Cheaters video going "viral"

m4derr
8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited February 2019
Well, if you are playing FPS for a while, you might know the youtuber Rogue-9.

Anyway, he did a video about cheaters in BFV to denounce the fact that there is no anti-cheat (or at least one that is working) in this game.

The situation looks worst than what i thought.

I have already encountered average+/good players that seemed not legit for me.

Seeing a guy going 50/10 when every other top players have 30 kills, i know it is possible that something is wrong, especially when you see this guy running around all the time getting 3 kills/minute during the whole game.

Note that the developpers didn't respect their engagement in fighting the cheaters...

Here is the video :

Removed video as it contained usernames of other users because naming and shaming is not permitted. ~Rtas
Post edited by EA_Rtas on

Comments

• VincentNZ
    3885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Well in the beginning he just explains why BFV is a failed game, in his opinion. Then it is just a compilation of possible or obvious cheaters. Does he explain how he finds them? Or does he analyze how frequent and relevant they are? This video is nothing but a showcase and for personal gain, but is used as solid proof that anti-cheat is not working, which it just isn't. It is just an opinion.
    We have fairfight running since 2015 and it has always worked. Yet even then everybody complained. Why should it have stopped working now all of the sudden? And why would DICE say anything about their anti-cheat measures other than it is there? Do you want to know how the algorithm works exactly? Are you so skilled and educated in that area that you could fully understand it? Why would they release numbers? What good would that do, when we do not have player numbers?
    Identifying a cheater is more than just watching a guy for five minutes in the spectator cam. But it is just easier to tell oneself that the game is full of them, and one could have done nothing to win.
  • Bromance_GK
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    First and foremost all anticheat is reactive just like security software. Meaning someone has to create the virus before you can defend against it. Just because a person is doing wrong doesn't mean they are dumb, generally they are the same type of person.

End of the day, you can minimize, but never fully remove. One of the reasons (supposedly) they don't allow community run servers is to ensure all anticheat is running and up to date. Fair fight is arguably the better as it takes parameters from Dice and checks a players stats against it. If, for example, you have %100 headshots, with 10 shots probably fine, now 100% with 3000 rounds, definitely an issue.

As always though, you have exceptions. For example a shotgun can have over 100% because it has more then one possible hit per fire. Etc..

Keep in mind performance too. Old punk buster use to scan your system and take random screen shots which caused huge lag spikes (people blame "network code") which has all but eliminated now. If a scan is done, it's while loading and connecting to server. But your os (rightfully so) limits access to folders outside of the installed files. So it's almost worthless.

• macktiz45
    47 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I got pretty tired of the pc cheaters on BF3, so I now only play shooters on Xbox one, and it has been great as far as that issue (except now xim tryhards have reared their ugly heads).

Maybe fairfight helped, I can’t say from experience after switching to Xbox, but back in the old punkbuster days, I remember sometimes seeing as many as 8-10 cheaters getting booted when PB rolled out a new update. Yes... that’s EIGHT to TEN cheaters in a 64-player server... you could see it happening in the chat log because PB announced it.

Granted there were other times when it only got one or two. But still, if there were that many cheaters a few years ago, *THAT WERE CAUGHT* why do some people seem to insist that there are somehow gonna be less cheaters now? What- they just decided to give up cheating out of the goodness of their hearts? Lol. A cheaters gonna cheat. I’d love to know how effective fairfight really is.
  • Dr_Steamfur
    337 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The cheating in this game is rampant. You can bet on average that 10% of the players in your game are cheating.
  • American_Outlaw
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Obviously DICE doesnt give a rats *** about stopping or banning cheaters. I had a cheater in 4 out of the 6 games I played last night... finally gave up and played APEX Legends... Its gotten the point that servers just empty out when cheaters are playing... so sad!!!
  • italickus
    394 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Youtuber AKA-ART released a video few hours ago. Watch it
  • SmokeDawgie
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    This is why I now play FPS games on consoles only.
    I use my pc for single player games only....

It took a long time to get used to using a controller, but in the end it has been a great move.

I actually enjoy my battlefield games again.
  • italickus
    394 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Obviously DICE doesnt give a rats *** about stopping or banning cheaters. I had a cheater in 4 out of the 6 games I played last night... finally gave up and played APEX Legends... Its gotten the point that servers just empty out when cheaters are playing... so sad!!!

I'll finish Resident Evil 2 first, then the 20th i'll play Anthem and probably ill stay there. At least cheaters there cannot harm my gameplay. Had to quit my last operation because of a cheater who kept insta headshotting me a millisecond after i respawned from across the map
  • SOULJ4R
    220 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just joined 3 different random servers as spectator because I cba playing, 1 squad conquest and 2 different conquest servers and all of them had at least one obvious cheat playing on them. Probably not obvious to the players playing but very obvious on spectate. I would have tried a few more servers but my game CTD'ed :)
  • xXHappy_PuppyXx
    195 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Some times its not cheating.. I have had a few games where my score was way way ahead of anyone else.. 53-0 in a tank + a 20 man kill on a objective with a JB-1 Strike.. I'm sure X-Box cheat reporting blew up with that score. Another time was 58-10 just had a really good game. Its not always cheating. Watching stats is a good way.. doesn't always work as some people hide it. Its to bad cheating has become such a money maker for hackers.... Also its pretty sad people think they some how are good while using them.. they are cheating themselves in the end.
  • VincentNZ
    3885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Shrediron wrote: »
    The cheating in this game is rampant. You can bet on average that 10% of the players in your game are cheating.

That is just a baseless assumption. Think about it, this would mean 3-4 per team. The only thing that is rampant is the constant hackusations thrown around and the general lack of understanding of both anti-cheat and the game itself.
  • Cropulus
    299 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    m4derr wrote: »
    Well, if you are playing FPS for a while, you might know the youtuber Rogue-9.

Anyway, he did a video about cheaters in BFV to denounce the fact that there is no anti-cheat (or at least one that is working) in this game.

The situation looks worst than what i thought.

I have already encountered average+/good players that seemed not legit for me.

Seeing a guy going 50/10 when every other top players have 30 kills, i know it is possible that something is wrong, especially when you see this guy running around all the time getting 3 kills/minute during the whole game.

Note that the developpers didn't respect their engagement in fighting the cheaters...

Here is the video :

Removed video as it contained usernames of other users because naming and shaming is not permitted. ~Rtas

Look I am not saying there are no cheaters in the game, as I am advocating that there are. Even more than we can imagine, I am afraid. But basing your conviction on score alone is ludicrous. I have had scores like that and I never cheated a day in my life. There are just people out there, that just have talent. I do not have talent anymore, way too old, but I used to be as good as the best players in the game and people would accuse me of cheating all the time. I would never throw in the towel and decide to download cheats if I had a bad day and people think I cheated anyway, but I can imagine that if you are accused every day anyway you might be tempted. Throwing hackusations around left, right and center will not solve this issue, it will actually make it worst. I still get accused of cheating on a regular basis and I am fed up with it. The other day I shot someone for the first time a minute in the game and he accused me of hacking, he ended with a way better score then me, granted I was pissed off as hell.

You are ruining the experience for people that are actually just good at the game, because you cannot phantom the possibility of being this good in the game. That is where it goes wrong for a lot of people.

What I am convinced of is, that the first one hundred players in the leader board on score per minute are pretty much all cheating. I do not understand why they are still allowed to play. The top guy has, 65% accuracy with a lewis gun, 9 kills per minute and played 350 games. With that consistency and that accuracy it is safe to assume that someone is cheating based on stats alone. As indicated by DICE, some players get banned, steal account, rename account to banned name and keep playing. Protect your login to avoid this.

DICE will elaborate on their cheating program later today, so please wait for that I would say. They heard the community.
  • rockin_master
    373 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    Watch SMK GAMING on youtube. His latest video trumps all others.

You won't believe what you see... then you'll remember we're dealing with EA.
  • alienstout
    680 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Watch STK GAMING on youtube. His latest video trumps all others.

You keep spamming this. It's not that Earth-shaking and multiple games running is something that has been seen before across the platforms. This takes such an effort it isn't an issue. The issue is the not kicking of idle players.
  • VincentNZ
    alienstout wrote: »

You keep spamming this. It's not that Earth-shaking and multiple games running is something that has been seen before across the platforms. This takes such an effort it isn't an issue. The issue is the not kicking of idle players.

That is the multiboxing video, right? I would say this is more a funny and grotesque anecdote indeed.
  • rockin_master
    373 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    alienstout wrote: »

I'm not spamming a thing. Go badger someone else. Why are you telling me what to post?

Are you a mod?
    Post edited by rockin_master on
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1492 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Well, don't know if this will help, but this just posted by EA Braddock....

https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/ansfrf/discussion_our_anticheat_approach_to_battlefield_v/
  • rockin_master
    edited February 2019
    This is the actual link to the AC blog. It opens with a bold faced lie. It's well known EA allowed cheating in BF1 as a company policy. Period. The rest is the same snow job we've been getting the entire time.

https://www.ea.com/games/battlefield/news/anti-cheat-in-battlefield-5

• Verikauha
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    20 man kill on a objective with a JB-1 Strike..

...yeah, right.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This is the actual link to the AC blog. It opens with a bold faced lie. It's well known EA allowed cheating in BF1 as a company policy. Period. The rest is the same snow job we've been getting the entire time.

It might be well known to people who wrap their heads in foil to keep the alien mind control beams from reading their thoughts, but it sure isn't known to anyone else.

I think EA could do more to combat cheating, but your claim is absurd.