Weekly Debrief

DISCUSSION: Our Anti-Cheat Approach to Battlefield V

Comments

• alienstout
    680 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    warslag wrote: »
    @Braddock512

What is stopping EA from banding with other game producers to request the removal of cheating related videos from YouTube and taking down websites ore removing them from searches?

Will EA lobby governments to specifically outlaw the production of cheats in video games and work with law enforcement and the courts to pursue those who do make them?

I do think they could go after the makers of the cheats. With GDPR I doubt they can do much with the users in Europe and probably not much longer in the U.S. when we eventually get a GDPR-like privacy law.
  • Misterpigs
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    so nothing just like BF1.

great!
  • DCSTomcat
    1055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    For the last bullet point, would embedding moles in major cheat sites help?
  • Hycor
    46 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hycor wrote: »
    @rockin_master
    Not sure you understand the meaning of "Constructive feedback", but it looks like a mod felt you needed a timeout to pause and reflect on it.
    Take care.

-Braddock512-

Dont act surprised when we get angry at you, we have all the rights to be mad at you.
    You promised us a product which in turn failed to deliver, you gives us promises that you fail to keep (TOW/marketplace update) and when we criticize your game you call us uneducated.

We PAYED money for this and we expect it to work, to not have a working anti cheat system 3 months after launch is a catastrophe.

Hycor, with all due respect, please don't drag me into your arguments. I'm not mad, I just don't appreciate being spoken to like an ignorant child. I find it strange the community manager doesn't understand how this forum works and tried to poke a finger in my eye thinking I wouldn't be able to speak up for myself.

This is how adults speak about cheating in video games.

Apex shipped with this day one. A robust, fully functional, fully supported, tested and proven anti-cheat system. It's not perfect, it can't expose every last bad actors but it is light years ahead of anything BFV has or ever will have.

Meanwhile EA continues to act as if implementing an effective AC system in BFV is akin to sending men to the moon.

Iam just sayin, we have a right to be mad since we payed money, but yea each to his own about how much you expected from the game. I went in with huge expectations and it became a big let down for me. This game had huge potential, but know I dont know man, one fiasco after the other.
    Its like this, if you buy a brand new BMW for a lot of money and it turns out to function like 40 year old Volvo thats ready to fall apart, wouldn't you be mad?
  • rockin_master
    373 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 8
    @rockin_master
    Not sure you understand the meaning of "Constructive feedback", but it looks like a mod felt you needed a timeout to pause and reflect on it.
    Take care.

-Braddock512-

Dont act surprised when we get angry at you, we have all the rights to be mad at you.
    You promised us a product which in turn failed to deliver, you gives us promises that you fail to keep (TOW/marketplace update) and when we criticize your game you call us uneducated.

We PAYED money for this and we expect it to work, to not have a working anti cheat system 3 months after launch is a catastrophe.

Hycor, with all due respect, please don't drag me into your arguments. I'm not mad, I just don't appreciate being spoken to like an ignorant child. I find it strange the community manager doesn't understand how this forum works and tried to poke a finger in my eye thinking I wouldn't be able to speak up for myself.

Apex shipped with this day one. A robust, fully functional, fully supported, tested and proven anti-cheat system. It's not perfect, it can't expose every last bad actors but it is light years ahead of anything BFV has or ever will have.

Meanwhile EA continues to act as if implementing an effective AC system in BFV is akin to sending men to the moon.

Iam just sayin, we have a right to be mad since we payed money, but yea each to his own about how much you expected from the game. I went in with huge expectations and it became a big let down for me. This game had huge potential, but know I dont know man, one fiasco after the other.
    Its like this, if you buy a brand new BMW for a lot of money and it turns out to function like 40 year old Volvo thats ready to fall apart, wouldn't you be mad?

Thanks for the reply and I agree with you 100%. I also think it's extremely important not take that anger and lash out in the forums with it. It's unproductive. I was admonished for merely being critical and am trying to avoid making things any more difficult for myself or others.

• Hycor
    46 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 8
    @rockin_master
    Take care.

-Braddock512-

Thanks for the reply and I agree with you 100%. I also think it's extremely important not take that anger and lash out in the forums with it. It's unproductive. I was admonished for merely being critical and am trying to avoid making things any more difficult for myself or others.

I disagree with the later, I think we must make our voices heard wherever we can. As long as you keep it civilized.
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    FoxOzone wrote: »
    Kauzer_RF wrote: »
    To do list:
    - in game few clicks report method. Also If cheating player gets for example 20 reports from 64 playing on that server ppl, he should be kicked from server and notification sended to EA\DICE support crew;
    - maximum cruel panishment for cheaters, i mean origin account ban;

In my opinion, (suspected) hackers should not be banned from Origin. This is because some people might just be good, and seem like hackers. This would basically get legit, skilled players completely locked out of their Origin games. Of course, this could be a good method if the player is CLEARLY hacking, but milder hacks, such as WH (if it's hidden very well) can be hard to spot and good players can seem like hackers due to their awareness and aim.

I'm was not speaking about suspected players, i'm speaking about ppl which shoot in the skys with MG and killing enemys at another end of the map etc. 100% confirmed cheater should be punished very hard, as much as devs could do it in theory. Unfair game lovers should clearly understand what will they recieve after using cheats. At the moment we have cheaters because the got ban only on one server, and nothing stops them to just join to another one. Full account ban will fix it.

Yeah, right....usually people like you who try to defend suspected players are usually a cheater.....gotta love it..."please don't ban me for being a good player" when in fact your a pos that can't play without cheating making the game suck for righteous players. I been gaming ( EA BF series for 20 years ) and love the whining that goes with being banned.... miss Punkbuster, still believe it's a great anti cheat engine.....but I will say this: if EA don't get a handle on this soon, they'll be taking a worse than they already have hit cause we'll find something else to play... not like there ain't a ton of **** out there..

Yeah lets get back Punkbuster! It used to be great or atleast a lot better than this :smile:

Punkbuster didn't do anything. There's a reason why no hand has used it since Hardline. I'm all for other solutions though. Eac seems to be working for Apex thus far. Let's see how it holds up when the game is a month old.
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    KingAl72 wrote: »
    7. I play bfv in 4k on a 10 bit, 1,512 nit Samsung 43ks7500 tv, sure stuck at 60hz but BFV is a visually stunning game at times. Meaning, imagine the kudos headlines if BFV could truly became cheater free? Your stock/share prices would SURELY increase as there's MILLIONS of clean players sick to death of cheating hacking parasites! You would attract players that would not normally try the battlefield games, simply for the enjoyment and pleasure of playing a cheater free game.

Playing a fps person shooter on a TV when in the PC platform isn't a great idea. You're introducing unnecessary latency and I'm not just mentioning the 60hz.

Monitors have faster response times.
  • Cropulus
    274 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 10
    bait

I was about to respond in a similar fashion, as I agree with you wholeheartedly. I think this is as much of a problem within the franchise as cheating is, but if you solve the cheating problem this will largely resolve itself as well. However, let's just keep it constructive :smile:
    Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • NicDrywall
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I honestly don't understand why you (DICE) can't state the types of cheats in use and the timeline for addressing them? I don't want you to get into the specifics on techniques or approaches, but we've all seen the videos, so we know what the cheats are (wall hack, aim bot, damage hack, LOD bias mod, hacked mini-map, etc.)

Why not admit you know what the cheats are, and that you are working on addressing them? I admit I'd like to know when (timeline) for the various changes but maybe you want to surprise the cheaters with a surprise patch - I guess I can accept that but I'm not so sure that's a valid excuse.

But by showing us you understand our pain and the impact on game confidence that cheating has, it would go a long way to showing us you get it. Right now, the vague statements don't inspire that. Instead they make me fear you don't understand the scope of the problem. And that makes me lose interest in BFV and that makes me sad.
  • alienstout
    680 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    FoxOzone wrote: »
    To do list:
    - in game few clicks report method. Also If cheating player gets for example 20 reports from 64 playing on that server ppl, he should be kicked from server and notification sended to EA\DICE support crew;
    - maximum cruel panishment for cheaters, i mean origin account ban;

In my opinion, (suspected) hackers should not be banned from Origin. This is because some people might just be good, and seem like hackers. This would basically get legit, skilled players completely locked out of their Origin games. Of course, this could be a good method if the player is CLEARLY hacking, but milder hacks, such as WH (if it's hidden very well) can be hard to spot and good players can seem like hackers due to their awareness and aim.

I'm was not speaking about suspected players, i'm speaking about ppl which shoot in the skys with MG and killing enemys at another end of the map etc. 100% confirmed cheater should be punished very hard, as much as devs could do it in theory. Unfair game lovers should clearly understand what will they recieve after using cheats. At the moment we have cheaters because the got ban only on one server, and nothing stops them to just join to another one. Full account ban will fix it.

Yeah, right....usually people like you who try to defend suspected players are usually a cheater.....gotta love it..."please don't ban me for being a good player" when in fact your a pos that can't play without cheating making the game suck for righteous players. I been gaming ( EA BF series for 20 years ) and love the whining that goes with being banned.... miss Punkbuster, still believe it's a great anti cheat engine.....but I will say this: if EA don't get a handle on this soon, they'll be taking a worse than they already have hit cause we'll find something else to play... not like there ain't a ton of **** out there..

Yeah lets get back Punkbuster! It used to be great or atleast a lot better than this :smile:

PB just isn't up to the task anymore. Too old, not updated, not relevant. There are options available to them though, they just have to spend the $$.
  • Private_Tom_7
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I think that you should introduce an anti-cheat program of "Battle Eye" or "Easy Anti-Cheat". "Fair fight" has no work at all. I think that DICE should spend money on measures against hackers.
  • AduaneroKill
    95 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I am grateful for this post, as I am really sad about current game state.

I bought game on December, and I didnt find any hacker or " suspicius" player until last week.

I just played this week like 20-25 matches and in ALMOST all was a hacker, with no doubt. Half players leaving all the way.

So I guess some hack was developed two weeks ago.

In google you can easily find all the webs ( chinese ofc) that sell you hacks.

Why EA allow this? Its because they are chinese webs? What can you do to stop this?

I know its a hard word, but literally all Battlefield comunnity depends of you ( as you depend of BF comunnity) because anybody want to invest time ( lots of time ) in a hacked game.
  • warslag
    1548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    @rockin_master
    Take care.

-Braddock512-

I just watched the whole video. At the end of the Q&A part at around 46:49, a Half-Life mod producer explains that his mods are infested with the same cheats used in Counterstrike. He asks in what way can he prevent this happening, as mods don't make money and, therefore, cannot afford anti-cheats. The EAC staffer basically tells him that, apart from "obfuscating the code", there's nothing he can do. Apart from not investing so much of his time into making a mod that's destined to be doomed by the cheats available in commercial games.

Which basically means that all the talent, creativity and dedication the mod producer puts into making his free-to-play mods is destroyed by people who produce and use cheats.

People who make cheats just don't care who they hurt.
  • TamKingski
    1745 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    How about us console users who are seeing more and more videos of players using xim/cronsumax and other devices with built in macros that reduce recoil/fire guns at max rate with 0 effort? Due to the apparent lack of enforcement or even a statement from EA/Dice wether they find macro use acceptable on console is giving players the green light to use them,even in these very forums players admit to using them as they have 0 fear of admitting or using these built in cheat systems.

Why cant EA/Dice enforce their own terms of service in regards to macro use on console and if its harder to detect then why is there no system in place to catch and detect these cheats on consoles?
  • Pelliy
    TamKingski wrote: »
    How about us console users who are seeing more and more videos of players using xim/cronsumax and other devices with built in macros that reduce recoil/fire guns at max rate with 0 effort? Due to the apparent lack of enforcement or even a statement from EA/Dice wether they find macro use acceptable on console is giving players the green light to use them,even in these very forums players admit to using them as they have 0 fear of admitting or using these built in cheat systems.

Why cant EA/Dice enforce their own terms of service in regards to macro use on console and if its harder to detect then why is there no system in place to catch and detect these cheats on consoles?

Did you even read the blog? They alluded to the console cheaters
This discussion has been closed.