How to improve your aim at Battlefield 5 (and your tracking!)

chainloose
88 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited February 7
Hey guys i want to share with you a method wich i tested to improve my aim at this game.
2 months ago i started aimtraining using a 3d aimtrainer app , there are many of those , currently i think the best one is Aimlab wich is free and amazing https://store.steampowered.com/app/714010/Aim_Lab/ , there is also Aimhero and KovaaK's fps aim trainer.

Did this training work ?
In 2 months i jumped from struggling to maintain 1kd to getting between 3-5 kd after i warm up , i mostly play domination and i never go below 40kills per game , in grand ops i usually get between 90-140 kills per game with 3-5 kd . My aim has improved so much that i am amazed , im thinking to train for a year just to see how good i can get.
If you use a controller and youre on console i think Aimhero and KovaaK already has controller support , Aimlab dosent have it yet but i heard they will implement it.
Use https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/ to transfer your sensitivity from BFV to the aimtrainer

Edit: i forgot to add , there are tracking exercises in these trainers , so anyone who ADAD's you is an ez kill ! Try it and you will see how good you will get at tracking !

edit : here is an example of how my aim looks like after 2 months (short video) https://streamable.com/jzcqi

Here is me playing the aimtrainer and my current aim abilities : https://streamable.com/xmy3d
Post edited by chainloose on

Comments

• Pelliy
    2204 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It's better to aim train in the game that you're playing in because movement functions differently and the type of aim require for various fps games differ. Bfv has a practice range it isn't too great but it can help.

Bf1 there was a method of going into alien and just shooting the light poles to try to help improve aim.
  • chainloose
    training in the game builds
    Pelliy wrote: »
    It's better to aim train in the game that you're playing in because movement functions differently and the type of aim require for various fps games differ. Bfv has a practice range it isn't too great but it can help.

Bf1 there was a method of going into alien and just shooting the light poles to try to help improve aim.

training in the game build muscle memory very slow , because how many times in a 30 minute game will you get to aim at an enemy ? probably around 60-80 times ?
    in a 1 minute session in an aimtrainer i get to aim like 200 times , in 30 minutes i aim 6000 times , that helps alot in building muscle memory , otherwise i wouldnt have made the jump from 1kd to 3 to 5 , my aim has become so consistent , so accurate , so fast , my reaction time has improved so much , my eye-to-hand coordination has improved so much , and the training has transfered so perfectly to my bf5 aiming. I made this thread in hope of seeing more players using this to train themselves and getting a bigger challange in my games , right now i feel im on ez mode :)
  • chainloose

i just added this video : https://streamable.com/jzcqi , this took me 2 months and before i was very bad at aiming , repetition plays a great role in building quickly muscle memory , what you see in the video is something wich i can do consistently as of now
  • chainloose
    i added one more video

Here is me playing the aimtrainer and my current aim abilities : https://streamable.com/xmy3d

perfect transfer to Battlefield 5 !
  • SOULJ4R
    220 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 7
    What are your BFV stats like?
  • chainloose
    edited February 7
    SOULJ4R wrote: »

hi there , these are my stats https://battlefieldtracker.com/bfv/profile/origin/rtx_on420/overview

I had 0.76 kd , in the last month my kd went up to 2 ! And thats because i had alot of 3kd matches , since the last week i can pull a 3kd almost every game i play , when im at my best i can do 5 something wich i never thought was possible for me !
  • chainloose
    to understand the jump i made , you have to image that i was very very bad at aiming , i would miss all of my shots , and i would go 20-29 and scores like this

now my aim has improved very much but my game sense is still kinda bad , its something to work at , i play very agressive and die a bit too many times killed by someone i didnt see , but i win 80-90% of my gunfights do to my aim.
  • tamatem13
    154 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    nice sharing mate...way to go!
  • ADropOfPoo
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I’m not trying to start a fight here or slam your stats (mine are worse), but I see your accuracy is 13.48%. I don’t think your aimtrainer is working, dude.
  • skippylarue
    1004 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Glad to hear you've made improvements. I think tools like these can be really helpful. When I switched over from console to PC last year I used some of the aim training workshop maps in CSGO to learn how to use a mouse and keyboard in a no pressure environment. The one thing you may want to try is to add in side to side movement as you shoot (move, stop, shoot) to better mimick how you'd be shooting in game. Well done though!
  • chainloose
    ADropOfPoo wrote: »
    I’m not trying to start a fight here or slam your stats (mine are worse), but I see your accuracy is 13.48%. I don’t think your aimtrainer is working, dude.

well imagine i played 70% of my playtime with 0.76 kd and probably 8% accuracy , the last 30% is me aimtraining getting that kd up and getting slowly the accuracy up :)
    the aimtrainer started to show results after 1 month , and after 2 months wich is now , i started to become consistent and slowly but surely improving
  • skippylarue
    1004 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 7

There is no way of separating his previous results with his current results. If you go into his weapon stats, most are around 20%.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1416 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited February 7
    Why should we do all that, if we could just use Cronusmax with the steady aim no recoil feature, that nobody thinks is cheating lol.
  • ADropOfPoo
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

There is no way of separating his previous results with his current results. If you go into his weapon stats, most are around 20%.

Yeah, I didn’t dig that deep. Alrighty then.
  • chainloose
    edited February 7
    Why should we do all that, if we could just use Cronusmax with the steady aim no recoil feature, that nobody thinks is cheating lol.

because there is nothing like the satisfaction of knowing that ITS ALL YOU BABY !! :)
    you need scripts ? you need aimbots ? you need autohotkeys ? you need external programs ?

baby , all i need is my hand ! :)

(could say this about girls too haha)
  • Pelliy
    2204 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    training in the game builds

training in the game build muscle memory very slow , because how many times in a 30 minute game will you get to aim at an enemy ? probably around 60-80 times ?
    in a 1 minute session in an aimtrainer i get to aim like 200 times , in 30 minutes i aim 6000 times , that helps alot in building muscle memory , otherwise i wouldnt have made the jump from 1kd to 3 to 5 , my aim has become so consistent , so accurate , so fast , my reaction time has improved so much , my eye-to-hand coordination has improved so much , and the training has transfered so perfectly to my bf5 aiming. I made this thread in hope of seeing more players using this to train themselves and getting a bigger challange in my games , right now i feel im on ez mode :)

In game doesn't mean in game like an active game. It means in the game that you play. You could practice on light posts like I said.

Can you post your tracker so we can see your improvement? Just curious
  • Pelliy
    SOULJ4R wrote: »

hi there , these are my stats https://battlefieldtracker.com/bfv/profile/origin/rtx_on420/overview

I had 0.76 kd , in the last month my kd went up to 2 ! And thats because i had alot of 3kd matches , since the last week i can pull a 3kd almost every game i play , when im at my best i can do 5 something wich i never thought was possible for me !

NVM I see your stats. That's a nice increase man.

• MachoFantast1c0
    2012 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    @VairocanaBuddha what's your sensitivity in cm/360 degrees?
  • chainloose

27 cm hipfire , 40 cm x1 zoom
    400 dpi , 20 sens , 70 zoom
    using relaaa's settings :D
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2012 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

27 cm hipfire , 40 cm x1 zoom
    400 dpi , 20 sens , 70 zoom
    using relaaa's settings :D

Interesting, you've gotten fine motor control to a good place. I personally play with 60 cm/360, and I'm going to give Aim Lab a go.