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I wish I could fly that good
  • naitch44
    666 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Planes are still doing just fine with this patch, the MAA is too busy trying to farm infantry.
  • Autorotor
    221 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The fact that the AA tank is super powerful against infantry and other tanks makes me cringe. Like wtf!?!?

There's enough of exploiting noobs in this game all ready. Pls stop catering them DICE!

A reminder to DICE..

AA= anti aircraft in case you didn't know.
    Aircraft = Those things with awfull physics that buzz around in the sky.