There are indeed cheaters on console in this game!

Comments

• VOLBANKER
    1616 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    I have a proposal to all of you claiming that using Xim Apex, Chronus Max etc. on consoles isn't cheating.

Let's take a bet. 1000$. 1 on 1 on empty server, best of 10. You use the regular controller, and I use Xim, Chronus, or whatever I choose fit. Would you accept that bet?
    I’ve got $1000 that says I can take that bet with _anyone_ and lose - regardless of which of the controllers I get to use! :smiley:
  • warslag
    1606 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    VOLBANKER wrote: »
    warslag wrote: »
    I think cheating is a serious issues that causes players a huge amount of stress and affects mental health.
    That is a bit extreme...stress, sure, as in annoyance and frustration, but if it affects one’s mental health, I’d say you need to take a break. It IS only a game, after all. It’s not like your score or KD matters one bit in the large scheme of life :smile:

That is the worst response to a mental health issue.

It's like saying "you're just imagining things".
  • TEKNOCODE
    11591 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    VOLBANKER wrote: »
    I think cheating is a serious issues that causes players a huge amount of stress and affects mental health.
    That is a bit extreme...stress, sure, as in annoyance and frustration, but if it affects one’s mental health, I’d say you need to take a break. It IS only a game, after all. It’s not like your score or KD matters one bit in the large scheme of life :smile:

That is the worst response to a mental health issue.

It's like saying "you're just imagining things".

Mental heath is a serious issue.

That said, he is right. Video games are entertainment. If it’s causing mental issues for you, stop f’n playing.
  • EA_Rtas
    521 postsMember, EA Staff, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, EA Moderator, Battlefield V
    Alright folks, we're not really here to discuss mental health issues, can we please bring the thread back on topic otherwise I'm going to lock the thread. The forums really aren't the place to debate these kinds of issues.
  • Jamesonoid
    409 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    There are indeed not cheaters on consoles because neither console will run a game at all if it has any modified portion compared to the actual release game, let alone allow you to run said modified games in an online environment.

If there's one thing Microsoft and Sony seem to have learned from the last gen of consoles, it's uniformity and hacker prevention.

You're saying there is no cheating on consoles?

Rapid reload. Rapid Fire. Auto Spot.

That's not cheating?

Recoil control and having a good trigger finger is not hard.

Watch his full review, pay close attention to any "killstreaks" and the footage in general.

Does that look like a hacker?

It looks like a cheater. No doubt about that. We're talking about cheating on consoles, not hackers. You can obviously cheat w/o hacking. That's the point of OP. If it's not cheating, we want to know, in so we can use it. I'm 53, my eye/hand ain't what it used to be. So let us know if we can use it.

I used cheater and hacker interchangeably and haven't paid attention to the differences. My bad for any misunderstanding, so lets go with cheater.

"So let us know if we can use it." You're not going to get an legitimate answer here. But because some of the selling points of the Cronus is its "stealth technology" and "100% undetectable" it's probably against some rules somewhere.

My point is that people bring up the Cronusmax and state what it claims it can do and how unfair it is. Regardless what you think of it (I think it's unfair) my question is, does it actually work? If you watch his footage, besides from the Lewis gun anti recoil clip and auto spot, do you see anything that would indicate he is cheating? Because his multiplayer footage is mediocre at best and if that is with the Cronus working then he sure as hell needs it. You don't see him do anything impressive or impossible, it's mostly single or double kills.

Most of what the Cronus "does" can be done with skill. Recoil control and having a good trigger finger is not impossible. I'm not saying that to justify the Cronus, but in that people who look like they are cheating may just be skilled.

I'm not saying this to start an argument or brag, but I have been reported for cheating 26 times. On one occasion in BF1 I was using a horse, and was killing a group of players repeatable. They would attempt to AT grenade/rocket gun me and get close but would not kill me. After killing them I would drop a health pack, because the horse has those, but they didn't know this. So when I came back around on 100% health, they didn't understand why. It's easy to call someone a cheater when you don't understand how and why something is happening.

At this point, we still haven't seen any proof of cheaters.

• VincentNZ
    3885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    lol You can't hack another game with a developers kit.

Either way I don't see this as a big deal. Either you were mistaken, or he was cheating, and he's one of the first able to hack xboxone and bypass security measures online which is just unlikely.

Do you know what Cronusmax is? You're not getting into the system, you're using a USB and downloading content from the computer, and getting the fast reload having a bolt action fire like a semi auto, and having your Gewehr fire like a machine gun. As well as stick aim.That's not cheating?

That is using the shortcomings of the controller as an input device though. Also that is why rpm in this game on semi-auto is locked at 449rpm. You still can not alter anything that is not already in this game. For that you would have to modify the code itself, which is not possible on console.

The OP is saying there are cheaters. There ARE cheaters on consoles...no question at all, and i mentioned some.

Yeah and I said that the words he throws around like wallhacks and aimbots are not possible on consoles. What the thread then refers too are 3rd party hardware assets that have, as with the PC, legitimate uses, but can also be used to gain advantages in games that can appear as cheating. Just like on PC, where players draw the line, or if any developer can even detect these things.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1492 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    CracKxEm wrote: »
    If what was posted above with Cronus, is NOT cheating, i would appreciate if the Moderator and /or DICE says so, gives me permission, and i'll use it. Lets end this argument one way or another. If it's not cheating,and that there is no cheating or way you can on consoles, i'm using it.

its not cheating...stupid.
    call it what it is...Scripting...
    and you can use it, if DICE/EA hasnt utilized Microsoft's built in ability to detect and block any hardware when starting said developers(DICE) app/servicet/ect in this case BF:V.

if you can start the game, any your xbox still think your XIM, Chronus, Titan or whatever... then EA/DICE is allowing you too use the device....

for your information i know for a fact DICE knows what chronus is your not bringing anything new up.

Also ps4 players have the capability (while play online), for anyone to use KB&M, even in BFV, but your can also inject software while running apps, thus anyone with knowledge could theoretically, use Trainers, Bots, Change Gamefiles (runspeed, reload, charater, height, anything not server-sided...)
    again whilst online...

Oh this one i like out of all of them. "DICE, my no recoil, machine gun M1 Carbine, and Auto Spotting aren't Cheating...It's Scripting".......LOL.

Wonder what they'd say to that.

Anyhow, the good thing that came out of this thread, is we now know (and should have already known), is that there is cheating on consoles. I couldn't believe folks didn't think that was the case....until i came here.

I think the disconnect was those that thought, if you couldn't "hack" per se, that means you can't cheat. That's obviously not the case. There's many other ways, and devices to cheat. Anyhow, DICE should really look into console cheating, because i would say as cheap as these devices are, it's probably a bigger problem than we may think.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1492 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Some people seem to have a warped idea of what constitutes cheating.

I think cheating is a serious issues that causes players a huge amount of stress and affects mental health. It should be taken more seriously than this.

Personally, i was a bit taken back seeing folks didn't believe modded controllers, and even cheating devices with aim lock, and rapid fire, and stick aim and the rest, is NOT cheating lol. I have to say, this is the only outlet i've ever heard that. But it could explain why this game gets to the point of unplayable, if many are using these devices, thinking it's not cheating.

And they're still at it. Shocks the conscience actually, but does answer a lot of questions . Seems the only way you can cheat according to these comments, is to hack the whole system with a computer lol.

• Vinicarioca
    230 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    A squad of friends tried to use this chronosmax...

Lol... they pratically win the game alone. The 4 players hit up the top scoreboards.... with 60+ kill

No recoil, max rof on semi autos, damm... so unfair.

A good player play like a pro.

It's not cheating?
  • Major_Pungspark
    1571 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Lol... they pratically win the game alone. The 4 players hit up the top scoreboards.... with 60+ kill

It's not cheating?

Of course it is cheating, just like on PC when you see someone running around with a semi and you think directly, "yay, I wonder it this is a max rpm one without recoil or one that behaves as mine."
  • DCSTomcat
    1055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

It's not cheating?
    You can use something better, a Titan Two, and kick their ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
  • full951
    2468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    mouse and keyboard support is gonna change consoles forever. did you guys hear about how Xbox live has a real possibility of being on the switch? that's the foot in the door for MnK support on switch.

some of you seem to think if you call it cheating enough times it will go away. player input is not cheating. if there is a better way to control any game, gamers will be all over it.

I really do get the impression some opposers feal a negative emotional response to mouse and keyboard due to gaming's cultural divides over platform. it's not about that. we're all gamers. let's play together.
  • ackers75
    2651 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It’s pretty obvious half the people on here have never even used a kb/m on any gaming platform.

It’s in order of magnitudes far superior than any controller ever made!
  • full951
    2468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    to deny console gamers of such control is not fair
  • DCSTomcat
    1055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You want to see what console cheating is really like. Watch the latest Console Cheater Exposed video from SMK Gaming youtube channel. It's ridiculous.
  • ackers75
    2651 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    full951 wrote: »

How about the fairness to controller users,
  • nikon56
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    lol You can't hack another game with a developers kit.

Either way I don't see this as a big deal. Either you were mistaken, or he was cheating, and he's one of the first able to hack xboxone and bypass security measures online which is just unlikely.

huhu....a dev kit allows, among other things, to run every software the you want, potentially at the same time that any other application (another game), even a non dev one, and does have built in tools for easy debugin regarding memory access etc....

so yeah, with a XDK it would be exactly as easy as on PC to run dev and run a hack.

now a XDK need activation and they are available only to MS partners, so even if one were to be stolen, it couldn't be activated or could be deactivated. all you would end up with is a white brick in the form of a xbox with some pretty graphics on it.
  • WhiteRabbit_swe
    619 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    DCSTomcat wrote: »
    You want to see what console cheating is really like. Watch the latest Console Cheater Exposed video from SMK Gaming youtube channel. It's ridiculous.
    Just seen the video, its crazy... Everybody should see it!

This must be how that guy I encountered on twisted steel did it! It explains everything! If he did exploit using ghost accounts on the other team, and then use chronos max on top of this, then no wonder...

As I said, there are cheaters on console, and I feel they are increasing in numbers...

• CracKxEm
    82 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019

yes so while its is technically possible he couldve meet someone using a trainer on xbox. incredibly rare. all he had too do was report. R.I.P. hacker...Microsoft dont play no games B.
  • WhiteRabbit_swe
    619 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    full951 wrote: »
    It is fair! More fair then the opposite alternative were you guys run **** like this on a console...

Only a normal Xbox controller should be allowed for playing on console, everything else should be bannable (but it is not, which I think is BS and hurt many descent players out there)...