Weekly BF

Support (MMG) is now NERFED back to the stone age in BF5

Comments

• Khomrad_Dredge
    51 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't get this complaint, every time I pick up a MMG in appropiate circumstance I end up doing far better kills wise than doing run&gun gameplay as assault or even medic. Am I doing something wrong? ;)

No your doing everything right, and thats the problem. Dice will listen to those Run and Gunners going on about you "camping"
    You played the MMG correctly you played to its strengths...Here have a nerf
  • Jezzzeh
    753 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    As stated earlier. I'd remove assaults 3x scope and it'll instantly rebalance a lot of the problems people feel. This isn't bashing on assault either, I play it myself with 50 hours playing the role. I also play medic and support, little less than 50 hours in each.

I just feel assault has all the offensive cards with no drawbacks to speak of. I literally can't think of one aside from perhaps a reliance on Ammo/health maybe. Having played 50 hours in the role I've experienced very little trouble finding either ammo or health with a little effort.

I dislike saying things like this but for the sake of brevity......

"assault is OP"
  • Austacker
    430 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I don't get this complaint, every time I pick up a MMG in appropiate circumstance I end up doing far better kills wise than doing run&gun gameplay as assault or even medic. Am I doing something wrong? ;)

You need to have more experience with the spec to appreciate the frustration felt when trying to main it in BF5.

MMGs got a LOT of nerfs from previous Battlefield games this time with absolutely zero benefits added.

It's not fit for purpose.

Anecdotal KDR claims on such small sample sizes really doesn't properly represent the issues at all and are just cynically disingenuous to those that do main this spec.

I could go play Sniper for a few hours - camp 7 miles back - get 30:1 KDR and claim here that 'Sniper is fine!' and you watch the howls of anguish and gnashing of teeth that would pop up!
  • Thacyoon
    90 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Kayback wrote: »
    I am also a Supporter Main, and I love my MMGs. Yeah I can hear a lot of "camping" stuff in chat against me, but hey, WHAT CAN I DO ELSE? I can hipfire to alomost everywhere with that guns, but i will never hit something. Its just not a run and gun weapon. and I am sure, all that camper cryers would be cry lots of more rivers, if an mg34 or mg42 would be able to run and gun AND aim while walking. Everyonoe would run with 250 round mag upgrade on the 42 and mow down everyone on his way. Im sure we all dont want to see that!

My favoruite is the mg34 with 75 round upgrade. its just more precious on mid- / longrange. Mg42 is for defending a Flag in shortrange or against planes if u dont have anything else to do.

Most important for the MMG gunner of today is, that he know what his role is. Its not to lead a group of soldiers in enemy territory. its also not to lone-wolfing around to capture flags (possible, but not the primary function of MMG soldier)

His role is about to defend an Area/Flag/whatever. His secondary role is to support an attacking group to give covering fire and/or supression fire.

While retreating, he also is able to drop some Anti Tank Mines ( I already got silver plate dogtag for kills with AT Mines ;) ) or Anti Person Mines. OR if he is at Frontline and his mates are retrating right towards him, he can give supportfire over their heads at the following enemys.

Whatever the Situation is, he is "Supporter". Not only for Ammo Crates, also for Supporting Fire. And he is a good defender. He is NOT a good frontline-assault-running-in-and-take-everything-alone-guy.

And if you know something about WW2, you also know that an MG42 was a damn feared weapon in Axis Hands. Noone would call an MG42-Nest a bunch of noobs and bipod campers in the early 1940's. Be sure about that ;)

LOL I was laughed at for camping a flag with hh my MMG the other day. I killed about 8 players who rushed a flag without securing the flanks and I happened to mow them down one after the other.

I was accused of both camping and using a low skill weapon to prevent them taking a flag. Which they achieved anyway because of medic training and eventually overwhelming my position.

Insults, calling me a camper and accusing me of only playing to my KDR while I denied them a flag and got a bunch of defender points. Ummm seriously how else am I meant to play support? Give the enemy reloads while they capture my team's flags?

I feel your pain...we are just low life noob campers when using our MMG -> forced prone bipodded.
  • asittingduck
    188 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I am also a Supporter Main, and I love my MMGs. Yeah I can hear a lot of "camping" stuff in chat against me, but hey, WHAT CAN I DO ELSE? I can hipfire to alomost everywhere with that guns, but i will never hit something. Its just not a run and gun weapon. and I am sure, all that camper cryers would be cry lots of more rivers, if an mg34 or mg42 would be able to run and gun AND aim while walking. Everyonoe would run with 250 round mag upgrade on the 42 and mow down everyone on his way. Im sure we all dont want to see that!

My favoruite is the mg34 with 75 round upgrade. its just more precious on mid- / longrange. Mg42 is for defending a Flag in shortrange or against planes if u dont have anything else to do.

Most important for the MMG gunner of today is, that he know what his role is. Its not to lead a group of soldiers in enemy territory. its also not to lone-wolfing around to capture flags (possible, but not the primary function of MMG soldier)

His role is about to defend an Area/Flag/whatever. His secondary role is to support an attacking group to give covering fire and/or supression fire.

While retreating, he also is able to drop some Anti Tank Mines ( I already got silver plate dogtag for kills with AT Mines ;) ) or Anti Person Mines. OR if he is at Frontline and his mates are retrating right towards him, he can give supportfire over their heads at the following enemys.

Whatever the Situation is, he is "Supporter". Not only for Ammo Crates, also for Supporting Fire. And he is a good defender. He is NOT a good frontline-assault-running-in-and-take-everything-alone-guy.

And if you know something about WW2, you also know that an MG42 was a damn feared weapon in Axis Hands. Noone would call an MG42-Nest a bunch of noobs and bipod campers in the early 1940's. Be sure about that ;)

LOL I was laughed at for camping a flag with hh my MMG the other day. I killed about 8 players who rushed a flag without securing the flanks and I happened to mow them down one after the other.

I was accused of both camping and using a low skill weapon to prevent them taking a flag. Which they achieved anyway because of medic training and eventually overwhelming my position.

Insults, calling me a camper and accusing me of only playing to my KDR while I denied them a flag and got a bunch of defender points. Ummm seriously how else am I meant to play support? Give the enemy reloads while they capture my team's flags?

I'm just another low life mmg noob, played mmg since bf2 in 2005, like I tell my friends why use 2 bullets when 250 will do the same job lol.

It makes my laugh getting accused of camping when the mmg has to be used with the bypod so best used prone. And isn't capping flags and defending flags part of the game.
    I just ignore the ignorant fools.
  • Staazvaind
    99 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    run n gun takes all the advantages you can have from a bad netcode combined with high runspeed like in bf5.
    calling anything skilled is just putting your own desire over others - nothing more - nothing less.
  • Cerben1
    265 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    when your called MMG Cancer 4 maps in a row your doing it right i gess =D mg42 whit 1200 rpm spec is fun attacking whit the new bipod and defending is also fun
  • GiovannY-398
    776 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Aww... What's wrong? You can't camp anymore with your bipod out behind cover/ proned out and laser anyone that happens to run around the corner? I'm welling up with tears...

Isn't that totally normal when someone defends an objective?
  • Thacyoon
    90 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 6
    Cerben1 wrote: »
    when your called MMG Cancer 4 maps in a row your doing it right i gess =D mg42 whit 1200 rpm spec is fun attacking whit the new bipod and defending is also fun

Well, the problem is that DICE nerfed (increased recoil and spread) all weapons using a bipod and beeing prone in a recent patch (DICE called it a 'fix'). This 'fix' is very noticable when using the MG42, but also with all weapons with bipod, and all MMG's REQUIRE the operator to be (prone) on bipod.

DICE, the nerf to the MMG's was way to much. The whole support/MMG class is now nerfed back to the stoneage in BF5 (compared to BF3/4/1).

MMG's (MG42) are NOT laser weapons (never was). Assault is the only class with laser weapons. Assault is so OP that it is almost funny (almost).
  • Kayback
    367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I'm just another low life mmg noob, played mmg since bf2 in 2005, like I tell my friends why use 2 bullets when 250 will do the same job lol.

It makes my laugh getting accused of camping when the mmg has to be used with the bypod so best used prone. And isn't capping flags and defending flags part of the game.
    I just ignore the ignorant fools.

I used to rock the PKM in BF2 even before the patch which made then useful. It was a beast in a very niche way. But then so was the 870 for batting bunny hopper noob tubers. Good times.

I liked the addition of bipod in the later games. I love how you can set up and dominate a position. Right up until an ADAD sniper one shots you even while you are hitting him.

But yeah. My most played kit in BF5 is Support.
  • Cerben1
    265 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Thacyoon wrote: »
    Cerben1 wrote: »

Well, the problem is that DICE nerfed (increased recoil and spread) all weapons using a bipod and beeing prone in a recent patch (DICE called it a 'fix'). This 'fix' is very noticable when using the MG42, but also with all weapons with bipod, and all MMG's REQUIRE the operator to be (prone) on bipod.

DICE, the nerf to the MMG's was way to much. The whole support/MMG class is now nerfed back to the stoneage in BF5 (compared to BF3/4/1).

MMG's (MG42) are NOT laser weapons (never was). Assault is the only class with laser weapons. Assault is so OP that it is almost funny (almost).

i know that MMGs need an buff and support in general have weaker weapons then assault and recon but the new bipod is good as it works. from playing Support 60% of my time in BF5 i have gone to more and more Assault as its so mutch better in every range there AKs are better then any LMG and ther semi autos are just almost laser-weapons pick as fast as you can on left mouse-button and you win. i even kill more whit Medic this days then whit support as the smgs have an niche i still have around 600kills whit every mmg in game and some of the lmgs as well
  • Thacyoon
    DICE/EA,

1. MMG: Reduce recoil when prone and bipoded with a MMG (yes, folks, the MMG's are far from laser weapons as it is now).
    2. ALL WEAPONS: Remove the bipod from all weapons when prone and on the back (I don't care).
    3. ALL WEAPONS: Increase the duration and effect of the (already implemented) weapon sight swaying when hit (it is barely noticeable as it is now).
    4. MMG: Implement a stronger swaying duration and effect when hit by a MMG.
    5. ALL WEAPONS: Add global weapon sight swaying when ADAD twitching.
  • Skitelz7
    925 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    There was a bug that made the crouch/prone recoil reduction stack with the bipod reduction. All they did was fix the bug so the reductions don't stack anymore, like it was meant to be.
    I also hope they remove the ability to deploy the bipod while laying on your back because that just doesn't make sense.
  • Skitelz7
    925 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    heresPaul wrote: »
    Aww... What's wrong? You can't camp anymore with your bipod out behind cover/ proned out and laser anyone that happens to run around the corner? I'm welling up with tears...

So how exactly are you supposed to play with a MMG?

By deploying the bipod on objects such as railings and sandbags. Or if you're feeling funny, by laying on the ground like all the noobs do.
  • Thacyoon
    edited February 7
    Skitelz7 wrote: »
    There was a bug that made the crouch/prone recoil reduction stack with the bipod reduction. All they did was fix the bug so the reductions don't stack anymore, like it was meant to be.
    I also hope they remove the ability to deploy the bipod while laying on your back because that just doesn't make sense.

Well, this "bug fix" nerfed the MMG's way to much. Please read the list 1-5 above you post. I think this list is good, and it is a global change, not only Support and MMG. I can't believe how nerfed the support class weapons are in BF5 -> nerf after nerf after nerf.

The assault class is so OP that you never see a single "buff assault" post in this forum.
  • Thacyoon
    edited February 7

By deploying the bipod on objects such as railings and sandbags. Or if you're feeling funny, by laying on the ground like all the noobs do.

So by defending a flag with my MG-42 I am just a noob?
    Do you know that you have to be prone and bipoded on the gound (like all the funny noobs) when using a MMG?
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 7
    Thacyoon wrote: »

So by defending a flag with my MG-42 I am just a noob?
    Do you know that you have to be prone and bipoded on the gound (like all the funny noobs) when using a MMG?

You don't have to be prone as he literally said in the post you quoted. He's saying you should try to use objects for your bipod while crouching or standing instead. It gives you more mobility as you're able to more quickly relocate or avoid danger from a standing position.

Which makes perfect sense. Of course you can't always do that. Sometimes you'll need to go proneLn but it's certainly preferable to shoot from a standing or crouched position from behind cover so that you can move more freely.
  • SirTerrible
    1710 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    When I use an MMG I bipod crouched or standing almost all the time. If they fixed bipods (lol @ the last "fix") I'd probably use them more often just because it's a unique playstyle and it makes the game feel fresh. I have zero issues with the spread or recoil, it's the bipods not correctly deploying on every object and the lack of chest high objects in general around the maps that is the problem for me. Once I'm set up it's melt city.
  • Khomrad_Dredge
    51 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 8
    eff90704e105df7e969f557c96d2661f.jpg

Idea since everyone complains MMG users are campers I think this'll fix it.
    Also if the this was caused by a "bug" that allowed stacking recoil reduction, then it just goes to show that the MMGs might need a recoil reduction buff any way if this is there "intended" state
    Post edited by Khomrad_Dredge on