EA statement on Battlefield franchise

Comments

• LordVader666
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    alienstout wrote: »
    I've brought this up before... I'm thinking they are going to make Firestorm freemium and toss us some bones to make up for it. They need to make money and they are more likely to make some with higher profit margins by selling skins and stuff than physical copies of this game at this point. Firestorm will be the hook to sell the actual full game. Just wait for it, it's coming.

Great minds think alike!

Fortnite had the original co-op game that you had to buy and was languishing until they released the free to play BR component. As you said the micro transactions for skins etc points to their game plan and is rational given the players complaining about the Premium Pass in prior games - EA was always going to moniterise the game, it was just a question as to how.

Incidentally EA would be mad not to release the BF mode as a free stand alone despite any howls of anguish on the forums, there’s no way it stands a chance of competing against “free” games such as Fortnite and now Apex Legends. I hope they release it as a free standalone as imo it’s the only chance it’ll have of success and by association keep EA interested in BFV
  • JollyJester
    42 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    EA just cancel any upcoming BF games because these past few are pure trash! Dice refocus on what made BF! Dont need all the gimmicks, dont need all the player customization, give us the solid MP experience that made BF fun!
  • fragnstein
    474 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The highlight of the call was this:

And second, you'll start to see in the next few months glimpses of the Star Wars game and I think you'll be blown away by what you see. We've played 20 plus minutes of it last week and it is exceptional in terms of its like level of polish depth and what living inside of the Star Wars world is a Jedi and I think people will be blown away by

Blake jorgenson can tell after 20 min of game play the level of polish
  • alienstout
    680 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    fragnstein wrote: »

And second, you'll start to see in the next few months glimpses of the Star Wars game and I think you'll be blown away by what you see. We've played 20 plus minutes of it last week and it is exceptional in terms of its like level of polish depth and what living inside of the Star Wars world is a Jedi and I think people will be blown away by

I thought Disney was taking their Star Wars IP away from EA?
  • CPTN-Cr4ptastic
    1703 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

So what are you trying to say? That it takes a unemployed basement dweller 200 hours of grinding make an educated guess on whether a game is good or not? You people are a joke.
  • spartanx169x
    698 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    GrizzGolf wrote: »
    Add more weapons and maps. Did the community want a WW2 game before BFV dropped? I don't remember.
    yes they did as soon as bf4 I was seeign people asking for a 1942 style sequel

Not me I was bored of ww2 they should have put the poll directly into console Battlefield games to get a true representation of what players actually wanted and not simply the results from forum hipsters who just want the good old days back. I'm tired of the few people that use here reddit or any other outlet ruling the silent majority and getting on their high horse because a handful of people agree with them.

Not aimed at you Hawxxeye just my general opinion on the state of things. In general the feedback from the complete community would be very different from the community here.

See this is something that is a must for not just the game but for the series. I would think it would be almost trivial to add a weekly, bi weekly or monthly poll IN THE GAME. There are threads that pop up occasionally with this suggestion that rarely make it past 15 or so comments before dying. When this is something that would benefit everybody and everybody would have a voice. The threads die quickly, then you have the rediculous KD thread that now has what 800 comments. Sad, just sad.
  • alienstout
    680 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

So what are you trying to say? That it takes a unemployed basement dweller 200 hours of grinding make an educated guess on whether a game is good or not? You people are a joke.

Your shilling is showing on full blast. We're being critical and that is ok.
  • CPTN-Cr4ptastic
    1703 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

I knew with in an hour of playing OverWatch, that it was a highly polished game, and a ton of fun.
  • CPTN-Cr4ptastic

Save it.
  • Stahlmach
    1156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 6
    I agree it's a marketing strat, but they went beyond that and included it in the product dev. It's ingrained and therefor probably not fixable. Dump some maps on us, give us some server options and go away at this point.

Marvel comics learned this lesson the hard way and turned around as fast as possible.
    Its simple: All these " progressive ", diversity screaming white knights who see racism and patricharchial tyranny at every corner...simply dont buy the products.
    They didnt bought the cringe diversity comics of marvel and they dont influence the sales numbers of certain video games with that agenda.
  • Santini3
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ackers75 wrote: »
    Wouldn't have even sold 7 million if not for half price after launch. They're blaming it on a two hour campaign? And not BR, that EA themselves just killed with Apex? Why do i find that hard to believe lol.

They need to stop it with the bad PR, and to make BF great again, means you first have to make it...BF again, and end this hardcore tactical nonsense nobody wants to play but a few cod twitch shooter enthusiasts and pc niche gamers. Turn off Jackfrags, turn ON the gamers.

Speak for yourself i much prefer a tactical game like we have now,and i would hardly call cod tactical lmfao really would love to know where you get that comparison.

Tactical looooool
    “Does that mean making a concerted effort to flank your enemy only to be inst killed by one bullet!
    Yeah it’s well tactical!

Uh yes. If you're bad? If you flank the enemy and get one shotted you are indeed bad at the game and it has nothing to do with how tactical the game may or may not be.
  • Santini3
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Smuk1337 wrote: »
    GrizzGolf wrote: »
    Did the community want a WW2 game before BFV dropped? I don't remember.

BF 1942 was a jackpot. Just that online gaming wasn't that global as it is today

Yea for real Battlefield 1942 was the best BF experience for those of us that played it. I spend most of my time in realism mods for that game (experience ww2 and Forgotten Hope) then moved to BF2 where I almost exclusively played the realism-based WW2 mod Forgotten Hope 2.

So yes... just because you're too young to remember us doesn't mean that there isn't a large portion of the community that wanted BF to go back to their roots. I just wish they stuck with the more known locales.
  • Cerben1
    264 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    i spend more time her at the forum-field then in game atm cose you guys are so fun and friendly and lovely. and its hard to anoy this young kids in game as the tend to ither flood the chat or have it disabled. and i really hope that the cybernetic arm and other costume outfit stuff makes it to the game so we can really just hang out her and play Forum-field. just face it i feel bad some times when i put sticky-dynamite on an antitank reinforcment and park it an wait for an enemy to get in it and have his friends spawn in on him as well. think of the bad feeling if they are all disabled.(whit prosthetic implant that is they tend to be dumb but most angry kids are) the horror
  • joachimeberhard
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The only reasons why I did not buy the game at launch was the "Then by all means don't buy it" insult following the trailer disaster.

There were no other reasons, and I only bought it for the 65% discount, and don't regret it, it's a truly great game.

I do NOT however care in any way about Battle Royale. Not my kind of gamemode.
  • NemoDahFish
    123 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    What i get from this statement from EA is thst Dice is responsible for the poor sales because they focused to much on War Stories instead of BR mode.

That might be true, however isnt another studio developing Firestorm? But we all know that part of the responsibility is marketing as well, which is EA.

Either way. EA heads have now openly blamed Dice for poor performance. Meaning the studio will suffer and in the future development of BF5 will suffer. We will get ToW and few new maps that are already in development.

What they will not do is spend millions to get the game to the same standard as BF1. This game is already canned from a coorporate perspective.

So this is really bad news for BF5.
  • joachimeberhard
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I agree to the otger statements, the sales failure is alone and only a marketing failure, and not a product failure.

You just don't go out and insult your customers.
    I think that's primary school knowledge.
  • MAJWolfcookies
    565 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

It won't be long till they terminate. EA = joke
  • alienstout

It won't be long till they terminate. EA = joke

Damn, looks like it's not: https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2019-02-06-disney-praises-good-relationship-with-ea-around-star-wars-games
  • XEN_wunderwaffle
    284 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 6
    The salt in this thread is better than even that I've been getting in my MAA games!

Prediction: 5 years from now, EA will still exist as a successful company, Battlefield as a moderately successful shooter (albiet not on the very top level ala CoD) and players on reddit/official forum will still be crying that their personal problems aren't anally catered to by a massive multinational