so your choice for next bf game, bf vietnam, bf6 or bfbc3

Comments

• Cronik2k
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Bad Company 3 please, number 2 was my favourite battlefield game though I also really liked bf3.
  • kjgregoire
    113 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Too many modern bf games already. Like playing bf:bc3 is exactly the same as bf3 or bf4 or cod:mw1,2,3.

Futuristic shooters aren’t my cup of tea.

Give me BF: Vietnam 2! The original was ****. Bring back playing music in your Cobra attack helicopter.
  • INFARTELOUKO
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    it is easier for them to make new DLCs for BF3 / BF4 ... because the new BF is no longer BF.
  • SkilletBurn
    385 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'd settle for Battlefieldcheatfree.
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Bc3 would be okay, but I wish they would just explore different eras. Specifically the Korean War.
  • warslag
    1264 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Bc3 would be okay, but I wish they would just explore different eras. Specifically the Korean War.

I would like a conquest only game. That way they could invest all their development efforts into making a much better quality game.

The era wouldn't matter to me then. As long as the gameplay is sweet and the game is mature, sophisticated and epic... that's all that really matters.
  • xXHappy_PuppyXx
    150 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Vietnam or Korea would be fun.. or maybe spanning both Korea and Vietnam get of mix of old and newer weapon systems. It would also allow some more open maps if you had the game span both conflicts.
  • xXHappy_PuppyXx
    150 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SOULJ4R wrote: »
    Bring back the BF2 dev team and you got a winner either way.

Understand that sentiment.. Dice makes pretty games.. but they have shown some major incompetence in balancing and bug fixing their games. Would be nice to see another developer take over using the frostbite engine. Or maybe do what Cod does and have them alternate between two different developers. Giving each more time to polish their games.

• QHUNK9000
    307 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'd like a bf that just works on release and doesnt frustrate you endlessly lol
  • CaptHotah
    1000 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Modern.
  • xSliver
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BF2143
  • LOLGotYerTags
    11764 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    moved to off topic.
  • HawkeyeAM47
    1278 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    moved to off topic.

Howdy
  • WALKINGCORPSE1
    490 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    kjgregoire wrote: »
    Too many modern bf games already. Like playing bf:bc3 is exactly the same as bf3 or bf4 or cod:mw1,2,3.

Futuristic shooters aren’t my cup of tea.

Give me BF: Vietnam 2! The original was ****. Bring back playing music in your Cobra attack helicopter.

yeah man, loved the music, oh and the flamethrower was a freaking blast
  • LOLGotYerTags
    11764 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    moved to off topic.

Howdy

o/

• DrunkOnRedWine
    916 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 7
    It won't be BF6, Bad Company, BF Vietnam or a 2142 game. Next up is BattleRoyaleField.

To be frank either do it wholesale BR with a free to play model or don't do it at all. Respawn - Apex Legends got it right as did Epic Games Fort.... I have no idea why BR is being bolted on to BFV in Firestorm - does anyone want this? Who vetoed this, why is DICE / EA's direction so muddled?
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    916 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Cronik2k wrote: »
    Bad Company 3 please, number 2 was my favourite battlefield game though I also really liked bf3.

Same, BC2 was brilliant, BF3 was brilliant too.
  • neurokirurgi
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I don't really care what the game is called - DICE needs to take a good, long look in the mirror and at their past games and see what worked at what didn't. It's only after that they should even start on the blueprints of the next BF game.

The game series has progressed a lot technically but regressed game design-wise (with a few exceptions, granted). The feeling of scale and teamwork is long lost in the modern titles. That was the thing that set apart BF from most other mainstream shooters. Today, BF plays like a modern shooter with glued-on elements of teamwork, when it in a world dictated by compromises it should be the other way around, given the premise that you had to choose either or.

I think it's a symptom of a design by committee design process I'd rather have one guy with excellent vision and communication skills leading development with an iron fist instead of having a room of disagreeing people all granting compromises to each other, which in turn leads to a game with no coherent vision, no underlying sense of purpose and a jack-of-all-trades, master-of-none gameplay experience for the gamers.
  • SaikoKuno
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    A Battlefield that has all its content at launch.
  • Keler2142
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    xSliver wrote: »
    BF2143

That, or BC3