Visibility is broken and need a fix asap !

Comments

• tempo_rarity
    1247 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Someone finally said it - just like I knew they would - because I feel it IS The Main Issue .
    They said "i like to move around" - which we also know to mean as - 'I enjoy Run-n-Gun' .
    The curious question lurking in the shadows jumps forth on this : What if you didn't?
    What if you and everyone else took the time and effort to become more aware of their surroundings?
    Campers would soon die of boredom and the species would eventually go extinct , right?

Thankfully , that'll never happen .
    There's just no way that you and everyone else will EVER play THAT cautiously .
    But amazingly , some do .
    Why?
    . . because in Battlefield Games ; where WE ARE , you CAN :open_mouth:

I'll put it another way :
    V (4 too) is (was) cleverly being built to draw in Players from the 'other game' .
    Their playstyle quite often collides directly with The 'BF-style' .
    well . . That's a WAR isn't it!
    The 'visibility' and the lack of it is perfect , for THIS Game .

Uh-oh . . . 'Math' wants to muscle in on this discussion - I'll try to translate as best I can (cos you don't say no to Math):
    . . something about . . . . . Player role percentages . . Determination levels . . Times passage . . . . . . oh nice!
    It says : 'The Rock That Shoots 'Now' Won't Be The Same 'Then' '.
    I think what it means to say is that Snipers and Campers in V should enjoy those spots now , while they can .
    Right now , they're the go-to spots for many Kills but soon everyone will know that those are the spots to go to to GET a single Kill :tongue:

tl;dr? Don't mess with evolution
  • Weddellrobben
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    In training in the army I was standing against a bush in plain sight playing ambush ****. I had a little bit of bush over my head. 6 guys stopped in front of me and did not see me in the old woodland green camo.

Also my wife took me to a field training exercise in Kansas. I had been setting up camo nets all week on the tents. I said stop here. She said what? What's here. I said you seriously don't see the 45 tents and trucks covered in camo nets. Nope. Took people moving for her to see them.

People can effectively play dead in this but I typically see them but think they are dead. I think it's a good thing. We should not stand out like sore thumb when we are wearing camo that matches the terrain. I change my pattern each map to match the map.

man , brother , friend , this is a casual shooter game , its an acrade game to its core with a twist : vechicles and huge maps , no matter what some people tell you , this has been so with all the battlefields , they never were super realistic combat situations .

Now lets actually follow your idea , if we follow it then not only should the visibility remain the same but we should also change the time to kill , in real life 1 bullet does the job , so lets add that in battlefield too , 1 bullet and youre dead because "thats how it is in the real life" , weapon recoil should perfectly match the real life too ...imagine that... you see how bad your argument is ? its just a casual shooter game bro , its not a real life simulation army world war 2 game

Battlefield always had its up and downs with visibilty. In BFBC2 you had HORRENDOUS spotting which made doritos shown through solid rocks and walls. That was a shitshow. However snipers with their ghillie suits were really hard to spot. When you were in a gunfight with them 20meters out and they stopped moving you sometimes lost vision on them.
    I like that I can play some BFs like 3 and 4 where people are magically illuminated in a dark room so even a blind person can find their target and mow them down with their AEK and I like there are other BFs in which its more difficult to find the enemy.
  • Major_Pungspark
    1526 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    Under the bridge on Hamada someone throw himself down when I was looking for him, I actually had a clear view from ledge above, and had to fire until I started to get hitmarkers. Also people that have played an hour in total and probably don´t even seen all the maps, maybe should stay in the freaking game for a couple of hours until they hit the forum.
  • Vinicarioca
    230 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    To me visibility is fine, 1-2 deaths recent because i see the downed player and think that he's dead... but no.

But i play near on my TV... and is 60'' and 4k. So... i'm not like everyone.
  • SHlTTYSNIPER
    101 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TFBisquit wrote: »
    I'm always amazed about people ignoring the snake, even if it bites them in the behind.
    While some of you see them all, the replay in slowmo clearly shows player characters becoming one with the background.
    This is undesirable for any video game.

amen brother !
  • SHlTTYSNIPER
    101 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    i love how developers keep quiet
  • Rattoner
    330 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Santini3 wrote: »
    I have to say that I like visibility where it's at. My squad and I do fine. We consistently top the scorecard in score and kills. I think it's really a matter of people not wanting to adapt and slow their game down. People have gotten SO used to 3d spotting and players appearing on their minimap that they forgot how to use their eyes.

I like the realism the current situation provides. You can actually flank now undetected without the risk of a noob mashing his spot button lighting you up like a Christmas tree because he "thinks there might be someone in that general direction."

Maybe I'm in the minority though. I've always preferred more hardcore shooters like red orchestra and the like where you have to play more like a you're in a real life situation and you have to value each life more. That also applies to the guy who said that we spend "too much time dead in this game". Well... to that I would say yeah.. if you're bad, dont want to think while you move, and don't value each ticket (life) you have then yes you will spend more time dead. But if you do the opposite and play tactically then you'll get more enjoyment out of it.

I guess threads like this show how casual the BF community is getting (and I don't mean that distespectfully... to each their own). People don't want to invest time and effort into getting better anymore. Others, like me, love the challenge and love the realism.

Most people dont care about realism in a casual shooter like BF, which has always been casual.

If you want to talk about realism, how realistic is it to throw dynamite 20 meters and wirelessly detonate it in a ww2 scenario.

How about the fact that there is almost no recoil on guns.

Sniper scopes have glint, but not assault scopes. Magic

Realism argument is ****. People want a fun non frustrating casual game.

it seems some people have build their gameplay around this visibility abusing prone sitting in a corner or on some rocks meta , if this changes you would take away their crutches not beeing able to walk and not even prone like before ...they already had a walking problem but they were awarded for beeing prone by becoming invisible , now if you fix it and allow people to tell wich one is a rock and wich one is the enemy...thats the end , you cant walk and now you cant even prone gg lmao

You do realize that there are guns in game that are only effective if the player is prone right?

Visibity is fine. Stop expecting dice to hold your had with a dayglow outline around players.
  • QHUNK9000
    307 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Does any one remember how they adressed this in incursions? ? Lightning issues.
  • Pyr0Plazma
    404 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    reposting this again since once again people are bring in the "Camouflage!" argument.

The amount of people who don't understand how camouflage works is astounding. But hey I'm just gonna repost my previous response AGAIN!

"I've played almost 400 hours of Bf4 since launch and have literally no recollection/memory of ever seeing a thread pertaining to not being to see enemy players. I've never had a moment in BF4 where I got killed by someone in front of me in plain sight close range that I couldnt see. In BF4 I've never had an issue with discerning whether of not someone lying on the ground is a corpse or a prone player, and all of this was regardless of 3D spotting. The only instances of people complaining about player visibility on BF1 were in relation to the night maps which is a different story all together.

My last sentence was to highlight that concealment has been a part of battlefield for a while just rendered moot by 3D spotting. I think YOU are overestimating the nature of 3D in game where the average player engagement takes place around 10-50 meters not 150+ where concealment is and should always be a non factor.

3D would only half solve the problem since at the very least if nothing else 3D spotting marks would appear over players. Wouldn't change the fact the players themselves are far to hard to spot.

"Lol all I hear is "the gray uniforms blend too well with the gray rocks and buildings". People act like they don't know what camoflauge is, like you should be able to instantaneously discern an enemy from thier environment at a passing glance even if they're actively trying to conceal themselves. Lol, you think visibility is bad in this game? Play a milsim."

It's you who and all of the folks defending this who don't understand what camouflage is or how it works. I spent 3 years in the US Army and naturally wore camouflage daily and rode/drove around in a M1A2 SEPV2 painted tan as with the rest of our vehicles in deserts/dry environments. Camouflage/subdued colors work by breaking up the users outline making them not stand out AT A DISTANCE!

Sure Multicam/Scorpion W2 is an effective camouflage as is tan in desert environments but that stuff works in the real world because in real life engagements happen at hundreds of meters away not the 10's in Battlefield games. A guy 300 meters away crouched wearing Multicam/Scorpion W2 would be difficult to see but at 50 meters crouched or no you'd still plainly be able to see him. Tan stationary vehicles can be difficult to see 800+ meters away (this is normal and somewhat short ranged for tanks) but if the tanks where literally 50-100 meters even if the tank itself war painted camouflage you'd still see it clear as day.

You people act like you put on some camouflage and all of a sudden you're a ****ing chameleon or some ****. Camouflage should be a non factor 95% in Battlefield because the engagement ranges are too short for it actually matter. Oh and yes and I'm saying that I shouldn't have to actively "look" to find prone and crouching players. Yes you SHOULD be sticking out in most cases especially within 20 meters unless you're hiding in a bush or some ****.

ACUCouch.jpg

See this is what camo looks like IRL. Obviously this guy is blending in nearly perfectly with the couch but it still doesn't change the fact and the close range the picture was taken you can still unequivocally tell in an instant that is a human being.

Heres another example with multicam and in an actual outdoor environment. Notice how within the relatively short range the camera is from him you can still tell at a glance where he is? To reiterate what I said earlier, at a distance I absolutely understand not seeing concealed players. But fire fights past 50 meters are so rare this should be a borderline non issue.

edit: People hiding in crap like bushes is also fair game by me. That's more of an issue with unsynced players models meaning their barrel can be pointed at the ground yet in reality they are aiming right at you.

edit2: Yes I've played sim games like Squad, ARMA and Operation Flashpoint. Those are obviously sim games where firefights take place from much further away on average. Even sill in those game I'd argue to a certain extent camouflaged players are exaggerated (especially in squad). Thank goodness Battlefield is an arcade shooter."
  • ballFetcher
    122 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This video was Published on Dec 11, 2018. Perhaps taken before that? Sort of old post and probably a grab for more views (even though the topic still is relevant, not denying problems exist). Information regarding build version and graphics setup seem to be missing (besides 4k). Before or after visibility patches?

• tempo_rarity
    1247 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ^ ". . I shouldn't have to actively look for . ." and there , a chuckle escapes me .
    Ye-eeah , you should have to look .

Whenever a rock or debris kills me , it's usually because I've foolishly thought it to be unarmed .
    Already , that doesn't happen as much . . . and all I've had to do was assume that every rock or debris will shoot at me .
    Simple , and I sort of just got here , am still uncertain-of-lots , and am not that good to begin with .

So I'm forced to ask a new question : What's your excuse?
    In my opinion I'd say it's Run-n-Gun . There just isn't enough stopping to smell the roses .
    Ease up on the racing around a bit and take in more of the gorgeous scenery .
    You'll get better mileage AND see the radar traps ahead of you .
  • DayZEternal1
    121 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ^ ". . I shouldn't have to actively look for . ." and there , a chuckle escapes me .
    Ye-eeah , you should have to look .

Whenever a rock or debris kills me , it's usually because I've foolishly thought it to be unarmed .
    Already , that doesn't happen as much . . . and all I've had to do was assume that every rock or debris will shoot at me .
    Simple , and I sort of just got here , am still uncertain-of-lots , and am not that good to begin with .

So I'm forced to ask a new question : What's your excuse?
    In my opinion I'd say it's Run-n-Gun . There just isn't enough stopping to smell the roses .
    Ease up on the racing around a bit and take in more of the gorgeous scenery .
    You'll get better mileage AND see the radar traps ahead of you .

I feel like this is trolling. Anyone that defends the poor visibility, a reoccurring topic that at this point it's not just some guy whining, usually takes advantage of it.
  • Hawxxeye
    6892 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Personally I'm not going to bother arguing this. Ive been playing once or twice a week for a while now and I'll likely stop all together until the visibility and the netcode are improved.
    this + class/vehicle balance + team balance
    It is getting tiring to still be beta testing the game for DICE after ~3 months.
  • SHlTTYSNIPER
    Shrediron wrote: »
    Santini3 wrote: »
    I have to say that I like visibility where it's at. My squad and I do fine. We consistently top the scorecard in score and kills. I think it's really a matter of people not wanting to adapt and slow their game down. People have gotten SO used to 3d spotting and players appearing on their minimap that they forgot how to use their eyes.

I like the realism the current situation provides. You can actually flank now undetected without the risk of a noob mashing his spot button lighting you up like a Christmas tree because he "thinks there might be someone in that general direction."

Maybe I'm in the minority though. I've always preferred more hardcore shooters like red orchestra and the like where you have to play more like a you're in a real life situation and you have to value each life more. That also applies to the guy who said that we spend "too much time dead in this game". Well... to that I would say yeah.. if you're bad, dont want to think while you move, and don't value each ticket (life) you have then yes you will spend more time dead. But if you do the opposite and play tactically then you'll get more enjoyment out of it.

I guess threads like this show how casual the BF community is getting (and I don't mean that distespectfully... to each their own). People don't want to invest time and effort into getting better anymore. Others, like me, love the challenge and love the realism.

Most people dont care about realism in a casual shooter like BF, which has always been casual.

If you want to talk about realism, how realistic is it to throw dynamite 20 meters and wirelessly detonate it in a ww2 scenario.

How about the fact that there is almost no recoil on guns.

Sniper scopes have glint, but not assault scopes. Magic

Realism argument is ****. People want a fun non frustrating casual game.

it seems some people have build their gameplay around this visibility abusing prone sitting in a corner or on some rocks meta , if this changes you would take away their crutches not beeing able to walk and not even prone like before ...they already had a walking problem but they were awarded for beeing prone by becoming invisible , now if you fix it and allow people to tell wich one is a rock and wich one is the enemy...thats the end , you cant walk and now you cant even prone gg lmao

You do realize that there are guns in game that are only effective if the player is prone right?

Visibity is fine. Stop expecting dice to hold your had with a dayglow outline around players.

nothing wrong with sitting prone , i just want to see the prone player when im looking at him , you know ...like in any other game ?

you'll never see me sitting 300+ meters away with the mg42, you're just dead as soon as i let you get in the open. other than that, i suggest bunny hopping if they are prone. they will have to work for it atleast if its up close

thats not what the video i posted is showcasing , take a closer look . Your argument makes no sense.
  • CracKxEm
    82 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    you people are blind sheep.

in the back of my mind im just hoping your all just a bunch of trolls...messing with the devs...