February "soon hue hue" Patch notes

Comments

• xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1492 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Well the coop sounds cool being i could play solo. If i can play with AI teamates, my complaining about "ttk" on these forums may near it's end l. This old man needs a decent bot mode to run too when i die too much in mp lol.

Man, glad to see you posting about it. I came just to see your reacting to the ttd netcode fixes for issues that you claimed supposedly didn't exist and that the devs knew didn't exist. I was sadly disappointed.

Yeah, as i said we haven't heard any rumblings about the netcode much at all lately. Wonder what they're needing fix being nobodies complaining.

So, we'll see what this "ttd/ttk" issue correlation they're looking to fix may do. Maybe it's going to nerf the ttk again to fix the netcode lol. They'll never "admit" they're nerfing it again, but we'll see the reaction when this supposed fix happens.
  • TamKingski
    1790 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I asked this in another thread but ill post it here too on the hope someone more knowledgeable can answer.

The only thing that worries me is the "increasing the ammount of damage updates that can happen in a single packet" "this ensures that damage is sent to players as fast as possible and avoid delayed damage"

Does this mean that we will now see an increase on recieved damage from a high pinger before we even see them on screen?
    as now their damage and you recieving that damage will be prioritized over their laggy player model? Or have i misunderstood what this will do?
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    TamKingski wrote: »
    I asked this in another thread but ill post it here too on the hope someone more knowledgeable can answer.

The only thing that worries me is the "increasing the ammount of damage updates that can happen in a single packet" "this ensures that damage is sent to players as fast as possible and avoid delayed damage"

Does this mean that we will now see an increase on recieved damage from a high pinger before we even see them on screen?
    as now their damage and you recieving that damage will be prioritized over their laggy player model? Or have i misunderstood what this will do?

It could. It can have two effects. One, in changing or fixing netcode, you may find yourself dying quicker, being the latency may be be better. It won't be the one frame, but many of us are not dealing with that issue. So all it would do, for folks that don't have that issue, make the ttk seems even FASTER, even unplayable lol.

However on the other hand, it may do the opposite. It may in fact by fixing it, it may make the tkk feel much slower, or seem that way, having folks cry they nerfed the ttk again. But again, we shall see. In the end, my view is, they will again have to look at the ttk issue again, one way or another.
  • TamKingski
    1790 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TamKingski wrote: »

It could. It can have two effects. One, in changing or fixing netcode, you may find yourself dying quicker, being the latency may be be better. It won't be the one frame, but many of us are not dealing with that issue. So all it would do, for folks that don't have that issue, make the ttk seems even FASTER, even unplayable lol.

However on the other hand, it may do the opposite. It may in fact by fixing it, it may make the tkk feel much slower, or seem that way, having folks cry they nerfed the ttk again. But again, we shall see. In the end, my view is, they will again have to look at the ttk issue again, one way or another.

Thanks for the reply,lets just hope this doesn't make things worse for those with low ping.
  • Loqtrall
    12417 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Well the coop sounds cool being i could play solo. If i can play with AI teamates, my complaining about "ttk" on these forums may near it's end l. This old man needs a decent bot mode to run too when i die too much in mp lol.

Man, glad to see you posting about it. I came just to see your reacting to the ttd netcode fixes for issues that you claimed supposedly didn't exist and that the devs knew didn't exist. I was sadly disappointed.

Yeah, as i said we haven't heard any rumblings about the netcode much at all lately. Wonder what they're needing fix being nobodies complaining.

So, we'll see what this "ttd/ttk" issue correlation they're looking to fix may do. Maybe it's going to nerf the ttk again to fix the netcode lol. They'll never "admit" they're nerfing it again, but we'll see the reaction when this supposed fix happens.

Are you under the impression these changes are going to effect ttk on the killer's side? The changes pertain specifically to the death experience and bundled damage - that happens on the receiving end of the situation, you're not experiencing bundled damage from your end when you're the shooter. Whereas from the shooter's perspective they fired 4-5 rounds to kill you, you may have received bundled damage via netcode issues and get essentially instakilled before you can even react to being shot at.

From the changes listed in the notes, it doesn't appear the ttk will be touched at all, and it will be VERY easy to tell if it was after the patch goes live. My bet is on it being the same, regardless of how the weapons will "feel" to you or anyone else after.

If sweeping changes to ttk didn't fix the ttd issues when they did it once before, why are you under the impression they'd do the same thing again even though patch notes indicate an entpieely different situation? You're clinging to this ttk thing pretty hard.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6

Are you under the impression these changes are going to effect ttk on the killer's side? The changes pertain specifically to the death experience and bundled damage - that happens on the receiving end of the situation, you're not experiencing bundled damage from your end when you're the shooter. Whereas from the shooter's perspective they fired 4-5 rounds to kill you, you may have received bundled damage via netcode issues and get essentially instakilled before you can even react to being shot at.

From the changes listed in the notes, it doesn't appear the ttk will be touched at all, and it will be VERY easy to tell if it was after the patch goes live. My bet is on it being the same, regardless of how the weapons will "feel" to you or anyone else after.

If sweeping changes to ttk didn't fix the ttd issues when they did it once before, why are you under the impression they'd do the same thing again even though patch notes indicate an entpieely different situation? You're clinging to this ttk thing pretty hard.

Did they really have the time in just a few days to make that determination about the ttk ttd issue before repealing it? Anyhow, if you learned anything in the 12,000 posts you have with us, it would almost certainly have to be DICE can screw up a simple cup of coffee. We shall see what happens. Pray for a miracle.
  • asadqureshy
    127 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Great patch. Although the ZK is a bit sad. As a medic i found this to be the only suitable midrange option. Slow firing but accurate.
  • diagoro
    1592 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Lets see if this goes thru this time, being it was eaten twice already without being edited (DICE PLEASE).

Yes, being there is no more relative complaints about ttd and netcode, i''d like to see what they mean in their correlation on the "ttd/ttk" fixes. Maybe nerfing ttk again, w/o admitting they are, being the ttk is what is causing these netcode issues? Lol, i guess we'll see.

No more relative ttk/ttd complaints???

Netcode issues are a major flaw, ispecially if you have latency around 30. Personally, I'm completely over being constantly killed by the first shot. Literally won't play any more if it isn't fixed Tuesday.
  • Khronikos
    2236 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    CSO7777 wrote: »
    Sound like it will be the best patch yet.

TTD/netcode fixes at last, and a lot of them actually. Perhaps we will get the best netcode in a BF-game ever (even better than BF1).

And a lot of small quality-of-life improvements as well.

The weapon nerfs (all of them) seems like meh to me. I don't think the any of the mentioned guns was overpowered, compared to the other guns.

Now we just need a fix to visibility, head-glitching and the missing sound-effects for the game-play to become (almost) perfect.

There is still hope for this game to be one of the best BF-games ever.

The BEST patch yet guys! OH YEAH!
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    diagoro wrote: »

Lets see if this goes thru this time, being it was eaten twice already without being edited (DICE PLEASE).

Yes, being there is no more relative complaints about ttd and netcode, i''d like to see what they mean in their correlation on the "ttd/ttk" fixes. Maybe nerfing ttk again, w/o admitting they are, being the ttk is what is causing these netcode issues? Lol, i guess we'll see.

No more relative ttk/ttd complaints???

Netcode issues are a major flaw, ispecially if you have latency around 30. Personally, I'm completely over being constantly killed by the first shot. Literally won't play any more if it isn't fixed Tuesday.

Oh i think it'll be fixed ok lol. The question is how.
  • TamKingski
    Khronikos wrote: »
    CSO7777 wrote: »
    Sound like it will be the best patch yet.

TTD/netcode fixes at last, and a lot of them actually. Perhaps we will get the best netcode in a BF-game ever (even better than BF1).

And a lot of small quality-of-life improvements as well.

The weapon nerfs (all of them) seems like meh to me. I don't think the any of the mentioned guns was overpowered, compared to the other guns.

Now we just need a fix to visibility, head-glitching and the missing sound-effects for the game-play to become (almost) perfect.

There is still hope for this game to be one of the best BF-games ever.

The BEST patch yet guys! OH YEAH!

:p
  • Rattoner
    330 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    and yet no love for MMG players.
    • The buff to flares has decimated MMG players ability to "set up" before engagement.
    • "Incendiary rounds" on MMG's is still 99% useless.
    • Bipod still does not work correctly, not on flat surfaces, not on ledges. Going prone for MMG's is still a complete death trap with little reward because of the changes to recoil.
  • asadqureshy
    127 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Shrediron wrote: »
    and yet no love for MMG players.
    • The buff to flares has decimated MMG players ability to "set up" before engagement.
    • "Incendiary rounds" on MMG's is still 99% useless.
    • Bipod still does not work correctly, not on flat surfaces, not on ledges. Going prone for MMG's is still a complete death trap with little reward because of the changes to recoil.

I unlocked the new MMG and have been playing just fine. Went 32 and 4 last round in domination
  • Sou1__0062
    166 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Wow nothing special in patch almost 3 month after game lunched and still need to leave every round game to pick special mission for skin XDDDDDDDDDDD add ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ autotracking for weapon skins morons
  • DigitalHype
    832 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    "Gewehr 1-5 • Reduced maximum damage to 36 (was 40). • Reduced range at which one head and one body shot is lethal to 10 m (was 30 m).

These semi-autos had a very high chance to get a kill with only two hits on a wounded target, which seems unnecessary given their good base TTK. Additionally, the Gewehr 1-5 was extremely strong up to 30 meters whenever you landed one headshot, so we reduced this range to 10 meters"

This is not clear. It sounds like they intend to nerf all semi-auto rifles, and even more heavily penalize the Gewehr 1-5. I would like to know if the person making the call on this has ever tried to complete the Mastery (or even Proficiency) VI assignments for these weapons? It makes no sense that the these assignment require headshot kills. Not to mention , they require 4 or 10 in a life, in the objective area (very small area). A headshot does not OHK. And, a headshot only kills if it is the final kill bullet. So, that means you end up having to get almost twice as many headshots (because you likely aim for the head on the first shot).

When you are nerfing these guns, are you considering the impact to the weapon assignments? These are not aligned with other gun's assignment difficulty levels.
  • rainkloud
    548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    "Gewehr 1-5 • Reduced maximum damage to 36 (was 40). • Reduced range at which one head and one body shot is lethal to 10 m (was 30 m).

These semi-autos had a very high chance to get a kill with only two hits on a wounded target, which seems unnecessary given their good base TTK. Additionally, the Gewehr 1-5 was extremely strong up to 30 meters whenever you landed one headshot, so we reduced this range to 10 meters"

This is not clear. It sounds like they intend to nerf all semi-auto rifles, and even more heavily penalize the Gewehr 1-5. I would like to know if the person making the call on this has ever tried to complete the Mastery (or even Proficiency) VI assignments for these weapons? It makes no sense that the these assignment require headshot kills. Not to mention , they require 4 or 10 in a life, in the objective area (very small area). A headshot does not OHK. And, a headshot only kills if it is the final kill bullet. So, that means you end up having to get almost twice as many headshots (because you likely aim for the head on the first shot).

When you are nerfing these guns, are you considering the impact to the weapon assignments? These are not aligned with other gun's assignment difficulty levels.

You don't balance for mastery assignments - they are an ancillary concern. You balance for MP. I hope the weapon balancer has nothing to do with the assignment person. If anything they should adjust the assignments to match the mp game.
  • wiazabi
    545 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Bit concerned about the TTD and how they are going about it, if they try to smooth out the death of client being hit without having solved the actual cause of instant deaths all it will do is make dying around corners a nightmare pretty much.

Would go something like this.

Server tells client he died ( super bullet / bundles shots ), client then instead of old way of instant death just delivers the super/bundled bullets over time to make it appear as if you got hit multiple times which means that regardless of where you are or running to even hiding in safety you would get a hit hit hit death.

So instead of a fix it would just change one bad experience to another one.

I will try to be hopeful about this patch as there seem to be some good changes but if they don't test em out then yeah............. it is gonna be good patch !!! is has to be!!!

• EdwinSpangler
    1841 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ackers75 wrote: »
    I see tankers are slowly getting their way
    How surprising!

Now its time for the spotters to get our way.. No? No takers? Oh well i tried... Again.
  • RayD_O1
    1132 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Is it confirmed this patch is actually coming tomorrow. ?
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1686 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    CaptHotah wrote: »
    Thanks for nerfing the ZK 383 DICE. Why was that necessary?? 😔

Shame as this was the only Medic weapon worth using, even this is outclassed by the assault rifles but at least you had a chance firing from the hip. No reason to play Medic again - DICE get with it for Christ sake.