There are indeed cheaters on console in this game!

Comments

• TEKNOCODE
    10804 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    ackers75 wrote: »
    Oh please don’t come out with stuff about people having disabilities using things like xim.
    I find it a truly disgusting argument that xim users hide behind!

Lmmfao I used Microsoft adaptive controllers in regards to disabled people, you know, the controllers that got an ad during the damn superbowl.

Also, I don't and have never used Xim, Cronusmax, or anything like that. So I'm not a Xim user trying to "hide behind" anything. I use the same controller I've used on my Xbone since I bought it in 2013.

My bad I thought you was referring to these xim things so my apologies.
    You can’t seriously believe a thumb is just as precise at recoil control and target acquisition than a hand on a mouse.
    It’s night and day superior on a mouse than it ever will be with a controller

I don't believe that, but I'm also not dumb enough to believe that swapping from a controller to a m&kb will magically make you more accurate. I don't believe that because I've seen the opposite occur in real life, in person. I told my Overwatch-loving friend about the Xim Apex when it came out and what it essentially does, and he was sold. He bought one within days and invited me over to see it AND play BF1 on it.

Not only did I see him fail flat out on OW using it, but I myself, as someone who has regularly and daily played BF games on a controller since BC2 (played on PC before that), did absolutely awful playing BF1 using a m&kb. To the extent I unplugged the Xim and finished the one match I played on a controller.

It is not a magical device that instantaneously makes you good. It will not boost your accuracy by default.
    I can’t use mk. My kd would tank to negative tree fitty.
  • JamieCurnock
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Oh please don’t come out with stuff about people having disabilities using things like xim.

Lmmfao I used Microsoft adaptive controllers in regards to disabled people, you know, the controllers that got an ad during the damn superbowl.

Also, I don't and have never used Xim, Cronusmax, or anything like that. So I'm not a Xim user trying to "hide behind" anything. I use the same controller I've used on my Xbone since I bought it in 2013.

2013! Good job! That's a long lasting controller!
  • Jamesonoid
    406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've been calling BS on this thread because there's no cheating on console. But 177 posts so far make me want to ask, is there something new on this front or is it just the cryharding of scrubs who can't take someone killing them without claiming it's a hacker because they're clearly so l33t?

Nothing really new, talks of the Cronusmax, something about scripts and things that emulate input and whether they are cheating or not(I think mouse and keyboard users got brought into this as well?) and the new thing is this guy on PS4 who uses ghost accounts to switch to the winning team and possibly gain info on where the enemy players are.

Other than the PS4 guy(check out SMK gaming on the tubes if you want to know more) we haven't seen any proof of cheaters/hackers on console.

Well you mentioned Cronusmax with the no recoil, rapid fire, stick aim, auto spotting and the rest. That's not cheating ? Or are you trolling us?

Yes, I'm trolling you, you caught me.

There is no proof of the Cronus working, just because they say it does those things doesn't mean it works. The videos that you linked us to and his full review that I linked that show the Cronus doesn't really show any of those features working (besides that clip on the Lewis gun but that can be achieved with recoil control). His footage is mediocre at best, is composed of cherry picked single and double kills, and doesn't do anything out of the ordinary or impressive.

He isn't a legitimate source that you can trust, and I wouldn't make decisions on whether it works based on his word. Like when he was showing the top down angle on the controller of the "rapid fire" script Vs. Manually firing fast. When he fired manually he took an unnaturally long motion to fire, to make it seem to fire slower than you actually can. That's just one example of him skewing things in favor of the Cronus.

I still believe the Cronus is a sham product with false claims and haven't seen proof otherwise.
  • NemoDahFish
    123 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    There is cheating on consoles. Video proof posted on youtube by SMK Gaming.

Im not talking about aimbots and macros but it is definetly cheating.
  • alienstout
    680 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Why does everyone keep talking about the lamer playing of 4 consoles at once? That is the most rudimentary form of "cheating" I have ever seen and requires substantial layout of time and money, making the barriers to entry very high.

You should be more concerned about the built-in macro controllers and XIMs.
  • NemoDahFish
    123 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    alienstout wrote: »

Why does everyone keep talking about the lamer playing of 4 consoles at once? That is the most rudimentary form of "cheating" I have ever seen and requires substantial layout of time and money, making the barriers to entry very high.

I think that you should be more concerned that such obvious and rudimentary form of cheating is still happening and EA is not reacting on it. How hard is it for Dice go spectate few of his games and see whats happening.

Bet 1million of those sold units are ghost accounts.
  • rockin_master
    373 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Why are you dogging and scolding every single person that brings up the SMK GAMING video is a much better question. Why are you putting cheating in quotes? Why are you telling people what they should or shouldn't be concerned about? Why are you spending so much time and energy doing this?

These aren't rhetorical questions. It's clear that you and a few others are doing nothing more than trying to push the discussion off topic.

Why? -once again not an actual rhetorical question. There is an obvious agenda behind these repeated actions.
  • DCSTomcat
    1055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Built-in macro controllers are obsolete because of the aforementioned devices like Cronusmax and Titan Two.
  • alienstout
    680 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Why? -once again not an actual rhetorical question. There is an obvious agenda behind these repeated actions.

I posted a nice, long-winded reply to this that I think got flagged for moderation. Stay-tuned!
  • alienstout

Why are you dogging and scolding every single person that brings up the SMK GAMING video is a much better question. Why are you putting cheating in quotes? Why are you telling people what they should or shouldn't be concerned about? Why are you spending so much time and energy doing this?

These aren't rhetorical questions. It's clear that you and a few others are doing nothing more than trying to push the discussion off topic.

The "agenda" and my use of "quotes" is not the question. It's why the brigade on this SMK thing? This is a smokescreen to much more obvious "cheating" problems going on out there in Battlefield-land. Your personal attack is unwarranted because we actually do agree that "cheating" is a "thing." I do not agree that some lonely dude-or-dudette setting up multiple instances of a game is a rallying cry.

Should they reset the stats, sure but they need to do their homework on it, not count on someone else because of whatever legal thing that could cause them harm.

Maybe the focus should be on how that person was able to do this, you know, the idle accounts coming from the same IP address maybe?

I applaud the work the video maker put into exposing the person, I just don't think it's that earth-shaking in the grand scheme of EA's Battlefield cheat/hack problem.
  • JamieCurnock
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    naitch44 wrote: »
    There are indeed not cheaters on consoles because neither console will run a game at all if it has any modified portion compared to the actual release game, let alone allow you to run said modified games in an online environment.

If there's one thing Microsoft and Sony seem to have learned from the last gen of consoles, it's uniformity and hacker prevention.

You're saying there is no cheating on consoles?

Rapid reload. Rapid Fire. Auto Spot.

That's not cheating?

This blows me away.

What is even more staggering is that there are people condoning this and saying its not cheating, as I said that blows me away.

Woah! That recoil is nuts. That is def cheating and shame on anyone who uses it
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Yep, all that's gone wrong with it so far is the rubber covering the thumbsticks has worn down to the point some of the plastic underneath is starting to show through. It's gone through a lot of use and abuse.
  • JamieCurnock

Yep, all that's gone wrong with it so far is the rubber covering the thumbsticks has worn down to the point some of the plastic underneath is starting to show through. It's gone through a lot of use and abuse.

mine did the same, didn't last that long though. Got a deal on the elite controller, it's was great but developed really bad stick drift after 12 months, took apart a standard pad and switched out the sticks for replaceable ones from the elite, now I can just replace them if they wear down!
  • oXGeminiXo
    355 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    full951 wrote: »
    to deny console gamers of such control is not fair
    It is fair! More fair then the opposite alternative were you guys run **** like this on a console...

Only a normal Xbox controller should be allowed for playing on console, everything else should be bannable (but it is not, which I think is BS and hurt many descent players out there)...

You do know Microsoft has made a bunch of controllers that could offer advantages. Not to mention I feel dice has made these a non issue due to no spotting, better gunplay, rof limits and if you goto your settings you can tweak deadzones to be more precise and fire semi auto faster.
  • stabbinhobo
    581 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Heck.. if you want "anti recoil" just play with any of the assault DMR's... it's built right into the game. :p
  • ElliotLH
    8193 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

mine did the same, didn't last that long though. Got a deal on the elite controller, it's was great but developed really bad stick drift after 12 months, took apart a standard pad and switched out the sticks for replaceable ones from the elite, now I can just replace them if they wear down!

That's a great little life hack right there! I'll need to remember that one for the future.

My elite is having an issue with the left stick right now but thankfully it's still in warranty.
  • JamieCurnock
    ElliotLH wrote: »

That's a great little life hack right there! I'll need to remember that one for the future.

My elite is having an issue with the left stick right now but thankfully it's still in warranty.

Mine was a month out of warranty, really annoying. You can buy the elite sticks separately if you don't have a broken elite pad to butcher. Only about £20 I think.

Did that with my PS4 pro pad before I got the one x, replaced the PS4 sticks with Xbox elite sticks, worked a treat.
  • ElliotLH
    8193 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »

Mine was a month out of warranty, really annoying. You can buy the elite sticks separately if you don't have a broken elite pad to butcher. Only about £20 I think.

Did that with my PS4 pro pad before I got the one x, replaced the PS4 sticks with Xbox elite sticks, worked a treat.

As man that really sucks, but at least you came up with a nifty solution. I'm just going to take mine back to the shop and replace it so I got lucky. I might buy some spare sticks though and put them on my red controller to make it look snazzy. Good tip, Thanks man.
  • PrezMtDewCamacho
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    This MACROS/scripts stuff is infecting BF3 as well. You can spot them via insane headshot/kill %, low accuracy (they will spray rounds in to the air as to not get caught) and noob tatics, such as standing out in the open on TDM Canals, headshotting most everyone. I've found 3 in my sever over the last week, one is playing on DICE severs now, as I've started messaging every server owner left on the old game.