Question for the mods: Is Fairfight active yet?

2»

Comments

• Flak88_Achtung
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Merson316 wrote: »
    Hey there!

Yes, FairFight is currently active.

As you may be aware, we upgraded the chat experience in Battlefield V. This new enhancement now allows you to talk to your squad virtually anywhere in the game. One unfortunate side effect of this was the loss of the FairFight ban messages you are used to seeing in Battlefield 1. We are currently investigating a solution for this, no ETA at this point.

I see greater value in the message we send when a cheater is banned from the server you are currently playing in and will be prioritising that over the hourly ban count messages, but I would love to hear your overall feedback and suggestions for the future of these messages.

How are players using damage modifiers? Aimbots and wallhacks are one thing. You can never fully prevent those. But it should not be possible for players to modify the damage values of their weapons.

The server should be rejecting those values with or without anti cheat.

Are you guys using a Trusted Client Network? Because that is the only way a damage modifier could be getting through. The server is taking the players bad inputs and rather than checking it with set values and calculations, it is simply giving the hackers input a stamp of approval. You cant catch that if it is getting through in the first place.

You could run a game like counter strike with no anti cheat, and still people would not be able to modify the damage their guns do. Its because the server doesn't trust the client for those values ever.

• parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Mind_0uT wrote: »
    Hey there!

As you may be aware, we upgraded the chat experience in Battlefield V. This new enhancement now allows you to talk to your squad virtually anywhere in the game. One unfortunate side effect of this was the loss of the FairFight ban messages you are used to seeing in Battlefield 1. We are currently investigating a solution for this, no ETA at this point.

I see greater value in the message we send when a cheater is banned from the server you are currently playing in and will be prioritising that over the hourly ban count messages, but I would love to hear your overall feedback and suggestions for the future of these messages.

I just played with a hacker who went 73-1... Clearly "Fairfight" is working

That people are still cheating doesn't mean FF isn't turned on. Hack user forums have had posts with screenshots of FF BFV ban notices, so cheaters are being banned. Why some hack users seem to be able to get away with for some time is another matter. In some cases it's because game companies like to do bans in waves to make it tougher for hack developers to figure out how their customers got caught. But when someone keeps playing for weeks or months, well that is more difficult to understand. Clearly EA needs to do more, but given that the PC platform is no longer dominant I wonder how much money and effort they'll put into anti-cheat for PC when consoles bring in more money?
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hey there!

PUBG has an interesting feature where ban confirmation messages are sent to players who report a cheater, the messages appear when the game loads. This makes it feel like reporting a suspicious player isn't a waste of time.

It's also troubling that the leaderboards are so full of players who cannot possibly be legit, why can't an intern take a look at those every day and flag the ones who are too good to be true? A few days ago I saw someone who had played three days, had over 1,600 kills and three deaths, his KDR was 544:1. Surely it can't be too hard to spot someone that greedy with his hack. I can understand catching the more restrained cheaters is more difficult, but low hanging fruit like the guy I just mentioned should be gone quickly.

There is a huge perception problem for EA/DICE here, the community isn't seeing results and that can easily turn into players abandoning the game. You need to be seen taking strong action against cheaters, it can't be something that happens out of our sight.
  • alienstout
    680 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm sure they made enough off of PC to pay at least one full-time employee to handle the AC. At the very least.
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    we speak. I'd post his name but I';d get in trouble. As EA likes to hide their cheaters.

I bet he sticks his hand in his pants.
  • Kattegat_Twin
    758 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sk1lld wrote: »
    @Merson316
    Appreciate the responding to the community, as of late it seems this is few and far between.
    For me if we could at least get a message of who is banned on the server we're playing would be enough I think.
    Thank you again.

Merson's post was from November 13, last year...
  • -aarp-19Crib
    713 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 7
    Mind_0uT wrote: »
    Hey there!

I just played with a hacker who went 73-1... Clearly "Fairfight" is working

High KD players should be audited. IOW flagged so that then they cross a certain threshold, there can be video's made and that video is inspected for cheating. That's the least you can do because there aren't that many of them.

And why not buy cheats under a fake account and as soon as they come out, get busy writing scripts to neutralize them right off the bat. I'd chip in!
  • alienstout
    680 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 7
    Oh man Frostbite must have more holes than Swiss cheese... hey wait a minute, I get it now, it's Swedish cheese!
  • TFBisquit
    1332 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Regardless of sales numbers, we purchased a full product. And have the right to expect this product functioning 100%. Allowing any sort of cheat or glitch goes against this.
    So no, they can’t get away with doing nothing, even if it costs them money to maintenance the product.
    Shouldn’t have sold it in the first place if they don’t have the resources to battle these kind of things.
  • produc3
    194 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    TFBisquit wrote: »
    Regardless of sales numbers, we purchased a full product. And have the right to expect this product functioning 100%. Allowing any sort of cheat or glitch goes against this.
    So no, they can’t get away with doing nothing, even if it costs them money to maintenance the product.
    Shouldn’t have sold it in the first place if they don’t have the resources to battle these kind of things.

Naw, you purchased a license to play something they can yank away from you any time. Physical copy? Hey, you have a DVD/Bluray or whatever. Download? They can so most definitely yank it whenever/whatever.

I get where you're coming from, but it's an argument and stance you want to be a bit more weary of.
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 8
    Hey there!

Your extracting the urine aren't you.... haha thats a good one FairFight is active is like saying smoking saves lives.... you must be 4KING mad.
  • TFBisquit
    1332 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    produc3 wrote: »
    TFBisquit wrote: »

Naw, you purchased a license to play something they can yank away from you any time. Physical copy? Hey, you have a DVD/Bluray or whatever. Download? They can so most definitely yank it whenever/whatever.

I get where you're coming from, but it's an argument and stance you want to be a bit more weary of.
    Agreed. It’s just that dice/ea can’t say they don’t have resources for better ac.
    As for ff working, besides the 1hk from mediocre players now and then, I haven’t had the impression of esp users last 2 days.
    Just an impression though, can’t say if ac works when there are no messages and no banlist available.
  • Cerben1
    254 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    this new type of cheats that involve graphic drivers that make every one show up true pore settings like bushes and grass non existing shod not be hard to make sure they don`t work. if some one is shooting the hole team all over the map whit aim bot there most be easy to ban that player for a short time and look in to that account trow battle-log after they got banned for if its an yber skilled player let him/her play but i think most of the cases its a lucky streak or cheats involved lucky streaks dont last an hole round i think. overlay and other stuff needed for wall hack cold be stopped in some way as well. macros for Auto fire whit semis and recoil compensation for gun play is also cheats they shod be banned as well. to much client to server server to client data will probably be a problem whit the not so good current network problem but it shod be a way or we are stuck whit cheaters and the game will die