so , planning on buying Battlefield V or not?

Comments

• Faylum
    419 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    warslag wrote: »
    @warslag wrote
    I wouldn't have bought BF1 if it wasn't for a friend who twisted my arm. I probably won't buy BFV either as Battlefield doesn't seem to be the big powerful game that once it was.
    Imo BFV is far better than BF1 in terms of infantry and gun play, but that's also the negative aspect of the game.
    There's simply too little vehicle play in the game. Planes are ok, but tanks are more or less boring and most of the maps are not designed for tanks.
    There is something missing before I think this BF will be really good. Right now, it's more or less headless run and gun. Fun but not in the long run.

I've been playing GTA V recently after 2 years away, and it has far more vehicles than Battlefield. There is such a variety of land, air and sea vehicles in GTA V that it just makes Battlefield look silly.

I think a lot of BF2 players probably thought that Battlefield would eventually evolve into something like GTA V but with a military setting. Now GTA V is so militarised it's easily a better FPS game than Battlefield.

Battlefield is great if you want to have the latest PC hardware and see how far you can push it with the graphics settings. The rest of it is a patchwork of gameplay that has been nerfed. It's a game built based on demographics.

When you think of how a YouTuber lost his account (he's got it back again) because he fed a 'feminist' to an alligator then look at what happened with the controversy surrounding Battlefield you realise that RDR2 and GTA V are exactly the games the developers wanted them to be and Battlefield is a game designed to not upset it's various groups. Battlefield doesn't seem to evolve.

I will still consider BFV but not at the price they're asking. It's just not worth it.

Well what do you expect the Battlefield devs look like tree hugging stoners. When you look at the people who do the live streams you do not get the sense that they are professional. And most importantly they are Swedish men... Nuff said!
  • opsis_1
    119 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    No..we need naval combat..destroyers, battleships, aircraft carriers, subs. Bring back runways and aircraft carriers defended with flak cannons. Game has gotten way too soft.
  • guinness54321
    204 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Still holding off. I want to see where mechanics, ttk and all are in a few months.
  • WALKINGCORPSE1
    490 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    still haven't bought it yet
  • suffice_ls
    486 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

I second that...apart from the word "yet". Lol.
  • warslag
    1183 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I definitely still open to buying BF:V - at the right price.

I'm worried about MAA and whether MAA will be in Firestorm, and cheating.
  • WALKINGCORPSE1
    490 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    suffice_ls wrote: »

I second that...apart from the word "yet". Lol.

haha
  • RossP317
    158 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Still waiting too. Will give it till the next couple of updates though. If it still looks half finished as it seems then I will probably just leave it.
  • Vinicarioca
    230 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bought it on december and put 150 hours on it.

Game need some improvements, tweaks and more content. But i having a lot of fun.

Totally worth to me...
  • WALKINGCORPSE1
    Bought it on december and put 150 hours on it.

Game need some improvements, tweaks and more content. But i having a lot of fun.

Totally worth to me...

as long as your happy, that's all that matters.
  • Damalio
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Game needs online MP/Coop AI Bots like in the earlier versions of BF before I will purchase. I love FPS games but really don't want to play against other people. I want to get home from work and kill in a game like this with some friends against AI without drama of other people.
  • WALKINGCORPSE1
    Damalio wrote: »
    Game needs online MP/Coop AI Bots like in the earlier versions of BF before I will purchase. I love FPS games but really don't want to play against other people. I want to get home from work and kill in a game like this with some friends against AI without drama of other people.

arma3 is a great game for that, i like to do the same, there's a ton of sp maps on the workshop there, love it
  • opsis_1
    119 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I just received it along with Anthem with purchase of rtx 2080. I'm going to wait till firestorm to install. Honestly.unless Pacific and or D day ..I would not purchase,