Dice - You Have A Big Problem - Console Cheaters Using Cronusmax Scripts Cheating

13»

Comments

• WinterWarhurst
    1319 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It’s not that a Cronus shoots faster, it’s that it’s far easier to control an M1A1 when you’re not trying to consistently achieve max ROF with your trigger. This said IMO hairline triggers/ paddles are as fast as a rapid fire mod.
  • m1k3ol
    823 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Moderator
    Up2you2011 wrote: »
    Chronis Scripts also look like they allow you to Auto Spot.... Now thats a big advantage. Have no experience with these nor do I want to. A cheat is a cheat !

It just spams the spot button, I think that's just a bait line, since that's for past BFs
    That's a pretty limited scope of the issue. I first noticed scripts used via XIM giving jet pilots an insane advatage over superior pilots. One little click on the most nearly-impossible evasion manuevers are done for you. It goes way deeper than you mention.

As far as a friend told me, the XIM was at some point sold on the official Ms store

Go figure

I've seen this in BF3 lately as well; Insane Headshot/Kill ratio (90%ish), 5%ish accuracy. They will pretty much stand out in the open, even on Canals TDM, headshotting everyone. High round capacity weapons generally, MP7 seems to be popular.

BF3 on the past gen consoles?

Old consoles are hacked to death, no need for peripherals, that's why the community is on current gen
  • PrezMtDewCamacho
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited February 9
    m1k3ol wrote: »
    Chronis Scripts also look like they allow you to Auto Spot.... Now thats a big advantage. Have no experience with these nor do I want to. A cheat is a cheat !

It just spams the spot button, I think that's just a bait line, since that's for past BFs
    That's a pretty limited scope of the issue. I first noticed scripts used via XIM giving jet pilots an insane advatage over superior pilots. One little click on the most nearly-impossible evasion manuevers are done for you. It goes way deeper than you mention.

BF3 on the past gen consoles?

Old consoles are hacked to death, no need for peripherals, that's why the community is on current gen

The emulator on xbone

Just go to cronusmax forums. They and their users tell you exactly why they can do and are doing. It appears fortnight is the biggest target , so yes PS4 and xbone
  • Sixclicks
    5073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    PoppaPappo wrote: »
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    They also need to find a way to address ghost accounts - not that I'm on console anyway, but that's recently been an issue from what I've seen. Technically people could be using ghost accounts on PC too as a way of cheating without using actual cheats. I haven't really noticed it yet, although I don't usually pay attention to that either.

No they don't. That's not enough of a problem to need to pay people to come up with a solution. I love how one video goes around and you all act like it's an epidemic. One sad little man does not equate to a sweeping issue.

You really don't think others will start copying it now that it's out there more publicly? It's like having wallhacks lite plus reducing the effectiveness of the enemy team by having a useless player. That's a pretty big problem. Especially in small game modes.

if it was easy and convenient maybe, but currently no, I do not think it's going to spread or that it's a problem. People who cheat are looking for easy. What is cheating but a shortcut? The more effort it takes the less common it will be.

It’s not easy and convenient when compared to the hacks PC users have to face, but it’s actually not that much effort, especially if you have friends helping you. There’s a lot of video gamers that have easy access to multiple TVs and ps4s. The lengths the guy in the SMK video went was excessive, but you don’t even need to go that far. Someone could just have their second PS4 in spectate mode.

Spectate mode is delayed, so that won't help.

But if I played on my PS4 instead of PC, I could easily do it. I play at my desk. My PS4 is connected to one of my two monitors. We have 3 PS4s in the house. I could take one of them and connect it to my other monitor. It would be very easy. I'd literally just have to turn my head slightly to see the map of the other account that's on the other team.

With PC I'm sure you could multibox the game somehow. It's not as easy as just installing some actual hacks, but it's also a lot less likely to be noticed by other players and thus your chances of being caught are reduced.
  • Austacker
    430 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Dice - You Have A Big Problem - Console Cheaters Using Cronusmax Scripts Cheating

DICE already has your money, I don't think they see this as a 'problem' anymore.

That's the simple reality here guys. They couldn't give a damn about the game integrity, just the EA Share price.

Cynical view, but it's more true than you think.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6735 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Here's a quote from Julian Manolov. It implies that they're totally cool with Xim/Cronus/Venom or whatever 3rd party controller emulator you want to use. If you're incapable of seeing the implication, please visit your nearest emergency, you need brain defibrillation.

https://imgur.com/a/kmyRQIV

This ends the mouse on console discussion forver. I am closing this thread.

/closed.

• Austacker
    430 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Here's a quote from Julian Manolov. It implies that they're totally cool with Xim/Cronus/Venom or whatever 3rd party controller emulator you want to use. If you're incapable of seeing the implication, please visit your nearest emergency, you need brain defibrillation.

/closed.

That's is a very frightening implication for the Xbox brand.

A lot of players come to console to play in a cheat free environment. The Xbox brand integrity is in question there and both MS and the developers refuse to act on the issue.
  • WinterWarhurst
    1319 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Call me a cynic but I wouldn't be surprised if SONY especially and even Microsoft don't mind pulling people to console from PC
  • Jamesonoid
    406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

/closed.

m43a0IJ.gif

I'm indifferent about MK on console, but I have seen anyone going absolute H.A.M. yet.
  • Metal_Jockets
    247 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They also need to find a way to address ghost accounts

It won't only address the issue you've described it'll also address other exploits..
    clearly it will not solve the cheating problem but it will be a good start in put a sizable dent on it.

• full951
    2456 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Austacker wrote: »

/closed.

That's is a very frightening implication for the Xbox brand.

A lot of players come to console to play in a cheat free environment. The Xbox brand integrity is in question there and both MS and the developers refuse to act on the issue.

what's frightening about it? did you know they are now selling a 250 USD wireless mouse and keyboard for the Xbox? they sure don't think it's hurting the brand. and Sony has had their own mouse and keyboard products for years now. on top of Xbox live coming to switch the Xbox brand is on the rise

the Xbox brand integrity has only increased since Phill Spencer got behind the wheel. the brand is doing great, way better than at launch, you remember how it was right?

this isn't doom and gloom. 250 USD is not the price for entry, you can use any mouse and keyboard and of course controllers are not going anywhere. gamers will always be able to use them.

there's no action for them to take because this isn't an issue that negatively effects any of the console manufacturers or devs in any way. it only stands to benefit every single one of them.
  • PrezMtDewCamacho
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

/closed.

Using M and K is fine. Using scripts is not. That's the reality of what their policy is.

Enforcement might cost them licencing revenues, so it probably won't happen.
  • CracKxEm
    82 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 12

/closed.

Using M and K is fine. Using scripts is not. That's the reality of what their policy is.

in order too use a mouse & keyboard, you have too use scrits.

enforcement is simple.
    for xbox that is...
    simply block the hardware from registering while play BF...done.

DICE could block all emulators & scripting hardware if they wanted too.

DICE could even enable native M&K. if they wanted too...(theyve alreayed tested, used M&K in the studio on xbox) but disabled functionality.
  • SpeedStreaker
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Good I will buy one, thanks for the tip.
  • CracKxEm
    82 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    by all means.
    hey, ill sell you mine. :P
  • l337RAGE
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    [quote="
    Dud, respectfully, if you can shoot an M1A1 Carbine, as quick as it does with Cronus (like a machine gun), please make us a vid showing us that. I say that sincerely. There's just no way.[/quote]
    oXGeminiXo wrote: »
    Hi I and many other in the forums believe people are using Cronusmax Plugged in Controllers to cheat in the game
    There are getting a competitive advantage using Reduced Recoil Profiles, Autoaim, Rapidfire and other stuff.

The scripts are out there. I won't post any links here but I was shocked to see what you can do with a Normal Controller using their hardware and scripting.

Some players are supergood we don't dispute that, but there does seem there is some supsicious gameplay where people are too fast even if they are are taking advantage of Netcode \ TTD and the fast TTK.

Time you did something about this, if you don't we won't have an active playerbase, we all want to see.

This doesn't give the advantages you think but one you did not mention.
    -Reduced recoil: BFV has very nice gunplay and the fact that you can learn weapons without bloom and tap fire and upgrades anyone can reduce recoil. Not to mention this script only really works on vertical so guns that have bad horizontal recoil it doesnt do much.
    -Autoaim: this only sends input and does not have the ability to receive it so how would it know where to aim to begin with.
    -Rapidfire: rof will limit guns and I am not very good at button masher but I have easily hit the limit on guns so this is a non factor.
    -Others: The only ones for bf games is auto spot and hold breath which the first is pointless in this game because it was removed and the second is actually just someone being lazy.

Now I will also add in that these devices have a huge downfall and that is it adds input lag that using a wired controller doesn't. It can range from 5ms to 1 sec or more. In FPS games input lag is needed to be as low as possible to achieve the best results. 5ms doesnt seem like alot but you have to factor network latency, and screen refresh and tick rate to realize that 5ms would be great but can still hurt if the other person has 5ms faster input. The only advantage is the precision you can obtain on aiming but honestly if you have a added input lag that is noticeable it will negate the precision advantage with a mouse.

If you think that people can not be competitive against m/k when using a controller then you should look up nickmercs ghostayden and there is someone else that plays fortnite with controllers and they are able to compete with top tier fortnite players. It may be fortnite but it is still a competitive game that requires precision aiming along with the ability to build a jungle Jim while high on caffeine.

I realize that while also that I may not have a need for these devices there are some people who may have a handicap that makes using a m/k over a controller the only option and why should they not be able to play the game without having to buy a expensive computer. Consoles are now seeing this and making it possible for games to use other accessibility options available.

Dud, respectfully, if you can shoot an M1A1 Carbine, as quick as it does with Cronus (like a machine gun), please make us a vid showing us that. I say that sincerely. There's just no way.

So the M1A1 has a fire rate of 450 rounds per minute. That's 7.5 rounds a second.

I made this clip on a Xbox One S with the standard controller. I cut it down using the Upload studio app.

The first test is 16 rounds, the first round goes off at 01.21 second mark and the last at the 03.29 mark. That's 2.08 seconds for 16 rounds or 7.69 rounds a second.

The second test is 15 rounds, the first round goes off at 07.11 second mark and the last at the 09.13 second mark. That's 2.02 seconds for 15 rounds or 7.42 rounds a second.

Don't know why the first test has a higher ROF than 7.5 rounds a second, I'm not sure how accurate that Upload studio is or if there was some users error. Regardless, it is in the right ballpark of 7.5 rounds a second.

That shows that you can max the ROF, now you need to show a Cronus shooting faster.

As an avid M1A1 user I will say that when you max out the firerate it become damn hard to keep your aim on target due to the controller shaking so much and the fact your right finger is taking finesse away from your right thumb. If I didnt have to worry about that and had a slight constant scripted pull down to counter recoil you could become a god medium to close range. All you would need is decent positioning
  • full951
    2456 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    try turning off the rumble feature. it's a gimmick anyway
  • full951
    CracKxEm wrote: »

/closed.

in order too use a mouse & keyboard, you have too use scrits.

enforcement is simple.
    for xbox that is...
    simply block the hardware from registering while play BF...done.

DICE could block all emulators & scripting hardware if they wanted too.

DICE could even enable native M&K. if they wanted too...(theyve alreayed tested, used M&K in the studio on xbox) but disabled functionality.

dice could do all that now couldn't they? I keep hearing the api to block all emulators exist yet not one dev has used it.

I keep hearing if they wanted mouse and keyboard support they would enable it. check out the custom bindings, the infrastructure for it is in place.. now. obviously native support isn't enabled, but if they had zero intent, why make it an easy switch?
  • Jamesonoid
    406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    [quote="
    Dud, respectfully, if you can shoot an M1A1 Carbine, as quick as it does with Cronus (like a machine gun), please make us a vid showing us that. I say that sincerely. There's just no way.
    oXGeminiXo wrote: »
    Hi I and many other in the forums believe people are using Cronusmax Plugged in Controllers to cheat in the game
    There are getting a competitive advantage using Reduced Recoil Profiles, Autoaim, Rapidfire and other stuff.

The scripts are out there. I won't post any links here but I was shocked to see what you can do with a Normal Controller using their hardware and scripting.

Some players are supergood we don't dispute that, but there does seem there is some supsicious gameplay where people are too fast even if they are are taking advantage of Netcode \ TTD and the fast TTK.

Time you did something about this, if you don't we won't have an active playerbase, we all want to see.

This doesn't give the advantages you think but one you did not mention.
    -Reduced recoil: BFV has very nice gunplay and the fact that you can learn weapons without bloom and tap fire and upgrades anyone can reduce recoil. Not to mention this script only really works on vertical so guns that have bad horizontal recoil it doesnt do much.
    -Autoaim: this only sends input and does not have the ability to receive it so how would it know where to aim to begin with.
    -Rapidfire: rof will limit guns and I am not very good at button masher but I have easily hit the limit on guns so this is a non factor.
    -Others: The only ones for bf games is auto spot and hold breath which the first is pointless in this game because it was removed and the second is actually just someone being lazy.

Now I will also add in that these devices have a huge downfall and that is it adds input lag that using a wired controller doesn't. It can range from 5ms to 1 sec or more. In FPS games input lag is needed to be as low as possible to achieve the best results. 5ms doesnt seem like alot but you have to factor network latency, and screen refresh and tick rate to realize that 5ms would be great but can still hurt if the other person has 5ms faster input. The only advantage is the precision you can obtain on aiming but honestly if you have a added input lag that is noticeable it will negate the precision advantage with a mouse.

If you think that people can not be competitive against m/k when using a controller then you should look up nickmercs ghostayden and there is someone else that plays fortnite with controllers and they are able to compete with top tier fortnite players. It may be fortnite but it is still a competitive game that requires precision aiming along with the ability to build a jungle Jim while high on caffeine.

I realize that while also that I may not have a need for these devices there are some people who may have a handicap that makes using a m/k over a controller the only option and why should they not be able to play the game without having to buy a expensive computer. Consoles are now seeing this and making it possible for games to use other accessibility options available.

So the M1A1 has a fire rate of 450 rounds per minute. That's 7.5 rounds a second.

I made this clip on a Xbox One S with the standard controller. I cut it down using the Upload studio app.

The first test is 16 rounds, the first round goes off at 01.21 second mark and the last at the 03.29 mark. That's 2.08 seconds for 16 rounds or 7.69 rounds a second.

The second test is 15 rounds, the first round goes off at 07.11 second mark and the last at the 09.13 second mark. That's 2.02 seconds for 15 rounds or 7.42 rounds a second.

Don't know why the first test has a higher ROF than 7.5 rounds a second, I'm not sure how accurate that Upload studio is or if there was some users error. Regardless, it is in the right ballpark of 7.5 rounds a second.

That shows that you can max the ROF, now you need to show a Cronus shooting faster.

As an avid M1A1 user I will say that when you max out the firerate it become damn hard to keep your aim on target due to the controller shaking so much and the fact your right finger is taking finesse away from your right thumb. If I didnt have to worry about that and had a slight constant scripted pull down to counter recoil you could become a god medium to close range. All you would need is decent positioning[/quote]

Welcome to the forums. One thing to consider is to try and not post in an old thread, but anway...

Firing at that rate does make aiming, and particularly tracking a bit more difficult. It's better for static targets or spray and pray at close range. I don't have an issue with the control shaking, I have vibration off, trigger Input set to 5%, and pulling the trigger just doesn't mess with my aim much. As far as the scripts go, I don't think they work as advertised. I think that they are blown out of proportion and a lot of bad players believe they work to have an excuse for why they aren't doing good. That's not to say scripts aren't used or can be effective, I just don't think it's as easy, effective or worthwhile as some think.