Weekly Debrief

stop with game mode specific tow assignments for the love of god...

MonicasCigar
112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
all it does is bring people who have no idea how to play into the game mode
so it's almost always a roll.

happened with breakthrough too.

JUST STOP.

Comments

• TheXBOXFan
    114 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Couldnt agree more. I am so bored when playing Frontlines and this was my first time playing the game mode since December. I was quickly reminded why i stopped playing it.
  • AwfulMcBad
    110 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They're using the ToW to bolster those playlists because most people are playing TDM and Conquest.
  • MonicasCigar
    112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    AwfulMcBad wrote: »
    They're using the ToW to bolster those playlists because most people are playing TDM and Conquest.

it makes me want to play it even less.
    it's now essentially a grind just to get a win.
  • AwfulMcBad
    110 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 8
    AwfulMcBad wrote: »

it makes me want to play it even less.
    it's now essentially a grind just to get a win.

I'll only be playing it for vehicles.
    I don't care about clothes, or even any of the guns.
    None of them seem all that special.
  • ghos7bear
    145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 8
    Breakthrough turned out to be alright mode. Frontlines though is complete garbage, I hated it as part of Grand Operations too. Its so one-sided, you might as well leave if enemy team captures the point once, no point in wasting time if you need a win.
  • MonicasCigar
    EA really hasn't figured out how to connect with their playerbase... it as if, egad! they're too big! and only care about money! :p
  • MonicasCigar
    I also enjoyed playing the game before, but now with this ****, yeah no.
    sorry . im out.
    **** you ea.
    ruining about everything you touch.

thank god i'm not a stockholder. jesus. :p
  • FragbaitDax
    221 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm actually enjoying the opportunity to try out new modes that I'm not familiar with. Some I've found I enjoy, others not so much.

I've observed that attitude plays a large part in enjoyment of the game. Am I really forced to play a mode I don't like, or could I choose to pass on the rewards, none of which are really game changing?

Additionally, I've been in squads where I've been sworn at and called useless, which helps nobody, but I've also been in squads where people gave me encouragement and tips on how to be a better player. Have a guess which turned out to be both more enjoyable and more productive for the squad.
  • SirBobdk
    4125 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Going to skip this one and buy the weapon with CC.
  • MonicasCigar
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    Going to skip this one and buy the weapon with CC.

i'd do that but im not only about 8k points in frontlines left.
    it's going to take a long **** while.
  • Radious1987
    511 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dont blame mod, blame people playing it. Potatoes with no clue what to do is the problem.

Frontlines is fun, but if majority of people cant understand simple objective its really not fault of the mode.
  • Necron_Canaris
    38 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    agreed, make the ToW campaign for all map designs and stop forcing people to play versions of the game that are awful
  • ProAssassin2003
    3447 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I literally feel DICE wants me to Hate the game and play something else.

• Dr_X2345
    774 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I can understand OP's point, because Frontlines does require a fair amount of objective pushing and I can imagine it being quite saturated with players who will just hang back and camp, but I don't necessarily agree. Everyone else who's just here like 'oh I don't like this particular mode which I have a challenge to play so I'm going to announce to the world how much I hate this mode', I don't get. No-one cares if you're going to skip the assignments and just buy the weapon afterwards, that's why the option is there.
  • naitch44
    666 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 8
    You WILL play this game the way DICE want you to play it.
  • Yorksh1rePud
    49 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Played a few Frontlines last night and my squad and other blueberries were pretty good. Hamada can be a nightmare though because it's so big that games can last over an hour.
  • VincentNZ
    3195 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Heavily depends on your team, as usual with objective based modes. The mode suffers from lack of knowledge and on some maps, the horrible map design really stands out.
  • Dr_X2345
    774 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    naitch44 wrote: »
    You WILL play this game the way DICE want you to play it.

Literally nothing is saying that though. If you want to get the new weapon now, and get some extra chapter xp, then you can do the challenges, if you're so against playing any mode other than Conquest or whatever that you just can't bring yourself to play Frontlines for a few matches, then just wait and buy the gun. It's that simple!
  • IIRogueMachineII
    1337 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I sort of agree. I mainly play breakthrough and last weeks assignments actually meant I had fun games because for the first time in BFV I actually won more rounds then lost in my play session, 4 out of 6. It was fun to see balanced rounds, even the rounds I won weren’t steamrollered.

But Frontlines is awful. Really not that fun. Liked it in BF1 for a bit but soon got bored with the back and forthness of it. Plus most don’t actually go near or on the flags, just spend most of the time off them. All the assignments that have FRONTLINES in them are only do able in Frontlines, the rest can be done in any game mode. Did 8/15 MMG kills in breakthrough.
  • VincentNZ
    3195 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah I mean this is an incentive to play the mode, nothing more. The new MMG is very good, but I could just wait for one week and buy it for 1700CC. Even if I couldn't through a bug, it will be months away before I play it, so I couldn't really care.
    I could just as well play Conquest, queuing times will get shorter through the course of the weekend so everything will be back to normal. Additionally it is important for DICE that as many as possible play each mode so that they can gather telemetry. Now I hated breakthrough with a passion, and Frontlines is not a very good mode either, but with the data they gathered they will be able to tweak the mode for it to become better.
    Further playing another mode breaks up the monotony of BFV. It is getting stale and ToW helps a little with that, even if it is just for one round. In the end it is a win-win situation really, as long as I, as a player, can get a bit of enjoyment out of it.