Weekly Debrief

Semi-Autos need big recoil increase

ghos7bear
145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited February 10
They're stupid accurate and have almost no recoil. They outshoot machine guns and sniper rifles. They even outshoot assault rifles unless point blank. Why the hell full rifle caliber on such big rifles gives you no recoil what so ever? This is unrealistic, this is unbalanced, this is [removed]
Post edited by IIPrest0nII on

Comments

• ghos7bear
    145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I guess there is no argument here. Semi-autos need to have their recoil tripled and made available to all classes.
  • ghos7bear
    This thread needs some replies. I can't be the only one thinking that semi-autos are OP as hell.
  • Dr_X2345
    774 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Not made available to all classes, but they definitely need an increase in recoil (not necessarily a blanket one, because some don't need it as much as others). I think there should also be a little more damage drop off at range for some of them, and also more bullet drop, just to make it so they're not out-shooting sniper rifles.
  • butseri_79ot68g
    32 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I agree that they are too good, however I really don't want recon rifles to be the only viable counter to mmgs. I don't think there is any simple one step solution to fix the balancing problems here.
  • Dr_X2345
    I agree that they are too good, however I really don't want recon rifles to be the only viable counter to mmgs. I don't think there is any simple one step solution to fix the balancing problems here.

They can be nerfed and still counter MMGs. It's more that at range some can actually out-snipe Recon weapons, which isn't ideal. At mid range, they're fine (apart from recoil), but they have too little damage and bullet drop, making them too accurate and too damaging at long range.
  • gibonez
    296 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    most guns need recoil increase.
  • IIPrest0nII
    1827 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Hello @ghos7bear

I've edited your post and removed profanity. Please refrain from using profanity/ swearing as it's against the forum rules. Also, I'd not recommend you to bump your threads so frequently.

Forum rules: https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/137240/battlefield-forum-rules-and-guidelines#latest

Thanks!

• M_Rat13
    1053 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Why not just buff Recon guns instead? If your problem is them losing to Assualt at long range.
  • Dr_X2345
    M_Rat13 wrote: »
    Why not just buff Recon guns instead? If your problem is them losing to Assualt at long range.

They do need a little buff in some aspects, but that's not a good solution. The point is more that some of the semi-auto rifles can snipe better than the Recon weapons in some scenarios, which isn't really how they're supposed to work for the most part. That's like saying that Assault's AT capabilities are too good against tanks (which they are) and having the solution be buff tanks, which then anegatively affects the other infantry classes who have very little AT capabilities. Instead the Panzerfaust and PIAT need to be made less effective, which means that Assault will be less effective against tanks but tanks will be as effective against infantry as a whole.
  • KingsportCowboy
    167 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Nah, that's not enough. Assault needs some drawbacks. They can do everything, and do it well. That shouldn't happen.
  • butseri_79ot68g
    32 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dr_X2345 wrote: »
    They can be nerfed and still counter MMGs. It's more that at range some can actually out-snipe Recon weapons, which isn't ideal. At mid range, they're fine (apart from recoil), but they have too little damage and bullet drop, making them too accurate and too damaging at long range.

I agree, changes should be made. It's just that I'm doubtful of DICE's ability to get the balancing right.
  • M_Rat13
    1053 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Nah, that's not enough. Assault needs some drawbacks. They can do everything, and do it well. That shouldn't happen.

True, but I think it's the mobility aspect while using an Assualt DMR that's the problem. Trying to hit those players at long range who bounce all over the place is a pain, while they land multiple headshots with ease.

Honestly, the whole movement system needs massive work.

I will say however, that Assualt ARs (and I include the M1A1 in that list as it plays like one) are perfectly balanced.
  • stabbinhobo
    581 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The assault SLR's are just stupid good at any range. Laser accuracy.. no recoil.. 3x scope with no glint... will gun down a SMG hip-firing at 10m/ etc. IMHO DICE is not going to do jack about it.. by design they want everyone playing assault. By their actions... they really could not be more clear as they stick their thumbs in the eyes of every other class when given opportunity. They actually gave assault ANOTHER OP SLR through TOW...lol.
  • Ciza211
    40 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It might be enough to remove it 3x scope from assault. Every assault with DMR and 3x scope is better than sniper . Most effectiv, accurate, full auto, no recoil, 3x scope. And broken balistic. good choice hmm maybe? :
  • fakemon64
    898 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    gibonez wrote: »
    most guns need recoil increase.

Id like to see at least a slight increase to recoil across the boards for all weapons and more so for automatic fire.
  • stabbinhobo
    581 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Ciza211 wrote: »
    It might be enough to remove it 3x scope from assault. Every assault with DMR and 3x scope is better than sniper . Most effectiv, accurate, full auto, no recoil, 3x scope. And broken balistic. good choice hmm maybe? :

Plinking with the assault DMR's at 300m+ with a 3x scope and no glint is really easy. Doing the same with a ZH-29.. not... so... easy.
  • SirTerrible
    1703 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Give 'em spread increase per shot. Problem solved (mostly).
  • KingsportCowboy
    Give 'em spread increase per shot. Problem solved (mostly).

Or make suppression actually do something. If it threw off accuracy by increasing spread of blurring the targets vision it might be worth it.
  • KingsportCowboy
    Of course you would defend them lol.