MEDICS are FINE if given 3X Scope DEBATE

Comments

• alienstout
    680 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Put whatever scope you want on the medic guns - they will still suck because rate of fire and other issues.
  • 9IronKiller
    103 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The smgs are fine now in their chosen range. I would not say no to a few extra smoke grenades, allowing me to get up close and personal
  • gibonez
    296 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I really do love how most people seem to have come around to the idea of magnified optics only on the recon class. 3x scopes on assault and support do hurt gameplay.
  • NLBartmaN
    4482 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    gibonez wrote: »
    I really do love how most people seem to have come around to the idea of magnified optics only on the recon class. 3x scopes on assault and support do hurt gameplay.

For me it is the biggest reason (in combination with the very open maps and fast TTK) why this game feels like "campfield".

Everyone knows they will be instant killed when they prone, have scope glare, move in open, revive someone, etc, so they stay at a distance, hide and use assault with 3x scope too.
  • alienstout
    680 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    gibonez wrote: »

See this post: https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/comment/1376639/#Comment_1376639

Scopes were a thing, stop trying to nerf one class to fix perceived problems on another.
  • KingsportCowboy
    167 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm agreeable to anything that will change assault. It's just too much. Idk the last time I was killed with an AR, all you see is semi-autos because they're blatantly too strong.
  • alienstout
    I'm agreeable to anything that will change assault. It's just too much. Idk the last time I was killed with an AR, all you see is semi-autos because they're blatantly too strong.

Because they are supposed to be! That's the point - they assault.
  • NLBartmaN
    alienstout wrote: »

They DON'T!

They stay at a distance and instant kill everyone with their 3x scope and without glare and (almost) no drop or recoil!
  • KingsportCowboy

But they don't assault. They solo tanks, have the majority of explosives, recoiless semi auto rifles/the best weapons in the game, can out-shoot the other 3 at any range etc. If you think assault is okay you either main it or aren't paying enough attention to 'balance'. Though dice wouldn't know about that, really.
  • alienstout
    I do run assault because medic doesn't work for me in BFV with those wimpy guns. I tried and after pounding my head against the wall for too long I adapted my play style for assault.

I am of the opinion the whole gun tree system sucks. Give medics access to the same guns as assault, stop the specialization BS and just let us play. I do think that if we don't have glint on 3x - neither should recon. Either that or give assault glint.
  • NLBartmaN
    I do think that if we don't have glint on 3x - neither should recon.

Recon has no sweetspot and longer reload/time between shots, so they SHOULD have 3x/6x scope.
    If you don't HS as Recon, you have a huge problem and 9 of 10 times your target gets away.
  • alienstout
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    I do think that if we don't have glint on 3x - neither should recon.

Recon has no sweetspot and longer reload/time between shots, so they SHOULD have 3x/6x scope.
    If you don't HS as Recon, you have a huge problem and 9 of 10 times your target gets away.

I'm not saying they should not have better scopes, I'm saying the glint should be universal in it's application for a particular zoom level.
  • KingsportCowboy
    I feel like that's a little extreme, but I don't think a class should have a solution for everything. Assault just doesn't have a weakness. I completely agree with the scope thing, either one would help significantly as would only letting recon have 3x and capping everyone else at 2x or 1.5x. Medic needs a mid-range option and recon needs an slr that behaves more like the semi autos and another gadget like dynamite. I think support is probably okay, but taking away 3x from lmgs wouldn't be a bad idea. There's a lot of small adjustments would help and many good suggestions on these boards but dice doesn't do anything about it. I would love to see the raw data on it to see if it's as inbalanced as it feels.
  • NLBartmaN

I'm not saying they should not have better scopes, I'm saying the glint should be universal in it's application for a particular zoom level.

No other class then Recon should have more than 2x scopes ...
  • SirTerrible
    1713 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    SMGs aren't effective enough at the ranges you'd typically use a 3x for. Personally wouldn't add a 3x to any SMG even if I had the option. It'd make them worse.
  • Vinicarioca
    230 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Lmao as someone with every smg at level 10 and Mp40 as a most used weapon, no, we don't need 3x scopes on medic. Every other class but Recon just needs to have them taken away.

I see the effectiveness of ARs, DMR's, and lmgs going way down if those scopes are taken away from them. My guess for that comes from the fact that everyone and thier mom I see running those classes does so using 3x scopes on whichever weapon they're using. Even the damn sweeper.

There's no need for that, there's no need for nearly every weapon type to succeed in myriad ranged combat solely because it has access to the same scope a recon player does. Axe the 3x from every other class and you'll see this ranged meta go way down.

Same here. Totally agree with you
  • Vinicarioca
    230 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Remove the 3x scopes on assault and lmgs.

Easy as that.

Now everybody just uses 3x scopes, engages from long range and don't PFTO.

Plus i feel ankward when i outsniper a lot of snipers when i use my scopes .
  • SirTerrible
    1713 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The 3x is just another way to fight the garbage-tier visibility. Give semi autos spread increase per shot like in BF1 and perhaps consider adding a bit more horizontal recoil to any automatic that is currently too effective at range. That should help add more balance to the game without removing our bandaid fix for visibility, ie the 3x. Remove glint from the Sniper semi autos as well. Just removing the 3x without changing anything else probably wouldn't be the miracle fix people think it'd be.
  • Kayback
    367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    You people are missing the point. Let me make it clearer for you, it's in the name of the class itself: Medic. If you want to play team support, if you want to resurrect players and resupply med packs, then this is the class for you. If you want to assault other players at range, then you should play Assault.

BFV is a squad level game. There's meant to be perks and weaknesses to every class because the intent is for you to operate together as a unit. If you adjust your attitude and understand you can't be all things in all situations then you'll start to play the game as it's intended and really find the joy of it.

By that logic Recon should lose their sniper rifles and get a self defence gun like an SMG or SHOTGUN but get better reconisance tools.

Up close Recon was great in BFBC2, BF3 and BF4.
  • Pyr0Plazma
    404 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    None of the Medic's SMG's would really benefit from it. As many others have said they'd be better off just removing 3x scopes from most of the classes (though I think some weapons like Bren should retain it in order to give a Niche as right now it's an inferior Lewis gun).

The Assaults SAR's should all get 2x scopes to compensate, that or fix the aperture sights to not be so horrendous.