Weekly BF

DISCUSSION: Our Anti-Cheat Approach to Battlefield V

Comments

• TamKingski
    1745 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Pelliy wrote: »
    TamKingski wrote: »
    How about us console users who are seeing more and more videos of players using xim/cronsumax and other devices with built in macros that reduce recoil/fire guns at max rate with 0 effort? Due to the apparent lack of enforcement or even a statement from EA/Dice wether they find macro use acceptable on console is giving players the green light to use them,even in these very forums players admit to using them as they have 0 fear of admitting or using these built in cheat systems.

Why cant EA/Dice enforce their own terms of service in regards to macro use on console and if its harder to detect then why is there no system in place to catch and detect these cheats on consoles?

Did you even read the blog? They alluded to the console cheaters

Yes it was vauge and didnt clarify anything.
    Im talking more about macro use on third party devices such as cronsumax/xim etc. Does dice consider these devices cheating on console?
  • PrezMtDewCamacho
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited February 8
    After spending an hour in CronusMax's forums reading the actual methods and effects of the scripts, recoil compensation features, etc they offer, I'm ready for serial numbers and licensed controllers only. This is about to explode on Fortnight and thus any upcoming Battle Royale game. It causes ugly, noobish, troll gameplay.
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    How about us console users who are seeing more and more videos of players using xim/cronsumax and other devices with built in macros that reduce recoil/fire guns at max rate with 0 effort? Due to the apparent lack of enforcement or even a statement from EA/Dice wether they find macro use acceptable on console is giving players the green light to use them,even in these very forums players admit to using them as they have 0 fear of admitting or using these built in cheat systems.

Why cant EA/Dice enforce their own terms of service in regards to macro use on console and if its harder to detect then why is there no system in place to catch and detect these cheats on consoles?

Im talking more about macro use on third party devices such as cronsumax/xim etc. Does dice consider these devices cheating on console?

It's clear to me that they think no recoil script is cheating on console if no recoil Scriptt is cheating on PC.

They'll probably work with console devs to disable the plug-in

As far as xim I don't know. Considering both Sony and Ms have licensed mmk or mnk adapters, I doubt it is.
  • Sk1lld
    554 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Obviously someone made the decision to release the game in this state. It was a bad decision, that is likely to reverberate through all titles released by this company.
    Let that sink in a bit.
    As far as tips, it's a bit late for that. Like wrangling cats IMHO.
  • TamKingski
    1745 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

It's clear to me that they think no recoil script is cheating on console if no recoil Scriptt is cheating on PC.

As far as xim I don't know. Considering both Sony and Ms have licensed mmk or mnk adapters, I doubt it is.
    EA/Dice have all the power here,if a sony/microsoft licenced product is allowing cheats in the form of macros to compromise their iintellectual property including EA/Dice's terms of service then sony/microsoft is obligated to put a stop to it.

This is something that EA/Dice need to request from sony not just the consumers imo.
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

EA/Dice have all the power here,if a sony/microsoft licenced product is allowing cheats in the form of macros to compromise their iintellectual property including EA/Dice's terms of service then sony/microsoft is obligated to put a stop to it.

This is something that EA/Dice need to request from sony not just the consumers imo.

I know from second-hand experience that Sony has the ability. My cousin bought a knock off PS3 controller off ebay for half the price of official dual shock controllers. When the PS3 updated, it screwed the controller up and rendered the controller useless. I imagine they could do the same thing with xim/cronus. I use to think cronus was just another MNK adapter like xim until recently where I saw the script cheats that some users have posted about it here. Had no idea it gotten to that level on console.
  • TamKingski

I know from second-hand experience that Sony has the ability. My cousin bought a knock off PS3 controller off ebay for half the price of official dual shock controllers. When the PS3 updated, it screwed the controller up and rendered the controller useless. I imagine they could do the same thing with xim/cronus. I use to think cronus was just another MNK adapter like xim until recently where I saw the script cheats that some users have posted about it here. Had no idea it gotten to that level on console.

Indeed,i only recently saw the extent of these macros recently too,unfortunately as all the attention these devices are now getting will likely see a rise in usage.
    Im hopeful sony/microsoft revoke's the licence of these device's and render them useless on console.
  • EmineNc33
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    if you guys made servers Private, so players could MODERATE the servers, I have lost faith in EA's ability to stop cheaters at this point.
    It's been three months, and You've brought out next to nothing in content, on a shallow game. Is it any wonder why people are hacking the game. They are bored.
  • Pelliy
    NicDrywall wrote: »
    I honestly don't understand why you (DICE) can't state the types of cheats in use and the timeline for addressing them? I don't want you to get into the specifics on techniques or approaches, but we've all seen the videos, so we know what the cheats are (wall hack, aim bot, damage hack, LOD bias mod, hacked mini-map, etc.)

Why not admit you know what the cheats are, and that you are working on addressing them? I admit I'd like to know when (timeline) for the various changes but maybe you want to surprise the cheaters with a surprise patch - I guess I can accept that but I'm not so sure that's a valid excuse.

But by showing us you understand our pain and the impact on game confidence that cheating has, it would go a long way to showing us you get it. Right now, the vague statements don't inspire that. Instead they make me fear you don't understand the scope of the problem. And that makes me lose interest in BFV and that makes me sad.

Cheat designers routinely update their hack so if you tell them when they're back will be addressed, it'll let them prioritize which hacks to update first.

As far as the lod, Sean mentioned it will be in the next patch.
  • Pelliy
    Cropulus wrote: »
    KingAl72 wrote: »
    In roughly two Months I've personally reported over 3,000 cheaters hackers in BFV via origin.

Wow, you are the poster boy/dictionary definition for madcuzbad. You've died approximately 6000 times, so basically every second player is cheating in your opinion. Actually, probably closer to every player that kills you, since I imagine a lot of them kill you more than once. Have you ever stopped to consider that maybe your knee jerk reaction is way off base and the vast majority of them are not actually cheating? Could you even entertain that as a possibility?
    KingAl72 wrote: »
    BFV isn't BF4, you simply cannot get high kd without using wallhack and/or aimbot/damage modifier etc.

This just speaks to your complete inability to fathom the skill gap present in the game. You are so far down the curve that the abilities of even just good players are completely alien to you. I would be interested to know how many players you reported in BF4. Around 95000 I guess?

I was about to respond in a similar fashion, as I agree with you wholeheartedly. I think this is as much of a problem within the franchise as cheating is, but if you solve the cheating problem this will largely resolve itself as well. However, let's just keep it constructive :smile:

I agree. I noticed an uptick in cheaters around Christmas time but not at the level many are saying. I wonder if most of the hackusations are chalked up to inexperienced players not being able to differentiate skill and cheating.

Also, the game itself has been plagued with issues of TTD bug, which makes it seem like someone's hacking. The ttk is fast too.

I'm under the impression if they do switch to another anticheat or they managed to get the incidents of cheating reduced considerably, the community here is still going to say ea has done nothing about the cheating.

I've already see people on this forum saying people are wallhacking on Apex lmao when the game was not even 24hrs old and was a surprised release that no one saw coming.

It takes time to develop cheats. It won't come that fast. There are some people that are so deluded which doesn't help the actual problem of cheating.
  • Noromiz
    291 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Kauzer_RF wrote: »
    To do list:
    - in game few clicks report method. Also If cheating player gets for example 20 reports from 64 playing on that server ppl, he should be kicked from server and notification sended to EA\DICE support crew;
    - maximum cruel panishment for cheaters, i mean origin account ban;

On only issue with that is that one team could technically remove the best players on the opposing team, though that could easily be solved by saying people from both teams should report him.
  • SmoothMedicine
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Where is my post gone??
  • SmoothMedicine
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hi Dice Guy!

It is good to hear that your company ist trying to fight against cheat mechanisms in your current title BFV after it has been released to the customers worldwide.

My question is:
    Why don't you finish your product, maintain a good cheat protection before you relase it?
    Wouldn' that be a great thing after so many critics about your titles about not giving the players a fair gaming experience but taking money for that? Actually you milking your customers with extra Premium Pass like in BF1.

A possible answer to the above question might be:
    It is all about invest on one side and profit on the other side.
    Many software products today are released as minimal viable products, thanks to agile development.

My experience since your last patch is that your new anti-cheat approach might have failed. I experience much more activity that might be identified as an act of cheating or as bugs in your software.
    i.e. to mention the bug that occurs when having the chat windows visible and writing while getting killed: Mouse movement is not working. To workaround your software error tghe user can type "H" to hide the chat.
    This is sure is not a Class 1 bug that causes exceptions... but controls shuld work in a 5 star title, right?
    So why don't you fix this asap?

Your marketing creates a big hype with nicely rendered commercial video, with little foot notes (scenes are not original). People are getting hungry for your product. BTW for me you can save the money for this "tuned" visual appearance of your titles which show something to lure customers.
    Most customers (yes first they are customers and not players) are more likely disappointed when using the new Battlefield title. You can check your own forum for comments and other like cheater forum etc.

To be hones I can not remember a single game since last BFV patch where there was no claim about potential hacks, wallhacks, just "strange things" like getting incinerated for no reason. Ammo boxes fall thru floor textures, etc. , etc.
    Well that is my experience.

There is other shooters on the market. Actually I play some Overwatch and this game does not feel as untrusty as BFV. Actually it looks like Activision does strong invest in securing their titles with good results.

According to my countries consumer rights I would say the product was deliverd faulty, you are in charge to fix it asap.
    You might need some consulting from a software qs pro, you can ask, but it is not for free guys.

• ibasaw_fr
    13 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    1/ report player directly inside the game
    2/ system like old punkbuster
    3/ vote to kick
    4/ ban the ea account if player has 10 kicks in the hour
    5/ monitor memory to scan fraudulent display driver or program to hack your software
    6/ you are losing your community if tou don't fix fastly this major problem
    7/ give us dedicated servers so admin could do something on the server where cheater play
  • RRedux
    672 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Btw, why is there so strict rules against calling out cheaters anyway?

If a player is obviously cheating, why is it part of EA's rules to keep it secret?
  • TamKingski
    RRedux wrote: »
    Btw, why is there so strict rules against calling out cheaters anyway?

If a player is obviously cheating, why is it part of EA's rules to keep it secret?

To cover their backside for just incase the person accused is innocent or attacked/targeted on social media and sues EA/Dice.
  • 1stKyser
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Game is going to be dead before any real action is taken.
  • Hawxxeye
    5958 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I do not get why announcing the username of those who got the banhammer for their actions is a privacy laws issue.
    Their username is not their private information but their public name/ID in that game community
    If I had been attacked by someone irl I would like as a victim to know what happened on that attackers case after the police got him/her.
  • Pelliy
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    I do not get why announcing the username of those who got the banhammer for their actions is a privacy laws issue.
    Their username is not their private information but their public name/ID in that game community
    If I had been attacked by someone irl I would like as a victim to know what happened on that attackers case after the police got him/her.

Well I k ow Reddit does it to protect both sides. There have been cases where the person Mali g the allegations have been attacked by the hackusations, fixed and stuff like that.

That's a privacy concern. EA may subscribe to that ideology as well. Tons of people make false allegations so it's possible innocent people can get entangled in it.

So it's just best to report it and let ea do their job .

I'm not saying I agree with it. Just explaining the mindset behind it
This discussion has been closed.