Just played Frontlines....

Comments

• VincentNZ
    3885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    People do not fully understand the mode and that is the biggest problem, second is that flanking is really rewarding in this mode and third is that some maps are unbelievably imbalanced.
    Some tips:
    1. Just like in Breakthrough, bodies on the objective win flags.
    2. If you won a flag your immediate next move is to push onto the next objective to have a foothold before/at the same time as the enemy. If you only advance once you can cap the next flag it will all be over by the time you reach it.
    3. Flanking is okay, but if you pull off a flank, kill enemies in the objective area first and then move yourself into the objective.
    4. If you play the German side on Twisted Steel you can basically give up. Moving past C is basically impossible as there is no cover moving onto the flag, and no cover on the flag itself. I only played Hamada once, but I think it has a similar issue.
    5. As in every objective based mode: Medics, Medics, Medics. Smoke, Smoke, Smoke.
    I hated the mode at first, mainly because I had to play Twisted Steel a lot, the other maps are better.
    Some map specific tips:
    On Fjell, for both sides, do not zerg right on the objective, flank around through the snowfield past the SAA bunker or vice versa and then come up behind the enemy, if you manage that with your squad, this is the win.
    On Rotterdam, as B is basically only an open area with a few boxes, either equip a Tommy with drum and smoke the enemy boxes, move up and hipfire 4 guys huddled there to death. Or you can play Assault move to the sea side of the objective where the enemies will huddle in the small inlets and pester them with Rifle grenades and PIAT. Again this will usually make sure you get the flag and secure the win.
    On Devastation: Especially when attacking/defending B and D flanking around is very rewarding. You have to be fast though otherwise you will come to late, especially if your whole squad is flanking with you. Take out 2-4 guys on the objective area and move up yourself.
    Still nothing will save you, if people just use the ranged options and stay back, which will net them quite few kills, but lose the round. Always play with friends, as with any other mode, so that you can accomplish something together.
  • naitch44
    666 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Its a crap game mode that promotes camping and cheap kills. Sitting in between flags waiting for the other team to push the next objective.

Last night I was on Narvik, the other team had already capped all the flags so were starting to push planting the bombs. On respawn half my team were still sat on B, I mean wtf seriously.
  • Pyr0Plazma
    404 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I just played a game of lost frontlines where a teammate accused me of not playing the OBJ because I was the highest scoring player. Coincidentally I also had the most kills too. So he claimed "It's an OBJ based game" Yeah thanks Sherlock Holmes Our last OBJ literally REQUIRES us to kill the enemy team in order for them to run out of tickets.

Some people really can't come to terms with how bad they are lol.
  • pest174
    811 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    pest174 wrote: »
    I’ve lost 4 straight matches in 4 different servers because my team try’s to get behind them when we get pushed back. It ends up being me and a couple of guys on the objective while the entire enemy team pushes up and stomps us.

Instead of going to the next objective the rest of the team stays up and next thing you know we loose.

There are way too many issues that I see with frontlines, albeit I may be the only one. But, it’s deffinatly not a game mode I like.

You're definitely not the only one. Took me 6 hours to win ONE round.

Six hours? youch. That would take me two weeks.

EA really did their FOMO research.

It totally is FOMO! If it weren't for these ToW assignments, I wouldn't be playing this game anymore, or at least take a long, long break until Dice figures out how to sort this game out.

Haven't even played a match of Apex Legends because I've been too preoccupied losing in Frontlines.
  • G-Gnu
    1526 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I’ve lost 4 straight matches in 4 different servers because my team try’s to get behind them when we get pushed back. It ends up being me and a couple of guys on the objective while the entire enemy team pushes up and stomps us.

Instead of going to the next objective the rest of the team stays up and next thing you know we loose.

There are way too many issues that I see with frontlines, albeit I may be the only one. But, it’s deffinatly not a game mode I like.

You're definitely not the only one. Took me 6 hours to win ONE round.

Six hours? youch. That would take me two weeks.

EA really did their FOMO research.

It totally is FOMO! If it weren't for these ToW assignments, I wouldn't be playing this game anymore, or at least take a long, long break until Dice figures out how to sort this game out.

Haven't even played a match of Apex Legends because I've been too preoccupied losing in Frontlines.

Ehmm is not that just proof that the game in it self is rather meeeh, if you only play the game only to do the assignments?
    Imo DICE has failed to do a fun game and instead of rectify that, they went the completeionist way of luring active players.
    For me it is just the other way around, i am turned off to play the game just because all things swivels around doing assignment stuff and a weird ToW.
    The game in that sens feels like a kind of sick looter shooter wannabe.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    diagoro wrote: »
    3 hours in and I haven't gotten a single win. Still stuck on the "win 1 round of Frontlines" assignments.....

Just played six games. Every one a steamroll loss. I even quit after each game....

That was my experience at first. So I quit for awhile, came back later, and my team was so good we had two "major victories" in a row. Of course I hadn't finished the previous parts of the assignment yet so they didn't count, but I still finished the whole thing in one evening's play. It's doable, it will be a grind, but if I can get through the whole thing in one evening then anyone can.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    People do not fully understand the mode and that is the biggest problem, second is that flanking is really rewarding in this mode and third is that some maps are unbelievably imbalanced.
    Some tips:
    1. Just like in Breakthrough, bodies on the objective win flags.
    2. If you won a flag your immediate next move is to push onto the next objective to have a foothold before/at the same time as the enemy. If you only advance once you can cap the next flag it will all be over by the time you reach it.
    3. Flanking is okay, but if you pull off a flank, kill enemies in the objective area first and then move yourself into the objective.
    4. If you play the German side on Twisted Steel you can basically give up. Moving past C is basically impossible as there is no cover moving onto the flag, and no cover on the flag itself. I only played Hamada once, but I think it has a similar issue.
    5. As in every objective based mode: Medics, Medics, Medics. Smoke, Smoke, Smoke.
    I hated the mode at first, mainly because I had to play Twisted Steel a lot, the other maps are better.
    Some map specific tips:
    On Fjell, for both sides, do not zerg right on the objective, flank around through the snowfield past the SAA bunker or vice versa and then come up behind the enemy, if you manage that with your squad, this is the win.
    On Rotterdam, as B is basically only an open area with a few boxes, either equip a Tommy with drum and smoke the enemy boxes, move up and hipfire 4 guys huddled there to death. Or you can play Assault move to the sea side of the objective where the enemies will huddle in the small inlets and pester them with Rifle grenades and PIAT. Again this will usually make sure you get the flag and secure the win.
    On Devastation: Especially when attacking/defending B and D flanking around is very rewarding. You have to be fast though otherwise you will come to late, especially if your whole squad is flanking with you. Take out 2-4 guys on the objective area and move up yourself.
    Still nothing will save you, if people just use the ranged options and stay back, which will net them quite few kills, but lose the round. Always play with friends, as with any other mode, so that you can accomplish something together.

Good post. In large part players are refusing to learn in this assignment, and then they wonder why their team is losing, and they blame the assignment. Actually that describes a lot of the complaints about this game, players won't learn, won't adapt to this new game, so they blame the game rather than their failure to evolve.

I made it through this whole TOW thing in one evening. It was very frustrating at first because I didn't know what I was doing and was part of a horrible team, so I quit for awhile. When I came back later I joined two different teams that had figured it out, and those teams were winning. That's all it took, teams that were doing what they were supposed to be doing.

I suppose for some folks it's easier to come here and whine about what a horrible game mode this is (raises hand, that was my first reaction) and rant and rave. It's the same with the guys who think the removal of 3D spotting was horrible, and (insert any change in BFV) and so on. They don't want to learn to play a new game, they want BF2, or 3, or 1 all over again. They all think one edition of BF was perfect, but amusingly they don't agree on which edition that was. They just know they don't like BFV--until BF6 launches and then BFV will be the good old days. As server admins used to say when somebody spent too much time yapping in the chat--shut up and play.
  • alienstout
    680 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Less QQ more pew pew
  • Skill4Reel
    383 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You can't really blame the game mode for people being too stupid or stubborn to play it properly. It is pretty much a toss up no matter what game mode is being played if the majority of the people on the server are going to actually be playing the mode to create a fun match, or not.
  • TyroneLoyd_TV
    1691 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Can't balance stupidity.

Just played about 4hrs of frontlines. You def need some type coordination if you want to win consistently and not get steam rolled. Sadly it does take awhile for some players to understand the mode.
  • Skill4Reel
    383 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    naitch44 wrote: »
    Its a crap game mode that promotes camping and cheap kills. Sitting in between flags waiting for the other team to push the next objective.

Last night I was on Narvik, the other team had already capped all the flags so were starting to push planting the bombs. On respawn half my team were still sat on B, I mean wtf seriously.

I disagree. I don't think that the game mode promotes this at all. This is what people want to do, and we know this becasue this is how so many people choose to play in all of the game modes.

• pebjesus
    199 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hamada is just lolz.

Pat
  • rifle77
    104 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What some of you are saying is that we don't like Frontlines because we don't know how to play it. It may be hard to understand that some of us know how to play it and still hate it, they don't think it be like it is, but it do.
  • pebjesus
    199 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    rifle77 wrote: »
    What some of you are saying is that we don't like Frontlines because we don't know how to play it. It may be hard to understand that some of us know how to play it and still hate it, they don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Dude on hamada its literally a fiesta between the both middle objectives.

Back in forth literally for an hour. An hole hour. After 45 minutes the objectives are captured so THEN the detonation part begins. OMEGA.

Pat
  • diagoro
    1592 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think fixing the latenvy issue would help quite a bit. All the one-packet deaths I experience kills ant desire to go charging forward.
  • pest174
    811 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah, besides constantly losing, my real issue was the duration of the mode. Sometimes it'll last a few minutes, while other times it's nearly an hour. When it hits these lengthy matches, people lose interest real quick and start leaving the match, which naturally imbalances the match.
  • moosehunter1969
    1108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    I like Frontlines and I love Breakthrough. I find Conquest dull in comparison. Does this make Conquest a bad game mode? Of course it doesn’t.
    Since day one I have never failed to enter a full game of Breakthrough or Frontlines even when there is no TOW assigned to it, lots of people clearly like it.
    Just because you don’t like it doesn’t make it bad. I don’t like baked beans does that make them bad? Clearly not.
    The sooner this so called community realise that it’s not all about THEM and what THEY like the better. People are different and like different things. How is it some people still don’t get this?
    My faith in human nature falls further every time I read this forum.
  • Astr0damus
    2904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Thread title: "Just played Fortnite"
    That's all I see every time I read this thread title
  • von_Campenstein
    6621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited February 2019
    I never liked in in BF1, feels too artificially forced. Thankfully you only need to to complete 3 frontlines specific tasks

I guess you missed it when it came out, that 3 hour match on Soissons where I first made love to Martini-Henry will stay with me for a long time. <3
  • moosehunter1969
    1108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I never liked in in BF1, feels too artificially forced. Thankfully you only need to to complete 3 frontlines specific tasks

I guess you missed it when it came out, that 3 hour match on Soissons where I first made love to Martini-Henry will stay with me for a long time. <3

Epic was the only word to describe those battles, absolutely loved them.