Weekly Debrief

Frontlines Needs 64 Player Yay or nay?

VIDSICIOUS
79 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
edited February 7
I would prefer to play Frontlines with 64 players and vehicles. Or at least have a choice between 32-64.
I have always loved vehicle intensive maps. This game seems to be really lacking in that compared to older BF titles.

Comments

• xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1436 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    That would literally be a Die Simulator as small as those maps are.
  • Noodlesocks
    2894 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    64 players on one point? No thanks.
  • QHUNK9000
    307 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    NAY!!
  • DingoKillr
    3557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    That would literally be a Die Simulator as small as those maps are.
    Small maps have you played Hamada?
  • Googlebright
    125 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

My thoughts exactly. It's crowded enough as it is. Not that I mind, it's great for those weapon assignment requiring kills in an objective area, but 64 would be nuts.
  • ChiefSniper
    159 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    God no. I'd be more for 32 player Conquest in all honesty. 64 in any game mode is a bit nuts.
  • Draccon149
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yes 64 players!
  • TheyHaveScissors
    700 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VIDSICIOUS wrote: »
    I would prefer to play Frontlines with 64 players and vehicles. Or at least have a choice between 32-64.
    I have always loved vehicle intensive maps. This game seems to be really lacking in that compared to older BF titles.

rofl the maps offer no room for 64 players, or do you want a boring meatgrinder?
  • Dr_X2345
    774 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I wouldn't mind trying it out, but it would be waaay too crowded. There's only one objective at a time, and if everyone is pushing it it's already pretty hectic with shots flag everywhere and explosives going off all around you.
    Actually, it's available 32v32 on Grand Operations as the third day sometimes, and often seems to end up in a steamroll at least for me with my limited GO games, as one team will push the first objective more than the other then just Zerg from artillery to artillery. Would it be better if it was full-blown Frontlines rather than the shortened mode? Perhaps. But it could be fun as a limited time event.
  • lolingbuffalo
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Personally I hate frontlines and never plan to play it after this TOW is over.
  • DingoKillr
    3557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Honestly player count is almost fine what I have seen so far is
    - the maps play are to wide.
    - at any time there seem to only be about 8 players near a flag, 4 in deploy screen and 4 traveling.
    - maps have no flag reference.
    - the distance between some flags is to great, so by the time you get there to contest the enemy already have the flag, so you have to run back to your last flag.
    - Spawn to far away to defend.
    - Flags go to quick. It seems a single player can cap just as quick as 8.
    Note: The wide distance allows flanks to avoid any battle and with length distance creates chase the flankers.

Example of a bad map Navik. You can run along the water edge avoiding all combat just to hit players as they spawn. While the distance between A to B seems much greater then B to C.

Having extra players I think will just make the whole thing worse.
  • KingsportCowboy
    167 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Absolutely not. It's great as it is.
  • StreliziaDeWitt
    160 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Only one thing to say.

AcademicWatchfulDarklingbeetle-small.gif
  • VIDSICIOUS
    It would definitely need two spawn points like in Breakthrough
  • VIDSICIOUS

two spawn points would be needed
  • VIDSICIOUS
    Personally I hate frontlines and never plan to play it after this TOW is over.

Thats my feeling also. I probably would come back to it if it had 64 players with more vehicles. Thankfully I'm almost done ToW
  • VIDSICIOUS
    Dr_X2345 wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind trying it out, but it would be waaay too crowded. There's only one objective at a time, and if everyone is pushing it it's already pretty hectic with shots flag everywhere and explosives going off all around you.
    Actually, it's available 32v32 on Grand Operations as the third day sometimes, and often seems to end up in a steamroll at least for me with my limited GO games, as one team will push the first objective more than the other then just Zerg from artillery to artillery. Would it be better if it was full-blown Frontlines rather than the shortened mode? Perhaps. But it could be fun as a limited time event.

On Breakthrough Hamada goes down to one Flag Its kinda fun, but two would prob work best. Yes I have played it on Grand Ops thats kinda why I am asking around for a 64 player version of this.
  • Kayback
    367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Maybe not the full 64 but more than 32.
  • VincentNZ
    2937 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Nay, that is why we have breakthrough.
  • VIDSICIOUS
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    Nay, that is why we have breakthrough.

Breakthrough is only a oneway street. I like how Frontlines the battle line moves back and forth. Wish it could some how be applied.