How many cheaters have you reported vs cheaters you've seen actioned?

Comments

• RRedux
    671 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    wc138 wrote: »
    so you've countered .00000001% of the people using cheats or 3rd party adapters?

Congratulations.

You think EA would make a post like this if only 0.00000001% of players used cheats?

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/179806/discussion-our-anti-cheat-approach-to-battlefield-v/p1

Most've gotten even worse in BF5 for EA to actually acknowledge the problem, since in bf1 they just plugged their ears and pretended like nothing was wrong.
  • Astr0damus
    2901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 9
    Watch this video and please report him
    [removed]

this explains some of the times I am dynamited when there is no way anyone but teammates know where I am. Unbelievable and pathetic...
    In real life this person probably commits check-fraud and other scams.
    Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If you camp hard enough/quit games you can have just about any K/D you want.

There are several factors that have to be addressed before a hacks accusation.

K/D isn't what makes me suspect cheating in most cases, it's watching someone do something that appears to be outside the normal functioning of the game, e.g. tracking players (too far away to hear) through solid cover. Everybody gets lucky now and then, but someone who consistently knows where all his opponents are is getting some outside help.
  • rifle77
    104 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think some of you are missing OP's point. Rifle is asking what your success rate is for reporting cheaters. They are not suggesting that players over a specific K/D should be reported.

To answer your question, I've never reported anyone. Other players have reported me though. Usually for aimbotting or some other nonsense.

Yeah, I definitely didn't phrase it well, this is what I meant. In fact, many cheaters I've reported that no longer play weren't the 100-2 guys you think of when it's a cheater. It was the 28-7 guys that looked very normal unless you spectated them.
  • B0ng0_Banger
    1159 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    kd ratio is not a good indicator of cheating as there's lots of ways you can get a ridiculously high kd ratio.
    kills per minute is much better. if they have like a 3kpm then there's a 99.99% chance they're cheating.
    head shot ratios on automatic weapons is also a good one. most rage hackers will have a 50%+ head shots ratio on some or all of their automatic weapons.
    it's the subtle cheats that are hard to detect like esp. which i now believe the game is infested with. imo, chances are there are several in every game.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I used to keep track of this, I'd check on players I'd reported to see if they'd been banned. But back in BF4 there was this one obvious guy I reported and he kept playing for months and months before finally EA suspended him and wiped his stats and reset his rank to zero. I realized then that legit players care far more about cheating than EA. This hasn't changed, people are posting videos in Reddit of blatant hack users they're reported to EA (with the evidence) and those guys just go on playing. EA is issuing bans, but they're taking their sweet time about it and that erodes confidence in their anti-cheat efforts.

PUBG sends out ban confirmation messages to players who report cheaters, often within a day or two. It's nice knowing that a cheater you reported was nuked, I had a couple of dozen of those messages before I quit that game. Now, in BFV, pffft, I'll still report some cheaters, but I don't try to look them up later, seems like a waste of time.
  • Luka156
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ZEROOOOOOO
  • FurkanYL
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Does your kd doesnt save if you quit a match?
  • 0ld_yell0w
    406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    @FurkanYL If you mean your stats in that game you just left then yes, you get the kills and points you already earned in that game.

As @parkingbrake wrote, theres a dungload of things to watch for and be suspicious about but rarely the KD alone.
    (unless its 49152/1) <- that would certainly raise an eyebrow or two.
    Most stats can be inflated one way or the other, not the ACC and DMG though.
  • oneCelph
    33 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Not saying there are no cheaters but in my 100 hours I've yet to encounter a single one I've known for sure to be hacking.
    Single frame deaths would probably account for a lot of the hackusations. Server side.
    Plenty of people in the last months of BF1 though. So again, not saying there are none.
  • Faylum
    419 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    'A farted once on the set of blue lagoon'...
    *Silence*
    *Silence*
    *Slap Noise*
  • rockin_master
    373 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Reporting a cheater in Battlefield is akin to writing a wish list and sending it to Santa Claus. This isn't even a small exaggeration.

• Astr0damus
    2901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    FurkanYL wrote: »

Does your kd doesnt save if you quit a match?

This was a bug way back in the day, and it was exploited in reverse--- meaning, if players had a terrible game (k/d-wise) they could quit and their "good" k/d would be preserved. The annoying thing was if you had a good game and now wanted to go to sleep, you had to sit through and wait for the next game to load, then quit--preserving your good k/d but taking an automatic loss to your win%. (I think this was BF2: Modern Combat, or one of the Bad Company games.. can't recall)
  • Astr0damus
    Faylum wrote: »
    'A farted once on the set of blue lagoon'...
    *Silence*
    *Silence*
    *Slap Noise*

Did Brooke Shields notice, or were you in the water?
  • craigerswuzhere
    103 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    A cheater walks into a bar and asks the bartender, "hey man, did you know I'm #1 in the world for most kills in BFV?" And the bartender says, "Oh,......cool,......so have you tried Apex Legends yet?"
  • SumwhatKrazy
    555 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've reported 2 or 3. One was one of those extremely blatant ones. Iam talking about a guy walking around as infantry getting 100 plus kills and his kills ticking up like a stop watch just killing everyone from everywhere.
    I dont know if action was taken or not? i dont remember their names and dont recall seeing them again but have no idea really.
  • Astr0damus
    edited February 10
    cheaters gonna cheat
  • 1stKyser
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 10
    Haven't reported any at all, the report process is too damn tedious and not even worth the hassle when people have all |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| for a name and a string of numbers.
    Post edited by 1stKyser on
  • Ploodovic
    1642 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I used to keep track of this, I'd check on players I'd reported to see if they'd been banned. But back in BF4 there was this one obvious guy I reported and he kept playing for months and months before finally EA suspended him and wiped his stats and reset his rank to zero. I realized then that legit players care far more about cheating than EA. This hasn't changed, people are posting videos in Reddit of blatant hack users they're reported to EA (with the evidence) and those guys just go on playing. EA is issuing bans, but they're taking their sweet time about it and that erodes confidence in their anti-cheat efforts.

PUBG sends out ban confirmation messages to players who report cheaters, often within a day or two. It's nice knowing that a cheater you reported was nuked, I had a couple of dozen of those messages before I quit that game. Now, in BFV, pffft, I'll still report some cheaters, but I don't try to look them up later, seems like a waste of time.

I’ve heard (but unfortunately I can’t find the source now – it’s not in the blog post about how they counter cheaters in BFV), that because of privacy laws, DICE aren’t allowed to notify the person that did the reporting, that the account of a cheater has been suspended.
  • disposalist
    8504 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    RRedux wrote: »
    wc138 wrote: »
    so you've countered .00000001% of the people using cheats or 3rd party adapters?

Congratulations.
    You think EA would make a post like this if only 0.00000001% of players used cheats?

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/179806/discussion-our-anti-cheat-approach-to-battlefield-v/p1

Most've gotten even worse in BF5 for EA to actually acknowledge the problem, since in bf1 they just plugged their ears and pretended like nothing was wrong.
    Yes, they would put out a post like that because they have to respond to all the constant crying whatever the reality behind it.

I have heard the problem in asia is much worse - I can't comment on that - but in the EU I'm at 1850 hours now in BF1 and have encountered about 30 definite cheaters. Relatively, next-to-none. I have, however, seen about 10,000 hackusations. I'm pretty sure most of the problem for tracking down cheaters is EA/DICE getting flooded with reports that are just rubbish.

When I see someone that is definitely suspicious I leave the server, come back in as a spectator, record their activity for a good few minutes, edit the footage to highlight the cheating, upload to YouTube and *then* report, linking the vid.

Even when I think (or someone else convinces me) that someone is cheating, half the time I come to spectate them it turns out they are just a really good player.

Yes, there are cheaters. Is it a huge problem? Nope. BF5 has many many bigger problems and for BF1 it's never been a big issue.