The Netcode changes has me worried.

ProAssassin2003
2938 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
DICE messing with the Netcode usually causes all sorts of Problems. Got Popcorn ready for Patch Day.

Comments

• GrizzGolf
    843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    DICE messing with the Netcode usually causes all sorts of Problems. Got Popcorn ready for Patch Day.

When is the next patch?
  • Ace-Cardd
    238 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    GrizzGolf wrote: »

When is the next patch?

Next Tuesday?
  • G-Gnu
    1283 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Sadly the need to mess with the netcode as is it is abysmal , but i get your fear. The percentage of ruin it instead of fixing it is is heavy leaning to the former.
  • NLBartmaN
    2798 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It can only get better, never ever in all my gaming time I have experienced a worse Netcode than in this game ...
  • G-Gnu
    1283 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    It can only get better, never ever in all my gaming time I have experienced a worse Netcode than in this game ...

Do not be to sure about that though.
  • NLBartmaN
    2798 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    G-Gnu wrote: »

How can it get worse?
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5151 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 9

How can it get worse?

Dice's magic.
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

How can it get worse?

Surprisingly in agreement with you, I don't think it can get worse. The netcode issues in this game are abundantly more glaring and frequent than past games, and on multiple occasions in past games DICE has made successful attempts to alleviate netcode issues and have not really made many changes that made the netcode in those games actively worse.

I don't see how thier improvements could make matters worse than they are now, as far as netcode is concerned.
  • G-Gnu

How can it get worse?

You know sometimes other stuff will surface when they "fixed" something that might make it worse, i hope not. But you never know.
  • ackers75
    2146 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have faith due to it being impossible to be any worse
  • RRedux
    657 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Rather they abandon the whole "latency compensation" thing altogether, it's created nothing but problems since they introduced it in bf3.
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    RRedux wrote: »
    Rather they abandon the whole "latency compensation" thing altogether, it's created nothing but problems since they introduced it in bf3.

I'd love to see this happen, the oor player outrage would be immense
  • parkingbrake
    3025 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

They fixed it in BF4, although Visceral had to get involved to show them how to do it, but it was fixed.
  • parkingbrake
    3025 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »

I'm seeing whole squads coming in with pings in the hundreds of milliseconds, it is a bad sign. I walked away from PUBG largely because of the OOR lag (and cheating) resulting from so many players from China in NA servers, the same thing was happening in EU. There should be a hard cap of no more than 120ms, OOR lag ruins games.
  • Kayback
    367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »

I'm seeing whole squads coming in with pings in the hundreds of milliseconds, it is a bad sign. I walked away from PUBG largely because of the OOR lag (and cheating) resulting from so many players from China in NA servers, the same thing was happening in EU. There should be a hard cap of no more than 120ms, OOR lag ruins games.
    Make it 150. I like playing on European servers from Africa and my ping is 130-145.
  • TamKingski
    1721 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    While a lower ping threshold that kicks players above xxx ping would go along way,you also have to remember that not all areas that the game sold in has access to local servers,wether that be due to lack of infrastructure/political/social/safety reasons and would be unfair to blanket ban/stop people in those regions who paid for the game from playing.

Also the fact that sony/microsoft have limits on what a publisher/develepor can do in regards to ping locking official public servers so EA/Dice's hands are tied in regards to ping locking servers due to agreements with console manufacturers.

There might be a way around this by only locking a certain ammount of servers to say 100 ping or under but i haven't seen anything from dice to say this was something thats possible under the current console manufacturers requirements.

One thing EA/Dice could do (on consoles) to reduce some of the low vs high ping problems is to use 60hz servers with a higher tick so those with low ping can have a more consistent experience. They done this with bf1 albeit with smaller game modes due to bandwidth limitations on console,why they left 60hz servers out for bfv is beyond me but i suspect its a money thing.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1370 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I don't know, but i'll just take a wild guess (JUST a guess). One, folks are going to again cry ttk was nerfed, when DICE will just claim it was the netcode fix.

Two, latency would be so good, the ttk as it is now will be on steroids, making the game unplayable for many, if not already. Finally three, a big nothingburger that will change absolutely nothing, asking what they even did. Those are my three guesses. I'm not a techie btw.
  • 0SiGHT0
    455 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You should be worried, it will probably be worse than before.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6241 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Oh yeah definitely waiting for the inevitable bug or something broken. They may fix the netcode to an extent but we all know they're going to break something.
  • TamKingski
    1721 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Oh yeah definitely waiting for the inevitable bug or something broken. They may fix the netcode to an extent but we all know they're going to break something.

My fingers are crossed that it will make planes fly backwards :p