MEDICS are FINE if given 3X Scope DEBATE

Comments

• BaronVonGoon
    7051 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah the only reason I've barely played as medic is it limits guns to 1.5x. not good enough. Sure you can change your playstyle but I'd rather have something more versatile. Medic needs minimum 2x otherwise it's going to continue to be the least popular class.
  • bran1986
    5913 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah the only reason I've barely played as medic is it limits guns to 1.5x. not good enough. Sure you can change your playstyle but I'd rather have something more versatile. Medic needs minimum 2x otherwise it's going to continue to be the least popular class.

2x would be fine.
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think one of the biggest balancing issues with the classes is that medic and recon have very limited optimal engagement ranges while assault and support are great at all ranges. If 3x scopes were removed from assault and support it would help reduce the average engagement range thus benefiting medic while also benefiting recon by reducing assault and support's long ranged effectiveness.
  • VindictiV_V
    1347 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You people are missing the point. Let me make it clearer for you, it's in the name of the class itself: Medic. If you want to play team support, if you want to resurrect players and resupply med packs, then this is the class for you. If you want to assault other players at range, then you should play Assault.

BFV is a squad level game. There's meant to be perks and weaknesses to every class because the intent is for you to operate together as a unit. If you adjust your attitude and understand you can't be all things in all situations then you'll start to play the game as it's intended and really find the joy of it.

Wait, are you implying assault and support have weaknesses?

Also, you're the one missing the point and, as a LOT of others have stated, removing 3x scope on assault and support is the way to go.
  • VindictiV_V
    1347 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    I think one of the biggest balancing issues with the classes is that medic and recon have very limited optimal engagement ranges while assault and support are great at all ranges. If 3x scopes were removed from assault and support it would help reduce the average engagement range thus benefiting medic while also benefiting recon by reducing assault and support's long ranged effectiveness.

Exactly this.
  • celtictaron
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Exactly remove 3x from all but recon give medic 2x that way assault medic and support all have decent effective range with 2x while it also resolved assaults sniping with their semi autos
  • fragnstein
    792 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    How effective are 9mm bullets at range? Smg are close quarter combat weapons.
  • Dr_X2345
    774 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't think a 3x scope on SMGs is necessary, although maybe a 2x on some of them could work quite well. I do however think that Medic should get some faster firing semi-auto rifles or carbines (think the M1A1 as opposed to the Gewehr 43). The M1A1 is technically a carbine actually, at least according to its name. I think these weapons, maybe equipped with 2x or 3x scopes, would offer the Medic class a more ranged playstyle option, but limits their effectiveness at close range somewhat. They also wouldn't really be snipers/marksmen as much as they were in BF1, instead going for faster rates of fire at slightly closer range. The Carbine specification is also quite varied, ranging from the M1A1 to the Commando Carbine, a short bolt-action rifle which is near silent which we saw in the War Stories.
  • zenn_nme
    851 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I would prefer a 2x on SMG's & LMG's... With LMG's sometimes the 1x just lacks the zoom, while the 3x is too much zoom. With SMG's I think you can just be a tad bit more accurate when able to zoom, despite having the 1.5x iron sights...
  • DirtyDog1974
    317 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I am curious why they do not move the M1907 SF to medic, it seems to fit, fast firing and would be good up to medium range at least. Also I was wondering if anyone knows of we have any solid data yet on break down of class usage yet, anyone know?
  • Vinicarioca
    230 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    fragnstein wrote: »
    How effective are 9mm bullets at range? Smg are close quarter combat weapons.

Killed a couple guys above 100m this morning. But of course they have a lot of advantage because of 3x scopes.
  • BigWyrm
    325 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It doesn't make sense to put a 3x scope on guns that aren't accurate at that distance.
    A 2x scope would be appreciated though.
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    1419 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    a 3x scope on the SMGs wont really help the class. SMGs are still worse in terms of sustained accuracy, DPS, spread, etc.
    The class needs something like carbines (M1A1/Gewehr 1-5) to divert from SMGs giving more versatility that way. and then the carbines could get 3x scopes or if assault is too scared of an actual challenge it would be 2x scope.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    2233 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Would a x3 scope even fit on a STEN gun? Stupid idea. Only snipers should get x3 anyway
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    1419 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Would a x3 scope even fit on a STEN gun? Stupid idea. Only snipers should get x3 anyway

i think historical accuracy and realism have deserted this game a long time ago.....
  • pest174
    811 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'd love to see a 2x or 3x scope on the medic weapons. Even if I don't use it for engagements, I can use it to assess my surroundings a little better and be able to spot enemies from a distance. This way I'll know how far I have to go to close the gap. It gets old real quick getting shot from every direction and not having a clue where it's coming from.

I'm playing on a PS4 with an older 1080p TV, and I can't see jack with the 1x sights, even tho I sit pretty close to the TV. At a certain distance everything on screen gets blocky and full-on Minecraft graphics, so anything that improves visibility at range is welcomed.

• Loqtrall
    12426 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Lmao as someone with every smg at level 10 and Mp40 as a most used weapon, no, we don't need 3x scopes on medic. Every other class but Recon just needs to have them taken away.

I see the effectiveness of ARs, DMR's, and lmgs going way down if those scopes are taken away from them. My guess for that comes from the fact that everyone and thier mom I see running those classes does so using 3x scopes on whichever weapon they're using. Even the damn sweeper.

There's no need for that, there's no need for nearly every weapon type to succeed in myriad ranged combat solely because it has access to the same scope a recon player does. Axe the 3x from every other class and you'll see this ranged meta go way down.
  • JamieCurnock
    735 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    We all know there is an issue with visibility in the game, if they removed 3x scope then the only people who could actually see enemies at medium distance with any ease (not engage but actually see them) would be recon. I use the 3x as a way of seeing people ahead even if I don't engage them.

I don't generally play medic because I can't see people at medium distance with the scopes they have, I'd be down with giving medics 3x scopes rather than remove them from all other classes but recon.

How about... Remove the 3x from recon so recon only engage at the distance they should by using 6x? This is obviously a dumb idea as it makes recon unviable unless you camp at a distance that the 6x is useful, same principle as removing the 3x from other classes, its unviable unless you stay in a close quarters area because visibility at medium distance is an issue.
  • LittleMissNoobie
    21 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's not enough that some medics want to be assault, you now want to be snipers too. Medics are fine, we don't need more snipers in the game.
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    It's not enough that some medics want to be assault, you now want to be snipers too. Medics are fine, we don't need more snipers in the game.
    and your just above 60 minutes of playing medic qualify in what way to assess the problem surrounding the medic class in what way? a statement like "medics are fine" proves nothing but a lack of perception of said surrounding problems. because there has been ample evidence presented on the threads regarding medic that shows how it compares to the other classes so please read up on them if you need to i can lick you 5 separate threads. and i would recommend playing the class for a bit more to make an actual believable opinion on it before trying to sound smart here.