You pushed me over the edge with ToW this week.

Comments

• naitch44
    666 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Frontlines is the biggest **** stain on the BF franchise, horrendous game mode that welcomes the most horrific camping you've ever seen. Zero fun to play.
  • Hawxxeye
    7071 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    Like most game modes it's the players that is the problem and not the mode. If the players are incompetent and havent got a scooby then the round will be awful, yet get two teams who know what they are doing on a map like Twisted Steel and you can have epic matches.

The problem is the Simon Says progression system which forces players to perform tasks that are counter to the objective of the game mode they are playing. Add an influx of players that are uninterested in that game mode and are only there for a ToW award and what you get is a big, fat, hairy mess.

A big, fat, hairy mess that EA created -not the players.

What tasks are counter to the game mode exactly? Having to use an MMG or SLR may mean changing up your playstyle a bit but nothing that should stop you getting stuck in
    In a way the task that is about defusing makes me wish the enemies will hurry up to plant a bomb so I can have a chance at defusing.
    Thankfully there is an alternative path

It is enough if your squadmate defuses or sets it off. And I have to say I had a blast on that mode with either weapon. With the SLR I just took a dump on the objective and made sure I had a spot where I could shoot at these guys from the side, so I am not an immediate target, and with the MMG I just moved up and made the enemy pop with 981 rpm.

It must be nice to have a squad that works together in hand. :(
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1686 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The arming and defusing task completes even if you get shot arming or defusing the objective :P
  • TWUN00714
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Frontlines is great when your team is winning and terrible when your getting steamrolled. It seems there is no in between. I got all the tow assignments done today in 2 hours so all the complaining isn’t justified. BF is built on teamwork so lone wolfing isn’t going to lead to much success. BFV is feast or famine depending how well your team is playing together on ANY game mode. THis entire forum is just complaining about how terrible this game is. I’ve been playing BF since BF2 on PC. BF4 (after patch fixes) is the best game I’ve ever played and I hope dice just remasters it at some point. BF1 lost my interest very quick because of the lack of weapon customization. BFV is outstanding, other than the lack of maps currently and lacking more factions. This forum overall is a cancer to the progress of the game because of the amount of players complaining because the game wasn’t made JUST for them.
  • Hawxxeye
    7071 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    TWUN00714 wrote: »
    Frontlines is great when your team is winning and terrible when your getting steamrolled. It seems there is no in between. I got all the tow assignments done today in 2 hours so all the complaining isn’t justified. BF is built on teamwork so lone wolfing isn’t going to lead to much success. BFV is feast or famine depending how well your team is playing together on ANY game mode. THis entire forum is just complaining about how terrible this game is. I’ve been playing BF since BF2 on PC. BF4 (after patch fixes) is the best game I’ve ever played and I hope dice just remasters it at some point. BF1 lost my interest very quick because of the lack of weapon customization. BFV is outstanding, other than the lack of maps currently and lacking more factions. This forum overall is a cancer to the progress of the game because of the amount of players complaining because the game wasn’t made JUST for them.
    It is common knowledge that the game was made just for Action Man (aka assault) players.
  • VincentNZ
    3885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Like most game modes it's the players that is the problem and not the mode. If the players are incompetent and havent got a scooby then the round will be awful, yet get two teams who know what they are doing on a map like Twisted Steel and you can have epic matches.

The problem is the Simon Says progression system which forces players to perform tasks that are counter to the objective of the game mode they are playing. Add an influx of players that are uninterested in that game mode and are only there for a ToW award and what you get is a big, fat, hairy mess.

What tasks are counter to the game mode exactly? Having to use an MMG or SLR may mean changing up your playstyle a bit but nothing that should stop you getting stuck in
    In a way the task that is about defusing makes me wish the enemies will hurry up to plant a bomb so I can have a chance at defusing.

It is enough if your squadmate defuses or sets it off. And I have to say I had a blast on that mode with either weapon. With the SLR I just took a dump on the objective and made sure I had a spot where I could shoot at these guys from the side, so I am not an immediate target, and with the MMG I just moved up and made the enemy pop with 981 rpm.

I honestly wouldn't play BF without mates. I have played twenty rounds or so by myself, but the fun increases a hundred fold if you play in a squad. I would suggest to join a squad that has a medic or two and then stick with him, this makes sure two guys are on the objective, while also doubling the amount of bullets going into enemies. If you revive him a few times, this will likely be an instant friend invite. :smiley:
  • Hawxxeye

I honestly wouldn't play BF without mates. I have played twenty rounds or so by myself, but the fun increases a hundred fold if you play in a squad. I would suggest to join a squad that has a medic or two and then stick with him, this makes sure two guys are on the objective, while also doubling the amount of bullets going into enemies. If you revive him a few times, this will likely be an instant friend invite. :smiley:
    I have several buddies from ingame encounters or forumfield but that does not mean that they are playing the mode I want to play and when I want to play sadly :(

• IIRogueMachineII
    1337 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I’m not a fan either. Although I did unlock the gun quicker then I’ve done so far, soo......maybe the game mode isn’t too bad!!! lol!! It’s just a frustrating game mode, if you’re attacking e for example then you can bet some enemy players will be near d, either camping for kills as we retreat to d or to attack d instantly. IMO if a team is attacking e then d should be out of bounds for the team defending e.
  • dcs500
    1511 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Current ToW is probably the easiest one yet, two hours max.
    naitch44 wrote: »
    Frontlines is the biggest **** stain on the BF franchise, horrendous game mode that welcomes the most horrific camping you've ever seen. Zero fun to play.

Or defending the objective as its also known.

• Zenga
    164 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't understand all the complaining. This weeks ToW tasks are by far the easiest so far. You have to realize that Frontline demands you to be... wait for it... ON THE FRONTLINE. Every single player needs to spend as much time in the capture zone as possible. As soon as you realize this and actually start doing it, Frontlines can be really a fun game mode. If you have just 2 players sitting on some roof taking their headshots from mile away, you're gimped. Because it's only 16v16, anyone not doing their part has a heavy impact on the result. To make matters worse, the cap zones are quite large and even if you want to snipe, you can still do it perfectly fine from inside the area.
  • VincentNZ
    3885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Zenga wrote: »
    I don't understand all the complaining. This weeks ToW tasks are by far the easiest so far. You have to realize that Frontline demands you to be... wait for it... ON THE FRONTLINE. Every single player needs to spend as much time in the capture zone as possible. As soon as you realize this and actually start doing it, Frontlines can be really a fun game mode. If you have just 2 players sitting on some roof taking their headshots from mile away, you're gimped. Because it's only 16v16, anyone not doing their part has a heavy impact on the result. To make matters worse, the cap zones are quite large and even if you want to snipe, you can still do it perfectly fine from inside the area.

Had a round of Fjell yesterday, just to iterate on that point. Enemy team had four guys going 30-9, 27-6, 24-7, 23-6, which is quite astounding, and my team had everybody other than me around the 1.3 K/D mark. We captured the point on the first push, then bombed A, depleted our tickets, took the flag again, bombed B. Took maybe ten minutes. Just from the killcount you wouldn't have thought we'd won.
  • KingsportCowboy
    167 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sure is a lot of exaggeration in here. Your teams may suck but frontlines is just not that bad. Breakthrough was terrible because it's actually bad. Frontlines isn't, don't blame the game mode for the players issues.
  • BigWyrm
    325 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What is the easiest fastest way to unlock new gun because I hate Frontlines.

Wait until it goes on sale in the Armory
    Guns only cost around 1500 CC.

• ninjapenquinuk
    2216 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Fairly well balanced Frontlines is a lot more fun than the flag cap merry go round that happens 3/4 of the time in Conquest. The big word however is it being BALANCED. A walkover/beating is not much fun in Frontlines, where as in all but the most 1 sided Conquest games you are at least competing
  • DaMutha1
    1424 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Had a brutal match on Hamada last night, went about 50 minutes and kept me up way later than I planned. But we kept at it and wore them down, eventually a few of their players quit and we blew up both bombs. Reminded of some of the wars of attrition we had on BF1 when Frontlines was first released with no timer. In a good way.
  • Zenga
    164 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Had a round of Fjell yesterday, just to iterate on that point. Enemy team had four guys going 30-9, 27-6, 24-7, 23-6, which is quite astounding, and my team had everybody other than me around the 1.3 K/D mark. We captured the point on the first push, then bombed A, depleted our tickets, took the flag again, bombed B. Took maybe ten minutes. Just from the killcount you wouldn't have thought we'd won.

This was exactly my experience as well. Opposing teams would have 3 players with +25 kills but we would still win the match, after match, after match. The other players were literally begging them to stop sniping and start PTFO but I honestly doubt any of them has set foot inside the capture zone during all this time. They simply ran around the zones, climb up a house and snipe away. Selfish? I would say yes in a big way. Doing this in Breakthrough doesn't have such a big impact, but with Frontlines you're literally helping the enemy win, even though you have the top K/D in the match.
  • Khronikos
    2236 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I agree, but why you people torture yourselves?
  • Khronikos
    2236 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Frontlines is generally ok and occasionally you get a great battle if the teams are even.

Devastation is probably my favourite - capture points are close together, lots of flanking opportunities and action - although some of the games go on forever. Arras is also good, flanking doing the MMG challenge racked up some great killstreaks - got the 15 in a matter of minutes.

Problem with BF and other games is teams are often very uneven just leading to mass quits. They don't balance teams properly, and there are a lot of players, so imbalance really starts to kill the game and vibe of the match. People just don't have the time or need.
  • DarkestHour138
    995 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

This was exactly my experience as well. Opposing teams would have 3 players with +25 kills but we would still win the match, after match, after match. The other players were literally begging them to stop sniping and start PTFO but I honestly doubt any of them has set foot inside the capture zone during all this time. They simply ran around the zones, climb up a house and snipe away. Selfish? I would say yes in a big way. Doing this in Breakthrough doesn't have such a big impact, but with Frontlines you're literally helping the enemy win, even though you have the top K/D in the match.

Have a medic smoke out the hill humpers.
  • Googlebright
    125 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    the cap zones are quite large and even if you want to snipe, you can still do it perfectly fine from inside the area.

Absolutely true. I got the 15 SLR kills done quite easily while still PTFO last night. The newly buffed flare gun comes in very handy here. Pop it in the air above the objective as you enter, find a spot that cuts down on flanking opportunities and two-tap your way through the kills. Understanding not only the mode (you must PTFO in Frontlines) but the size and boundaries of the objective area is key.