Ammo Crates - Why I Never Use Them

WingnutDaCat
74 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited February 7
Because they drop through the maps, all of them, 90% of the time.

How many months of upgrades? What is wrong with this picture?

Why in the hell can't DICE / EA fix this glitch?

Comments

• VarmintKong
    97 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I hear ya Wingnut, but they're the only way to resupply gadgets. Pouches are pointless as you can resupply bullets off bodies. I avoid dropping crates in elevated or uneven areas and rarely have one fall through the floor.
  • WingnutDaCat
    74 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    That's exactly why I cannot figure out why DICE can't fix this... Because everyone needs the supply crate. How hard can it be to fix it? You ever see a tank fall through a bridge?
  • JamieCurnock
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah it's so dumb. Small tip though, they won't fall through the floor if placed on the ground or on an existing object. E.g. put it on a small sandbag wall or on top of an existing box or something that isn't a floor and it won't fall through.

Obviously not ideal but it does work.
  • WingnutDaCat
    Thanks, not ideal, but I do know you can put them on "something that isn't a floor." LOL!!

Hey DICE, you appreciate the ridiculousness that your gamer community has to game through? As we say in the big leagues, "get with the program!"
  • JamieCurnock
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Thanks, not ideal, but I do know you can put them on "something that isn't a floor." LOL!!

Hey DICE, you appreciate the ridiculousness that your gamer community has to game through? As we say in the big leagues, "get with the program!"

Just trying to help mate but yeah, fair enough, crack on with the moaning.
  • SixTouge
    170 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They should make them restore ammo by proximity like in the older games, this would presumably fix the issue even if visually it's still broken. I get the frustration, it seems like something that should be working properly by now.
  • Mishkin37
    678 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GrimeySix wrote: »
    They should make them restore ammo by proximity like in the older games, this would presumably fix the issue even if visually it's still broken. I get the frustration, it seems like something that should be working properly by now.

I’m not against that, but that would mess up the implementation of Firestorm mode. I presume that’s why everything is interaction rather than proximity, so in Fitestorm you can pick up what you want, and I’m sure they want the same gameplay mechanics across every game mode.

• Kevang039
    108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I feel as though the unpopular changes made from 1 to V is geared around firestorm.

Vehicles not having unlimited rounds, infantry needing to supply up at a crate in the beginning to get extra gadgets, as a couple examples.

I really like BFV but as I've made mention in different posts, I'm still adjusting settings. Just turned sensitivity down from 35 to 30, first 3 front lines matches went great, after that couldn't do a thing.

I hope the squad mate dragging that is supposed to be introduced in firestorm gets put into the rest of mp.

I know medics and squad mates can mark a fallen teammate to let them know we are coming, I'd like to see downed players spot close by medics to get their attention.

I'd also like to see an option to make it a single left trigger pull to wait for revive and so single right trigger pull for respawn I stead of holding.

Just a couple convenience things.
  • Mishkin37
    678 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Kevang039 wrote: »
    I feel as though the unpopular changes made from 1 to V is geared around firestorm.

Vehicles not having unlimited rounds, infantry needing to supply up at a crate in the beginning to get extra gadgets, as a couple examples.

I really like BFV but as I've made mention in different posts, I'm still adjusting settings. Just turned sensitivity down from 35 to 30, first 3 front lines matches went great, after that couldn't do a thing.

I hope the squad mate dragging that is supposed to be introduced in firestorm gets put into the rest of mp.

I know medics and squad mates can mark a fallen teammate to let them know we are coming, I'd like to see downed players spot close by medics to get their attention.

I'd also like to see an option to make it a single left trigger pull to wait for revive and so single right trigger pull for respawn I stead of holding.

Just a couple convenience things.

I believe you’re correct about the changes. But who knows? Maybe Firestorm will be awesome. Maybe it will be the best Battle Royale out there.

Personally, they’ll need to replicate the destruction and chaos to sell it for me. That’s why I keep coming back to BF, when there are so many shooters out there.

The joy I get from blowing up a tank surpasses just about everything; it makes me forget about one-shot deaths and dying 5 times in a row.

Not sure how they’ll replicate that in a 1-life game mode.

• asittingduck
    186 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

OK are saying all crates drop through the maps and it all the maps or all the crates drop through the maps?

Yes a lot do if placed on elevated ground, but knowing this you can decide when to place them. Because of this I'd say 90 to 95% of the crates I place are fine. I've even placed them on the 1st floor of buildings no problem (I believe second floor to americans as we count the ground floor as the 1st)
    Yes it's a glitch that is a tad annoying but I ha e faith that it will be rectified.
  • Redstripe101
    2546 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I still use crates, pouches get picked up off the dead so its only good for SPM farming and BF5 isnt making me want to even try to be competetive
  • Redstripe101
    2546 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

OK are saying all crates drop through the maps and it all the maps or all the crates drop through the maps?

Yes a lot do if placed on elevated ground, but knowing this you can decide when to place them. Because of this I'd say 90 to 95% of the crates I place are fine. I've even placed them on the 1st floor of buildings no problem (I believe second floor to americans as we count the ground floor as the 1st)
    Yes it's a glitch that is a tad annoying but I ha e faith that it will be rectified.

So next time i'll jump off the bridge and throw a crate in hopes someone needs it in some off location

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AmjSl2amw1Q0ggamX_4Y_t1V95hZ

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AmjSl2amw1Q0ggXeXIQU7ScbZWA2
  • asittingduck
    186 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

So next time i'll jump off the bridge and throw a crate in hopes someone needs it in some off location

Not sure what you're getting at pal since you've said you still use crates, if you're wanting to start an argument or something, sorry to disappoint.
  • Redstripe101

Not sure what you're getting at pal since you've said you still use crates, if you're wanting to start an argument or something, sorry to disappoint.

no, its not a minimal glitch as you imply though, and to me is pretty game breaking since once it is usable as intended, the entire ground vs armor dynamic will change. it simply does not deploy in most occasions that its needed, but it will still prompt the wait time to even attempt to toss again. its been addressed in pre patch discussion yet still hasnt found its way into an update.

if pouches werent lootable off everyone, then they would make sense. other than that, the one good thing about support is ammo supply.
  • WingnutDaCat

I don't think anyone is here is trying to start an argument with you, asittingduck. That said, I don't understand your question. Can you perhaps read it yourself, and try to fix the question you're asking?

Here's yours, verbatim: "OK are saying all crates drop through the maps and it all the maps or all the crates drop through the maps?"
  • asittingduck

I don't think anyone is here is trying to start an argument with you, asittingduck. That said, I don't understand your question. Can you perhaps read it yourself, and try to fix the question you're asking?

Here's yours, verbatim: "OK are saying all crates drop through the maps and it all the maps or all the crates drop through the maps?"

I do apologise, in my defence I'm typing away on my mobile phone at work in the middle of the night, just goes to prove men can't multi task.

You said
    "Because they drop through the maps, all of them, 90% of the time."

What I meant to ask was, are you saying that all crates drop through all the maps, or are all crates you place dropping through the maps.

From the games I've played I've found it's only certain surfaces they drop through.
    Considering ammo crates have been in all battlefield game you'd think this would be a simple thing to get right, and yes it's annoying, but with all said and done ammo pouches are pointless as bullets are so easy to come by.
  • asittingduck
    edited February 10

no, its not a minimal glitch as you imply though, and to me is pretty game breaking since once it is usable as intended, the entire ground vs armor dynamic will change. it simply does not deploy in most occasions that its needed, but it will still prompt the wait time to even attempt to toss again. its been addressed in pre patch discussion yet still hasnt found its way into an update.

if pouches werent lootable off everyone, then they would make sense. other than that, the one good thing about support is ammo supply.

It's not game breaking at all, game breaking is when a glitch physically stops the game from working. If when the ammo crate was deployed the game crashed then that would be game breaking.
    Ammo crate falling through floors of buildings is a pain but the game is still playable.
    Yes it annoys me but just wait a few seconds move and redeploy the crate.
    I'm not implying it's a minimal glitch, I'm saying it's a minimal glitch, as far as I'm concerned, but this is my opinion. Since it's only small percentage of the time it falls through the ground its no big deal.
    I do accept my opinions on this forum are not well liked as I'm not complaining about every little glitch, I've played games since the 80's so in my time I've played games that we really broken, no Internet back then to fix anything, now we are spoilt, and expect things to work 100% 100% of the time.
  • KingsportCowboy
    167 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's annoying but I still use them. That's the only way I'll have enough pistol grenades to destroy buildings and enemy cover. I also think it should show up on the map in blue for friendlies and green for squadmates, like when the universal carrier drops supplies. Team mates don't use it because they rarely pay attention to the fact that it's there unless you deliberately drop it on a choke point or something.
  • asittingduck
    It's annoying but I still use them. That's the only way I'll have enough pistol grenades to destroy buildings and enemy cover. I also think it should show up on the map in blue for friendlies and green for squadmates, like when the universal carrier drops supplies. Team mates don't use it because they rarely pay attention to the fact that it's there unless you deliberately drop it on a choke point or something.

The colour code is a good idea.

I use the crates myself to keep a stock of bouncing Betty's, I love to leave a couple when I move away from a location where I've held down with my mmg, you know after a few kills they are going to come looking. :smiley:
  • WingnutDaCat

I do apologise, in my defence I'm typing away on my mobile phone at work in the middle of the night, just goes to prove men can't multi task.

You said
    "Because they drop through the maps, all of them, 90% of the time."

What I meant to ask was, are you saying that all crates drop through all the maps, or are all crates you place dropping through the maps.

From the games I've played I've found it's only certain surfaces they drop through.
    Considering ammo crates have been in all battlefield game you'd think this would be a simple thing to get right, and yes it's annoying, but with all said and done ammo pouches are pointless as bullets are so easy to come by.

Got it now, and thanks for the clarification. Here is mine:

The ammo crates drop through ALL of the maps, every map. It doesn't matter what map you're on, if you drop one in the "wrong" place (although, the wrong places aren't marked as such, like with a sign that says, "Warning! Do not drop ammo crate in this area!"), it will drop through the ground, or floor, or bridge, or road, or grass - - you name it, it'll fall through it.

That said, they don't drop through every place, on every map. Drop them on a bridge, they will fall through it. Drop them on the second or third floors of practically any building (or perhaps I should say, randomly), and they'll fall through the floors. Drop them on the ground, and they'll fall through the ground and disappear (or more frequently, perhaps, fall partially through so that only the flipped - up top is visible) . Drop them on a boat, say "bye bye" to them.

Drop them on a rock, whoa! There it is. Drop them on the floor of the hangar in Aerodrome, OK, it only falls through about half-a-crate or so, yeehaw! Half success. A tank can drive on the cement, but an ammo crate falls through it? WTH?

And yes, you can get rifle grenade refills from crates, but hand grenades? Nope, they're not in the crate. Someone forget to pack them correctly?

Seriously, DICE, what is the problem? Why can't you fix this? Stop designing new and useless face-paint, and start fixing some root game play issues.