Frontlines? No thanks.

Cortezz0
4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
To DICE
Please don't ever try to give me any incentive with regards to playing your "Frontlines" game-mode.
That is all.
Have a good day.

Comments

• ZombieGent
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    the one where you take two objectives and push the enemy back etc, some of those games can be the most intense matches around or you can get steam rolled, i do recommend giving it a go,
  • Sp3ckledJ1m
    194 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The one where your team waits around and kills all the enemies on the last objective when the rest of the enemy team have capped the next objective before anyone has got there because they don't care about the objective or are too stupid to understand the game mode.
  • KingsportCowboy
    167 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The one where your team waits around and kills all the enemies on the last objective when the rest of the enemy team have capped the next objective before anyone has got there because they don't care about the objective or are too stupid to understand the game mode.
    This morning I played a round on devastation and when we got to C (the church) half the enemy team came back and stayed in it on the balcony after we had already progressed. They just camped there, not even getting kills. I really do wonder about some people.
  • CaptainHardware
    303 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's amazing how frigging unequal most of the map layouts are, such as on Twisted Steel the German tank spawn is much closer to the action then the Allied one. I hate this mode and Tides of War needs to stop being 100% 1 mode specific.
  • COGSx86
    151 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This morning I played a round on devastation and when we got to C (the church) half the enemy team came back and stayed in it on the balcony after we had already progressed. They just camped there, not even getting kills. I really do wonder about some people.

Yea you get campers on conquest but no where near frontlines. This is exaclty why conquest is the go to mode.

However

Conquest would be better for everyone if the objectives were closer together, like in Bf4
  • Austacker
    444 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I detest Frontlines.

Indeed, I detest ANY 'forced' game mode in terms of gaining progression.

You guys at DICE just haven't learned anything, have you?
  • mollyfrank1
    158 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Had a bash. Thats what I got bashed. 5 times straight I spawned in the be instantly killed. When I hit a player in the chest with a panzerfaukst and they stood there and shot me in the head with a pistol time ... oh must be lag eh Dice goons.
  • Radious1987
    511 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dont blame mod, blame people playing it. Potatoes with no clue what to do is the problem.

Frontlines is fun, but if majority of people cant understand simple objective its really not fault of the mode.
  • Singe1989
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just switch it up a bit, are you so keen on playing 1 dimensional gameplay? Jesus Christ just give it a go man! I don’t understand people who say ‘I hate being forced’.

No one has a gun to your head, play battlefield how you want to play it and if you really want the reward buy it at a later date with CC.

Sick of these threads now
  • rockin_master
    373 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dont blame mod, blame people playing it. Potatoes with no clue what to do is the problem.

Frontlines is fun, but if majority of people cant understand simple objective its really not fault of the mode.

The problem is the Simon Says progression system which forces players to perform tasks that are counter to the objective of the game mode they are playing. Add an influx of players that are uninterested in that game mode and are only there for a ToW award and what you get is a big, fat, hairy mess.

A big, fat, hairy mess that EA created -not the players.

• Necron_Canaris
    38 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Frontlines should be renamed Stalemate with the emphasis on Stale
  • DayZEternal1
    121 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It's not that the idea itself is bad, it's just how they presented it. Mainly, there's no safezones.

When you lose against the other team in capturing the objective, the objective on your side opens up with a timer on it. The timer would be there to allow your team to fall back and prepare to defend it. But there are no safezones. Meaning a team can be waiting on the fallback objective with you. Or they could be waiting for you in spawn. Or for whatever reason camp further from the objective behind your spawn with snipers and assaults with semi-autos. Why is this a thing? And to top it off, although it's more of a personal rant, they didn't even bother to allow you to set-up objective wide fortifications for cover, and I'm the support guy that builds the fortifications for you while you search for cover.

Please, add safezones, and maybe people would tolerate the gamemode more.
  • naitch44
    666 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ZombieGent wrote: »
    the one where you take two objectives and push the enemy back etc, some of those games can be the most intense matches around or you can get steam rolled, i do recommend giving it a go,

Id recommend not giving it a go, unless you want to smash your controller against the wall.
  • UltraMG42CamPeR
    345 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I like the chaos of Frontlines, awsum 4 my mighty MG42 ;).
  • Foxassassin
    234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My problem with frontlines isn't the players. It's the design

Whoever caps first has such an insane advantage,let me explain.

Imagine the map having three flags. British >A. B .C< Germans.

Well is the germans take B,and move to A,and the british defend and push back to B? Well the Germans are -already- there capping it before the British can even get on the point,and with defenses set up,it stops the British team from even getting close.

So? The point caps,and it's back to A,which the British team is more likely to loose because some team members will be in bleedout/respawn,or spread out.

Why for the life of me they didn't make a "Clash" phase,where say the contested flag stays neutral for a much longer time and allows both teams to move and fight without one team getting an insane headstart,or have more than one "row" of flags,for example;

A > .B. < C
    British Germans
    D > .E. < F

And have the control points be alternating. Say the previous scenario, ther Germans take B,then go for A,well the British defend,they'd go to E instead. Just some options,but anything is better than what's right now. Way too one sided.
  • JediMastaWyn
    580 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    I think this might be the first TOW I skip because I hate frontlines so much.

You only need to specifically play frontlines 3 times if you follow the lower task path.

Most just come from general play!
  • EA_Rtas
    520 postsMember, EA Staff, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, EA Moderator, Battlefield V
    I've played a fair bit of frontlines lately myself, only issue I tend to run into is when team mates don't play the objective. But thats why I usually play in a squad to be fair, I can see why it'd be frustrating if you're a solo player though
  • StreliziaDeWitt
    160 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Had two matches of frontlines yesterday (twisted steel and Hamada) that took like 4 grand operations time wise to finish.
    Frontlines would be more bearable if they don't stop the timer everytime something has been captured.
  • Kattegat_Twin
    856 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The small player count in Frontlines makes me dislike it. Shame, because it can be really fun sometimes.