Weekly Debrief

Some kill death scores

Kevang039
108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I am going to outright admit I am far from good in BFV.

I average maybe 10 kills a match and usually die whatever averages out to a .76 ratio.

My question is, how do people in the game go 35 and 2 or 40 and 4?

I spectated one person who had a game like that to see if I could learn so.ethi g, yet watching that person play, it was as though no one on his opposing team ever saw him or did see him but didn't wanna fire back.

He wasn't crutching in a tank from far away, he was a support and he was playing his role, but how do a lot of people get that many kills?

Is it a crap ton of revives, are they just that much better that no one is aware someone is around?

I'm not hating, I know my skill and being primarily solo/sometimes paired up with a friend, I can't seem to break through to the 20 to 30 kill range.

I try to balance my play time between all the classes, but ha e been loving assault for the option of auto/semi auto guns.

Comments

• InnerD
    878 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 7
    probably esp hacks.
  • wingnut0070
    49 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm not sure how they do it either. Ok if they have lots of kills then I can assume they have a good mouse set up and a solid aim BUT how do they avoid dying? With few medics running around and most maps playing like meat grinders, plus all the AoE damage from assault class and fast TTD, I simply don't understand it.
  • mav_smileyface
    1313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well I hold down an average 2KD I play assault primarily.

Too put my finger on it.. if I’m about to go round a corner I go in scopes to get the drop on anyone unfortunate enough to be there..

I use footsteps a lot and cover as much as possible

Tbh when I’m on fire the difference is always Aim and reaction times.. it’s hard to really say what else can make that much of an impact
  • DaMutha1
    1222 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I know some very good players on PS4 that aren't cheating and get KDs like that a lot. It's a combo of superb game awareness (e.g. knowing maps and where to position themselves) and good skill. And usually sticking with one or 2 guns that they are very familiar and comfortable with.
  • Cropulus
    263 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The ones that do not use cheats, they just practice and practice. Your full potential with anything can be reached when you put in 10k hours or more. You need to know the maps, gamemode and have accuracy and reaction time to back that up. In the beginning I was horrible as I had not played fps’ for over two years, but recently I have been breaking the 50 kill mark and I think I can do better and be more consistent with fewer deaths. Having a squad that revives helps a lot, as randoms generally do not revive.
  • skippylarue
    1004 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 7
    The short answer to your question is a combination of great game sense and good aim.

When you watch a good player, it really can seem like they are playing against players of lesser quality than you yourself play against. The reason for this is that good players are far better at anticipating where enemies will be and what lanes they will be pushing at any given time. This allows them to have the jump on opponents in most engagements.

40-9 would be a more typical score, but the same type of player could also pull in something like 40-4 given the right circumstances.

• Parasiten79
    688 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    My kd is 1,97 but wouldn't call myself good. My tips would be learn the maps, use cover and choose a few guns that you stick with. In bfv you need to take your time advancing and always try to secure the area somewhat before moving in.
    Also, optimize your settings, controller wise. I'm on xbox but sensitivity, zoom sens, minimap size etc. etc. Every little thing matter for the whole experience.
    Best tip, get a decent squad
  • YourLocalPlumber
    2879 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Its not that hard really. We usually top off scoreboard when playing with friends with big kill counts of 50+. Its a matter of time and practice.
  • Sixclicks
    5073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    By playing FPS games for many years (my case), or by playing many hours every day for a while.

The answer is experience.

Right now I'm at a 2.77 overall KDR, 3.23 support KDR, 2.85 assault KDR, and a 2.55 recon KDR.

I usually get at least 30 kills per round as recon and upwards of 60-70 kills as assault or support per round. Mostly in Domination. Although sometimes I also play Conquest.

Domination is a great place to hone your infantry vs infantry skills. Most of the best infantry players in the game stick to small game modes like Domination.
  • Kevang039
    108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Thanks for all the input, glad I didn't see the notorious for gud scrub response.

I don't have nearly anything close in time to dedicate thousands of hours at it, but I get that some people do.

I have had a few matches where I felt like I was finding my awakening and thinking I turned a corner, then the next match comes and says don't get your hopes up.

I'm on Xbox, I have upped the change of view, lessened the trigger deadlines to try and help, adjusted briggtness and some other hints I can't think of at this moment.

When I approach a capture zone that isn't 95 meters wide, I will walk the perimeter to see if I can find any enemies and wipe them before I enter the zone, I scope around corners, basic things like that.

I accept I am what I am, but just having 1 other person to play with who is a great friend, but gets hyper focused when we take a flag, then as we start to leave, 1 enemy might enter it and he will turn back around and worry about that instead of going to a new flag and coming back later for it.

I will continue to play and hopefully really start getting the hang of it to where I can at least finish positive every match, even if it's only a few, it's better than dying a lot.

That all being said, I'm not as bad as some of those poor people who I see are 2 and 25.
  • DaMutha1
    1222 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 7
    I will note that your friend is probably using the sounder tactic of defending and making sure the flag is clear before zerging on to the next flag. Nothing makes me hate Conquest more than when the whole team is doing the latter.

P.S. Defending can be a great way to boost your stats, as well.
  • Desyatnik_Pansy
    1411 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DaMutha1 wrote: »
    I will note that your friend is probably using the sounder tactic of defending and making sure the flag is clear before zerging on to the next flag. Nothing makes me hate Conquest more than when the whole team is doing the latter.

The depressing part is when you just have to accept them doing it and do it too since trying otherwise is pointless. Nothing like being the only guy trying to prevent a backcap against a full squad or two while the rest of your team bashes their head against the wall of one objective over and over again, and they still can't take the bloody thing!
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    577 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Fellow not very good player here.

What you're seeing when good players get loads of kills is map and game awareness. It's far easier getting kills if the people you are shooting at are looking the other way or more exposed than you are when that isn't the case. This awareness takes time but I'm sure it will come (hopefully).
  • Kevang039
    DaMutha1 wrote: »

The depressing part is when you just have to accept them doing it and do it too since trying otherwise is pointless. Nothing like being the only guy trying to prevent a backcap against a full squad or two while the rest of your team bashes their head against the wall of one objective over and over again, and they still can't take the bloody thing!

I have no problem defending, I have even bashed my head against the wall watching our team spend 25 minutes trying to cap a mid map flag, then for some reason at that point rather than sooner, I'll take the long beaten road around the map to cap a flag near their base, on the hope that I can be a distraction to help those guys and even if I die, it just takes some people away from that or I cap it and half the team spawns on it.

I've had times my friend and I will cap a flag and as soon as we leave I'm watching that flag come down quick on the top of the screen, he will want to go back and i tell him no way because it's probably 4 people on it and we aren't that good.
  • Kevang039
    Fellow not very good player here.

What you're seeing when good players get loads of kills is map and game awareness. It's far easier getting kills if the people you are shooting at are looking the other way or more exposed than you are when that isn't the case. This awareness takes time but I'm sure it will come (hopefully).

I never run across the looking the other way players lol.

I will very often walk half the perimeter of a flag (within reason, some flags are humungus) just to give it a quick recon on it instead of going for capture right away.

Then there's the times that I just can't even get out the spawn because they have it on lock and key.

Usually by now, my 45th hour of in game time, I start "getting it" but I'm not feeling that yet.
  • KingsportCowboy
    167 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Its not that hard really. We usually top off scoreboard when playing with friends with big kill counts of 50+. Its a matter of time and practice.
    This really. I'm not very good myself but I do watch good players and I've learned some better habits because of it. My average game was usually 8-12 or something to that affect and now it's typically more like 15-6 even if I'm performing somewhat poorly. Just gotta have some time to invest.
  • Kevang039
    This really. I'm not very good myself but I do watch good players and I've learned some better habits because of it. My average game was usually 8-12 or something to that affect and now it's typically more like 15-6 even if I'm performing somewhat poorly. Just gotta have some time to invest.

I don't have all the time in the world invest but I've got about 3 to 4 hours a night and am in no way complaining, was just curious to find a reason to how it seems players are averaging 40 and 4 rounds and stuff every match.

These are all valid points everyone has brought up, I just gotta pay more attention to my personal play style when I'm solo compared to squadded up with my friend, I'm willing to bet it's totally different.

• pest174
    811 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The 3x scope is my best friend in this game. It's really the only way I can maintain my current K/D. It's super helpful spotting hidden enemies.

I'm blind as a bat without it. I run medic from time to time, and I can't see squat while aiming down sights, which is strange really because in BF1 I was running iron sights all day.
  • chainloose
    88 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Kevang039 wrote: »
    I am going to outright admit I am far from good in BFV.

I average maybe 10 kills a match and usually die whatever averages out to a .76 ratio.

My question is, how do people in the game go 35 and 2 or 40 and 4?

I spectated one person who had a game like that to see if I could learn so.ethi g, yet watching that person play, it was as though no one on his opposing team ever saw him or did see him but didn't wanna fire back.

He wasn't crutching in a tank from far away, he was a support and he was playing his role, but how do a lot of people get that many kills?

Is it a crap ton of revives, are they just that much better that no one is aware someone is around?

I'm not hating, I know my skill and being primarily solo/sometimes paired up with a friend, I can't seem to break through to the 20 to 30 kill range.

I try to balance my play time between all the classes, but ha e been loving assault for the option of auto/semi auto guns.

Download this game https://store.steampowered.com/app/714010/Aim_Lab/ and train your aim
  • Al3xDaS0uL
    132 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    By playing FPS games for many years (my case), or by playing many hours every day for a while.

The answer is experience.

Right now I'm at a 2.77 overall KDR, 3.23 support KDR, 2.85 assault KDR, and a 2.55 recon KDR.

I usually get at least 30 kills per round as recon and upwards of 60-70 kills as assault or support per round. Mostly in Domination. Although sometimes I also play Conquest.

Domination is a great place to hone your infantry vs infantry skills. Most of the best infantry players in the game stick to small game modes like Domination.

I agree, domination is great in this game, but of course you will also come across a lot of the "tryhard" infantry players in Domination..
    Myselfe I'm at 4,24 KD.. playing only infantry... (yeah I guess a bit of a tryhard)

https://battlefieldtracker.com/bfv/profile/origin/al3xdas0ul/overview