There are indeed cheaters on console in this game!

Comments

• 0ld_yell0w
    406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Any macro that gives you an advantage over other players is illegal in my book, it doesnt matter if its from a controller or a script on a pc.
    On pc in BF3,BF4 BFH you got banned perm on servers if you got caught using recoil/rapidfire macros. (and you still do).

Some here claims that the controller is only doing what is human possible, ok, can you recoil control all guns equally in game all the time/every day manually ?
    Rapidfire IS possible, but controlling the recoil WHILE rapidfiring a pistol ..... you can do it, yes, but for how long without breaking either your hand or mouse/controller ?

Seeing some of the videos I have no issue with calling it out as a cheat.

• full951
    2455 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    0ld_yell0w wrote: »
    Any macro that gives you an advantage over other players is illegal in my book, it doesnt matter if its from a controller or a script on a pc.
    On pc in BF3,BF4 BFH you got banned perm on servers if you got caught using recoil/rapidfire macros. (and you still do).

Some here claims that the controller is only doing what is human possible, ok, can you recoil control all guns equally in game all the time/every day manually ?
    Rapidfire IS possible, but controlling the recoil WHILE rapidfiring a pistol ..... you can do it, yes, but for how long without breaking either your hand or mouse/controller ?

Seeing some of the videos I have no issue with calling it out as a cheat.

sounds about right. the only cheating script is recoil control
  • SithMetal71
    111 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    had a few tonight, new exactly where i was, even though i was hidden and prone. He popped round the corner one shot and left, very suspicious...
  • full951
    2455 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    had a few tonight, new exactly where i was, even though i was hidden and prone. He popped round the corner one shot and left, very suspicious...

was there an enemy recon in the area using a flair gun? you were prone. you can't see the whole sky when you're prone. you don't get told when your spotted
  • PoppaPappo
    235 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I'm just clearing up that you can't exceed in game RPM by using a Cronus. I don't think the Cronus is as wide spread a problem as reading this thread might make it sound.

How would you know? Chances are a boatload of lurkers who read this thread or watched the videos just went and ordered a Cronus. They’re not terribly expensive.
  • Jamesonoid
    406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    PoppaPappo wrote: »

I'm just clearing up that you can't exceed in game RPM by using a Cronus. I don't think the Cronus is as wide spread a problem as reading this thread might make it sound.

How would you know? Chances are a boatload of lurkers who read this thread or watched the videos just went and ordered a Cronus. They’re not terribly expensive.

The same way you would know that chances are a boatload of lurkers who read this thread or watched the videos just went and ordered a Cronus.

Battlefield Forums is cool and all, but I don't think this place, let alone this thread, is big enough to influence a "boatload" of people to buy a Cronus, especially when the majority here are against the Cronus.

I said "I don't think" which is my opinion. I base that on not having seen one used, ever. Additionally, that I doubt the Cronus can perform what it claims to do, and without creating new problems(like input lag, which a few people here says it does).
  • full951
    CracKxEm wrote: »
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    ackers75 wrote: »
    full951 wrote: »
    to deny console gamers of such control is not fair

How about the fairness to controller users,
    I agree with you.. this is the rationale steroid using baseball players used "Well you can do it too" (and end up with cancer and a limp weinie)

Yeah let me let you in on a little secret. Roids are illegal in baseball and Bud Selig sure as hell doesn't sell roids to MLB players. Sony and Microsoft not only allow mouse usage but they sell their licensed product, Hori and Razer. What are you people smoking??

Well, your buddy Jackfrags must be smokin something, being on his vid awhile ago, he think it's cheating using a k&m on consoles. But even aside from him, didn't Sony and Microsoft leave it up to the developers to make the decision to allow k&m in their games? Sincere question, being idk the answer.

does anyone care what the opinion is of some YouTuber? If a YouTuber has interesting content we can discuss it, but since when is an opinion of another person worth anything?

Sony and Microsoft left it to the players to play with whatever they want as long as it's not outright cheating. Mouse is an input device. I find this whole discussion as stupid as when my grade 4 teacher forced me to use a pencil instead of a pen. They all do the same thing. Cheating is cheating, hacking is hacking. Mouse on console isn't cheating or hacking and you can't prove it nor do anything it (except buy your own) so why is it even a topic of discussion.

its cheating because you cant just plug the mouse and keyboard and play bfv....its not supported by DICE....its cheating...

you have to use 3rd party hardware to emulate m&k though the use of scripts.

I'd imagine it's above their pay grade and as far as they are concerned, if the console manufacturers allow it, then it's a legitimate controller.
  • full951
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    ackers75 wrote: »
    full951 wrote: »
    to deny console gamers of such control is not fair

How about the fairness to controller users,
    I agree with you.. this is the rationale steroid using baseball players used "Well you can do it too" (and end up with cancer and a limp weinie)

Yeah let me let you in on a little secret. Roids are illegal in baseball and Bud Selig sure as hell doesn't sell roids to MLB players. Sony and Microsoft not only allow mouse usage but they sell their licensed product, Hori and Razer. What are you people smoking??

Well, your buddy Jackfrags must be smokin something, being on his vid awhile ago, he think it's cheating using a k&m on consoles. But even aside from him, didn't Sony and Microsoft leave it up to the developers to make the decision to allow k&m in their games? Sincere question, being idk the answer.

does anyone care what the opinion is of some YouTuber? If a YouTuber has interesting content we can discuss it, but since when is an opinion of another person worth anything?

Sony and Microsoft left it to the players to play with whatever they want as long as it's not outright cheating. Mouse is an input device. I find this whole discussion as stupid as when my grade 4 teacher forced me to use a pencil instead of a pen. They all do the same thing. Cheating is cheating, hacking is hacking. Mouse on console isn't cheating or hacking and you can't prove it nor do anything it (except buy your own) so why is it even a topic of discussion.

Oh, well i certainly don't care about him. I hate him (respectfully), but i thought you were a part of that deep state core community cult using everything they say as gospel, or i wouldn't have brought him up. My mistake.

As far as k&m being a part of this discussion, i don't see how it is, unless it is. So, if what you're telling me is true, that Microsoft, Sony and DICE are good with it, and can show a source saying that (like a link or something), i suppose it is of topic.

I have proof. I'll show you a screenshot.

First let's explain who it's coming from. @jjju is Julian Manolov, a dev as you can see he has the 'Dice' tag and you can talk to him yourself on twitter, very nice guy gave me the aim assist slider after I whinned to him to add it for 2 years.

First read what's NOT underlined for your explicit proof that keyboard is allowed. Then read the red underlined part which implies that they're totally cool with Xim/Cronus/Venom or whatever 3rd party controller emulator you want to use. If anyone is incapable of seeing the implication, we got nothing else to discuss because you may have to visit a doctor or stop smoking.

https://imgur.com/a/kmyRQIV

oh.. jjju does more than imply the are fine with it. I've posted this before and it always goes ignored just as the original post by jjju go ignored. they ask. dice responds, and they don't want to accept the fact dice and every other dev is fine with it especially if the console manufacturers allow it.
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/176759/will-there-be-a-keyboard-and-mouse-support-on-ps4#latest

read the post by oskool_007
  • PoppaPappo
    235 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They should just score and rank m&k players separately. They should also just be put on separate servers as well.
  • OrionPherrit
    445 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I’m on Xb as well & was told zillions of times cheating is not possible, but lately I’ve begun to doubt that. Today, I went 3-21 and lost more than a dozen times in a row; they always seem to know where I am, even without flares. Their tank kills me from 300m away, even while I’m crawling in bushes & trees. How? I’ve been in tanks before & can’t see squat.

It’s not impossible that those are legit kills, but I still can’t shake the feeling something fishy is going on… 🤔
  • WhiteRabbit_swe
    619 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    But the Moderators work for DICE, and if they give permission, and i use it, and i get banned when you're saying it's not cheating, i need an authority to come back too.

Really, We don't work for EA nor DICE.

We have regular contact with EA but in the grand scheme of things, I really don't believe Microsoft or Sony would permit the developers of the devices to make and sell them if they would be considered to be cheating.

In so the OP could come here, when i go 50/5, after constantly killing him, claiming i'm cheating, when apparently, my rapid fire, auto spot, and semi auto bolt action isn't cheating.

So, before folks claim it's not cheating, i think we need much more clarification from EA/ DICE before we claim it's not, and not listen to those folks who may not know what they're talking about from PC Land.

You do know that a modded controller can't make a gun shoot faster than the game allows?
    A modded controller won't make your bolt action rifle fire at rate of 600 rpm or make a gun with a rpm of 450 fire at 900 rpm, not even 455 rpm..
    A modded controller won't make you magically going 55/5 or whatever if you're usually going 13/9, 10/15 or something like that.
    And how does auto spot work in a game without spotting?

And until we get that clarification from EA/Dice there will be lots of different opinions on this and it's subjective whether a modded controller is cheating or not.

Well, i don't where you been , but the mods brought up DICEs position on this, and it IS cheating. So, maybe you missed that point. You can't use the scripts and macros on these devices.

You said yourself in the post I quoted that we need more clarification from EA/Dice so not sure why you wrote that if dice's position was clear?

You do know that a scripts and macros can't make a gun shoot with a higher rpm than the game allows?
    Scripts and macros won't make your bolt action rifle fire at rate of 600 rpm or make a gun with a rpm of 450 fire at 900 rpm, not even 455 rpm..
    Scripts and macros won't make you magically going 55/5 or whatever if you're usually going 13/9, 10/15 or something like that.

Not sure if this makes it any easier to answer my initial question to you?
    Well, the thing is that a normal person doesnt fire those high ROF weapons (assault semi auto carbine is good example of this) as fast as it potentially can be fired (at least with a controller), so with a macro for this, then it gives HUGE advantage to people... If you put a anti-recoil script on top of that, then the weapon gets crazy strong...

If this anti-recoil is ok, then I obviously going to use it myself, because I play recon only and 9/10 times with the recon SLRs (ZH-29 and Selbst 1906), and the current HUGE recoil on these two weapons are a joke right now... So if EA say its ok, then sure, the recon SLRs needs a buff for less recoil anyway...
  • Cerben1
    263 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    macro that macro this and use that to get this edge in game. why do ppl not play the game as they are and just try if your not the top player all times running at lest have fun. i did some clan ladders and so on in early bf games. but to be the pub hero was never any thing we did try hard for. and why shod every gun be a laser gun recoil patterns are not hard to learn. back in BF2 the patherns wher random some cold be learned but most of my time i played At inf or engineer in Tank. shod we cheat to get better? is there legit cheats ? cheating is the one ting that takes the fun out of every game. played wow as well macros was common there for dps but whit out them i cold do better then most. good Key binding is better and play to your advantages use the terrain flank. learn the recoil patterns mess around whit the 4 specs you can get on every weapon see what is your way but dont use any macros or programs for an edge.

play your best have fun and and never cheat
  • full951
    But the Moderators work for DICE, and if they give permission, and i use it, and i get banned when you're saying it's not cheating, i need an authority to come back too.

Really, We don't work for EA nor DICE.

We have regular contact with EA but in the grand scheme of things, I really don't believe Microsoft or Sony would permit the developers of the devices to make and sell them if they would be considered to be cheating.

In so the OP could come here, when i go 50/5, after constantly killing him, claiming i'm cheating, when apparently, my rapid fire, auto spot, and semi auto bolt action isn't cheating.

So, before folks claim it's not cheating, i think we need much more clarification from EA/ DICE before we claim it's not, and not listen to those folks who may not know what they're talking about from PC Land.

You do know that a modded controller can't make a gun shoot faster than the game allows?
    A modded controller won't make your bolt action rifle fire at rate of 600 rpm or make a gun with a rpm of 450 fire at 900 rpm, not even 455 rpm..
    A modded controller won't make you magically going 55/5 or whatever if you're usually going 13/9, 10/15 or something like that.
    And how does auto spot work in a game without spotting?

And until we get that clarification from EA/Dice there will be lots of different opinions on this and it's subjective whether a modded controller is cheating or not.

Well, i don't where you been , but the mods brought up DICEs position on this, and it IS cheating. So, maybe you missed that point. You can't use the scripts and macros on these devices.

You said yourself in the post I quoted that we need more clarification from EA/Dice so not sure why you wrote that if dice's position was clear?

You do know that a scripts and macros can't make a gun shoot with a higher rpm than the game allows?
    Scripts and macros won't make your bolt action rifle fire at rate of 600 rpm or make a gun with a rpm of 450 fire at 900 rpm, not even 455 rpm..
    Scripts and macros won't make you magically going 55/5 or whatever if you're usually going 13/9, 10/15 or something like that.

Not sure if this makes it any easier to answer my initial question to you?
    Well, the thing is that a normal person doesnt fire those high ROF weapons (assault semi auto carbine is good example of this) as fast as it potentially can be fired (at least with a controller), so with a macro for this, then it gives HUGE advantage to people... If you put a anti-recoil script on top of that, then the weapon gets crazy strong...

If this anti-recoil is ok, then I obviously going to use it myself, because I play recon only and 9/10 times with the recon SLRs (ZH-29 and Selbst 1906), and the current HUGE recoil on these two weapons are a joke right now... So if EA say its ok, then sure, the recon SLRs needs a buff for less recoil anyway...

has anyone here ever said anti recoil was ok? the guy you quote is telling you about the built in fire rates. he's not trying to justify anti recoil scripts.

If you want faster shots with a controller there's a couple options for you. buy a 150 USD elite controller, it has trigger stops for a short mouse click like pull. or you can buy a more expensive scuff. or in the games menu there's a setting for trigger activation to shorten the pull needed. if you really want to, you have our blessing to use rapid fire, because you won't be able to shoot faster than anyone anyways.

there's a acception or two where a rapid fire script may lead to a faster firing rate. the best example would be the AN-94. I'm sure most are familiar with its properties
  • CracKxEm
    82 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    jjju is wrong...
    you cant with human hands, and a controller....
    replicate the movements an XIM enables you too preform.

he is also wrong in the fact that as far as an xbox goes(i dont know about sony) but as far as an xbox goes, while running BFV the console tells the game every piece of hardware connected... so emulators are detectable.

also i think keyboard is disabled for BFV on colsole.(ill have too double check that)
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1432 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    jjju is wrong...

he is also wrong in the fact that as far as an xbox goes(i dont know about sony) but as far as an xbox goes, while running BFV the console tells the game every piece of hardware connected... so emulators are detectable.

also i think keyboard is disabled for BFV on colsole.(ill have too double check that)

Not only that i responded to Goon, but the post got eaten. I think folks are gonna need more than just some random comment on a forum by only one dev. There really should be a sticky in what DICE's policies are, allowiing k&n in their games.

Which is to say, if Goon got banned, he can go back to that lone statement, but if i were him, i wouldn't latch onto something like that. I wouldn't take that chance.

We need Official word from DICE about the k&m matter, and statement stickied on this site. Maybe there is an official stance, and Baron just couldn't provide it. And if there is, it should be in a place many could access.

As far as Cronus, the policy is already there it's cheating. It's just some don't think it is, or more appropriately, don't want to think it is. But it is.

The k&m is a different matter, and official word from the company on that, is probably very necessary.
  • WhiteRabbit_swe
    619 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    If this thread is anything to go by I think my next video is going to do very well.
    Haha, thank you for commenting and visiting my thread, didnt knowing would turn out this big (but guess alot of us console players been frustrated over this thing a long time)...

Great video btw., really good investigating!!! Keep it up!
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    If this thread is anything to go by I think my next video is going to do very well.
    Haha, thank you for commenting and visiting my thread, didnt knowing would turn out this big (but guess alot of us console players been frustrated over this thing a long time)...

Great video btw., really good investigating!!! Keep it up!

Yep, you caused QUITE the raucous here Rabbit . But for a good cause lol.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6731 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    jjju is wrong...

Not only that i responded to Goon, but the post got eaten. I think folks are gonna need more than just some random comment on a forum by only one dev. There really should be a sticky in what DICE's policies are, allowiing k&n in their games.

Which is to say, if Goon got banned, he can go back to that lone statement, but if i were him, i wouldn't latch onto something like that. I wouldn't take that chance.

We need Official word from DICE about the k&m matter, and statement stickied on this site. Maybe there is an official stance, and Baron just couldn't provide it. And if there is, it should be in a place many could access.

As far as Cronus, the policy is already there it's cheating. It's just some don't think it is, or more appropriately, don't want to think it is. But it is.

The k&m is a different matter, and official word from the company on that, is probably very necessary.

Many of us are in this topic to indulge you guys. I mean we don't care for the topic much. It's a multicultural forum and some of us are very interested in politics or religion or science etc... you know important things. While others are interested in the lowest common denominator of topics namely following social norms and lame rules like sticking to the rule of parking in a spot for 60 minutes and not more because the sign says so and engaging in insufferable debates about the ethics of mouse on console. Seriously, alot of us don't care. I showed you the quote from a dev, Julian Manolov himself, even he doesn't care. So all of you guys read it again and move along: https://imgur.com/a/kmyRQIV
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    jjju is wrong...

Many of us are in this topic to indulge you guys. I mean we don't care for the topic much. It's a multicultural forum and some of us are very interested in politics or religion or science etc... you know important things. While others are interested in the lowest common denominator of topics namely following social norms and lame rules like sticking to the rule of parking in a spot for 60 minutes and not more because the sign says so and engaging in insufferable debates about the ethics of mouse on console. Seriously, alot of us don't care. I showed you the quote from a dev, Julian Manolov himself, even he doesn't care. So all of you guys read it again and move along: https://imgur.com/a/kmyRQIV

Well, where's DICE's word on this? That guy could be gone this time next week. You're gonna go by that?? Ok.
  • SpitWad101
    4 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    He is probably running ghost accounts like most of the ps4 cheaters. He spawns on both sides of the team leaves the ghost in 1 position. He can now see every one on the other sides position as well as set up to kill everyone spawning on his ghost. He can can even switch sides to the winning by backing out and joing his ghost in game if needed to pad his wins.