Well done DICE nobody plays medics anymore

gkatzolaki
6 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited February 6
I have noticed that in my last 13 games it was 2 or 3 people only playing medics! The class is total disaster! Why would anyone play as medic to smoke and rush or for the underpowered weapons? Assult class is total buffed at this time.

Comments

• Gravlar_SN9
    267 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Is it nobody or 2/3 people? One is a problem the other is 10% of a team.
  • LegalProphet
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 6
    Plenty of medics, only nobody is reviving. SMGs are really good, and easy to use guns now.
  • VincentNZ
    2417 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Half the maps are not very well suited for Medics, of course the numbers will drop. You will find a lot of them on Fjell, Rotterdam and Devastation. The rest, yeah well. Why would you play a Medic on Panzersturm?
  • Doc943
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 6
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    Half the maps are not very well suited for Medics, of course the numbers will drop. You will find a lot of them on Fjell, Rotterdam and Devastation. The rest, yeah well. Why would you play a Medic on Panzersturm?

Excellent point. As a preferred medic player in all other BF releases, I find it a much harder to be effective in BF5 because most maps are too big/squads too small.
  • doctorrocktor
    1786 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Loads of medics on xbox conquest.
  • Draccon149
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Underpowered weapons? They have the best CQC weapons in the game.
  • VincentNZ
    2417 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Doc943 wrote: »

Excellent point. As a preferred medic player in all other BF releases, I find it a much harder to be effective in BF5 because most maps are too big/squads too small.

Personally I have little problems playing the Medic on any map, regardless of my weapon. Well besides Panzersturm and maybe Aerodrome, which is simply do not play. There also has been some data that the medic was the least played class, this was two patches ago though, and also integrated the TTK nerf, where SMGs were on sidearm level. So that likely has changed a bit.
    As of now it seems to be that bftracker servers are down, but I really wanted to look up OP's stats. Often when people complain about the lack of medics in this game, they forget the most basic solution: To play medic themselves.
  • Noromiz
    290 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Medics can do decently well in some game modes on Arras and Narvik in the urban area as well.

But yeah, the large open maps are the Achilles heel of Medics.
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    541 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    what really kills the medic gameplay jusz being not good at anything in particular.
    ARs/Semi-autos/LMGs/MMGs/shotguns can all do decently well in CQC while SMGs can only be good at that one thing and nothing much else.
    you can also really only use the smoke gadgets and bandages in BFV since AP-mines for medic cut down on your effectiveness so much they are next useless. medic and recon are also the only classes in the game that can not take down fortifications or help in combating tanks. map-design as well is just not for SMGs in mind with more of a focus on soft-cover so while they can shoot you with their better weapons you can hope and pray to survive while taking fire....
    also the revive-animation made actually being a medic harder. sure smoke it up and go in after clearing the area but many players just wait for the smoke to pop and then lay into the general area or even camping corpses abusing both the medics and the ****-poor visibility to farm even easier. also the animation itself is buggy at best needing to stand at the perfect spot for it to trigger at all at times. and since medics are so unpopular many players grew yet again accustomed to just skipping to redeploy and getting back in the action that way rather then waiting the 5-10 seconds.
    I feel the medic was designed with the unforgiving attrition we had in the alpha but since the attrition is now so watered down it might as well be cut from the game the weapons under perform in about 50% of the scenarios. dont get me wrong they can be good and you can completely tear up the server as medic i do so often enough . but an AR/semi-auto can do just as well with less effort.
    i think if medics would get the M1A1 and the Gewehr 1-5 added to them as carbine weapons the class would greatly benefit from it. but i can already hear the crying of "medic-snipers" so i raise you would you rather have so few medics on bigger servers and modes with the slim chance some might be "sniping" ? i mean most moved on with the class-system in BFV picking assault over medic anyways so at worst you have more medics not doing their job or more medics doing their job even better. and i would gladly trade the 3x scope for access to a bit more versatility and range.
  • VincentNZ
    You can take down sandbags with the AP-mine by the way. Did so regularly on the stairs in the Devastation cathedral.
  • XEN_wunderwaffle
    284 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Half the team is medics on Devastation, Rotterdam, Aerodrome, etc. There are still plenty of them on mixed infantry/vehicle maps like Narvik or Arras where they simply stay in the infantry dominated areas of the town.

Only see less per side than Assault on big vehicle focus maps like Panzerstorm or Hamada, probably because half the team is unrevivable in vehicles and the other half are moving as small squads (rather than big 12+ zerg groups) and the action is typically non-chaotic enough for them to pick each other up after beating an enemy squad.
  • spartanx169x
    681 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I loved playing medic in BF1. But in this game it’s not worth it. It takes way too long to revive people. It is simply asking to get shot. In BF4 and BF1 it was quick and easy to do in a pinch so there was adequate reward for the risk. Now there isn’t. I also play on Xbox and in my experience in BFV medics are a rare class. They are played but not often.
  • DaMutha1
    1189 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It does not take long to revive as a medic. Yes as a non-medic, but I don't see BFV medic revive being any slower than BF1. The problem is that monkeys run in with their heads down without taking a peek to see if a guy is literally still standing over the downed teammate with a knife out.
  • DarkestHour138
    992 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's all about maps in this game. You can't run one class all the time like you could in previous titles. I play medic on some maps or in some situations, but they simply get outgunned on these larger maps. If I know my engagements will be 30m or farther then I use a different class.
  • TuxedoBanana279
    345 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    gkatzolaki wrote: »
    I have noticed that in my last 13 games it was 2 or 3 people only playing medics! The class is total disaster! Why would anyone play as medic to smoke and rush or for the underpowered weapons? Assult class is total buffed at this time.

Medic is my favorite class
  • Santini3
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's all about maps in this game. You can't run one class all the time like you could in previous titles. I play medic on some maps or in some situations, but they simply get outgunned on these larger maps. If I know my engagements will be 30m or farther then I use a different class.

Exactly right. And since the medics got a buff and a new gun I see plenty of people running medic. It's only on the bigger maps where medics are unrealistic to use: Hamada and Panzerstorm are the only 2 I think.

You can't (shouldn't) play JUST one class in this game. Become a versatile player. Master every class... except recon... **** that class.
  • Dr_X2345
    774 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    In the lobby I was playing in earlier we had about 10 medics (including myself) which is around a third of the team. Obviously that's just one lobby, but I rarely notice a distinct lack of medics, and if I do I'll play it.
    The weapons definitely aren't underpowered. I think it would be more accurate to say that they are limited - in that the Medic only has access to SMGs, and nothing else, whereas all other classes have access to at least two weapon classes. Giving them mid-range Carbine weapons would be a good idea in my opinion - so they're not going to be sniping with DMRs like BF1, but they can be a bit more effective at range. As the M1A1 semi-auto rifle on Assault is actually a Carbine (it says in the name), I've tried picking it up as a Medic and playing around a combination of the eapons and he Medic class, and I have to say, it was very fun, but not overpowered, because you're limited in your close-quarters capabilities. Giving the Medic class some faster firing mid-range semi auto rifles, or just the Carbine weapon class as a whole would greatly benefit the class, I think. It's also quite a varied class of weapons - you could have a medic spawning in with the fast firing M1A1, and another using the bolt-action, high damage and extremely quiet Commando Carbine.
  • dutchmasta83
    353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Combat medic perk, be slashing people left and right. MP40 is dope, ZK is dope. Run fast and flank people.
  • VOLBANKER
    779 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 6
    Come on guys, who's gonna be the first to say it?? Don't let me down :wink: :smiley:

Alright, if noone else will, I'll do it:

"But Medics Have Self-Heal (tm)"

:joy: